Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Prayer Request

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Vizsla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:12 am
This may seem odd but I am struggling with depression & doubt & would appreciate prayers from the members of this guild. It is quite a spiritual battle. Thank you to everyone.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:01 pm
I will definitely keep you in my prayers. I've had depression for years, and it's not fun. ^^;; Feel free to pm me if you ever want to talk.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

Lindpen

Smitten Pumpkin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:31 pm
I'll be praying. I've dealt with both these things, and both quite recently. When I told my grandmother about my doubt and asked for prayer, God gave her this Scripture to give me: "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." -Philippians 1:6

I don't know the source of your doubt, but if it's similar to what mine was, this page helped me as well: https://www.gotquestions.org/doubting-Thomas.html

Also, that page I just linked includes Philippians 1:6! That verse popped up for me several times in different places.

God bless!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:07 am
Lindpen
I'll be praying. I've dealt with both these things, and both quite recently. When I told my grandmother about my doubt and asked for prayer, God gave her this Scripture to give me: "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." -Philippians 1:6

I don't know the source of your doubt, but if it's similar to what mine was, this page helped me as well: https://www.gotquestions.org/doubting-Thomas.html

Also, that page I just linked includes Philippians 1:6! That verse popped up for me several times in different places.

God bless!

Thank you very much. I think I've been doing too much science for too long. Things started getting to me. I started questioning whether God really made us which was the source of my depression. The source of my doubt was really origins but I have been feeding my soul with Scripture daily & remembering to rebuke the devil daily. God has been giving me little pieces of hope during the day so I have been resting in His promises. I will check the page you posted.  

Lady Vizsla

Lindpen

Smitten Pumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:27 pm
Lady Aryel
Lindpen

God bless!

Thank you very much. I think I've been doing too much science for too long. Things started getting to me. I started questioning whether God really made us which was the source of my depression. The source of my doubt was really origins but I have been feeding my soul with Scripture daily & remembering to rebuke the devil daily. God has been giving me little pieces of hope during the day so I have been resting in His promises. I will check the page you posted.

It's great that you're still praying and reading the Word! You are seeking Him. This verse has helped me as well: "Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you" -Psalm 9:10 You are seeking Him and He will not forsake you.

I wrestled with doubt like I never had before for months last year, and God gave me glimmers of hope as He has given you. I put in a prayer request at my church when I was struggling, and also one of the prayer leaders said a prayer with me. He told me to read Psalms, and I did. I was also praying a verse and the prayer leader also told me to: "Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”" -Mark 9:24

Don't be afraid to ask for prayer, either. I felt embarrassed and guilty at first, but many people go through periods of doubt, and my church wasn't condemning or judgmental. They told me that God can handle our doubts. Keep praying and reading and seeking. I'll keep you in my prayers, and if you'd ever like to talk or anything, let me know. God bless!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:55 pm
Lindpen
Lady Aryel
Lindpen

God bless!

It's great that you're still praying and reading the Word! You are seeking Him. This verse has helped me as well: "Those who know your name trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you" -Psalm 9:10 You are seeking Him and He will not forsake you.

I wrestled with doubt like I never had before for months last year, and God gave me glimmers of hope as He has given you. I put in a prayer request at my church when I was struggling, and also one of the prayer leaders said a prayer with me. He told me to read Psalms, and I did. I was also praying a verse and the prayer leader also told me to: "Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”" -Mark 9:24

Don't be afraid to ask for prayer, either. I felt embarrassed and guilty at first, but many people go through periods of doubt, and my church wasn't condemning or judgmental. They told me that God can handle our doubts. Keep praying and reading and seeking. I'll keep you in my prayers, and if you'd ever like to talk or anything, let me know. God bless!

I never have dealt with doubt like this before. It's been so depressing & it was compounded when I was studying veterinary medicine. I've been struggling with evolution for a while & it's like I know that life is too complex at the simplest levels to be an accident but at the same time my brain reverts to when they teach us human beings as primates in school. And I know it's just a word but it bothers me that we have similarities like them.

I've been in this kind of see-saw situation where I am focusing on the spiritual but at the same time my mind shuts me down & I start thinking what if evolution is more credible than Genesis. I know I cannot rely on man's ideas of origins because it's weak and on shifting sand but it should not be bringing me down this much. I know if Jesus is risen, it validates the rest of Scripture even if I am struggling with the concept of sin.

Please keep praying for me! My supposed intellect keeps getting in the way & I want to have that spiritual confidence I had before. I've been terribly dismal and miserable. It's like I want to believe but I am always wondering if I'm wrong :/ I know it's because I got too invested in the creation/evolution issue too that things started playing on my mind.  

Lady Vizsla

Lindpen

Smitten Pumpkin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:06 pm
Lady Aryel
Lindpen
Lady Aryel
Lindpen

God bless!

I never have dealt with doubt like this before. It's been so depressing & it was compounded when I was studying veterinary medicine. I've been struggling with evolution for a while & it's like I know that life is too complex at the simplest levels to be an accident but at the same time my brain reverts to when they teach us human beings as primates in school. And I know it's just a word but it bothers me that we have similarities like them.

I've been in this kind of see-saw situation where I am focusing on the spiritual but at the same time my mind shuts me down & I start thinking what if evolution is more credible than Genesis. I know I cannot rely on man's ideas of origins because it's weak and on shifting sand but it should not be bringing me down this much. I know if Jesus is risen, it validates the rest of Scripture even if I am struggling with the concept of sin.

Please keep praying for me! My supposed intellect keeps getting in the way & I want to have that spiritual confidence I had before. I've been terribly dismal and miserable. It's like I want to believe but I am always wondering if I'm wrong :/ I know it's because I got too invested in the creation/evolution issue too that things started playing on my mind.

I know what you mean about the see-sawing and I've struggled with evolution, too. Like you said, it all comes back to Jesus, and He is the Word. I cling to that.

Last year, I took a geography course and the professor talked about the supposed formation and development of the Earth, etc. and I think that contributed to my doubt. But I continued to pray fervently and had glimpses here and there of hope. I'm not 100% out of it, but I'm clinging to Jesus and my experiences.

Another verse my grandmother gave me one day: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;" -Proverbs 3:5

I'll continue to pray for you. heart God bless!  
The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games