Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:41 pm
The pale female was uncertain of many things, mostly her position in this life and within this land that she called her home. Her mother was here but was that enough to keep her here? There was so much death and destruction that seemed to follow her she almost felt as though this whole thing was her fault in some degree, while it wasn't the same beings that had destroyed her home in her youth it might as well have been the same damn thing.

Tears streaked her pale fur, casing dust to cling to her cheeks, giving her an ashen expression as she wandered along the boarder of her home. She was uncertain of what to do and she was afraid, her fur bristled as she moved slowly trying to make sense of everything. Did she belong anywhere? Would no one keep her safe in the end? It was like a never ending battle of emotions and terror that followed her until no end.

Sitting down she looked up towards the dark sky and allowed a few more tears to fall. She was meant to be alone, that had to be her fate in life.  
Parth meandered at a slow pace, taking his time to examine what he believed to the be the border to the Pridelands. He'd been here several occasions, though many years hence. He wanted to reestablish familiarity with its area and distribution before their viking were to put themselves at risk--especially the younger two of the group. They were foolhardy and it would take many vikings to season them enough that Parth and Finch, their father, were willing to take their eyes off the boys for more than seconds.
He was somewhat surprised he hadn't seen a sentry or guard yet. He had been keeping himself inconspicuous which was easily accomplished with his dark pelt under a night sky. Maybe it would be easier than he remembered, plundering a group of pirdelanders? He felt an uneasy sense, thinking a quiet prayer to the gods that the one they happened across had no children. He had no taste for taking from mothers.
In his thoughts, he grew clumsy. There was a flicker of pale on the horizon that he should have seen sooner. "Damn," he murmured, slightly lowering himself to the ground. It didn't appear that he'd been detected yet simply based on the fact the pale figure wasn't approaching him. His eyes being what they were though? He couldn't even tell if it was bloody man or woman. He'd have to get closer to learn anything about it. Was Horos when he needed him? Parth slowly and delicately picked his way towards the pale figure, daring to be as close as he could without the lioness hearing his approach.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Was she cursed? Truly she felt as if that must be the case, there was no other way to describe this hollow feeling within her soul, a crushing weight in her gut. So in grief at the events that had just ravaged her pride she was oblivious to the figure that was approaching. Tears fell to the ground as she brought up a paw to wipe them from her face, should she go back? Her mother was there, she couldn't just leave, though the Goddess was able to take care of herself but still.

It was the only home she had left and even it wasn't safe from the ravages of death.  
As Parth drew nearer, the figure came into focus. It was pale lioness who was... what? In some sort of distress. Crying? He looked her over and didn’t detect any obvious injury. She did appear to be alone though, but he made another cursory glance (or two) to confirm that.

He continued his approach with that belief. Was he over the territory border yet? You never could tell. There were what you’d consider blurred lines, a grey area that was and wasn’t territory. He was pushing that line as it was.

She was a fine boned lioness with lean muscle. Not a guard, not a warrior. Did the pridelanders even have those? The thought made him snort.

Damn. The noise must have caught the attention of the lioness for at that moment they made eye contact. Her’s a pale blue. God if he was close enough to tell that then... having been thus discovered, he stood straight looking somewhat embarrassed. If he could play it off, he wouldn’t have to harm her.

“Ah.. ahem. Sorry mum. I thought, I thought I might have recognized you. I see I am mistaken. I’ll just...” he cleared his throat and made to turn but stopped abruptly, looking closer at her in curiosity.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Her sniffling subsided and an abrupt noise caused her to look over and into the green gaze of a dark colored male. His coloring was the usual and one of the more frequent colors she'd seen within her homeland.

Rubbing a paw across her face she sniffled and did her best to make herself more presentable.

"Please-" moving towards him she didn't really want to be alone right now and his presence was reassuring.

"You don't have to go on my account...." lookong at her paws for a moment she returned her blue gaze to his.

"I don't believe I've seen you around before. Are you new?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:43 pm
Parth was caught in a tough position and made a noise that was a mix between a cough and clearing his throat. "I, uh, am... new, that is." If he said he was an outsider, she surely would alert the pride to his presence. "I'm..." Oh blast it, what was a common Pridelander name? "Parth." He went with honesty. He clearly wasn't a pridelander-born. The scars that littered his body were evidence that he had lived a warrior's life--could she even see those in the night?
"Is there... er, something that you need assistance with?" He said this in a gruff manner but it was somewhat obvious that it stemmed from his lack of experience in dealing with someone else's... problems. Tears were usually something that didn't effect him but the poor lioness had something about her that urged him to protect her. It was rather annoying, really. And damned inconvenient at the moment.
It probably was her light, pale fur and beautiful--beautiful? yes, damn it, beautiful-- blue eyes. It was very delicate and she appeared fragile. Especially because of her current state, he felt tug at his heart strings that seldom were disturbed. The last time he'd felt it, he'd 'rescued' Fray from the ownership of a wretched pair of freeborns. Now she was his thrall in no capacity other than name. She was just about as free as any freeborn and lived a better life than most under his protection.
Shaking himself from his thoughts, the male lion refocused his attention on the lioness while at the same time trying not to pay too close attention.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Even in her distressed state she knew that he wasn't exactly telling the truth, she wouldn't have cared if he was from the pridelands or not, they had enough visitors that it wasn't a big deal. Still, she let it slide for the moment until she could composer herself better.

Sniffling a little she did her best to breath in and out and focus her feelings into a calmer state of mind. "You don't have to come up with a story on my account. We are welcoming to outsiders, as long as you mean no ill will." Was he here to hurt anyone?

Looking him over she didn't think he was, if anything he appeared to be a bit out of place, almost as if he wasn't sure what to do with a crying female. "Parth? That's a nice sounding name. You may call me Magdalena." Her tears had begun to cease falling and she gave a wave of her paw.

"You could just say that the demons of my past have come back to haunt me." An elaborate way to describe what had just happened in the pridelands that reminded her of her youth when she had lost her family.

Perhaps he was the distraction she needed though? He seemed nice enough and he was very attractive, though she wasn't the type that knew how to flirt or will a male to do anything in her favor. She was just who she was.

"Were you heading anywhere? May I join you? I think the distraction would be good for me right now. You could tell me about yourself maybe?"  
Parth quirked an eyebrow at her but didn't otherwise acknowledge that she'd essentially called him a liar. Which he was, of course.
"Magdalena." He nodded at the name, admiring it. It was a pretty name.
At her further questions, though, he gave pause. "I'm... not heading in any particular direction.... and you don't want to know about me." The truth of that statement made a swell of guilt surface in his wame. They would be raiding this territory in the next few days and if he continued to associate with this lioness, the greater likelihood of him recognizing her in that raid. Perhaps he could learn where she resided most often and position the viking band to target other areas. "Instead... tell me about whats come back to haunt you. Surely a lioness that's grown up in this luscious land couldn't have such a horrible past?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

When he said her name it made her blush under her pale skin but she brushed it off, he was just a handsome stranger nothing more.

Giving a small shiver at the images that had transpired she gave him a look as if to say he had asked for it. "Have you ever seen a God before Parth?" While she knew there were some in existence she had never seen any aside from her Mother Zimran and she was nothing but loving so the events that had unfolded before her had been rather traumatising because she'd only ever known the love that had been shown to her by that particular Goddess.

"And I wouldn't so much as to say it's a repeating the same way as it had in my past.... The lands that you're currently upon have been ravaged by a God and burning stones that fell from the sky. Both caused a great deal of damage and death to many that I knew and loved. Sometime with a similar outcome happened when I was a child and lost my family." She didn't want to go into those details about her past and she wasn't really sure why she'd actually told him.

"And why wouldn't I want to know about you? You can't have done anything as awful as what I saw earlier today." It was true he had found her a few hours after this had all taken place.  
Her response took him off guard a bit. He wasn't expecting the conversation to take this particular turn. "Ah... no, I haven't." He added a silent 'thankfully' to that. Listening to her story, the first thing to come to mind was, strategically, the pridelanders would be weakened. Second, though, was curiosity... and hesitation. "What God? And are they still here?" Then he realized that the lioness had said... 'earlier today.' In a mild form of confusion, his tone rose slightly. "This happened, what... today?" He ignored her follow up question and focused on what she had to say about this god's attack. The viking band was only six of them and they were not equipped to deal with something, or rather someone, of this magnitude.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:44 pm
His reaction was curious to her but didn't seem too unimaginable given the things that had just come from her mouth.

"Believe you me, if it wasn't today then I have a pretty poor excuse as to why I'm out here right now." She really didn't venture from the pride, if at all and this whole thing had her uncertain of her future there. It used to be a safe haven for her and now that image of it was shattered.

"I'm not sure, but I know a few that live in the pride as their home so there are some around but I didn't stick around long enough to see if he left." Giving a small shake she didn't want to go back just yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:17 am
Parth pursed his lips in concentration, his brain rapidly reorganizing what he was to do with this news. He'd actually remained silent too long and noticed the curious look that was given him by the pale female. "Ah, I'm sorry. I just... wasn't aware of what was going on. I have been... out hunting, I'm afraid." It was a poor excuse but Parth hoped the lioness was too shaken up to pay close attention to his flippant alibi. "I might be regretting coming here all the same." This he said more to himself than anything, his brows furrowed as he stared towards the ground beneath him.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:18 am
"Well, if you wish to come with me back into the lands you may. Or you can stay here...." She had lions she needed to check on, and her mother and sisters. The fear had just taken hold of her and she had an immediate flee response so here she was. "I have family I need to check in on." Standing up she waited to see what he would do for a moment and then turned and headed back into the lands she called home, for now at least. If he followed he would be welcomed by her and her kin for the time being but if he stayed then that was his choice.  
[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games