Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Holds & Halls
[PRP] Food Solves Most Things (Alora + Kandah)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:58 am
Getting ready to leave a port meant three things. One, Alora was in a piss poor mood as the drudge-worthy idiots she'd had to hire on began finishing preparations. Two, the Brownrider had only JUST finished oiling Rusilath, who had already gone and ruined it by perching by the water and shaking his hide around in it; and THREE, the captain of the Valeriya was hungry as hell, and ready to just shove SOMETHING in her face that wasn't WEYR FOOD. It was well known amongst the tiny group of people that had been with her Vessel more than a turn that the woman loathed weyr life, and even more, hated the people. So much distaste did she find in them that the woman CLAIMED it offset whatever she ate there. Made it all taste FOUL. The brown rumbled his amusement at her irritation, moving to rest at a slight perch on the ship that had been specifically made for him, and any other dragon when they grew tired.

Above, the beast reached gently out to Kandah. Fair warning, you have a very grumpy captain incoming. The tone of the dragon's mental brush showed just how entertained he was by the whole situation.

Alora took this time to storm through the preparations, and down in to the galley, grumbling like an angry wher the whole way. Thumping on to a random box, she sent the cook a glare, baleful and tired, gesturing widely, "Please tell me you prepared at LEAST some klah so I don't have to deal with this dimglow bunch of sharding whershit without SOMETHING on my stomach." She wasn't the nicest person to be around when she'd been weyrbound for any length of time....

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:14 pm
Kandah had been the ship's cook for the Valeriya long enough to know that Alora's moods were fickle except when it involved contact with Weyrs; then her moods became downright hostile. Between this knowledge and the warning tinged with humor from Alora's brown Rusilath (a thing he still wasn't fully used to, that mental intrusion from the big dragon), he had at least a bit of foreknowledge to work with. So when the captain of the Valeriya stormed into his galley and plunked herself down on a crate, he was prepared.

Huge grin on his big dumb face, Kandah already had a mug of freshly brewed klah poured for her. "Of course! I have anticipated your every need," he beamed, coming through the doorway separating the galley proper from the dining area with the mug. He set it down gently in front of her, then retreated back into the galley. He had food to tend to; Alora might not smell it at first, but as soon as Kandah added seasonings he knew her mouth would be watering.

"I have something special planned just for you, my Captain." The grin was still present in his voice as it wafted from the service opening to the galley. "And just for you."

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:28 pm
The Klah was quickly snatched from his hands, roiling anger almost palpable as the young woman shifted on her makeshift seat on the box. The scents of food wafted to her nostrils, and she leaned forwards on to her arms, studying the cook with a very calculating gaze. She oft was like this, very much quiet and reserved aside from the clear agitation. At least he knew her well enough to have the galley going, and to have the scent of good food flowing in. It was strange to think that one of her crew was so terribly willing to do whatever she asked of them in terms of food, but to be fair? She was careful to keep Kandah on the dim side about their other affairs. The poor Cook had no need to keep a head of their risky business.

"...Something just for me. Clever of you. And wise. The day's been absolute dragondung, and your crewmates are incompetent dud eggs." It was clear that he had quite the temper to contend with, and though his food was top notch, she was oft the difficult one to please.

tatterpixie

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff