Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PRP] In my life like a Hurricane (SapphirexChevy) [FINISHED Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:50 pm
Okay, normal day. Deep breaths Sapphire, deep breaths!

Muscles on her back started to bunch and pull ever so slightly. Warning signs of trouble! Tip-tapping in place for several long breaths, one young faun fought desperately to pull back from the edge. She ran her hand along the scarf tied at her waist. The accessory mimicked the tails her family had, such long flowing features. For reasons beyond her understanding, she didn't have such a gift. In its stead, various fashions of sashes played the role of that distinctive tail.

Beyond the touch of vanity, her sash doubled as a quick way to restrain her wings when they were particularly uppity. It also soothed her, the fabric smelled of apples, of home.

Speaking of home, hers was just beyond view of the nature framed by the Tree. If she could just get there her family would keep her grounded. Only, that was a lot of open space between there and here. So much open air--oh no.

Visualizing the sky sent her brain into free spinning. Full freak-out mode allowed her naughty wings to open without her notice. One than two sharp flaps and the hapless faun was airborne. Fighting against her wings rather than fighting to control them sent her in to three barrel rolls left the two more right before she started going up.

With her heart pounding, Sapphire tried to command them to let her down. Her wings seemed to take that literally and at a sharp downward angel, one faun going down!

Between the battle of the wings was the battle to keep her eyes open when all she wanted to do was shut them. That battle was won just as cruel as her wing battle, all two seconds for her see white, pastel purples and one very solid body before she made contact with forward momentum meeting a standing object. There was a yelp before contact but hardly in time for a worthwhile warning.

Battle number three, newton laws.

Fea Line
"how did you meet?" "I kinda bumped into him" understatement of the decade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:07 pm
Since the disappearance, or at least lack of visitation (and not for a lack of trying) of Olea, Chevy had been going about his life as per normal for him. Feelings he didn't understand had welled up inside him that had caused him to really take a step back and meditate. Had he upset her somehow to the point that she had just up and moved, never wanting to see him again? The peculiar faun had no answers and so his answer to having no answers was to work harder than he ever had before to get his mind back on track.

Thus he had perfected his patrolling routs with his brother, training alongside his father as well as with the other tree guard to strengthen both his body and his mind. Chevalier was truly the epitome of 'All work and no play'.

Such was the occasion he found himself in today, as he did every other day. Coming to the end of his patrol route, Chevy stopped to stand guard by this last sub-section of peaceful housing when a commotion outside the window caught his attention. Strolling closer, Chevy barley had time to process what was happening when a brightly speckled pegasus crashed into him hard, sending both himself and herself sliding across the floor until they came to a rather uncanny and ungraceful stop.

Taking several moments to collect himself, Chevy remained sprawled on the floor, the figure of the pegasus (unknown yet that she was simply a fauness with wings) drooped over top him. When his vision finally stopped spinning, Chevy put his arms gently on the female's shoulders and began to slowly sit the pair of them up, his concern for her well-being taking precedence over his own. "Are you alright M'lady?" he attempted to ask softly, though expected no quick answer from her just yet, however much he hoped she was alright. "Don't move too hastily, you could be injured." he then prompted, ignoring his own pounding head and what would be an incredibly sore back and shoulder tomorrow.

EvilSilverDragon
That legit made me laugh out loud XD

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:30 pm
Ow, ow, ow!

Traitorous wings laid splayed out on either side deceptively still. That was nice, they weren't pulling at her and she wasn't being kidnapped by them again. All that was left to do was even out her breathing and get back up. Turns out that was harder than she thought, felt like the ground was breathing. Silly Sapphire, ground doesn't breathe. Rhythm was easy enough to match, calming even. If only her heart could stop beating like it was still trying to catch up with her wings. So strange that the pounding of her heart in her ears was at a different pace than the one in her chest.

Ground breathing...heartbeat in her ears different than! Instantly the whole world crashed back into her and her green eyes shot open.

Face to very close face with a stallion practically caused her heart to drop into her hooves. Only this arms on her shoulders kept her from over correcting and falling back the other direction.

Ramp up the embarrassment why don't you Sapphire!

Turning several shades red, the pale fauness never looked so much like her father as she did in that moment. Jaw ever slightly unhinged--oh what shame she would cause her mother to see this display-- Words utterly and completely failed.

Trying several more times to get something out, finally the only thing that made sense happened. "My..my wings don't listen. I am Sapphire Rose." No, no she was not, Sapphire get it together!

Trying to fight off the flush of embarrassment, she looked at her wings. Currently one was laying low and the other was half crocked folded towards herself before laying back innocently. They were trying to actively kill her between gravity and embarrassment they just might win this time.

Okay, you can do this! Looking back but not quite able to meet his eye she started again, "I am Sap--I am sorry to hit you, Sir-- Are you alright?" At least with that she could look around, at her cushion. Oh, no that didn't help the blush.

Reaching up one hand she at least could brush off some of the dirt. What on earth was she going to tell her parents about this? What if he was seriously hurt? Oh no.

Fea Line
It can be so hard to word sometimes blaugh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:29 am
As she finally started to come to, Chevy first noticed her seemingly hard time with words. When she mentioned wings not working, he then glanced to her wings and quickly hid the wince that had threatened to creep up over his features. Oh she had hurt her wings! Of course she had! She did crash real hard, though if this was a result before or after the landing, he wasn't sure. What he WAS sure of was that she needed to calm down and rest and let him make sure she wasn't extremely injured before she moved any further.

"Try to calm down and move slowly or not at all." Chevy prompted again, moving his hands up first to the sides of her head to get her to just stop and remain still. "Let me help you, don't stand." he said as he brushed his hand against her forehead, checked for any scratches, checked her eyes for dilated pupils then began to slowly assist her to sit against the wall. "Slow breaths."" he stated as he got to one hoof, keeping the other knee on the ground.

He began to look her over for signs of damage, doing his best to remain gentleman like and not invade her personal space too closely. "I'm just going to look at your wings ok? Can you lean forward a bit....." he paused as the rest of her words seemed to finally catch up to his brain. "Sapphire Rose. I'm Chevalier, and no need for apologies. Are you seriously hurt anywhere? Can you bed your arms, legs, fingers and wings?" he blinked then glanced down to her hooves.

Normal faun hooves.

Yet she had wings? Curious. Maybe her parents were a mixture? It had to be so, her vibrant tail......sashes? Tilting his head a moment, Chevy focused on the bright fabrics until he could see a normal faun tail hiding within. More questions popped into his mind but they were neither appropriate nor important. His focus was on her health first, then he'd address getting her either to the infirmary or back to her quarters.

Then he'd deal with the aches in his own body.

EvilSilverDragon

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:12 pm
Oh he had the wrong idea, those wings were broken before the crash. Before she could find her voice to correct him, there went her voice again. Her crashbreaker turned out to also have a remarkable manner.

Unfamiliar hands warmed her cheeks encouraging that blush to dust her ears again. Just the act of physically checking her over, grounded by the warmth of his touch both calmed her down and set her heart fluttering. Staring into his eyes, the faun followed his gentle words. In and out, slow breaths, just being in the moment. Nothing else existed, not even those irritating wings. There was only that touch and those kind eyes.

Lean forward? No, this was fine she could stay like this a little while longer.

It was unfair to keep him worrying over her. Neck tensing for a moment, she had to really be conscious not to shake her head. "Oh, no I am fine really!" To prove her point she wiggled her fingers between them. Looking him over as well. He had to be hurting. "My wings, they do what they want. Appeared one day and they really do what they want." As if to prove her point, the wings laid perfectly still and polite. Traitors.

"You broke my fall.." She trailed off, brow creasing with worry--wrinkles Sapphire! "Are you okay? Where does it hurt?" Now she was really look for any sign of pain. Even just enough courage to be found to touch his shoulder searching for the damage she'd done.

His name was nice, it suited him.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:25 pm
The fact that she was now speaking complete sentences had him feeling a little better. He relaxed in his breathing a bit and leaned back, hands ever at the ready to assist however. Still, some of her word or phrase choices confused him and he couldn't say he completely understood. Her wings had just.....appeared? Like one day over night? "You speak as if you did not grow up with wings?" he blinked at her a moment, glancing back to see that they were fine and tucked neatly against her back as they should have been.

Had she hit her head harder than he thought? Not enough to cause her to fall unconscious but perhaps scramble her thoughts? Could wings even just appear out of the blue like that? Her hand reached up and touched his shoulder and for a moment he froze.

Images of Olea appeared in his vision and he shut his eyes, taking a few seconds to collect himself. Shaking his own head softly, he took in a few deep breaths of his own. "No need to concern yourself with me, really." he nodded and gently lifted both hands to encase her's and pulled it from his shoulder. He didn't want to admit that it ached something fierce...... and that her soft touch felt relieving in a way. Emotions were confused as he both wanted her stop and not stop at the same time.

Back to the matter at hand, Chevalier!

"Is your quarters close by I can help assist you too? If you don't want the infirmary I still strongly suggest rest now." he spoke calmly, finally releasing her hand and placing it gently in her lap. He then shifted his weight, ready to lift himself to his hooves but paused in a sort of half kneel, half squat and held his hands out to her. "I can help you to your hooves, slowly however, don't overdue it took quickly."

Right Chevalier, you should listen to yourself for once.

EvilSilverDragon

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:56 pm
No pony could be blamed for not believing her, who had ever heard of such a thing? Yet, it was true. Self defeated sigh, Sapphire outed herself, "I didn't, they just appeared one day to wreck havoc. My parents can confirm. I know its a freaky." Twin truths, absolutely no pony had ever uttered a harsh word to her, yet revealing this came with that feeling that something bad would happen.

Glancing up to his eyes to judge if he believed her, or thought her weird. Gently removing her hand answered that. Eyes falling in turn with her heart, Sapphire could only sigh to release that.

Okay, pull it together. Pulling her eyes back up, she put a smile on anyway. "I live on the apple farm. You should try to get rest too." Accepting his hand, she stood with as much grace as her falling asleep legs could hold. Stumbling back half a step, just the slight bit unbalanced as the left wing slowly started to flex.

Taking her hand back, instead resting it on the opposite arm. "I guess..Thanks again for your concern." Go home with the wings getting uppity, help him back if he'd let her? Absently, she dusted her sash off and held it a little longer than needed working on figuring out what to do now.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:35 pm
That certainly wasn't something he had ever heard before. He almost couldn't believe it and wondered about the state of her mental health right now but seeing the dejection on her face seemed to hurt him more than his physical wounds did. Quickly trying to find the right words to say, Chevy felt his mind twirling.

And then he noticed she too was doing the same, stumbling backwards.

Arms shout out as quick as lightning, one reaching to lock behind her back, just above her hips.

But she had already steadied herself.

Blinking, his cheeks now taking a turn to flush a bright pink, Chevy cleared his throat and quickly released his arm, creating more space between the pair. "Ah the farm, that's quite a distance on....newly sprouted wings." he managed to say, doing his best to try and reassure he didn't think she was crazy, at least. Why would she have reason to lie about something like that? His first thought would have been to assume to cover for her.... probable bad flying but. He recalled some rather embarrassing tales of his Uncle Mo and Aunt Luna. Also there was cousin Twinkletoes and her sudden fox tail and fluff. Though he had begun to chalk that up to a mishap with her transformation powers.

"I think you should rest at the tree tonight. I can have someone send word to your family." he said before he had really even thought of it. Where would she stay if she normally lived on the farm??? Maybe with his mom? Ohno she'd surly embarrass him......

EvilSilverDragon

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:06 pm
Deep breath, pulled in deeply exhaling out the small wave of emotion out. At once where she was comfortable, now it was so much more confusing. Chevalier pulled back even further now.

Moments her hand half hung in the space now vacant before pulling back to rest back at her side. Cocking her head slightly to the left as if it would help her understand what was going on.

Just how could she frame that question? What was the question?

Well,that was an improvement? Only the idea was a horror! "Not flying is the goal, next landing won't likely be as.." Nice? Confusing? Comfortable? "gentle. It gets pretty terrifying when they start up." Until they decide to act up again it was hard to really explain what they do.

Glancing back to the tree itself, the idea played over. Not coming home would worry her poor parents, and where would she stay here? "I don't have anyone to stay with.." Sure she knew different faun from her earns but somewhere to stay? Being by herself in a strange place...one hoof started digging a small trench in contrast to the appearance of an easy smile.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:50 am
Not flying? Did her.... special wings really cause that much trouble? Chevy gently shifted his own, not enough to be outright showing his off, more of a natural twitch to try and get comfortable with aches panging through his body. Maybe, since she had such a late start in life she just....never learned how.

Still.

He couldn't exactly begin teaching her here, now, not after a crash like that. She needed to rest and give any sprains, bruises or unseen injuries time to heal. He had half a mind to just waltz her right down to the infirmary without her say and have a healer check her over. But he didn't. Something just told him it was ok to...well, not.

But she had no one to stay with.

Chevy then had an idea. A slightly embarrassing idea but an idea that could probably work. "You can stay in my quarters then. I can room with my brother for one night." he nodded matter-o-factly. Glis wouldn't mind strategic bunking and even if he did Chevy wouldn't listen anyways. Though the white alicorn was almost certain he would, the two were like peas in a pod and very close. "I can lead you and still send word to your family." he held out a hand and offered it to her so that he could begin to lead the way.

Only several minutes after had the thought occurred to him that maybe she could room with his sister and have another female to keep watch and check for injuries.

Good going Chevalier. Where is your head today? This is so unbecoming of you!

EvilSilverDragon

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:13 pm
With new fabric and a different pattern, it took time to study how it would lay and move. That allowed for the creation of workable crafts worthy of her family's name. Much the same, studying the mystery in front of her had to unlock answers. Touch but don't be touched, close then far, wavering between warmth and impersonal. Just what to make of the stallion?

Shifting of feathers finally pulled the designer's eye. Noting the feature now, something clicked. Horn and wings, check. Beautiful tail, check. There were only three figures from stories of Equestria with those features.

Oh Cashmere!

This would be the story of all stories to tell her parents.

Flicking her ears up, Sapphire considered his offer. No need to ask if he was sure, his tone told her. Chevalier presented the idea so normally that there was no hesitation in her answer, "Oh, okay thank you." That would be fine, no need to edit it out of her story. Right?

Reason behind the outstretched hand didn't need explanation. Without giving it much thought she reached her own out only to hesitate. He pulled away from her previously, would he regret holding his hand out and retract that too> Mulling concern for another rebuff over the offered gesture.

Tension in her back warned her the wings were feeling uppity again. Decision made, her hand went the rest of the way landing easily in his own. Sapphire noted hers fit so naturally in his own. "Please do, I don't want them to worry. Will you send some else and get care too?" The way he reacted to her trying to help before sent the signal any care from her was unwanted. Surely there were others in the tree more desired?

"Even my brothers need rest and they only fell out of an apple tree or three." Or more, hey if they could tease their little sister she could tease them! The mental image of an a dramatic 'wounded' reaction was more than enough to pull a soft laugh and bright smile from the faun.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:13 am
Chev noticed her hesitation, and rightfully so. Here was a stranger she had just crashed into practically up in her space, arms around her waist at once point, gently prodding her shoulders and wings for injuries. Now he insisting she stay the night to rest, not only in a probable strange place as she didn’t seem to reside her but was also offering his room for her to stay in. He expected his gesture to be shot down in all honesty so when her hand touched his, he had a brief second look of surprise. “I will send word post haste once you are settled.” He nodded, thinking exactly of who he could call to send a messenger bird or two. He had heard, after all, that at least one of the residents on the apple farm were close friends with the yellow Pegasus he had in mind. Or at least so his mother told him.

“If you need anything, you can call.” He spoke softly as he began to gently lead her towards his quarters. He was a level below the one they were currently on and hoped she wasn’t too injured yet to make the walk down. Flying seemed out of the question after all that had happened. He had so many questions he wanted to ask out of sheer and pure curiosity but something inside him told him it wasn’t the time for that. So he resisted.

“If it makes you feel better, I have a sister as well….” He had begun before he paused, realizing it might sound strange to suddenly mention that. “I mean, if its something you don’t feel comfortable telling me.” He tried to offer before he realized that entire mental planned scenario was probably better thrown out the window at that point. “Tell me if I’m going too fast.” He quickly added as if to change the subject.

As they began their descent to the level, he and his family shared close quarters with, his pace unknowingly slowed.

Why? She was probably eager to rest. But she was also probably feeling the aches as he was. Yeah, that had to be it. Not to mention he was beginning to feel more aches and pains himself the more he walked. Perhaps she was right. “I will seek care myself, but after I ensure you are tended too properly.” He nodded as an afterthought. She was right. She wasn’t the only victim here. Not that he blamed her, not in the slightest, but unfortunately things did happen and he knew he’d be very sore tomorrow.

Make note not to let his mom find out, else she’d insist he stay in bed all that and that’d just be a day wasted.

EvilSilverDragon

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:35 pm
That was reassuring, going home after worrying her family was very low on her list of happy thoughts. If he didn't send word, she had half a mind to make him take her home. Funny how that was equal parts reassuring and horrifying. Rarity would love him though!

Need anything? Hot tea would be lovely. That idea followed a path before her brain caught up with it. "Would you join me for dinner? Hot tea and soup would be lovely." Normally, her dinner would be with her family talking about their day. Eating by herself just seemed more lonely then being in a room by herself.

Sudden family information brought a wistful response, "I wish I had a sister, just two awesome older brothers." Just was an understatement, her brothers were the best brothers ever. Sapphire had a sneaking suspicion that his sister might just say the same. Rest of what he said didn't make much sense. Tilting her head she looked at him not quite able to voice the question he prompted.

Glancing around, the faun was just a bit embarrassed to admit she hadn't paid any attention to where they were going much less how fast. "The walk is nice.." Her admittance followed intense interest in the door they passed, Well made, nice door knob. Oh look at that lamp.

Looking back at him, something really caught her eye.

"Oh no" The word slipped out as soft as a prayer. His poor mane! Without thinking she reached out to try and correct the offending debris before catching herself just touching. Pulling back she apologized, "Sorry, I wanted to help..sorry." His reaction the last time she touched him was very fresh in her mind.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:23 am
He wasn't sure if it was aftermath from the collision or just all things considering, but it felt as if he were walking in a bit of a haze. The only two figures creating a presence in his awareness at the moment was himself, and her. Her voice seemed to calm him but her nervousness made him frown.

"Dinner?" he blinked at the sudden request. Nutrition was always nice. Usually he'd eat with his brother but he supposed he could tell GG that he had other plans tonight. After all, he had just been her landing cushion he supposed he could humor her with dinner. "Sure, I'd be honored to join you." he nodded at first without much thought.

Then he realized, she was staying in his room. He'd need to not only find dinner worthy meals but also prepare them! Today was going to be a very long and interesting day.

Her reaching up and dislodging something from his mane made him snap out of his reality and he blinked at her. "Hmm?" he watched her recoil before things made sense. "Oh. Please, don't fret. It's quite alright." he paused and reached a hand up to feel his mane. Yep, it indeed was a mess. Oh well, that could be easily fixed. "We are almost there however, I'm sure you'd like to sit soon." he gestured, thinking to himself a comfortable bed would be much better place for her to heal than the floor.

EvilSilverDragon

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:50 pm

Eyes trailed along the unfamiliar walkways, half remembering this detail or that. Most of the walkways in the tree felt very much the same. They really needed ribbon wreaths, flower banquets or hand painted signs. A side business idea?

That was for another time.

Raising her eyes up to make contact with his,Sapphire rewarded his kindness with a beaming smile. "Thank you, I am so used to eating with my family, eating alone." The sentence trailed off with the thought, just too unpleasant to finish.

He didn't recoil this time, that earned a head tilt and the return of her smile. Smaller but no less there, maybe it was just the shock of it? Someponies don't like to be touched, so she's heard. Deciding to offer one more time, she asked, "Do you need help? I am really good at getting out knots." His mane and any in the shoulders. With her aches she could only imagine how he must be feeling. He caught her.

"You've been so kind, I'd like to repay that and help. We are kinda in this together." Her chuckle tried to stave off her embarrassment, though her ears betrayed her.

Fea Line

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces