Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Bible Study
The False Prophet and Satan's Counterfeit Trinity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:47 am
Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.
Revelation 13:11–12, NIV

This beast is the False Prophet, the right–hand man of the Antichrist. As Satan continues his malicious masquerade, he will complete an unholy trinity. Just as God is a trinity, so will Satan be. His program will counterfeit God's program. Satan's answer to the Son of God will be the Antichrist.

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:25 pm
Three things:

[1] fact-checking about the Holy Spirit's main aim, to be clear:

• John 16:7-13 (NIV)

7 But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Convicting about what is truly sin, as Jesus taught as it is written in the Word of God (Truth), clearly proving what is sin, seems to be His main, number one concern (e.g. this is wrong, violating, turn away from it), like Jesus did (in agreement with the Father), but they refuse to believe Him. Instead of bodily Jesus, only manifesting bodily at one point, He comes as Spirit so that many at once can hear Him not limited by the physical capacity in a synagogue, or a shoreline having to preach at them from a boat, but inside us.

• 1 John 3:4 (NIV)

4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness.

• Romans 8:7-10 (NIV)

7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life[a] because of righteousness.

Footnotes:

a. Romans 8:10 Or you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive

---

[2] I highly suspect that it's something like artificial intelligence (if not that itself), not the real breath of God, that will give an image "breath"—ability to move and speak, unlike images/idols regularly do, especially if it can "think" on its own.

• Revelation 13:15 (NIV)

15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed.

• Jeremiah 51:17 (NIV)

17 “Everyone is senseless and without knowledge;
            every goldsmith is shamed by his idols.
        The images he makes are a fraud;
            they have no breath in them.

It's an illusion of "breath of life" and it will be peddling false doctrine (deduced from this: if the first beast spoke proud words, and this image is made in the first beast's honor, then so does the image speak proud words; proud words don't humbly submit to YHWH, the truth, but is sinful).

• Nehemiah 9:29 (KJV)

29 And testifiedst against them, that thou mightest bring them again unto thy law: yet they dealt proudly, and hearkened not unto thy commandments, but sinned against thy judgments, (which if a man do, he shall live in them;) and withdrew the shoulder, and hardened their neck, and would not hear.

• Psalm 59:12 (NIV)

12 For the sins of their mouths,
        for the words of their lips,
        let them be caught in their pride.
        For the curses and lies they utter,

• Habakkuk 2:18 (NIV)

18 “Of what value is an idol carved by a craftsman?
            Or an image that teaches lies?
        For the one who makes it trusts in his own creation;
            he makes idols that cannot speak.

Many "moving images" do this today, but this moving image in particular seems to have the ability to "recognize" and "execute decisions"...  on its own.

[3] About this...

Quote:
    Satan has his six … but God is seven. The old counterfeiter will never be able to fool all of the people all of the time, only some. …

Only some? If the way is narrow and few find it, then Satan will fool the majority, not "only some". Like the one prophet (Micaiah) vs. all of Ahab's prophets in the northern kingdom of Israel (that held the majority number of tribes) i.e. 1 Kings 22.

Or like Elijah vs. the 450 prophets of Baal and 400 prophets of Asherah in the northern kingdom of Israel (under Jezebel's rule, Ahab's wife) i.e. 1 Kings 18, again the majority of the so-called "set-apart" (holy) nation even. "Believers" / "Israel". Not only some, but majority.

In Elijah's case, it was evident they weren't of YHWH, but openly coming in Baal and Asherah's name. However, and more deceptively, in Micaiah's situation, they were preaching and prophesying in YHWH's Name, not Baal, not Asherah. Even their very names e.g. "Zedekiah"; Zedek + Yah = Yah is righteousness — just verified it, and interesting concordance entry #:[H6667]; the Hebrew of 1 Kings 22:11.

• 1 Kings 22:8 (NIV)

8 The king of Israel answered Jehoshaphat, “There is still one prophet through whom we can inquire of the Lord, but I hate him because he never prophesies anything good about me, but always bad. He is Micaiah son of Imlah.”

“The king should not say such a thing,” Jehoshaphat replied.

• 1 Kings 22:11-14 (NIV)

11 Now Zedekiah son of Kenaanah had made iron horns and he declared, “This is what the Lord says: ‘With these you will gore the Arameans until they are destroyed.’”

12 All the other prophets were prophesying the same thing. “Attack Ramoth Gilead and be victorious,” they said, “for the Lord will give it into the king’s hand.”

13 The messenger who had gone to summon Micaiah said to him, “Look, the other prophets without exception are predicting success for the king. Let your word agree with theirs, and speak favorably.”

14 But Micaiah said, “As surely as the Lord lives, I can tell him only what the Lord tells me.”

• 1 Kings 22:15-18 (NIV)

15 When he arrived, the king asked him, “Micaiah, shall we go to war against Ramoth Gilead, or not?”

“Attack and be victorious,” he answered, “for the Lord will give it into the king’s hand.”

16 The king said to him, “How many times must I make you swear to tell me nothing but the truth in the name of the Lord?”

17 Then Micaiah answered, “I saw all Israel scattered on the hills like sheep without a shepherd, and the Lord said, ‘These people have no master. Let each one go home in peace.’”

18 The king of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, “Didn’t I tell you that he never prophesies anything good about me, but only bad?”

Their (our) numbers will be so few that we feel like we're the only one left and feel the pressure to conform to what they're saying. That's not "only some" deceived. That's the majority of—forget the world—even the so-called "believing" nation who calls themselves by YHWH's Name deceived.

Because they refuse to believe the truth.

• John 17:17 (NIV)

17 Sanctify them by[a] the truth; your word is truth.

Footnotes:

a. John 17:17 Or them to live in accordance with

• Psalm 119:43 (NIV)

43 Never take your word of truth from my mouth,
            for I have put my hope in your laws.

• Leviticus 19:4 (NIV)

4 “‘Do not turn to idols or make metal gods for yourselves. I am the Lord your God.

The so-called believers who reject this, and follow moving images (even sentient robots?) above what the Word of God actually says/Commands, they're lawless, won't (and don't) believe the Spirit Christ when He tells them to turn from these wicked ways, from what is sin. They start submitting to the idols' "decisions" and divination/predictions in place of the Word of YHWH, what He tells you is right to do in a particular circumstance. They'll fall for the deception. The majority will. Satan and his angels lead the whole world astray (Revelation 12:9).

He may have been playing on the quote attributed to Abraham Lincoln, "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."[source], however Abe Lincoln isn't Scripture. And he's making doctrinal claims in this article. We should guard against mixing Truth with "popular American sayings" that conflict with what the totality of Scripture is conveying. He will deceive the majority, not only deceive some.

cristobela
Vice Captain

Bible Study

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces