Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Trouble Brews Cold (Rune/Sae + L'shir/Macleith)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:03 am
medigel

Bitter anger was harbored deep in her heart, and for this moment, it was almost for the smug little Green beside her. She'd been doing so well, kept her nose out of trouble, and been good. She'd been doing her foster mother PROUD, and then next thing she SHARDING well knew, something had happened. Rune hadn't meant to get angry, but some sharding person in her class had decided to pick at her a little bit. Just a little, nothing warranting the reaction it had gotten...and then Saevath had POKED. The little Green seemed good at that, poking at her own hidden cracks, telling her she was in the right, that sometimes these things needed further action. One thing led to another, led to a fight. That was why she'd been called to see the new L'shir, and she wasn't all that happy with it. Sure, she wasn't going to blame her dragon. They understood themselves all too well, and each other.

You and I, we know each other. You were bitter about it, my love, and it is not my fault that I knew how to show you what you wanted. You know well that the brown and his rider decided to be idiots~. The girl sighed quietly, and looked down at those glimmering red eyes, "...Look, I'm not mad at you, I just....Shouldn't we be sorry? I feel like literal wher-dung for this." It didn't help that she had a thick bruise on her cheek, inching up towards her eye, and a slight cut on her lip from where it had split. Sure, she'd deserved it.

Shh. We won't get in that much trouble. You used to do this all the time. Besides~ It was FUN.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:15 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

The idea that they wouldn’t get in much trouble wouldn’t last long. The walk to L’shir’s office was tempered by a subtle pressure on both of their minds, identifiable as the ‘second’s bronze Macleith watching their approach, even as his physical presence remained outside the corner office his rider was snuggled into. There were no words - and there usually weren’t anyway, with this dragon - only the impression of a looming, strong wall that seemed to enclose, to isolate the pair in its shadow. It wasn’t one that young Saevath would find weaknesses in so easily.

Inside, L’shir heaved a sigh, mentally thanking his partner for the alert as he tried to shuffle his papers around. With the Tea clutch now almost ready to fight with the rest, the transfer of attention between clutches was beginning. On top of that, there was Ashlyn’s pregnancy fast approaching its date, the residual fallout with Western still faffling about, and now this. Faranth, this indeed.

“Come in,” the man said, a second or so before Rune reached the door. “Take a seat, Rune.”

The room was small and sparse in decoration, but it had two wooden chairs set across from his desk and what seemed like several trinkets made by children sitting either on a free corner of his desk or pinned to the wall. The wind blew through the open window, adding an extra chill to what would be a serious discussion. He would have normally offered her warm tea, but not today. There was a frown etched on the weyrlingmaster second’s face, though it wasn’t in anger. Perhaps worse, it was from disappointment.  

medigel

Anxious Spirit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:57 am
medigel

Guilt thrummed in her chest the moment she felt Macleith's presence in her mind. It was heaving, pressing down on her as Saevath's anger began to flare. The little green did not like to feel walls around her, and less when it felt as though it might DARE judge her. There was only one that could do that, and it certainly wasn't this oversized wherry. The Green sauntered in with all the grace and airs of a Queen, glaring at Macleith with red whirling eyes. Rune rested a hand on that head as she slowly moved to settle slightly in to the seat gestured for her.

The last thing she wanted was for him to think her proud of what'd happened. Fingers folded in her lap as Saevath seemed all but contented with her own actions, wings mantling to cover her. The human's eyes moved around, before she looked back to L'shir with a tiny sigh, "Yes sir." No words agaisnt the look, no words in her own defense, "Please....Just tell me what my punishment is. I know I have a standing history of fights, and I know that lenience will probably be less now that I'm a Weryling. Whatever happens, I deserve it." She was resgined to her fate in this case, though Saevath offered her rider a sense of indignance and a mental scoff, We did nothing wrong at all. The man was an irritating fly, and his mouth wouldn't shut. Mine did what she must. For in Saevath's eyes, Rune could do no wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:26 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

L’shir laced his fingers together atop his desk. Straight to the point? Very well.

“You will spend the next two sevendays without free time,” he began, not seeming to need to blink as he caught her eyes. “You will instead spend it doing latrine duty, Rune, along with whatever other equally necessary and backbreaking tasks that may come up. Neither you nor Saevath will raise objection to this during said period, or I will take your breakday as well. If another fight breaks out again, you will serve another two sevendays of the same. Again, and we will have to consider barring either of you from joining your clutchmates when it comes to flight lessons until you learn control for another two sevendays. This is to say nothing of whether it will reflect on your record and how you as a pair are viewed by your weyr.”

In short: there was no ceiling to how far the punishments could go if they kept it up.

The normally polite ‘second looked closer to the steel and stone visage that was V’mel in that moment. L’shir, at least, kept his tone level, much as he felt Macleith’s quiet anger at the blatant shrug about rules.

The man exhaled a short sigh through his nose. “Saevath,” he asked, turning to the green, “tell me, what do you think of Yours? Because as it stands to me, it seems you have a low opinion of her, to drive her to lash out like it’s a game.”  

medigel

Anxious Spirit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:37 am
Honestly, she didn't flinch at the punishment. Internally, sure, she was upset and anxious. Saevath's assurance and love helped to soothe that, though there were sharp little barbs in that love. Once L'shir had finished telling her what she must hear, the girl looked up to him, "Yes sir. I accept it. I made a mistake and let my emotions get the better of me." You made no mistake, Mine. Again with that. She had to wonder as to the way her Green thought sometimes, even if she could understand every single feeling that ran through that warm-eyed weyrling's mind. A breath came from her as the other looked to the Green, knowing well what was coming.

Please be kind, little one...Don't be... And yet the lithe creature drew herself up to a regal seat, watching L'shir with red eyes. Displeasure radiated from every sense of her mind, and when he spoke, she parted her maw to bare sharp fangs. Her claws scraped the floor of the weyr as she spoke, a not-so-subtle intimidation tactic Perfection. She is honest, and understands when the needs must meet the end. Violence is sometimes necessary, and when people are fools? Sometimes you must cut them to size. Mine knows this, and is second only perhaps to my brother. For she had a twisted sense of love and pride in her bronze brother, I think the punishment is silly. Hardly deserved when we only stood up for ourselves~

"Saevath...Please, just let it go."

medigel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:59 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

L’shir glanced at the stone Saevath scraped at, and then back at her bared teeth and red eyes. “Then you must think me a fool,” he said, without particular inflection. “Your teacher V’mel and his assistants, fools. Your lack of respect for what we’ve been teaching is evidence enough.”

Perhaps it felt colder because of the breeze that snaked through the windows. He weighed a hand down on the papers atop his desk without thinking.

“Consequences seem to be something you don’t understand, Saevath, as I had warned you not ten seconds before to accept what was given. Your words mean that both break days are gone for Rune while she serves her time.”

He moved a book atop the papers, and its shadow wavered on the wall behind him by candlelight. It grew darker faster in the mountains when winter was in full force. Even now as the sun was setting, it was hard to see his own dragon just beyond the office wall, a mere metallic glinting form watching them.

“Rune.” L’shir seemed older than his age as he turned to her, but gentler. “You’re right in that a rider needs to be able to handle themselves professionally, whatever circumstances arise. But can you see the other problem we are facing even now?”  

medigel

Anxious Spirit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:14 am
The Green's laughter at his response was high and cold, like a cackle that was far too amused. It was clear she cared little that break days were gone, and that L'shir's words only entertained the Green. There were only two creatures who could chastise the mad little Green, and this man was not one of them. The emotions coming from Hers, however, got a pause. No. Why was she so distraught over this? It hardly mattered what a little worm like this man thought of them, and she sent all the reassurance to Rune, trying to make it better. Even Macleith's glimmering hide could not distract the Green from her intent. Even now, she was dragging herself up Rune's lap, ignoring the winces from the woman. Pain wasn't important. Just her Rider's wellbeing.

"Yes sir....I understand that Savath's attitude can be a problem, and I'm trying my best to help curb it, but she's...pretty set in her ways. I'm not sure what to do, nor how to help. Any time I try to correct her, she assures me that it's how it should be. I think she really only cares to listen to Cadereth, and she can be kind of...obsessive. She hangs on his every word." And tried to manipulate the Gold, and cozy up to Sliandrith and her brown brothers in the cadre of her little clique of dragons. Though her eyes were all for little Cythereath in a sense that Rune understood, though her Green didn't yet. She really was lost on how to handle it...."I know it'll be good for when we're in the air and fighting Thread, and she has an outlet for that sadistic streak, but..."

medigel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff