Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ prp ] my brother's keeper (alque/boss)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:20 pm
Although not as openly emotional as his clutchsibs, there was no mistaking that Alquemieth had frequently checked on Bossuth--mentally, at the very least, since neither he nor Ar'din felt a physical presence was worth dealing with the brat of a junior weyrling his twin had chosen. At most, one or two of Ar'din's shifts in dragonhealing brought them close enough to glance at them in passing, but beyond that R'iz and Bossuth had been safe from them. Shar had been taking care of their catch up studying, and probably a few other bleeding hearts had visited, so there wasn't any doubt they were fine, company-wise.

Nonetheless, after Bossuth's first afternoon class was finished, he was called. Come to me, brother. It has been long enough. Alquemieth had dug himself a small wallow in the snow and was facing the bowl, watching the ongoings of other dragons with silent judgement.

Nearby, Ar'din was swinging a practice sword, rather than working on his homework. He wanted to put it off as long as possible, and at least with this stick he could scratch the fighting itch and pretend it was conducive to his training. They didn't usually let pit fighters have weapons, and to anyone with even a vague knowledge of swordplay, it was clear the scarred man had some training to do still.

Hattaki
doesn't have to be rider focused unless u want to~

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:38 pm
It was a request that both of them had seen coming from a mile away, or at least had known that it would eventually. While R'iz had been somewhat hopeful that the bronze's rider had caught enough flash of his dislike for how he'd talked to Shar that he'd leave well enough alone, he also knew that Bossuth and Alquemieth were twins from the same shell. It was only a matter of time before they connected and Bossuth had the absolute worst trusting side, giving others all the credit they didn't deserve. He was a dragon though, not a child or some canine that could be pressed upon and held back, the little bronze had to make his own decisions in life.

But R'iz didn't have to enjoy that the 'request' came as an outright order.

It'll be fine! Brother is very nice, you'll see, he's as strong as I wish I was for you, you should have gotten him, you'd be perfect with how strong you both are. Bossuth babbled nervously as he walked resolutely towards where his brother had indicated their meeting would be. There is no 'should have', there's only you and that's all there ever will be. I wouldn't have wanted another. The response was just a bit more curt than he'd meant it to be in light of the situation, but he had no interest in letting Bossuth go alone to meet his brother where his near soul-crushing self esteem issues might become worse with how negative and domineering his 'beloved' twin brother was. No amount of coersion could ever make the redhead believe that his twin had anything in Bossuth's best interest, it was all in his own interest of control and R'iz had lived with that for quite some time before.

Growling a little bit at the thought of his father, especially when he caught sight of Alquemieth's rider practicing, R'iz settled leaning against a wall so his own negativity didn't damper Bossuth more than it had to. He would watch and he'd let the dragon make his own decisions, but he wasn't going to sit by and have him be insulted or put down without doing something. As far as he was concerned his dragon's twin and his rider could suck it up and deal with the fact that they were all riders at High Reaches and would someday fly together. They were hardly better than anyone simply for acting superior.

Trying to keep his legs from shaking foolishly in front of his strong brother, Bossuth walked up to sit just behind him, unworthy to sit beside him even if he could feel how that rankled His. I'm very sorry Alquemieth, it has been long. H-how are you faring in your lessons? You and yours... I mean?

medigel
Could be interesting, just because of how they view one another. XD "That brat" "That asshat" lol Up to you!

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:53 pm
Alquemieth took his sweet time to notice Bossuth's approach, only turning his head at the last few steps so that he could make a sharp motion for the bronze to draw closer. His shaking brother could take refuge once again under his wing, where his brother belonged. Yes, it has been. Yours is a fool, you know, he said, orange tinging his green eyes. What did he do to end up in the healers for so long? You said that you would find me at the Feast, and yet you did not. His disapproval was clear.

Feeling Alquemieth's irritation across their bond, Ar'din paused and wiped at his forehead. Huh. So that twin of his was finally out and about. Which meant...He scanned about until he saw R'iz, who was leaning against a wall not too far from the dragonets, and clearly not happy about it. Fantastic. Ar'din let his gaze linger, but he wasn't about to try and force small talk with someone that clearly hostile; he had to be good now, after all. Classes would force them to talk anyway, one way or another, and he was not keen on adding to that fun.

Hattaki
now if only this one actually liked socializing.........

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:54 pm
Silence drug out after his question for quite some time before Alquemieth decided to respond with a head motion before his words. In fact the first words made something odd unfurl inside of Bossuth's own broad chest but he walked forward carefully, still trying to hide his shivers and now his awkward gait as he inched closer very slowly. I don't know that he's a 'fool', he got those injuries protecting friends from Skerath's attack when she was angry and lashed out for her sister. Angry was one word, but really he knew that it had been a type of hollow loneliness that had been in his cousin's hearts as well, unmatched as she had been at the time, for she was a brave green. Both R'iz and Skerath had been protecting someone else and that certainly didn't strike the smaller bronze as 'foolish'. He crept just a bit closer and tried to let his twin's lack of approval blow past him. But I am sorry that I... missed the feast. Really I tried, but going too far away from him felt physically wrong. Did you get... to see Mother at least?

This... was not starting well. Honestly if he was to ignore the little jabs of frustration and fear and concern and every emotion under the rainbow that he could feel twanging through his connection to Bossuth then R'iz was going to need to do something to distract himself. Luckily he'd stuffed some wire in the pockets of his jacket and was already twisting them about, so it seemed like it would be reasonable to at least make something. Focus, he'd have to focus if he was going to make something that would draw his attention away from what he was feeling. A gentle push from the small bronze felt like acknowledgement at least, even if he wasn't telling the redhead anything that was transpiring between he and his twin.

So R'iz simply settled for twisting and and coiling the wires into intricate designs to keep himself from speaking up, since the other rider wasn't interested in much more than his sword either. Maybe he could finish something up for Ar'din and Alquemieth as some sort of peace offering, but he didn't quite know what to make other than maybe....

medigel
Laaaaaate. ;w; Sorry!

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:20 am
Alquemieth scoffed at his answer but welcomed him under his wing nonetheless. Candidates should know how to protect themselves, he said. Yours had no business playing the hero. He probably made it worse rather than better. And by probably, he meant absolutely.

Ar’din, seeing nothing else to tip the social choice one way or the other, went back to practicing with the wooden sword. And eavesdropping just a bit on the dragonets’ conversation. Having had an irregular (read: mostly neglectful) family unit for his formative years, he found Alque’s relationship with his twin odd and complex. But it was better than when they had been with—

Mother was doing her best, given the circumstances. A twinge of grey peeked into the bronze’s eyes before it was smothered. I sat with her for the majority of the celebration. The rest of them were not worth the effort.

And most would never be.

She missed you, Alquemieth added pointedly, piling on the guilt. See to it that you keep yours from being a buffoon again, Bossuth. I only have patience for your brand.

Hattaki
shhh <333

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:48 am
An argument boiled under Bossuth's skin to his brother's scoff and the words that followed, but he kept his head down and body under the larger wing that was spread out for him. Bravery beat in the heart of his chosen rider and he knew for a fact, through images and memories of the exact moment those injuries had been sustained, that nothing would have changed Skerath's attack. He had been up front and personal for it after all, so she would have either gone through his Radish or through the girls behind him no matter what and it was utterly unacceptable in the redhead's mind for those girls to have been wounded thanks to the actions of another. Another who had impressed a dragon anyway.

Whether the knew how to protect themselves or not, knowing R'iz's friends now as they had all come by to visit or met up in classes once more, Bossuth wouldn't have wished those same scars on them and likely would have done the same even if he was a coward and weak.

Resist, resist, resist the urge. R'iz thought to himself as he twisted the metals about and around into intricate designs that he knew by hand from making them many times for the necks of humans and now for Bossuth. Given that his bronze was decked out in bits of metal work and it was ever changing due to how much the redhead had bought in his time making jewelry alongside R'gan, it seemed only fitting that twin dragons looked as twins. This would have to be wide enough to fit over the longer headknobs that Alquemieth had though.. that was one thing that would be curious.

At the mention of his mother, Bossuth wilted entirely, his eyes going a completely yellow/gray color as he thought of her sadness and grief for having lost their sister. While surely his brother, strong and comforting, had been there for her as best he could, it would have been nice to see her during the affair, if even only for a moment. Mother... deserves a son more like you than a weakling like myself. It's good you were there for her as I'd have failed her. He could sense the gray in his brother's own eyes without looking, for he was unworthy of looking into those fiery facets knowing that he had failed to appear for his brother. I'll do my best to keep him protected and safe... as best a fool can. With those words he could feel his Radish's teeth grinding together with restraint and gave a halfhearted ping of calm as if that would help.

medigel
omg Alque the guilt. XD

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 1:22 pm
< You failed her when you chose to be away, > Alquemieth hissed, pressing more and more salt into the wound. Freshly bonded go Between, Fianth deserved better in her moment of sorrow, and they both knew it. It should have been a celebration, and Bossuth ruined it because he had chosen someone who thought he was heroic. How naive. < Remind him, if he is so self righteous. You will die trying to save him unless Yours learns better. See to it, or I will. >

Oh...Shard it. Heaving a sigh, Ar’din stopped his pretend sword and forced himself to go confront the other weyrling. If he let just Alquemieth paint the picture, there’d be nothing but trouble. And while Ar’din was a man used to that, he might as well try setting the record straight. Wasn’t that what they kept drilling in these early lessons? Talking with everyone? And he had a feeling this guy would be a constant in the sea of faces, judging by what his dragonet was going to enforce. Joy of joys, considering the Hatching’s first impression between them had fallen faster than stone.

“Trying to get robbed?” he asked, catching the glint of metal.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:37 pm
A bristle of of indignation seemed to twist up the tiny bronze's back, even shadowed in the larger form of his twin he could feel it as if his bonded's anger would roll through him. It fizzled out before it became anything tangible but it left Bossuth peering down at his own feet worse than before. Would you even have been upset... if he'd died and I'd gone Between to find him? I couldn't leave him that first night. We'll learn together and get stronger.

There was only a tiny shred of hope in his voice, but underneath it was a sort of fear, that his mother would hate him forever for his transgression. That his brother would hate him forever simply for choosing his bonded, his other pair of hearts, over everything else that had happened that night. But no matter if both of them hated him, if his whole clutch hated him and bullied him for it, if his father and uncle hated him... he wouldn't change his decision even if he had to do it all over again. Though surely there would be plenty of time for something to happen again in the future, Thread was falling over Pern after all.

A grunt exited R'iz as he twisted the last stone into it's place and all but thrust it into Ar'din's chest. "No, but then I wouldn't have to worry about that here so much as in Telgar. At least here the person would answer for it." The redhead had gone with what fit Bossuth and made it just a slight bit larger. Certainly it wouldn't fit him for long, but Ar'din would probably throw it out anyway before he ever considered placing it around the larger bronze twin's headknob. "It's not exactly much, but they're twins so he deserves some things too."

Hateful he was not, but the teen could hold a grudge for as long as he wanted. Bossuth maybe was softening him just a tad, but even though they'd had one of the worse meetings on the sands given the situation, he could at least do what he could. Given that the other hand initiated speaking to him in the first place, he figured he could be helpful with trying to as well. But shards and shells if his dragon wasn't guilt tripping his twin as hard as he could, so much so that R'iz could feel it in his gut.

medigel
Forever and a day later. ;w; Life~! *Shakes fist*

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items