Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mister Mirage

Super Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:44 pm
The consensus is pretty much let it be.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:51 pm
Has the active WWFG roster come to a decision yet?!

I'm seeing a No Confidence vote going down for those who applied so far!

Unlucky lads! cool

Cartwright
Captain

Hilarious Sex Symbol

7,825 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

MidnightBlue9999

Gambino Medic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:52 pm
Maybe so but like Crono said he wants competition to try and make things fresh and I dunno about everyone else but I'm still willing to give this place a chance if others are willing to do the same.

That's just me though... I do have ideas, Ideas that could possibly work for FG as I'm sure Fox does too. All any one of us needs is a chance to implement them.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:54 pm
If you're willing to lead, you have my full support.

Mister Mirage

Super Phantom

MidnightBlue9999

Gambino Medic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:00 pm
Thank you, but its not up to me its up to Cartwright. All I can do is say

"if You want to I'm willing.." which is what i'm doing.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:08 pm
MrWeirdFox
Oh.. what?

Chrono.

Why are you being so nasty about this?
As I see it, only I and Lauri are offering to run WWFG.

Beneficial legitimacy, meaning there are links to matches.

I'm really not being 'nasty about it'
Pick any point that I've said that I'm wrong about.
Like I said Foxy, I have a soft spot for you. Always have.
You've given me a lot of hell over the years, still don't mean I don't see more in you.
And don't get me wrong, I appreciate what you do...
Just, your... Track record kind of you know, kind of gives doubt.

But yeah,
Not all the matches, I know Rich deleted A LOT of matches
and when Jed had me in the crew, I cleaned up a lot of matches (Mostly ones that had no shows, just X v Y, with no responses) and I know ole Boxer did the deletion of things.

But here's how things are going to play out for anyone who ends up owning it.
WWFG is going to be open for a while to let Mania finish.
No doubt right?

Some interest feelers will be sent for a new show
People will get all excited, there will be of course those who hail from the Island of Misfit toys, we all know who's being talked about.
Who has no real place to go, they'll be the first to pop in.
Then maybe a vet or two, something like that.

A show card will be posted
and You might, juuuuuuuust might have that first show.

But then the second card...
Those people will slowly start to fade out, they got that nostalgic s**t out of their system.

Third card...
If you make it that far... Dead.

Never fails. I'm hoping GRW doesn't get hit like that, but...
(and no for the record, I do not book GRW. I only came up with the name and designed & named one of the championships)

But I support it, why? Because it's different.
Harli went out of his way to be different.
He made his own s**t without relying on any name.
Doesn't need FG, doesn't need EWA, didn't need EEW.
Created something on his own.

In all honesty, you should be supporting that more
Supporting WCWG more
Instead of 'I want FG, no I want FG. No this guy, no that guy'
You'd rather let those places die, so this one can live.
Then what happens, you know when this one dies?
All that's left is EWA standings still with Chrono going
'I demand more competition'

and there is none (Not at least during the current state of affairs or even the past few years, has there been competition for EWA but... Again context)  

Chrono Q Clepsydra

Overpowered Genius

13,790 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Married 100

WhosBadNowBoys1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:25 am
Alright clearing some things and I guess adding a few facts to what was said.

Yes the WWF:G started as a single thread in the forums, before Gaia installed guilds into the website.

Yes Rich Harden deleted a TON of matches. Anything that occurred before this Ladder Match , was deleted. I believe he stated he wanted a total clean up of the guild. Unfortunate that he did this because it got rid of a LOT of the history in the guild.

As far as I know, the guild wasn't really having problems with staying alive until Rhamm got ownership. Though he wasn't given a fair opportunity in hindsight, the activity took a drop when myself, Matt Stone, Madd Dogg, RandyDaGr81 (One of the owners of WWE:U ) and a few others that were apart of the short lived R.W.A decided to leave. Then Jed got the guild and problems occurred from then on.

And the rest of this I need to clear up.

First of all, no idea where the "Put titles on myself" thing came from. The ONLY time I've legitimately said anything about wanting a title was the World Title once when Lauri won it when the guild was brought back to life in 2016. I wanted to get one last title reign for Bad Boy before I would end up as a crew member, and with the caliber of matches I had at the time I felt that I deserved it.
This unfortunately started the whole "Crew members pass titles around to themselves" time frame since I gave it back to Lauri the first Octane to kind of give it a bigger debut, unfortunately the match was a disappointment. Then Miranda winning it at the Rumble occurred and the outrage started.
Again I state, this was a mistake since it took away Lauri's deserved title reign and started a rather unfortunate time for the guild.

However that's the ONLY time I ever looked to win a title and that was when I just started as a crew/booker. Not when I was running the guild. The other title I ever had as a crew member was the Tag Titles with the Ultimos and that was more of an accident because the other teams went inactive during the match.

In terms of when I was running, half was me; half was inactivity.

I first started running the guild and wanted to help others build their characters and help improve everyone. Had people like Harli use his Akira character because I felt that Harli had more quality to Akira and his matches were better. Had numerous characters like Rosenthal, GBL and Cyrus among others to build upon and hope to add more to the roster.
The massive problem to this was once the 2017 Wrestlemania hit, a lot of people went inactive. The guild didn't really regain activity after that.

Unfortunately things dipped horribly, and yes there was a Royal Rumble that lasted 6 months, annnnd there was no Wrestlemania last year. Sorry to Cartwright and Jarel for that.

But yes when you start running a guild at this current time, whether it's continuing from someone or starting from scratch, you have plenty of ideas, and plenty of people to give opportunities to. But when people disappear when you give the opportunities and your activity is nonexistent you can't really do anything noteworthy.

Looking to continue on the next post......  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:26 am
Continuing on...

I gave the guild up to someone I can trust and I know the community respects. Cartwright has done what he can to try to rebuild this guild. Much like it's been the past 2 years, there hasn't been as much activity or that big of a roster for him to do much without needing to add himself to the card.

The massive problem has been burdened on us for a couple of years. We’ve had probably the same people that surface here every now and then but we don’t have consistently active members year round. Added to the problems that we can never have completely new people here, mainly because this site is in a hole and not many people are on here anyways. At this rate we bring back those that have been absent for years, and those people will be active for a couple of months and proceed to go inactive either through boredom or their real lives take over and leave them with not enough spare time to be on here.

As I said, I gave the guild to Cartwright because I trust him. If he wants to give the guild ownership to someone of his choosing, or he chooses to let WWF:G finally die, then I’m 100% behind the decision.

If he chooses to give ownership I hope the new owner is capable of having this guild back to a lively state, rather than being subjected to trying to drag the guild through the bad shape that it's currently in like Cartwright and myself have.

If someone gains ownership of WWF:G, I’m willing to help whether it’s through just being on the roster or helping out crew wise. Been apart of this guild for a long time, and had some great memories and matches on here. Also willing to let things pass if there’s any problems concerning me.

Last thing to say is that I do hope that there is another guild that brings interest and activity. Even if they last a year or two it's still an accomplishment and still an option for people to be apart of.  

WhosBadNowBoys1

JayLightning

Familiar Poster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:54 am
I'll say this for my two cents.

This guild has been involved in my life since I started gaiaonline for the most part. So many years I've put into this hell of a guild through the best and the worst. I will be the first to admit that I am ashamed that I couldn't be around as much as I would have loved to in the past several years. Work, real life, and some depression spouts from real life problems had killed my ability to really focus and be around. Even with all of that, I found my way back may it be with inspiration or with the calling of my friends here that wanted to see me and be involved in things.

I've always been loyal to this guild even if I haven't always been around. This guild has always been a constant to me no matter what happens. I may have done one or two other guilds, but I've always defaulted to this as my home. I would love to see this place continue on, I would love to see it live once more, and I would like to do my part to help that to continue the legacy that is this mad house.

I'd like to say I've put my heart and soul into this guild despite the times I've vanished. It's home.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:01 pm
Those forum days on go-Gaia. Those were the shits. UPW, Asylum, WWF, etc. All terrible.
Shame they are all gone  

Chrono Q Clepsydra

Overpowered Genius

13,790 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Married 100

Punkology

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:53 pm
Wow, you guys really know how to blow up a topic in the course of a couple of days.

No matter what you guys do, I hope you choose something that'll make you guys happy, for what it's worth. I'd normally advise against "one more round," because it seems like the guild is getting to the point that the bartender has left and given the keys to the patrons that don't wanna stop drinking. But eventually, the drinks run out, and someone's gotta close up shop.

But, I've also been the one saying "WWF:G will finally give out this year", for about... 3-4 years at least? After all, even though I've quit being active, I still check in at least every other week out of habit.

I've been proven wrong at every turn, so hell, I won't be gambling on you guys giving up just yet. But I will say, a fresh scene at this point might help out more than simply rehashing what's already been established. Could make a new guild; could just rebrand WWF:G completely and start from scratch. You'd keep your legacies nearby, but treat it as a whole new entity. New titles, new everything. Start small.

Just a thought, of course.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:23 pm
Punkology
Wow, you guys really know how to blow up a topic in the course of a couple of days.

No matter what you guys do, I hope you choose something that'll make you guys happy, for what it's worth. I'd normally advise against "one more round," because it seems like the guild is getting to the point that the bartender has left and given the keys to the patrons that don't wanna stop drinking. But eventually, the drinks run out, and someone's gotta close up shop.

But, I've also been the one saying "WWF:G will finally give out this year", for about... 3-4 years at least? After all, even though I've quit being active, I still check in at least every other week out of habit.

I've been proven wrong at every turn, so hell, I won't be gambling on you guys giving up just yet. But I will say, a fresh scene at this point might help out more than simply rehashing what's already been established. Could make a new guild; could just rebrand WWF:G completely and start from scratch. You'd keep your legacies nearby, but treat it as a whole new entity. New titles, new everything. Start small.

HEY LOOK EVERYBODY! IT'S MATT SHANAHAN!  

WhosBadNowBoys1

Chrono Q Clepsydra

Overpowered Genius

13,790 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:30 am
Punkology

Could make a new guild; could just rebrand WWF:G completely and start from scratch. You'd keep your legacies nearby, but treat it as a whole new entity. New titles, new everything. Start small.

We did that 9 years ago lololol

A reason why the WWFG Eurocontinental Championship and all of FG's title history (I mean cause storyline wise, Miranda never lost ownership of FG, (nor was it never addressed at all when Brad owned FG or Cart owning it) and she ended up giving it to Chrono. It was a nice story) is in EWA  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:25 pm
Chrono Q Clepsydra
Punkology

Could make a new guild; could just rebrand WWF:G completely and start from scratch. You'd keep your legacies nearby, but treat it as a whole new entity. New titles, new everything. Start small.

We did that 9 years ago lololol

A reason why the WWFG Eurocontinental Championship and all of FG's title history (I mean cause storyline wise, Miranda never lost ownership of FG, (nor was it never addressed at all when Brad owned FG or Cart owning it) and she ended up giving it to Chrono. It was a nice story) is in EWA

Okay, that was 9 years ago. What's your point? If they wanted to do it now, they could.  

Punkology

Chrono Q Clepsydra

Overpowered Genius

13,790 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:50 pm
No point really. It was just something we did 9 years ago.
For reasons.

If they want to make WWEG or WWFG3 or SEG whatever
By all means.  
WWF:G Corporate Headquarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out