Reply [IC RP] Holds & Halls
[Search] Cooking up a search...or....{Jaiyce x Vosin} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Milady Emerald

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:20 pm
The light of the rising sun speared Jaiyce's eyes as though the sun was rising and had a personal vendetta to take out against HIM especially. That or he was nursing another bit of a hangover- he'd been out drinking and partying last night. He did live in Rivercrest after all, so it was rather what was expected of one. Either way yesterday was his free day and he spent it being as free as possible- and paid for it today. This day he was to be working on his baking skills. Which for most cooks might be a pleasent day. But for Jaiyce......not so much. It wasn't that he lacked the know how, he could follow a recipie, but so could any boring old cook. It was just better sometimes to spice things up, literally. Of course as the Master cook would tell him, baking was a delicate balance and that he simply couldn’t come barreling in like a wild animal in the pottery shop.

So it was with a great sigh and a heave ho that Jaiyce pulled himself out of bed, shot a glare towards the suns’ murderous rays which shone cheerfully on ignoring him, and began the long process of finding clothes. Thankfully he was not going out so he didn’t have to look as presentable. Even so he spend some time making sure his hair was just so in the looking glass, and that the seams on his tights were perfectly straight up the back, and things sat just so on his athletic figure. Which of course they didn’t want to do as he’d been enjoying too much of his own cooking lately and things weren’t fitting as well as they once had say three turns ago when….-NO! He firmly inserted the word like a brick into that line of thinking. Thinking about HER got him nowhere. So instead he turned and headed for work, without tying his left boot fully so it tangled and he fell halfway down the street. With a grumble he picked himself up, forcefully tied the offensive lacing, and continued to work somewhat cowed.

He rounded the back of the hostel he was working today, and headed for the kitchens. He paused here and there to give a slap of a palm, a pat on the shoulder or exchanging mock punches with people he knew. It was as though he was trying to delay as he stopped and asked the older washer woman how her grandson faired. Winning her over with his smile she answered then shooed him off towards the baking area. Stepping into it he managed to stumble a little and kick a bag of flour which billowed upwards and engulfed his right knee. “ahh, its one of those days” he muttered to no one in particular. And then he settled in to work under the watchful eye of the Master cook.

Time passed and it was getting on for early afternoon when the Cook allowed him to deviate from exactly what the cook wanted and have a lil fun, and make his own meal. He was playing with adding some spices to turn the sweet crepe like batter into something rather more savory, that would go lovely with the meat he’d been smelling roasting all day from the other side of the kitchen and using them together he made a series of pies, popped them in the oven and began to clean up as he awaited them being done. The smell was heavenly and he couldn’t help but take in a lungfull of air now and again to simply enjoy the cooking smells.  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:02 pm
Milady Emerald

User Image

While Killakeeth was living up the high life, the center of attention, Vosin was dreading the inevitable. Soon enough Killakeeth would clutch and she'd be stuck at the weyr until the eggs hatched. That part she dreaded the most. It wouldn't be for quite some time yet, but anticipation only made it worst for the young woman.

Vosin tried to find things to do to keep her mind occupied, but it continued to gnaw at her while she washed and oiled the large dragon. Do not let it bother you Vosin. It is not like it'll be forever. Come let's go some place. No, but it'll feel like forever. Are you sure you can tear yourself away from your secret admirers? For the gold had positioned herself for best viewing by those she was sure were lurking just to view her.

But of course. They know I will return, plus I will adored wherever I go. Killakeeth heaved herself from her wallow and allowed her relieved rider to place her straps. While it might be too early for any real signs of pregnancy to be showing, Killakeeth had acquired a peculiar burnished gold appearance that signaled her status. Vosin quickly mounted up, eager to be out. Thank goodness dragons didn't get morning sickness, right?

Let's go to Rivercrest. It was probably late or early enough that she could get dinner somewhere and give Killakeeth time to view the crowds. Vosin also knew that the gold loved nothing more than Searching while pregnant. Indeed, for what potential candidate could say no to the gold that might be carrying their future dragon. Killakeeth sounded smug as she took the the air, and Vosin laughed.

Barely a hop between saw them shadowing Rivercrest with her large afternoon shadow. To make sure none missed her entrance, the gold gave a trumpet to mark her arrival. Show off. I am only telling them a Queen has arrived. Vosin snorted as her dragon picked a square to land and drop her off. "Find yourself a good spot."

The best spot of course. Vosin sensed her debating laying in the field so people could approach and bask in her glory. If you lay in the dirt you'll get muddy and I just washed you. They won't be so thrilled if you drop clods of mud on their heads when you take off. Killakeeth harrumphed and went to land on a low fireheight.

Vosin smiled to herself, swinging her thick red braid over her shoulder. Now, to fill her belly. She'd learned the best way to do that was to follow her nose. Nor did it lead her astray. In fact it led her to the back door of a bakery. Vosin leaned against the door frame as she inhaled deeply with her eyes closed. She had no idea what it was, but it smelled divine. Her eyes opened as she searched the interior for the cook. "Hallo in there!"

magnadearel

Milady Emerald

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:08 pm
Jaiyce timed the pies baking time perfectly. The lunch rush having finished and the dinner rush not yet started he had time to be languid in his enjoyment of his culinary creation. Most of the kitchen staff was off on break, and he'd just pulled the pies out and set them down to cool when the trumpet of a dragon split the air. He startled slightly at the sound, not that it was unusual or unexpected just he was more aware of it today. Shrugging he finished the dishes up while the pies cooled.

Turning and removing the sopping apron he hung it to dry then nearly jumped out of his skin as a voice rang out. Jaiyce turned and too fast on the now somewhat slippery floor and barely managed to catch himself from going headfirst into the suds draining sink. With a quiet curse to himself he righted and turned to see who had called out.

"Good day to you, may I ask what your business is?" He queried as he walked toward the open door. The figure was back lit so he couldn't see much, and he self conciously dusted flour off his trousers as he prepared to send a customer around front, or an errand boy to set a delivery down. He'd just wanted to eat his pie!

Stepping up to the door he turned slightly so the light would catch him at best advantage, out of habit more than anything else really, But it set his high cheekbones off to perfection, and made his silvery eyes appear to glint in the sunlight. A figure cut sure to make any errand boy cow without need of words.
magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:28 pm
Milady Emerald

She hadn't meant to startle the young man. Vos was impressed when he managed to keep himself from tipping over into the suds after she'd surprised him. My my. What have you found there Vosin? Killakeeth watched with interest through her rider's eyes. Vos quietly hushed the nosy gold.

"Not much actually. I just wondered if I might be able to purchase one of whatever smells so good from here." Ooohhh, she breathed mentally to her dragon. I might have found something worth looking at. She teased the gold. Not bad, not bad I suppose. She could feel Killakeeth evaluating him.

Now. Time to set him in his place. Vosin moved so the light lit up her features. Her long red braid, her bright green eyes, the dusting of freckles across her face, and of course, her gold rider knots. "So what do you say? Think I could purchase one from you?"

User Image

magnadearel

Milady Emerald

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:42 pm
Standing tall coming in at just above 6 foot Jaiyce had been willowy when younger but now had more meat on his bones from enjoying his own, and others, fine cooking. As the, apparently woman, spoke asking to buy what smelled nice he prepared to send her on her way round to the front of the bakery.

As he stepped forward he found he was looking down off the end of his button nose when the figure at the door shifted, cocking a hip and letting the sunlight caress her face. And he'd be damned if this wasn't a pleasing surprise.His eyes traveled down from deep red windswept hair to bangs perfectly framing the most gorgeous green eyes he'd seen, on quite a fair face, the adorable freckles, and then his gaze followed the braid down to the- GOLD rider knots.

Jaiyce swallowed hard, quickly putting the trumpet with the rider and the knots and then the words that followed.

"I, well, as much as I would enjoy letting you purchase one I'm afraid that the head of the bakery- that is to say the Master Cook overseeing me would be quite cross were I to do that." He couldn't help but pause a moment to build some tension. "That said though, what you happen to be smelling is my lunch and I'd happily.... shall we say.....exchange one for some company eating?" He tossed the offer out like the hook it was, and waited to see what he reeled back in- knowing he was playing with fire a bit as she wore the gold.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:54 pm
Milady Emerald

He was nice and tall, and judging from his size rather good at cooking too. Vosin grinned with a c**k of her head. Ooh do play with this one a little more. Killakeeth whispered. "That's too bad about your Master. He could really make some marks off of this dish if it's as good as it smells."

She did flush when he mentioned it was his own lunch. "I'm so sorry, I wouldn't want to deprive you of your lunch." If her twin had been here, Ves should surely have realized by coming to the back door there might not be a lot of whatever was cooking. It wasn't as if it was normal fare sold here. Vos wouldn't want to deprive anyone of their lunch. "I'm sure I could find something else, but I would love some company."

magnadearel

Milady Emerald

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:00 pm
He couldn't help but notice the way her features lit up as she grinned, and he deliberately dropped his gaze back down to those gold rider knots to try and rein himself in.

"Oh, its better than it smells" He boasted -'or so I hope' he added to himself. " And Im sure if the Master were here he'd gladly take your marks, but its just me......" He trailed off as she started to apologize and a slow grin spread over his features, showing off his strong jaw line and brightening his eyes.

"Its ok, you arent depriving me, Smart cooks make extra!" He nodded emphatically and stepped back to gesture her into the kitchen area where six pies were clearly visible resting on a slab to cool. " So no need to find something else, since you said you're good with company-" his lips twitched into a smile and he turned so his dark braided back hair swung round and as he walked back he pulled two plates out of seemingly nowhere, plated two pies, along with a container of some delicious savory/spicey brown sauce.

Turning much more carefully this time he held one of the plates and with a flourish- of his other hand of course, Offered the plate to the lovely lady who had literally stumbled into the kitchen 'GOLD rider knots' he thought hard at himself. "Please join me?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:19 pm
Milady Emerald

He must be dedicated to his master, she mused. Most people probably wouldn't turn down marks even if their master wasn't present. "Well I was offering them to you since you are the owner of the pies. Of course you could always pass a little along to your master if it means that much to you." Vos teased gently.

Before she could turn to leave though, she was quickly reassured there was plenty. Vosin grinned back and gave a cheeky wink. "That's what I count on!" Thus invited, she entered the kitchen. This could certainly be entertaining. Green eyes danced as he offered the plate with a flourish. "Bit of a show man eh?" She chuckled as she took the plate and settled herself into a seat. In a corner of her mind she could feel her dragon thinking.

Vosin took a couple minutes to savor the first bites. "Mmmmm this is great! You do your master proud. I'm Vosin of Killakeeth, I don't think I introduced myself before." I like him Vosin. I want him for my clutch. Killakeeth suddenly, if nonchalantly, said to her. Vosin nearly dropped her plate in surprise. She gave a smile as she recovered. What? Really? You're not going to tell him yourself like usual? She cast a sideways glance at him. Oh boy oh boy.

magnadearel

Milady Emerald

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:29 pm
"What I'd like to pass onto my Master is your compliments, M'lady" he said in reply to her teasing. And to his chagrin at her wink a light flush stained his face, and watched her set herself down and take a bite. Clearly she was quite fearless, not even asking what was in the dish- and his flush darkened at her praise.

"Thank you most kindly" He said with a slight bow of his head as he accepted the compliment. " Pleasure to make you're aqcuaintaince Vosin, and greetings to your Killakeeth as well,my name is Jaiyce- and....'' he noticed her nearly drop her plate "steady- everything ok?" He asked at the sideways glance.

His flush faded with his concern for her. And he couldn't help but wonder if he'd done something wrong, as he rarely interacted with the riders or dragons. But with his luck he'd like messed up already. He kicked himself mentally because this had been going well, and maybe just maybe impressing a Gold Rider with his simple lunch might be enough to get the Master to let him Walk the Tables......
magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:41 pm
Milady Emerald

"You can certainly do that," she murmured. Thinking, if I don't whisk you off the weyr first. "I'm glad to meet you Jaiyce." Vosin nodded and took some time to eat more of her pie, glancing at him occasionally. It really was delicious. She hoped he'd come to the weyr and cook more yummy things. Half way through eating her pie she set her fork down and wiped her lips.

She cleared her throat softly. Vos hadn't meant to leave him hanging for so long, but she needed time to organize her thoughts. "Uh yes, everything is alright for me. But I'm probably about to turn your world upside down Jaiyce. How would you like to come to the Weyr?" Green eyes focused solely on him earnestly.

If he was super happy here, he may not want to come. Killakeeth would be disappointed, but it was his choice ultimately. They could only offer the chance. Vos felt her dragon rumbling in her mind and bid her wait.

magnadearel

Milady Emerald

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:03 pm
Jayice was stubborn but something told him to hold off, and after all the gold rider was QUITE lovely. So he let her light remark go by and allowed the lovely to enjoy her pie, because afterall his cooking should be appreciated. He allowed her to look at him and simply tucked into his own pie, not bolting it but actually savoring it letting the flavors dance on his tongue.

As she cleared her throat he focused his silver eyes on her glittering green gems. "Well that is certainly a lovely prospect, though I imagine getting to spend an evening entertaining you would be upturning, I don't know that it would affect my entire life." He quipped softly, thinking she was inviting him to her home for a night of enjoyment.

"That said I'd enjoy a night away from here, Rivercrest holds many memories for me, Not all good". He wasn't sure why he said that last part except that it felt right, and it was out loud now so he could do nothing.  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:15 pm
Milady Emerald

Vosin let a touch of a smirk touch her lips, as she leaned back slightly grasping her knee. She wouldn't invite males to the weyr for a one night stand, but he didn't know that. Nor would she particularly object to a one night, or couple nights with him. "That wasn't exactly what I meant." You are terrible at this Vosin. Well then go ahead. He was in for it now.

I am having a clutch soon Jaiyce. I would like you to come to the weyr permanently as a candidate. You will stand for my clutch. Killakeeth spoke directly to the young man. "That would be Killakeeth you just heard. You may or may not have heard that Western has a gold searchrider?" Vosin cocked an eyebrow at him with a tilt of her head. The very rider he now hosted in his master's kitchen.

Granted searchriders were usually blues and greens, and maybe the occasional brown. Vosin and Killakeeth weren't your typical gold pair. They enjoyed going out and finding likely candidates to bring back. Sometimes it was intentional, and sometimes it happened out of the blue.

magnadearel

Milady Emerald

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:08 pm
His eyebrow arched as she smirked. She did have lovely lips, very expressive. But her leaning back pulled his attention from her sweet mouth to the rest of her. As she spoke he took a deep breath and braced for the rejection he assumed was coming. And it was damn lucky he braced and by the skin of his teeth he kept his seat. The remaining pie however did not fair so well, the plate in his hands tipped and went 'SPLAT' on the floor as the young mans eyes went wide and he froze in shock at hearing a voice- Other than his own, INSIDE his head. Time slowed and to him it seemed an infinity as he watched the pie fall, hearing the words ring inside him, and then as pie met floor he couldn't help the thought of wondering if that was what was happening to his mind.

Vosin's voice was his lifeline back to reality- or was it a different reality now- he couldn't tell. His mouth moved before his brain had caught up to it "I hadn't heard...I mean I heard...just now, words inside my head, but not about a gold search rider- a a Gold Dragon just spoke to me, and wants me for her Clutch...." For one moment his eyes burned bright and clear and the light of them illuminated his face in a breath taking glow before his own thoughts came crashing in. "But really, there must be some mistake. You can't want me.....I, am too old and can't even manage to earn the right to walk the tables as a cook. I am sorry but this must be a mistake." All the light had faded from his face, he looked far older than he was, bone weary and very alone.  
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:29 pm
Milady Emerald

She couldn't help but wince as his delicious pie splattered across the floor. You didn't have to startle the poor kid out of his shoes, she chided the gold. Killakeeth gave her harrumph. It's not my fault he couldn't hold it up. Vosin calmly waited. A lot of non-weyr folk could be surprised by Killakeeth's.... directness.

"Yeah, she's not shy about talking to whoever it pleases her." Vosin smirked, "that's usually why potential candidates are selected Jaiyce. The baby dragons need riders." The young woman leaned forward and tilted her head seriously. "I see. So your telling me a searchdragon doesn't know what she's looking for?" Her voice sounded ominous.

I do not make mistakes, Killakeeth informed him haughtily. Imagine! The nerve to say a gold didn't know what she wanted. And for her own clutch no less! Vosin leaned toward him conspiratorially, and whispered, "I would apologize if I were you."

magnadearel

Milady Emerald

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 pm
magnadearel

Jaiyce simply blinked at Vosin, long slow blinks as she talked down to him.Then she got that look in her eye that so many Master's have had when he made something "accidental" in the kitchen... and then her voice was cutting sharp. And if Vosin's voice was a metal, Killakeeth's was fire. He didn't bother to pause and wonder how fitting that was. Before the words had finished leaving Vosin's mouth he was apologizing, quite sincerely.

"Forgive me..Ll...ladies. I just, am finding it hard to believe that after the way that....that...... Lyiara left me anyone would want me for much of anything other than well....." he gestured to himself " this. Clearly a mother knows best what she desires, and well I am no stranger to hard work, and I cannot promise to not screw up- but surely that goes without saying.....ahhh that is........" He spluttered to a halt as his sense of self preservation and what was left of his ego asserted themselves past his stubborn nature.

"I am sorry." He said slowly, quietly, and sincerely. "I did not mean to imply any offense."  
[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff