User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There are three things that man values greatly.

They have a high value in the world economic system.

Silver. 1kg = About $960.
Gold. 1kg = About $51,800.
Rubies. 1kg = About $75,000,000. (Good size, clarity, quality).

Imagine what you could do with 1kg of rubies.

In 2008, a friend sent me a message that simply said, “Psalm 19:9-10”.

The verses read: “The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the Lord are sure and altogether righteous. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold.” As a result, I began to search the Scriptures to establish the true value of God’s Word.

I discovered that wisdom is the most valuable thing on Earth. Proverbs 3: 13-15. “Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her.”

Proverbs 8:10-11. “Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her.”

For guys who have a wife, take note of Proverbs 31:10. “A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.” Now, if 1kg of rubies are worth $75,000,000, then a wife of noble character is worth…

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Where can wisdom be found? Job 28 – The whole chapter discusses where wisdom, understanding and knowledge can be found. The conclusion in verse 28 says, “And he said to man, ‘The fear of the Lord – that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding’.”

How can you get wisdom? The “IF … THEN” rule applies; IF you do this, THEN you get that. Proverbs 2:1-6. “My son, IF you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and IF you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and IF you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, THEN you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.”

George Mueller recommended the careful and consecutive study of the Holy Scriptures. He was in the habit of reading from both the Old Testament, and the New Testament, each day. He would read the entire Bible several times each year.

There is great value in carefully and prayerfully reading through Scripture, and allowing the Holy Spirit to guide us into all Truth. As we spend time studying and contemplating a particular passage of Scripture, we often encounter deeper levels of insight. As an example, read Proverbs 5:1-6.

At first reading, the main and plain meaning is a warning against being seduced by the adulteress. As you ponder the verses, and compare them with other verses found in Proverbs chapters 1-9, it becomes apparent that there is also a warning against being seduced by the world and its ways (selfish ambition, materialism, love of money).

Further reflection may suggest a warning against allowing the ways of the world into our church practices. Even further, the verses are warning against being enticed by the attractions of sin itself.

Proverbs 4:7 says that, “Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.”