Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ prp ] cold feet (arlie/alegriath + ???)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:31 pm
Arlie knew she should have been going to the party. Although no-one said as much, she thought it to be a sort of obligation, the way Lords and Ladies always had to go to functions and smile and mingle. And she had tried to go through the motions of getting ready: combed her mousy brown hair into something manageable, picked out some of the clothes the weyr had lent her for such an occasion, put them back in favor of just piling on shirts and coats until she could feel her fingers again, and then finally wrapping the long, white scarf Nyaranau had made for them around her neck and Alegriath's. It wasn't party chic, but Arlie had never been to anything like that before reaching the weyr. The Feast post-hatching had been her first, and that had been a frightening time on its own with her bond so sensitive.

She didn't have that excuse this time, but she was still afraid. Guilty. Anxious.

She paused a few steps out of the barracks, suddenly unsure. Alegriath continued a few steps more before she felt the scarf tug at her, and turned around to tilt her head. Forgot something?

"No, j-j-just..." Arlie shivered as the wind picked up.

How could she go to a party without her sister? How could she even think of having fun when Haveli had gone through something traumatic and come out worse on the other side? Would everyone else even notice if she didn't go? Maybe she should just stay in the barracks...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:25 pm
Parties really weren't Tahirah's things. They were extremely too loud with too many people in one spot. The weyr had been a hard adjustment to her, when she had first arrived for candidacy. It had taken time to get used to, finding quieter placed to go to, spending her time with the runners. It wouldn't be that different now, she would have rather preferred to stay in the barracks and just, sit but...well Taoloth was determined that they make an appearance.

It does not have to be for long mine. His voice was a purr inside of her mind, coaxing and comforting at the same time. She knew he was trying to manipulate her into going while also trying to get her to feel comfortable. She'd have to get use to being around more and more people, to face the things that made her nervous or anxious.

"Alright. I suppose it won't hurt to go and get some food." Her words had the little brown lightly press into her side and she couldn't help but smile, placing a hand onto his head and stroking his head knobs. She was still in disbelief she had impressed the dragon beside her.

Her long brown hair was pulled back and Tahirah didn't dress up as nicely as she had on the Hatch day. She wore trousers and a nice shirt with a coat over it, to keep her warm but that was about it. Around her wrist was a cord that was wrapped around multiple times with a smooth black rock upon it, with a deep groove in it, a gift that had been given to Taoloth by his sibling. The brown had insisted that his rider turn it into an accessory, telling her that it might help to soothe her anxieties, rubbing her thumb across the smooth stone did help, when she was nervous.

The pair was just getting ready to leave the barracks with Taoloth noticed his white sibling, the one who had given the gift. He let out a croon to the white and moved towards her while Tahirah walked behind, a bit slowly.

Alegriath, sister dear. Are you and yours going to the feast tonight for Turn's End?

Tahirah neared Arlie, noticing how the girl seemed tense and uncertain. "Arlie, are you alright? Do you need a warmer jacket? I might have something."

medigel

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:14 pm
Alegriath had turned to stand on her haunches and deliver her magical nose booping to Arlie when they were visited. Eyes bright blue, she chirped a greeting. Brother Tao! We were thinking about it! she replied. I'd like to see everyone in their fancy clothes. But if Mine doesn't want to go, it's okay, because we'll see everyone anyway in class! She sent her assurances to Arlie, who still looked uncertain, and went back on all fours to go greet her brother personally.

"Sorry," the girl said reflexively at the offer, paling at her assumed inconvenience. "U-Um. I have...two on..." Although on her thin frame, Arlie could probably wear a third and look comfortable. "I just...d-d-don't know anyone..."

Which wasn't really fair, because she did know her weyrling class and a few people outside of that, but still. Haveli loomed over her like a passive aggressive ghost. Go on, have fun. You didn't need me anyway, huh? She shivered.

BastetAmun
btw don't forget to add "" around the name when quoting! : D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:24 am
Taoloth sent out a reassuring croon to his white sister as Alegriath spoke to him and then moved nearer. He lightly nuzzled the white as his eyes whirled a happy blue. My Tahirah does not care for these gatherings either. She would much prefer to stay in the barracks. I at least want her to try and venture out to get food, if nothing else.

Tahirah's eyes watched Arlie and she shook her head, smiling softly at her. "It's fine. I know the winters here can be hard to get used to." She hadn't had much contact with Arlie while the two of them had been candidate's but she did remember seeing her with another female quite a lot.

"Well, if you want to go, I wouldn't mind going with you. The crowds are normally bigger then I care for. I can understand being hesitant."

medigel
Sorry. I thought I had put them. ^^;

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:51 am
She hadn’t even thought of the food! Oh man! Are you gonna eat a whole table of food? Alegriath joked, now rising on her haunches to nuzzle and nose boop the brown. They were all getting so big already! She might have lamented not joining them, but she liked to think of it this way: it meant she was cuddle sized FOREVER, which was perfect for HerArlie. Is Brother Cad and Sister Sae? You should have an eating contest! For no other reason than to see her bronze sibling, red eyed and domineering, snapping at chunks of meat like he meant business. It sounded funny!

Arlie made a series of uncertain sounds as she wound the length of white scarf Alegriath had worn around her arm and off the ground. “Um...Maybe for a little...”

Haveli wouldn’t want you to be alone and sad, right? Ale pointed out.

That was the thing. Arlie didn’t know.

I don’t think she would. Let’s go for a little bit, and then we can go see her!

Hesitating a little more, Arlie then approached Tahirah with vague resolution. “O-Okay. But you don’t have to stay with me if you don’t want to,” she half said, half mumbled.

BastetAmun
all good!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:28 pm
Taoloth could not help but chuckle at Alegriath's words, loving purple flecking his eyes as he gazed at his white sister. I plan to eat, though I do not believe I would eat that much. He nuzzled her back and gently nudged her some, glancing back at hers and his as they spoke. I doubt that Caderath would have an eating contest. Though the idea of it did amuse him, perhaps he could talk the bronze into it, though he doubted that as well.

Watching the brown and white, Tahirah couldn't help but smile softly before her attention went back to Arlie. She wanted to ask if there was more bothering her, if she could do something to help but, she held her tongue and just smiled at her.

"I really don't mind. I haven't really made many friends here, haven't talked to anyone much aside from Rune and we had gotten close before we impressed." As if seeming to remember that she had never actually been officially introduced to the girl before her, Tahirah held her hand out and smiled. "I'm Tahirah by the way, course you probably know that but...well...introducing yourself just...seems important." Now she felt a little nervous and anxious, hoping she had done that right, maybe it was stupid to reintroduce yourself to someone you had already been living around for a couple of months.

"So...shall we go to the feast?" Maybe food would keep any anxiety away...

medigel
Sorry this took so long.

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:55 pm
Hmmmmmmmm. Ale pondered, tilting her head this way and that as if trying to listen for something. Is he a contest-y sort? He won’t play games I bet because he doesn’t like the ones we make, which means we have to be clever and find the right one, right?

At this rate, the girls would feedback loop their anxiety. Arlie didn’t seem too confident with Tahirah’s response, though she did long to settle down enough to try and be friends. Their class was so big, it was easy to get swallowed up in it all; she still had trouble remembering everyone’s names. On top of that, Arlie sometimes found herself the subject of what she was sure were pity conversations with fellow weyrlings, as she looked like a ragged doll given life without a thorough clean and a better sleep schedule. But as Alegriath reminded her gently, encouragingly: just going for a little while couldn’t hurt, right?

Bobbing her head, Arlie offered her hand, hoping it was okay to do so. Was it still childish? She was so used to clinging to Haveli, and it had worked with Mr. Gru, and even her dragon liked to let her hold her tail...It was then that Arlie noticed the stone around Tahirah’s wrist. “Oh, that’s—“

The gift! Alegriath trilled, bouncing in place as she turned to them. Oh! Oh, you like it? You like it! Oh, I’m so glad!! I didn’t even think about making it fashion pretty like that! Oh, she’s very smart, just like you!!

BastetAmun

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff