Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Best restaurant Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Witch of Rokkenjima

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2022 12:37 pm
Las Palmas in the Nashville, TN area is good. I miss it. crying  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 7:39 am
Witch of Rokkenjima

What kind of food do they serve? See the one thing about recommending a restaurant is why was it so good?  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Witch of Rokkenjima

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:53 am
empress dee
Witch of Rokkenjima

What kind of food do they serve? See the one thing about recommending a restaurant is why was it so good?

Oh! It's a Mexican restaurant. I tried various things, but my favorite was always the quesadillas. heart  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 5:41 pm
Witch of Rokkenjima
empress dee
Witch of Rokkenjima

Oh! It's a Mexican restaurant. I tried various things, but my favorite was always the quesadillas. heart

I see. Neat. I love tacos. Hard shell though. No tomatoes. But yummy. Today I went to a place called Jollibee where they serve spaghetti that has pork tomato sauce instead of beef tomato. They also serve fried chicken and burgers that I never tried yet. Its a good place to go.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Witch of Rokkenjima

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 6:34 pm
Ooh, I've heard good things about Jollibee's fried chicken! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 9:17 am
Witch of Rokkenjima
Ooh, I've heard good things about Jollibee's fried chicken! biggrin

Same here, though I haven't tried the chicken yet. I am more into the spaghetti.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:29 pm
A fried chicken store opened up in a city near me recently (December, I believe? ). It's called YAS Chicken, and I believe it's a legit new business starting up from scratch, not from some existing chain/franchise. I was impressed with their fried chicken, both ordered in person, and via Uber delivery. Chicken skin is very crispy, and they're definitely not skimping you out on the protein/portions.

Is it comparable to KFC flavor wise? Hm, that'll depend on the person's preference. KFC is well known in the west, and it's a big deal in Japan during xmas. I haven't really tried authentic Korean fried chicken (which is also a rage), but I can say YAS Chicken is Asian-based. They also have Crab Ragoons, Shrimp lollipop, something that looks like a corn dog, egg rolls, waffles, sugar donuts...

A lot of good reviews on their social media. I just love their cartoony chicken/chick icons plastered around the shop's wall. They're adorable and reminds me of Harvest Moon, haha.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:47 pm
Yen Quest
A fried chicken store opened up in a city near me recently (December, I believe? ). It's called YAS Chicken, and I believe it's a legit new business starting up from scratch, not from some existing chain/franchise. I was impressed with their fried chicken, both ordered in person, and via Uber delivery. Chicken skin is very crispy, and they're definitely not skimping you out on the protein/portions.

Is it comparable to KFC flavor wise? Hm, that'll depend on the person's preference. KFC is well known in the west, and it's a big deal in Japan during xmas. I haven't really tried authentic Korean fried chicken (which is also a rage), but I can say YAS Chicken is Asian-based. They also have Crab Ragoons, Shrimp lollipop, something that looks like a corn dog, egg rolls, waffles, sugar donuts...

A lot of good reviews on their social media. I just love their cartoony chicken/chick icons plastered around the shop's wall. They're adorable and reminds me of Harvest Moon, haha.

Well done! This is the type of review I was looking for. I would probably try it if it ever opened up somewhere in Edmonton, Alberta, canada. An asian hangout, which is debateable a chain is called Jollibee. It has the most delicious spaghetti I had ever tried. And its different than traditional spaghetti in the sense that they have a pork based tomato sauce as opposed to the beef tomato sauce that spaghetti is known to have. It makes the sauce sweeter with a hint of a bean flavor to it. They also put hot dog and bits of ham in it, which is different too. They have fried chicken and burgers there also, but I haven't had the pleasure of trying that yet. I want to someday though.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:30 pm
empress dee
Well done! This is the type of review I was looking for. I would probably try it if it ever opened up somewhere in Edmonton, Alberta, canada. An asian hangout, which is debateable a chain is called Jollibee. It has the most delicious spaghetti I had ever tried. And its different than traditional spaghetti in the sense that they have a pork based tomato sauce as opposed to the beef tomato sauce that spaghetti is known to have. It makes the sauce sweeter with a hint of a bean flavor to it. They also put hot dog and bits of ham in it, which is different too. They have fried chicken and burgers there also, but I haven't had the pleasure of trying that yet. I want to someday though.

I've heard of Jollibee, and the closest one seems to be couple states over where I am, haha (Google says New York). I know it's a big chain in Philippines because I've watch Sonny from "Best Ever Food Review Show" reviewing it while he was traveling there, and apparently, that's where it originates from. Not many big chains offer a side of rice as an option, let alone noodles (pasta, yes, depending). Korea also knows how to incorporate Spam in their dishes, and a lot of people rave the end results.

Since I'm in North Eastern part of USA, I want to try the infamous Krispy Kreme donuts, or In and Out Burger fast food chains, which is prevalent in the southern part of the country.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:09 pm
Yen Quest
empress dee

I've heard of Jollibee, and the closest one seems to be couple states over where I am, haha (Google says New York). I know it's a big chain in Philippines because I've watch Sonny from "Best Ever Food Review Show" reviewing it while he was traveling there, and apparently, that's where it originates from. Not many big chains offer a side of rice as an option, let alone noodles (pasta, yes, depending). Korea also knows how to incorporate Spam in their dishes, and a lot of people rave the end results.

Since I'm in North Eastern part of USA, I want to try the infamous Krispy Kreme donuts, or In and Out Burger fast food chains, which is prevalent in the southern part of the country.

Cool. I tried Krispy Kreme once in 2003. Good donuts. But I have never been to an In and Out Burger. Heard about it though. Today I went to a restaurant called Bing's in Spruce Grove just off of Highway 16A in Alberta. I had the grilled seasoned pork chops. Now if you like shrimp flavored pork chops get those. The caesar salad I got was second best to the apple sauce I got. I devoured the apple sauce. But a better meal to get is the Veal cutlet with the mashed potatoes and gravy. And that's out of the western menu. They have an Chinese menu as well, which I can vouch is good food. I debated on getting the wonton soup initially before I saw the pork chops on the menu. I might try the veal cutlet, the fries, the gravy, and the wonton soup.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:12 pm
Nearly__Naked
3nodding 3nodding I have been dreaming of some sushi when everything calms down 3nodding 3nodding

Where would you recommend having good sushi and remember, it cannot be a chain restaurant that is well-known.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:38 pm
White Mage Rose
denny's diner has the best burgers and fries !

Um... Denny's counts as a well-known chain. There are lots in Edmonton. Granted they are good. Love their milkshakes.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:42 pm
Yen Quest
I hardly go out to eat in restaurants. The type of food I most frequently purchase would be your typical fast food like McDonalds, or big name like Cheesecake Factory (only once), buffets, or your typical Chinese/Pizza takeout. I have gone to a couple of places that would advertise themselves for quality/freshness, and being all hipster/trendy. The atmosphere and pricing are pretty telling, especially in downtown city area (Boston). I don't know why though, they often fall flat for me. I guess what people consider as "fancy" doesn't suit my tastebuds. sweatdrop

There is this one small restaurant nearby my area/neighborhood though. It snuggles in this small parkway, sharing space with two other shops or so (a pizza shop and a small grocery market shop). Said shop most likely been there for years, and probably ran by the same group/family of people for decades. I could tell by the "family" atmosphere between the staff members and customers. I often drive past that area because of work, running an errand, or heading to some party and whatever else I have to be, so I haven't been paying much attention to it.

My brother took us there one day, and I was pretty impressed. Scrambled/sunny-side egg options, pancakes, sausage, hash browns, and fries are the options for our typical American breakfast menu. The food isn't one of those "five star gourmet flavor" or "foodies would love to post pretty pictures" type of foods. But if there's one standout thing about it, it is something you would call "taste of home". It tasted "homemade", as if someone's mother, aunt, or grandma were the ones in charge of the kitchen/cooking. Now THAT's something you don't often get when eating out in restaurants.

Those places, the ones that have a home-made feel to it are places that my dad and I look for in restaurants because they usually have the best food ever.  
Village Commons

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff