Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Is getting easily offended Christian?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prophet of Holy Fire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:43 am
Did Jesus teach us to be easily offended?

The Bible makes it clear that you can't serve two masters. So being a liberal and a Christian then? You can't be both. sweatdrop either your a Christian or your not there is no middle. Therefore being easily and fasely offended isn't Christian. That means whoever is a liberal can't be both.

But then of course the liberal will cry "Why not?"

The answer to that is simple. To be a Christian you first need to be forgiven. The only way to be forgiven is to admit that you are wrong. Seeing the fact that the liberal media was wrong and doubled down and all liberals follow that they can't be Christian.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:51 pm
Can you be Christian and conservative? After all you can’t serve two masters. Either you serve the kingdom of God or the kingdoms of men. Sorry, Im being facetious.

Are Christians in China also republicans or democrats? 🤔

Idk, I find all of this back and forth very silly. I find it easy to recognize that a humans belief systems are formed through a filter of their lifes expriences and no two are ever going to be carbon copies, there is a lot of grey area to be found in people that support either branch.

I found Jesus Untangled: Crucifying Our Politics to Pledge Aligence to the Lamb by Keith Giles to be challenging but very interesting and thought provoking stuff.  

11 Cardinal 11

Prophet of Holy Fire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:25 pm
The reality that the Bible makes it clear that you can't serve two masters. Also it teaches us that you can't judge others. It seems that people are calling themselves Christian and have no understanding what Christianity is.

I would think that that would be offensive to God.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:15 am
I think the word I am looking for here is Hipocrite. Jesus used that word to explain the Leaders of that day. Say but does something else.  

Prophet of Holy Fire

cristobela
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:51 am
Considering that the matter has been sufficiently answered—even agreement that loyalty should be pledged to Jesus Christ gaia_crown not any worldly political leader, party, group and to the philosophies they hold (considering they all deviate somewhere from the written Word of God)—I'll be locking this topic to prevent it devolving into something disruptive.

As an aside, on the subject of judging, to prevent people from walking away with an erroneous/incomplete thought:

• 1 Corinthians 6:3 (NIV)

3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

• 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 (NIV)

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”[a]

Footnotes:

a. 1 Corinthians 5:13 Deut. 13:5; 17:7; 19:19; 21:21; 22:21,24; 24:7

With respect to judging, there is a proper procedure and protocol to follow in accordance with Christ's every Command. And our jurisdiction is over believers, God's kingdom, which eventually will include angels (e.g. casting them into the lake of fire; though arguably, we're already judging them in the sense of casting out demons—and those who act like them—out from amongst us).

If we were a sovereign nation, one where the courts were actually submitted to YHWH's Commands as the Law of the land—thus where only the worship of YHWH is allowed (no idols, no other gods, no "free exercise of religion", but just the worship of YHWH allowed, as is Commanded in His Law)—as it is written, then we'd have jurisdiction to judge the stranger living amongst us by the same laws too.

Otherwise, that judging / condemnation of behavior, by His Laws, is limited to our congregations (where two or three believers gather). YHWH will deal with those outside the Body (and those claiming to be of the Body but are acting in disaccord with what is written) for their criminality/lawless behavior/sins outside the church / outside the set-apart body of believers once we expel them from amongst us (since they refuse to repent), be it through [1] their own courts/standards or [2] judged by natural calamities (the natural consequence of their sinful choices, or natural disaster, tragic events, natural circumstances that He orchestrates against them on purpose to judge them).

• Ezekiel 7:27 (NIV)

27 The king will mourn,
            the prince will be clothed with despair,
            and the hands of the people of the land will tremble.
        I will deal with them according to their conduct,
            and by their own standards I will judge them.
              “‘Then they will know that I am the Lord.’”

• Ezekiel 14:21 (NIV)

21 “For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: How much worse will it be when I send against Jerusalem my four dreadful judgments—sword and famine and wild beasts and plague—to kill its men and their animals!

• Luke 13:1-5 (NIV)

13 Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

• Proverbs 11:31 (NIV)

31 If the righteous receive their due on earth, how much more the ungodly and the sinner!

As hinted at above, He does the same with so-called Israelites who won't submit to His Standards fully.

• 1 Corinthians 11:29-31 (NIV)

29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

Jew or Gentile—or however you decide to label yourself—whatever you're doing that He dislikes, stop it, or you're storing up wrath against yourself which will unleash as judgment, whether it comes through the mouth of one of His sentient creations or the rebuke of the natural circumstances around you.

• Romans 2:5-11 (NIV)

5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.”[a] 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Footnotes:

a. Romans 2:6 Psalm 62:12; Prov. 24:12

• Romans 2:29 (NIV)

29 No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.

The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games