Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] i've got your moos to keep me warm (alegriath/ingonth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:59 pm
This had been so much easier when he'd been smaller.

The irony was not lost on Ingonth, that he, a dragon just two-and-a-half months out of the egg, was pining for his bygone youth. Objectively, he recognized that he'd barely been a blip in the universe and that his best years were ahead of him and blah blah blah, but the fact remained that he had already grown taller than the sharding herdbeasts he longed to lounge with, and half of them were terrified of him as a result. He had once been a speck of blue surrounded by shaggy hides, but High Reaches dragons were simply ravenous and turnover was high and, well, herdbeasts were dumb. There. He'd never say it to their faces, but there it was. They didn't stay alive long enough to remember him, and therefore they were afraid of him.

At least he had Kettlebum.

...and I told him that I certainly didn't mind him scratching me with three instead of five, and he knows that I'm telling the truth because he can see inside my head and he still pouts. I think having fewer is more interesting, like, ooo what did he do? Did someone eat them off? Did he bite them off himself? See? Interesting! I just need to find a way to convince him of...

She'd been around for longer than he had, and through some incredible twist of fortune, she was still alive. He had proven that he would refrain from eating her by... not doing it, and she seemed to tolerate his stories in the way he imagined a really good friend might. Sometimes he wondered if she could hear him at all, but he tried not to worry about trivialities like that.

They were currently seated side by side at the far end of the pen, the rest of the herdbeasts conveniently having found somewhere else to be.

medigel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:29 pm
Two and a half months in, and she was starting to get taller! Soon she could maybe see some of them eye to eye!! And nose boop them!!! It hurt to grow that fast but that was okay!!!!

Such was Alegriath’s train of thought while Arlie was away in class, a constant, bubbling happiness that helped the anxious girl be, well, less anxious if not a bit distracted. Ale tried to tone it down just for her, channeling it instead into a cheerful hwonk as she bounced into the pens.

The results were about what you’d expect: some braying, a bit of panic, a clearing from her heading. It didn’t bother her too much that herdbeasts were constantly rotating thanks in no small part to them, as she tried to make each one have a good memory before they went. Did they even remember? Eh, they were so cute regardless that it was okay if they didn’t have brains! Who needed them when you had big eyes and long lashes and super cute babies!!

But one wasn’t moving! One was by one of her dear cousins in fact!! And so she just had to scuttle over to see what was up, this time with a trill to avoid spooking The Chosen Cutie. Cousin Ingonth! Hello! Is this a friend? she asked.

Smerdle

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:30 pm
The blue turned sharply at his cousin's little trill, his suspicion evaporating when he saw and heard who it was. Whenever he spent time with Museth he was always astounded by how unbelievably striking she was, and Alegriath was no different. Even the most spiteful white dragons would probably make excellent accessories, and Ale was as pleasant as they came. Bonus.

Yes! Hello! This is Kettlebum. He leaned in close to the herdbeast, touching his nose to the top of her head. A very good listener. Kettlebum, this is Alegriath. I don't think you've met. His eyes whirled a brighter blue in delight, a color that remained even as he moved on to more irritating topics. I find myself in need of a brainstorming partner, dear cousin. Will you join me?

medigel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:12 pm
Kettlebum! Oh, that's a wonderful name! Alegriath cooed as she drew near, slowing her bounces back down to steps to avoid startling the herdbeast. Hello, hello! I'm so very pleased to meet you! You have lovely fur. She bumped against Kettlebum's leg affectionately. One day, magical nose boop, one day!

Ingonth was next to receive a nuzzling. Watcha need to brainstorm? she asked as she did. Is it human clothes? Dragon clothes? Something sparkly?

Smerdle

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:27 pm
No, none of... He paused. Wait. Actually, one of those might work. He sat taller, positioning his front feet just so, the perfect pose for storytime.

I know you haven't had to deal with the horrors of getting old, but it stinks. A lot. I need to figure out a way to hang out with the herdbeasts again. It's fun and I don't want to give it up. He glanced at Kettlebum who was leaning sideways toward Alegriath, sniffing curiously. But you said dragon clothes! And I was thinking... maybe I can gather up some of their fur and hide and make myself a herdbeast suit! Ingonth's eyes were wide, his mouth hinged open slightly in an excited canine grin. What do you think?

medigel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:25 pm
Alegriath stared at him for a minute, wide eyed. And then her jaw began to hang open slightly as she processed the idea.

That, she said reverently, is genius.

Her mind raced over the possibilities, and as she did she began to wiggle in place. Oh my Faranth, this could work! Is yours a tailor? Mine knows how to tan leather and shave fur and stuff! I think that’s the same? I dunno, but we gotta do it, Ingonth!! We’ll be so stealthy, we can pop our heads out of the fake one and be like BOO when a dragon picks us up!

Smerdle

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:19 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

He's not! Ingonth was so enthused that even his negative replies sounded positively delighted. T'rin had been known to alter clothing in the past, but never hide-based things. And Ingonth had a feeling that, no matter how much his rider loved him, he wouldn't make him a herdbeast suit. But yeah! Tanning sounds like it would help! At the very least I could ask to use some old leathers for the time being. And rope. They probably wouldn't fool a dragon, but they'd be a start.

Full hide outfits might have to wait until we've finished growing. He hwonked once, the equivalent of a human ha! Can you imagine Cadereth's face if we were just like BWAWAWAWAWAWWAWAH! He shook his head from side to side, the motion rocking his slender body in an awkward dance. Or Alquemieth with his... Ingonth sat as still and emotionless as he could, a stark contrast to the wiggles of five seconds ago. That was not amusing. He loosened once more. Heh. Bronzes.

medigel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:04 pm
Alegriath rolled onto her side at the image and impression, she was laughing so hard. Bronzes indeed! Not that she didn't love them all the same--it was near impossible for Ale to know what disliking someone was--but they had a funny collection of shiny clutchsibs for sure. It was enough to make Arlie send a questioning thought, but the white only told her to focus on class while sending some of that infectious enthusiasm her way for good measure.

Only after a minute was she able to calm down enough to form coherent thoughts. I won't get that big anyway! she announced quite proudly as she sprung back to her paws, not caring that half of her hide now had a mishmash layer of dirt and hay. So that's less work AND we can start sooner! I could be the cub herdbeast and you can be the pop! So, we have to bribe someone or many someones for the costume, and we have to practice our herdbeast noises...

Her brow furrowed for a moment as she prepared, and then she hwonked something high pitched. More a hwank! really.

Like that? Maybe? Oh, and we'll have to make sure it smells like a real herdbeast, too. So it's like....Uh, a bunch of strips of old leather, tied together by rope, and then we...How do humans get fur into things? Mud? She had seen a fur collar at the post-Hatching feast and been fascinated up until Arlie told her that it was part of her clothes and not something humans could actually grow themselves. Bummer. She was sure Hers would have done better in the cold with a ring of fur, even if it was a little weird.

Smerdle
why are u so good <33333

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:12 pm
Kettlebum made a low sound in response to Alegriath's hwank. Ingonth couldn't be entirely sure, but it kind of sounded like concern.

Yeeeaahhh. His tone was on the scheming side of thoughtful. Like that. That's good! I'll have to get some practice in too. Not now, of course, when he might sound silly in front of another dragon, but once he'd perfected it, his cousin would be the first to witness the splendor.

He definitely agreed on the smell issue, but... Mud. The blue tried to keep his features neutral as he considered this reality. It would certainly help to mask their dragonyness as well, but even the touch of dirt that already marred Alegriath's pristine hide was making him twitchy. We can try it. I think I might ask around about other kinds of sticky stuff too though. He pushed to his feet, stretching his forelimbs out in front of him like a feline. Do you want to start now? There was no time like the present, and he was tired of sitting anyway.

medigel
the goodest is u <3<3<3

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces