WWFG Forever Dammit! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mister Mirage

Super Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:37 pm
right now, this is me, not some character, I'm speaking 100% my authentic self. Despite some recent disagreements, I had to rejoin WWFG when I heard the word. Closing? WWFG does not close!

This is the longest running G-fed in gaia, everyone who does what we do has had some history in this very guild. Anyone who can call themselves a so called "Best in the World" have had matches right here! I can talk for hours on the stories that have come and gone in this guild. All of those story-lines are right here. I haven't been through all of it, but in 13 years I've seen a goddamned lot! I apologize in advance if I leave anyone out.

Within my time here I've seen the bullshit era, the reboot, the legacies, and who didn't love that awesome Octane logo?! This was my second guild, after FFA:TF, and I've stuck with it the entire ride. After I came home from high school I would grind out matches, and started the Year of the Dream. During college I saw the number of roleplayers drop like crazy, I was pretty sure that was the end. After I join the military and came back from boot camp, I was right here as the community was coming back together to keep things going again.

We've gone through great leaders like Jed, Claire, Miranda, Bad, and Cart. Hell, I've seen people take charge when the leaders went MIA. Diehards like Bad, Cart, GBL, Jarel, are all familiar names I can point out that were here when I started and are still here today. I ********' love those guys!

It hasn't all been great, we've gone never-ending drama cases here and again, such as the Title History fiasco, leaders giving themselves championships, other miscellaneous bullshit, and ********' damn near every Royal Rumble. You know what? I still wouldn't trade any of it.

There are people stepping up to be that next leader, and I tell you what, I'm not ready to quit just yet. This topic is open to all current active WWFG RPers. This is your guild, it doesn't belong to any single person. This isn't some blind voting option, you voice your own opinion.

Who else wants to crack us a cold one, have another slice of cheesy goodness, and go just one more round?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:33 pm
From what I understand WWFG started in the forums of Gaia and became a guild in 2005.

Not going to spill it out now, but I will reveal something special at Wrestlemania. There are only three that I let to know of it.

Edit: exclaim
I'm feeling I should let some insight of what this reveal is.
I won't reveal it all, but I am restoring the WWFG Championship History.
With beneficial legitimacy.
emotion_awesome

I am willing to throw my hat in the ring for running WWFG and if I am nominated to run this guild, I will sacrifice.
Miss Emiko would be the character in charge. I can only recall running four guilds for reference: GzW, GWWF, GWF, and TPW. In that order.
Ran GzW a little over two years on my own, covered for kjcfender in GWWF when needed, 2-3 months with GWF, maybe 6 months with TPW.
X-Cup/WGUT is something I consider an event guild and should not be considered the same to running a federation.
I'm not here to slap Championships on my characters, and will only have Miss E character in WWFG and out of competition.

My activity will diminish and go as follows:
-no GRW or WCWG
-after BitW, no more Fox
-immediately dropping Wanton

I believe my full reveal will speak of what I can do for WWFG.

{Open to Q&A}

MrWeirdFox

Hype Champion

27,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Medalist 100

Mister Mirage

Super Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:24 pm
Now I know what's going to come up. Low members, low activity. Sure, but we've been in much worse situations and have come back from it in the past. Of course I will be here from now on, Fox is here, Eliza and Pantera, Cartwright, Jarel, Trent (Batman), Kody is here, GBL, Bad Boy, Harli, and of course any other lurkers. That's a hell of a card right there, and with a little diplomacy we can get even more people to come back. This is the time to make a comeback.

I've seen WeirdFox work behind the scene, working his a** off for this guild and no one asked him to do that. When he saw that Cart was planning on closing WWF:G he was the first person, that I know of, to step up to keep it going. I wholeheartedly believe that Fox wants whats best for the community, can keep out the bullshit, and keep moving forward until the torch needs to be passed to the next leader.

These are our-- and I mean all of us Roleplayers, these are our Legacies, this is our Reboot, this is our WWF:G!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:42 am
It's up to the ACTIVE members of WWFG to decide what happens next as far as I'm concerned! They are the ones who will be affected!

I got a promotion at work so I have less time to be around here!

Do you support MrWeirdFox?! Is anyone else up for the challenge?! cool

If a group decision can't be made.....goodnight!

Cartwright
Captain

Hilarious Sex Symbol

7,825 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

MidnightBlue9999

Gambino Medic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:50 am
Oh Congratulations on the Promotion Cart.

Now as far as the subject matter is concerned. I've already made an offer to run the place when Miranda was captain and honestly despite the bullshit that happened between me,her and Brad I'm more than happy to throw my name into running it again to keep it open.

Don't hesitate to ask me questions if your concerned about what I'd do for this guild.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:30 am
I don't support Fox running FG, I don't support Cyrus running FG. I don't support Brad running FG (again)
I vote no confidence in either one of them.

Topic starter wanted me to voice my opinion.
Those are dangerous thoughts, very dangerous indeed.

Before anyone goes 'Oh no, it's Chrono'.
Here is the thing and I want everyone to understand.

From 2004 to 2014, I was booking WWFG. (Also known as YOUR FAVORITE YEARS, Just try and tell me otherwise, I ******** dare you)
Helping Rich and Jed in the shadows booking. (Rich cause I mean he can't book worth a s**t, you know it. I know it, everyone knows it.
And Jed, because he was prepping for his real-life wrestling career.
Which he's been successful at doing for a few years now. )

While helping book ICW, EEW, NGWE, E:E, working on two websites, working for Marvel AND running EWA.
(Oh? Did I mention I was a crew member in pretty much every single guild that came around, or I did help from the shadows, you know cause I was 'more than aware' that if my name was on crew it would deter people, but most guild owners still messaged me for insight? )

So your favorite years in FG? Yeah, you're ******** welcome
And if you think Brad/Bad has been a good leader at all.
You're a stupid idiot and your opinion is immediately invalid.
Like seriously though, your opinion and any statements are immediately invalid.
The best thing he ever did was give the guild to Cartwright

And anyone can call themselves "Best in the World'...
Except maybe Cyrus cause unless it's Best in the World at Quitting.
That title doesn't apply to him.
Cept maybe Fox too, I mean he did kind of quit on every single guild he ran.
(Goodness knows either I own them or Matt owns them)

But trolling aside, seriously what does...

ICW, EEW, BBW, WWE: E, XCW, GWWF, GWF, TNWR, WWE: ER, PAW, HLPW
X-Cup, NGWE, GPWA, AWF, GIPW, AOWW, GORE, DHW TWE, BSW, CGW
GWF... (I can go on and on and on)
Have in common?

All these guilds and more have been closed longer than they were open, to begin with.
Each and every single one of them.
More than half of them, everyone wants back.
Because of nostalgia

(And make no mistake this applies to the real feds in real life, WCW, ECW, etc, etc)

And when they come back, what happens?
How'd the last E:E run happen? It didn't
What about the revival of EEW... Kind of failed (Sorry Lauri, making a point here)
ICW? Failed
What about the times FG closed down each time a new owner came along?
We got people putting titles on themselves (Brad) and let's not forget the LONGEST ROYAL RUMBLE that.
Any time X-Cup is brought back... Failed

Oh and if you don't believe me? Even those cosplay feds?
They're all shutting down too.

Nostalgia only goes so far and then the bad memories sink in.
Does anyone remember ECW? How awesome it was?
Yeah? WWECW... Yeah, how's that?
You love WCW don't you?
How about Vince Russo booking? Oh ho ho! Take that

What about this very guild?
When Boxer and Salem ran rampant
When Brad took over?

Here's the thing, close the ******** guild. Just ******** close it.
Put it out of its misery.

You guys neglect all these other guilds, you guys neglect your imagination
and try and create new s**t, or help people create new s**t.
For a sinking ship.

When Mira made a guild, did ANY one of you attempt to help her with it?
What happened? Closed immediately, lack of interest.

What about when Lauri opened up GCCW? Closed, lack of interest.
What's probably going to happen to Harli's GRW? Eventually closing, lack of interest. (sad, but ultimately true)
What about ANY one that comes up with a guild idea that's different? Nope, can't be bothered.
And you wonder why people leave, you wonder why we barely get new people?

Why does Fox want FG? Cause he can't create his own guild without it closing because of lack of interest.
Same with Cyrus.

And you all do it to yourselves...
See, Jarel had the right idea to make your own ******** guild build around your characters. Invite a small number of people, and then let others come to you.

None of you, none of you are offering any kind of alternative.
And when someone does, you neglect it.

None of you are offering anything to the table that won't immediately fail
because you're too busy trying to cling to something that is ******** dying.

The god damn Titanic sunk, and you all are like Leonardo DiCaprio clinging to a door in the middle of freezing water trying to stay afloat.
(He let go, so should you)

Do you want an alternative to EWA?
I WANT AN ALTERNATIVE TO EWA.
I WANT COMPETITION, I WANT COMPETITION BECAUSE THAT BRINGS OUT THE BEST IN EVERYONE.
(Oh and if you don't believe me, look at all the people that came back for a Best in the World tournament)

Harli made an alternative, he's at least TRYING to be different
And this is the guy that was coined with the 'Brick' moniker for having no personality in his promos.

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME.
(Provided you put in the time and effort, and give something different to the table)

I'm not saying EWA is the end all be all, or I'm holier than thou.
Nor should EWA be the end all be all, but the fact of the matter is this and I want you all to understand.
Instead of you know, taking your collective hiveminds and ideas to try and create something new.
A brand new alternative, take a risk or two.
You'd rather take something already established and 'Hope for the best'
And to me, you've already failed at both with that mentality.

And that is why none of you should 'Run WWFG' at all, and why it should just die.

Edit: In the crew subforum, you should know that before Cartwright took over, our very own topic starter:
Cyrus made a statement concerning FG, and in layman's terms something like 'If it (Being WWFG) falls, who cares.
Not an exact quote, but I'm sure ole Carty can find it.
Nice to know your opinion changed right when you got booted out of a tournament... Hey bra, support your local indy feds GRW is booming wink  

Chrono Q Clepsydra

Overpowered Genius

13,790 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Married 100

Mister Mirage

Super Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:52 am
As always, I welcome Chrono's unwelcome rant! I let a lot of bullshit slide and I won't be flinging any of it back at you. That's not professional. However, it was stated that this topic is open to current WWFG roleplayers. How long has it been? How about grabbing a match at Wrestlemania good buddy?

Again, no one person should dictate the closing of WWFG. It certainly won't be Chrono, unfortunately. I'm not going into the support of other guilds, again they come and go. I'm in EWA, GRW, WCWG, and am not the one to put any of those down. EWA's clique can do whatever they want in their guild, but this about community and pulling together to have fun. What it's been about, and what it will continue to be about.

P.S.
I'm sure if it's there's any such comment from me, we all know who loves to edit posts and history. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:05 am
Cyrus I'm not trying to start s**t here but if memory serves me right and I WISH I could find the thread where you said this but it's probably locked now.

But that being said if memory serves me right YOU were more than happy to let this guild die before Cartwright took over. Something along the lines of:

"if it dies it dies, I got other ways to spend my time"

Now this isn't an actual quote mind you but like like I said its probably locked away now and I'm not crew so I can't find the actual thread.  

MidnightBlue9999

Gambino Medic

Mister Mirage

Super Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:12 am
I remember making a comment during the rumble, and I know what I said. As far as the community dying because of bullshit and drama, then it can go ahead and die. Other than that, you guys are reaching. I've supported Cart when he became captain and I wanted WWFG to succeed, arguments due to that was a part of the situation that's happened. There needs to be options.

Just for the record I'm not trying to lead, I dont have time for that. You two can calm down now.

P.S.

Please don't try to dig up dirt on me. I'm not trying to get into a war with anyone. I'd like to maintain a healthy working relationship with both of you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:33 am
And that's perfectly fine Cyrus, If whomever ends up running FG I hope you'll be there to support it for their sake too, odds are they will need it.

But that being said I just find it odd that this is coming up ever since you had a "falling out" in EWA.  

MidnightBlue9999

Gambino Medic

Mister Mirage

Super Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:39 am
There was no falling out with EWA on my part. I was depressed that I got kicked out of BitW. It would have been a lot of fun to have matches against 2.0, Matt Shanahan, Lauri Henry, Claire, and Hiro. I was very upset. But you know what, I still asked for a match and have plans to push start one hell of a tag division in EWA, if I'm not kicked out because of this. I have storyline plans, and I've pulled some characters out of EWA to make it all work, but I have no plans of getting into it with anyone. I'm not a vengeful person.

I'll say it once more. There needs to be options.

-
I'm in the military, we get punished for s**t every day. It's just something you keep down and keep on rolling.

Don't burn your bridges. This isn't a business, last I checked none of us are getting paid to do this. This is for fun.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:08 am
Haven't been a crew member in FG since 2014, Well... Well before Cartwright took over. This was certainly after this.
Do get your facts straight, and check the year. It's 2019, five years later..
(and it's proven that Brad alters history)

As far as FG Competitors go...

And why would I grab a match at Wrestlemania? I have nothing to prove
Longest running FG champ, check
Longest running FG Tag, IC, Women's Champ, Hardcore champ check
The only one to win the Rumble, KotC, MitB
Hall of Famer, check.
and if I 'were' to have one, it wouldn't be against you.
No offense dude, been there done that. Results were less than desirable.
Kind of ******** sucked actually.

Who else is there?

Faced Cart in an epic match in EEW.
Already faced Jarel (and he's booked)
Fox? Nah, I won't have a good time. (Also booked)
Kody? (Booked)
Brad? Lmao, you're killing me. Stop it. (He's booked too)
Trent? Can do that somewhere else, plus activity...
Pantera/Eliza/Golden Owl/White Tiger/Pink Panther/Tekken Rip Off? Been there done that, never again. Worse than Killamo (they're the same person, by the way, lump them as one)
Harli? Already had the match of the year with Harli in FG

Regardless, you're right.
This community is all about pulling together and having fun.
AND SUPPORTING ONE ANOTHER.
You saying
'They come and go' already dismisses anything anyone else does or tries.
That doesn't seem like fun... Or support...

Is it because you already failed? I mean, you are akin to quitting it seems...
I mean you've left FG a few times, your characters do quit a lot.
They tap out a lot...They do verbally quit a lot.
Do you even take pin falls anymore? Just wondering?
I mean for any kind of storyline perspective, that's kind of hard to get behind.
Strictly character and storyline perspective that is.

Oh and there is no EWA Clique
The was several reasons why you were removed from a tournament.
Seven in one month's time frame that is. Seven.
If you're having a**l angst about it, I get it. I really do.
But I mean, there's the whole 'Three strikes and you're out' phrase...
And you got more than double that...

I mean, you weren't vocal about FG or any other guild until you were removed from a tournament.
Just saying

The fact of the matter is this, you unwilling to take a risk on anything and try something new and trying to support new ideas instead of clinging desperately to something that's dying because one place goes 'Well you did this, this, this, this, this and this... Oh and this, and this (and I'm not paraphrasing, there's like 7 reasons why you were removed) is why you removed' is kind of sad.

and not 'one person should dictate the closing of FG'
You're right.

But you're blind if you can't see the pattern. Are you ready for this?

FG started in 2004 by the way

2005, Rich in his first year, already made it a cluster ********. Guild closed, gave it to Rhamn.

2006, FG closed when Rhamm took over. People lost faith (Rhamm also went inactive during that time, something with his wife)

2008, Jed by this point took over, FG died again. Why? EEW came about.
They tried to do EEW v WWFG survivor series kind of thing. Everyone on Team WWFG got clean sweeped by yours truly in his debut for EEW. (Mostly because everyone no ******** showed)
True story.

2009, FG started a revival and it picked up steam. Closed in 2011. Why?

Despite the great storylines, Jed was getting no confidence as a guild leader, constantly ******** up storylines for his own purpose. People walked out on him.
There's threads and everything for it.

2012: Jed was going to give it to Bader, Y'all remember him? No? Well... Everyone walked out and quit. Bader never got it.

Mid 2014: Boxer got the guild. Ran it into the ground, gave it to Salem.
Buried it.

2015: Claire got the guild. She wasn't active enough to do much of anything (and I love her to death, don't misconstrue the facts, you can't say she was a good leader if she was barely around)

Miranda eventually got the guild in 2015/2016,
Unfortunately, that didn't go so well. Guild closed.

Brad got it, and well... Need I say more?
Cart getting it, pushing known inactives and booting inactives didn't help.

in the 15 years, this guild has been around, it has closed TEN ******** TIMES
This isn't 'revisionist history' this isn't 'altered history', this isn't edited history.
This is a fact. (and feasibly? I could say 12 times, just two of those times were closed for a month or two, not a prolonged period of time)

And you're like 'This guy should run it, this guy should run it.'
I know more about this guild than anyone here. I was its fifth member.
I was here before Jed, I was here before Rhamm, was here before Stone
I've been more involved in this guild than anyone here, period.
Even when I'm not in it, I still keep tabs on it.

(and believe me, I get a chuckle out of the promo where Drako talks about how he never got a chance to defend his title at Mania, but takes shots at me. Dismissing the fact he's defending against the gentlemen who you know... Closed the guild down, and the guy that verbally admitted he was putting titles on himself and changing history but lol what can you do? It's okay Carty, you may have won the Longest Royal Rumble and never got that title shot here, but you got a hell of a EWA title run.)

Just stop. It is going to fail again and again and again and again.
It is the literal example of beating a dead horse

But:
"I won't be flinging any of it back at you. That's not professional. "
"I'm sure if it's there's any such comment from me, we all know who loves to edit posts and history."

"I remember making a comment during the rumble, and I know what I said."

Huh, Imagine that...

YOU, yourself listed more reasons why this guild "hasn't been 'all that great' than reasons it has been.
and eventually, you're going to find more and more reasons that it 'hasn't been all that great'

and then what:

And like I said in my first discussion/rant/whatever

I want competition
I want an alternative to EWA
Competition brings out the best in everyone.
I've been saying this s**t for years. YEARS

and I said this on skype so anyone can see it and screenshot it:

Lauri: Be careful what you wish for
Crow: I want a thriving community filled with new ideas and not struggling to hold on to a dead guild

But I rather as one of FG's original members see it go down peacefully than watch burn like a dumpster fire when everyone and their mother wants to throw their hat in and try and keep it afloat and ultimately fail.
Each and every single time.

Support your local indy feds, GRW is booming cool

Edit: Was in the military too, Navy PO 2nd Class.  

Chrono Q Clepsydra

Overpowered Genius

13,790 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Married 100

Mister Mirage

Super Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:17 am
I love it when you talk dirty to me Chrono, it gets me hot and bothered. wink

I mean, you can keep on airing out the reasons why I got kicked, and I'm still saying it doesn't bother me. I literally heard yesterday in a chat with Fox and Cart that the plan was to close FG. It had nothing to do with BitW. Relax, I'm still on your team buddy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:25 am
In all seriousness though. If Fox thinks he can run the FG.
Have him make his own guild, or try and revive one of his old guilds (if he still owns any) and see how long it lasts.
Rather than you know... Try and take over a dying guild.

Cause he may not approve of the way 'I' book and how I run 'my' guild.
But I seem to be doing pretty, pretty okay for myself.

I don't see Fox getting anyone to come back. He didn't

Don't see Fox refusing to work with anyone... Oh...wait never mind
Don't see Fox thinking plans are set in stone and therefore won't bother... Oh, wait never mind.
Don't see Fox saying he's going to drop activity... Oh, wait... Never mind.

Don't see Fox running a guild(s) and not put titles on himself.
I mean, you don't because they're closed, but he did do that.

Hmmm...

Not knocking Foxy there, I have a soft spot for him. I really do.
But you can kind of see where I don't have confidence in ole Foxy.

He can be busting his a** behind the scenes all he wants, but again.
Behind the scenes, not publically.
Not with his own guild. So does it count?  

Chrono Q Clepsydra

Overpowered Genius

13,790 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Married 100

Mister Mirage

Super Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:29 am
Don't talk down to people. Fox is a good guy who's tired of the bullshit. You got a problem with me? Fine, use all the ammo you got. But dont talk down to my friends. I'm tired of the bullshit talk. Brad and Jarel are off limits as well. You have a guild to run, so run it. Leave your trash talk at home.

WWF:G Corporate Headquarters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff