God is always there for us, ready to offer us help when we call on Him.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was at a crossroads. My husband and I had recently gone through a painful separation from a ministry we had both worked for and my heart was shattered. Thankfully, soon after in a favorable turn of events, we were literally “carried away” from Dallas to Houston, Texas—which under normal circumstances would have been the last place on earth I wanted to be, especially with our two elementary-age children in tow. Regardless, I told myself when we arrived, “Humid Houston” is our new home.

Disappointed and discouraged about the whole church thing, it took time for me to admit that when the rubber hit the road, I was mad at God. It crystalized in my mind about a year after relocating when I realized that I hadn’t attended a single church service, and what’s more, I didn’t care. I had hit a ceiling spiritually and was running from God. But thankfully, He never gave up on me. In fact, in spite of my indifference, God never stopped stirring my heart.

It seemed almost odd to me when I found myself stealing a few moments here or there to read my Bible or pray…and wouldn’t you know, that was God beginning to restore me. My spirit, which had been numb for so long, literally started coming back to life. The more I revived, the more I was humbled by God’s kindness, especially when I considered how far off His path I had actually wandered.

Then one day during what I now understand was my “moment of IncepSpiration” I heard myself say: “Lord…if there’s more, show me.”

Almost immediately, God began opening doors of insight and revelation. Not long after, He inspired me in a dream to create and start keeping a journal. I got right on it and purchased a notebook, loose leaf paper and dividers, and began journaling the next day. Interestingly, beyond writing about what God was doing in my heart at that moment, I was compelled to go back, list, and then document, all the milestone moments of IncepSpiration God had given me in the past.

Yes, that’s your moment of IncepSpiration! You see, an inception is a new beginning, and to be inspired is to be filled with influence that lifts, stirs, and revs you up! When God inspires you, it doesn’t matter how badly you’ve been hurt or how low you may once have fallen…you’re coming back to life; out of brokenness.

When He inspires you, you might think you’re not ready for it. That’s the moment, in spite of any doubts or fears that try to convince you otherwise, you can receive God’s peace, follow His promptings, and take action on what He’s showing you. Then He takes care of the rest. His path for you unfolds, just like it did for me. He faithfully leads and restores you.

Are you at a crossroads, or are you on the Path of Inspiration God has for you? Can you think back and identify your milestone moments of IncepSpiration? If so, did you act on what the Lord revealed to you each time? If so, there’s no doubt that you’ve come a long way in your journey. But if not, don’t give up hope! You can always respond to the Lord and get back on the path He has for you. Whether your unique path leads to writing books, getting married, attending college, building a business, going into ministry, or otherwise, it begins at your moment of IncepSpiration. It keeps unfolding as you respond to Him, taking each step forward.

“…I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.” (Philippians 1:6)