Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Why am I not able to post >?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prophet of Holy Fire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 am
In my thread I posted "Is getting easily offended Christian?"

To that "Since I can't post there"

To Cristobela : Then Hatting Trump in any way is wrong>?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:46 am
I love the fact that as Christians we have to respect and treat everyone as equal no matter what colour tie they put on or where they are on the line.

Paul made it clear that there is no jew nor greek - nor gentile nor free or slave but all and all in Christ Jesus -

Yes we are free but to shut someone down because you disagree with them or dont like the colour of their tie is wrong - Banning people is wrong. and shutting them up is equal to Hitler's ideas  

Prophet of Holy Fire

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:02 pm
That thread was locked because we all agree that Christ is to be served above all else. Any continued discussions could end up as off-topic disputes.

Also yes, according to the Bible, hating anyone is wrong. We are to love everyone, whether they be friends or enemies.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:28 pm
OtakuKat
That thread was locked because we all agree that Christ is to be served above all else. Any continued discussions could end up as off-topic disputes.

Also yes, according to the Bible, hating anyone is wrong. We are to love everyone, whether they be friends or enemies.

We can have a simple conversation - If not then we are lying to oursleves and others -

Then why am I being locked out of posting>? Jesus is all and all and I do agree but to lock or ban anyone because you disagree with them is wrong. It is lying their is no trying to spin this - If you cant hold your own then what you have is a lie and not Jesus or the Bible-  

Prophet of Holy Fire

Prophet of Holy Fire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:31 pm
Bible thumping is not making fun of someone - I stated a fact - That most people learn when they are young in the Bible - you cant go around thumping people with the Bible you must LIVE IT not just copy and paste it to throw it at someone  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:52 pm
Look it is simple people - Repent and believe in Jesus Christ with your WHOLE Heart - That means that you DIE - (Death is fun aint it >?)
Romans 6:1-12

How is this a thorn in your side>? Are you so set on having both poison and healing that you are ok with killing your own brother>?

Kill me as you do - Tell me that I am an awful person because I disagree with you. But remember you do not kill me alone.

Jesus Loves you and You are killing people that our on your side - My guess is that you STOP!!

To block someone who is a christian or to stop them from talking as you have proves your lack of Jesus and proves you to be a lair.

Gnashing of teeth and the words "I never knew you." Is a scary place to be.

Block me
ban me
lock my posts
As you have done to those before me-

Just because you can't say that you are wrong and that you are sorry in repentance- That means you cant repent and that questions your Christianity and your relationship with God.

IT REALLY DOES!!

I know Swordsman of God Aka Giovanni loves you guys and I am here because he asked me to keep an eye on you since you blocked him with no real reason or respect to him. I mean you straight out disrespected him.
He wouldn't tell me this at first do to you.

Instead of crying in a corner and had to have a "safe place" he prayed for you and moved on. I know him in rl and have known him for years- He is a great dad to his kids and he is a good teacher and street preacher, but for you to disrespect my brother like that and not acknowledge why. I call that Cowardness.

Have some back bone about yourself and be honest with yourself and others  

Prophet of Holy Fire

cristobela
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:32 pm
Please take your grievances against the guild captain's decision to ban certain members (who violated guild rules, or Commands, and this guild's aim to promote peaceable, gentle discussion with respect to Scripture) with the guild captain himself. Same for any problems you perceive to have with a moderator.

Rules & Guidelines Revisited
Quote:
5. [...] If you have an issue with a moderator present your case in an orderly respectful manner to the guild Captain.

This guild's aim is to study the Scriptures and know them for the purpose of applying. No one has said nor shown otherwise.

I'm locking this topic because you're violating guild rules and acting in disregard of the purpose of the public forums in the guild (sincere Scripture study, prayer requests, sharing Biblical advice when asked or asking for said Biblical advice, praise of YHWH, edifying each other in the faith).

Banning is the same as expelling a person from the congregation when they refuse to repent after being corrected by the church and they refuse. By disagreeing with the concept of banning/expelling, you're not just disagreeing with mere guild rules, but Christ Himself who gave the proper procedures for how to correct sin, and remove from amongst us those who refuse to correct the violating behavior within themselves.

Please stop subverting the decisions of guild moderators. Aside from faithfully serving Christ, the decisions we make are for the purpose of aiding organized discussion and staying on topic.

• Hebrews 13:17 (NIV)

17 Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:53 pm
I am not terribly interested in airing this out in public since a ban is between him and me and the in-guild rules, but reasons were given in an message he received when he was banned. Whether he wants to share those reasons with you is up to him, but I won't since this doesn't really concern anyone but the crew.

It is everyone's duty when joining to make sure they adhere to the guild rules. Failure to so can as stated in the rules result in a banning. The rules are there for a reason. Any gathering of people need rules. I see the number of rules Paul gave to the first churches as an example to follow when running this guild, which is to be considered a congregation since it is a gathering of believers. None of the rules in the Rules & Guidelines are unreasonable.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

cristobela
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:24 pm
If this is really so pressing that we cannot have peace if it isn't addressed, then for the purpose of edifying with the truth and fostering what leads to mutual peace, I will respond to this here:

Prophet of Holy Fire
In my thread I posted "Is getting easily offended Christian?"

To that "Since I can't post there"

To Cristobela : Then Hatting Trump in any way is wrong>?

I thought it could be discerned from everything else I've stated in conversation with Swordsman of God and in your topic, and from Scripture itself, but allow me to make it clear as crystal:

If your question is: if it's wrong to hate him in any way? Then no.

• Psalm 45:7 (NIV)

7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
            therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
            by anointing you with the oil of joy.

• Nehemiah 1:7 (NIV)

7 We have acted very wickedly toward you. We have not obeyed the commands, decrees and laws you gave your servant Moses.

• Proverbs 29:27 (NIV)

27 The righteous detest the dishonest;
              the wicked detest the upright.

Whatever is wicked in Trump—like in any other creature—and deviating from the Commands, I do not defend and will hate.

Whatever is righteous in Trump—just like anyone/anything else—righteous in line with the Commands (not people's opinions), that I will love.

It's that simple.

I'm not here for Donald J. Trump, but Jesus Christ, submitting to the Word of God, and, if I need to (because they cross my path and affects who I will be fellowshipping with or interacting with [including with those under my care]), sincere assessment of sin in an individual regardless of their title or group affiliation, or level of prestige in society. I don't need to make judgments about Donald Trump beyond that; I don't witness the things he does.

Nor do I care for controversies (political or otherwise).

• 1 Timothy 6:4 (NIV)

4 they are conceited and understand nothing. They have an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions

Topics of that subject will not attract my attention.

That said,

Peace be with you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:32 pm
And I would like to add that malicious talk is saying someone should be executed... It is not the proper way for us to deal with people whether they are christian or not. We are told to pray for them. If you perceive someone as an enemy or someone who has been criminally negligent then our instinct should be to attempt to correct the person then pray for the person.

Matthew 5:43-48 New International Version

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

God doesn't take pleasure in the death of the wicked. He wants the wicked to turn from their wickedness and live.

Ezekiel 18:23 New King James Version
23 Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?” says the Lord God, “and not that he should turn from his ways and live?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces