Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:02 am
Quote:
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Weyrling of Gold Mictecath

“When did you get so tall?” Nyara stared up at her beautiful dragon, stretching up on tiptoes to touch her soft hide. Mictecath gave a musical croon, lowering her head to nuzzle her rider’s face. With a soft whuff of air, curls bouncing about her head, Nyara laughed and petted the Queen’s muzzle.

I suppose that is the way of it. How come you have not grown?

“I think I’ve finished my growth spurt. This is it for me.” Nyara answered, still laughing as she stroked that soft, wondrous hide. It was a familiar smell- but somehow it was more perfect when it was Mic’s.

The dragon stretched her wings, giving them a little shake as she inspected the tips. Yes, they had grown too. “Well, go on then, my dearest. Go for a swim, and I’ll wash you when you’re ready.” They had time enough to spare for a swim. Nyara considered joining her- at least, wading out into the shallows of the lake… but for a moment, there was something priceless and beautiful in watching the elegant, gaunt lady of bones march into the cool waters of High Reaches.

How life had changed. Though it had almost been four months since her Impression, her life was completely different. Entirely new. She reached across their bond, wrapping herself around the dragon’s strong and comforting mental presence. Equals. Friends. Beyond friends, Nyara supposed.

Inseparable. Our hearts cannot exist without the other. Mictecath gave a small croon, eyes turning purple as she floated on the lake waters.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:52 am
Sweet Symmetry

They had been meaning to meet both of the Golden children, though Zenobiath had been rather curious about Mictecath in the initial moments. The gold was such an unusual hue, and both of them had seemed so sweet. It was why, when the Gold had noticed that the little one had gone for the lake, she'd proded Alumet in to waking, and in to getting her straps on. The Rider didn't bother with more than perhaps a fitted shirt and breeches, tightening the straps only enough to get them there. The large golden dragon took off with elegance and poise, circling the lake a few times before reaching out in gentle warmth to both Mic and Nyara.

My dears,I do hope you do not mind company. Slowly, the Queen landed, her large bulk hardly a hinderance. In their training as weyrlings, what felt like ages ago, Zenobiath had fancied herself the pinnacle of grace and beauty, and still did to this day. Once down, Alumet dismounted and removed straps. headding over to Nyara as the Gold moved to watch Mictecath. "Nyaranau, right? Alumet of Gold Zenobiath. We've been meaning to meet you since the hatching, but as you're learning." A smile and a laugh came from her, "A Goldrider's work is never done, even if we're the lower of the lot."

Zeno, on the other hand, was wholly focused on the smaller gold, her eyes purple and blue, wedge head dipping slightly to the water's surface. She would not come in....yet, Look at you. Such growth and grace. You are coming in to your own in such a lovely fashion.['/i]  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:19 am
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Mictecath’s head lifted, eyes tracing the sky as a shadow passed overhead. Nyara watched her a moment longer, then followed her gaze, smiling growing as she recognised Zenobiath. There had been introductions in their first month, although she had not had much opportunity to interact with Alumet on a personal level. It was never bad to properly make another rider’s acquaintance- especially one with whom she might one day share a Wing.

It seemed as though they had the same idea, and Nyara grinned in her usual cheerful way. “That’s me. Most folk call me Nyara- I’ve been told Nyaranau is a bit of a mouthful.” She lifted her hand in greeting, inclining her head towards the goldpair. As Alumet joked of their fate, Nyaranau’s grin grew. “That seems to be the way of it. I suspect they give us this extra work so we won’t rebel, and launch some non-stop Gather in protest.” Her humour was odd to say the least.

Mictecath bugled in greeting, a melodious sound that conveyed affection in its pitch. Why, dear Zenobiath, you look resplendent this morning. Instead of continuing to swim, she began a slow return to the beach, eager to greet the Queen with something more than flattery. It is kind of you to say. If I am half as graceful as you are when I am fully grown, then I will be very pleased indeed. Of course, she was a dancer born, and one day her wings would prove that… but for now, it was an inspiration to watch Zeno fly.

As she neared the shore, Nyara picked up the pail, her grin becoming an easy-going, effervescent smile. “You’re up so early, Alumet. I hope it’s not because you miss your weyrling days.” Nyara watched as Mictecath, in all of her lanky, gaunt grace, made it to the shoreline and immediately pressed her head against Zenobiath’s leg in a form of affectionate greeting. It was strange to see the half-grown dragon against her much larger kin- and Nyara was taken-aback for a slight moment at the sheer size difference. “She still has so much growing to do…” Came the muttered words, drawn out against her will.

There would be so much dragon to oil. Shards.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:52 am
Alumet smiled at the other's cheer and energy. It would serve her well in its own way, and that, the blonde was glad for. She was no longer the youngest Junior Weyrwoman, and a part of her hoped that she could offer some kind of peace or wisdom to the new arrivals. Watching their Golds, she couldn't help but smile. Beautiful creatures, both, and Mictecath was such a strange hue, and so beautiful for it. How stunningly unusual. "I've often wondered, but I never minded the busy work. I personally liked the fact that they kept me learning everything. It was wonderful." Shrugging, she shifted again, laughing happily at Nyara's next statement.

"No. I'm up this early because my beloved wanted so dearly to meet Yours. She could not help herself. It doesn't trouble me at all. " The comment about Mictecath's growth got a wider smile still, eyes warming as she looked over her large Gold, "Yes...You'll have a lot of dragon to care for, but most of the time, it's not such a chore. It can be relaxing if your dragon is willing to move with you. Zeno was for me."

Such a lovely voice. The dragon crooned warmly to Mictecath, leaning her head down to gently nuzzle the small one. Faranth, it was wonderful to see how small she was...it made her feel so wistful, loving. Some day, she would have little ones like this, I've no doubt that your poise might well exceed my own. Look at you, little one, you are built to move with the utmost grace. Her body settled happily, laying down and carefully situating herself so that the smaller Gold would have a comfortable place.

Sweet Symmetry

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers