Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Satanic prayer hotline started as joke receives multiple

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:57 am
calls asking for prayer
By Brandon Showalter, CP Reporter

A "Satanic prayer" hotline that was set up in Washington state as somewhat of a joke is being inundated with lots of calls.

Local intercessors, however, insist it's better to stay focused on what God is doing, not what the devil is doing.

In an episode of NPR's "This American Life" radio program, host Ira Glass recounted the activity of The Satanic Missionary Society, where, like Christian prayer hotlines, callers can phone in and leave voicemail messages requesting prayer.

The satanic prayer hotline, hosted on a blog, was launched by a man in Olympia, Washington, named Chris Allert, who doesn't believe in God or Satan. Annoyed by Christians who wouldn't stop evangelizing, he began the prayer line out of curiosity to see who would call. He soon found out people were taking prayers to Satan really seriously and wasn't sure what to do with that, Glass explained.

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:18 pm
I was raised as an atheist (it was still the days of the Soviet bloc, my dad's family was behind the iron curtain, and my mother's had been secular for a long time). When I became an adult, of course, I sought out secular friends. There were several times that I made friends with folks who presented as atheists but I would go over to their homes and in the corner would be a pagan altar. And another "atheist" friend -- after about a year of knowing them, confessed to being a Satanist.

So I am not one bit surprised by this.  

Silvyee

Excitable Strawberry

Prophet of Holy Fire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:17 am
2016 The elder Prophets said that there would be more of release of demonic activity-

Also a lot more people have forgotten and or never was taught about the truth of Jesus Christ  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games