Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:39 pm
Quote:
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - Weyrling of Gold Mictecath

The sun was warm on her hide, making the pale gold gleam in the burgeoning spring day. Nyara admired her as she laid out a blanket on a grassy space, away from the hustle and bustle of the Weyr. The relative peace was nice, silent save for the distant cries of wherries and gulls, and the occasional bugle and trumpet of a dragon.

Not all was well, though, for Mic’s eyes held hints of red, and her tail lashed the air as though possessed by an angry spirit. I cannot believe, cannot begin to entertain… A growl accompanied her words as she managed, in all of her queenly prim and properness, to curl up and occupy a single corner of the blanket (the rest of her sprawled upon the grass). Nyara reached out mentally, soothing her growing frustration. I understand, but it is what it is. We can’t do much as we are now…

Surely my granddam would understand… I must appeal to Eveleth… Mictecath muttered, drawing a few long furrows in the ground. It helped with the surge of anger. Well, maybe they’ll be amenable soon… give it time, love. Give it time. We’ll change things someday- you’ll see.

The dragon gave a sigh, turning her head slightly so her eye was level with the small picnic basket. Nyara laughed; “hungry already, dearest?” she asked, as she pulled it towards her and began to unpack its contents.

It wouldn’t be a tea party without tea and cake. Of this, I have been assured. Some of the Weyr children told me that is exactly how a tea party goes. Sometimes, Mictecath got some very strange notions into her head. This was one of the sweeter, less stubborn ones. Nyara set out human sized cups and plates, poured some juice into them (hot klah seemed like a bad idea when transported a-dragonback), and withdrew a whole bubbly pie. “Look, I even persuaded a cook to give us this.” Mic gave a small croon, inhaling deeply. It was still faintly warm, the heady scent of sweet berries and golden crust causing rider to drool (it wasn't the wonderful meat of herdbeast or wherry, but Mic appreciated it for her rider's sake anyways).

Dearest Rixth, are you there? It’s your Mictecath... The young queen lifted her head skyward, letting her thoughts reach out into the mental space between dragons. Meanwhile, Nyara leaned against her dragon’s side, resting her head and shutting her eyes as a gentle breeze danced through the air. It would be a long afternoon filled with dragon chatter, if Mictecath had anything to say about it. She wondered, for a moment, if Rixth was forcing Thren to take ‘tea’ as well? Mic had certainly been quite insistent...

Smerdle
Hope this works for you! Let me know if you want anything changed! ^^

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:48 pm
Rixth was as close as he could get to High Reaches without causing a ruckus, which as it turned out, was not very close at all. He was as frustrated as Mictecath about the situation they found themselves in, though it was that same gold's voice that pushed the frustration away, the flecks of irritated orange that swam in his eyes replaced by a deep, contented blue.

Mictecath! Always the greatest of delights to hear from you! How is your Nyaranau? Thren is here as well. He says hello. The man was present, to his credit, though he was uncharacteristically silent. When Rixth said his name, he raised a small wooden cup with a delicately carved handle into the air.

We found some of your tiny cups! Thren is drinking out of one right now. It wasn't made of glass and the liquid inside certainly wasn't klah, but it was the thought that counted.

Sweet Symmetry
yaaaaaaaaaaaaas

Smerdle

Scamp

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:56 am
Smerdle
heart

Rixth, my dearest uncle! I am so glad you are well, and safe, and happy! Her voice blossomed with excitement and eagerness, ever the hatchling around her parents-and-uncle. My Nyara is well! Nyara-dear, Thren says hello! The gold bent her head to nuzzle her rider, the sudden movement rousing the young woman from her half-sundaze. Huh, what now? Oh, Thren! How is he? Is he having as much fun as we are? Are they well? How are they managing with Fall, lately? There was a pause as Mictecath lifted her head once more, eyes gleaming blue-green. My Nyara and I would like to know if you and Thren are well, too? Fall has been a little difficult lately- are you two staying safe? Oh how badly she wished they were here, instead of over there… wherever there was.

It was away. That was all it was, really. Somewhere else. Away from her and their family. The pain twisted in her hearts a little, and she took a moment to push it away. Nyara laid a gentle hand on her muzzle, petting her whilst sending silent waves of comfort and affection.

At the mention of cups, Mic laughed loudly, her good spirits returning. She was appreciative that both rider and dragon had gone such effort to have a tea party as well. Nyara also has one! I think it has some juice in it, that humans make out of fruit... She seemed thoughtful, as though both amused and perplexed that humans turned it into fruit. Wouldn’t it be better just to… eat it? We found a pie, too. I might hunt a herdbeast later, because I think my rider might eat all of the pie herself...

Hey, not all of it! Rixth and Thren are going to think I’m some sweetness-craving pie-fiend.

Mic laughed again, a bright, tinkling sound that filled the air itself with joy.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:04 pm
A pie? Rixth sat taller, all of his attention far away. That sounds... well, it sounds like a very small snack. He chuckled. I fully support your decision to hunt, but not until you're sick of talking to me. The bronze was close to babbling with excitement, his hope of appearing as some refined and worldly explorer barely keeping a cap on it.

You shouldn't worry about us though! Thren is friendly with a few other riders who keep us ahead of Threadfall. And he's doing well! Very busy. If Rixth's voice held the faintest hint of sarcasm, neither he nor Thren acknowledged it. The man sipped his wine, nudging his dragon's leg as he swallowed.

Ask Nyara how it is at High Reaches. Not how often Thread falls or how metallic riders are treated, but how it feels. Do people make time to be themselves?

All right, so maybe Thren had acknowledged his disdain. That was the closest the man had come to expressing interest in weyr life since they had lived in one. But how to ask something like that when they were barely out of pleasantries? It seemed awfully heavy.

Thren would like to know if Nyaranau is finding that riders at High Reaches are happy. He's curious if you have much downtime and what you're allowed to do with it.

Thren nodded, even though Rixth's eyes were fixed on the sky.

Sweet Symmetry

Smerdle

Scamp

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas