Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Church must stop apologizing for what God says

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:32 pm
By Leah MarieAnn Klett, Christian Post Reporter

In a postmodern culture obsessed with feelings and political correctness, the Church must stop apologizing for “the way that God thinks and acts and what He says is right and wrong,” Francis Chan recently said.

During a Q&A session at the 2019 Church Leaders Conference, held at the Zacharias Institute in Alpharetta, Georiga, Chan explained that in today’s culture, the pervasive mentality is that “we’re all fighting for our rights.”

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:38 pm
What did Jesus die for if Unconditional Love and Forgiveness [Hui Kala] doesn't extend to God, Himself? Yes, there's a Plan, but we're loved despite society/self-inflicted Judgement. Only God may Judge me with Inalienable Rights.  

Kur0Nek03

Chatty Smoker

8,425 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:42 am
Kur0Nek03
What did Jesus die for if Unconditional Love and Forgiveness [Hui Kala] doesn't extend to God, Himself? Yes, there's a Plan, but we're loved despite society/self-inflicted Judgement. Only God may Judge me with Inalienable Rights.

At the same time if we continue in sin after we say we know Him our actions speak louder than words. "Self-inflicted" judgment has its place, and the Holy Spirit does convict us of sin even after we are saved... Why is that? Because we ought not sin. It should not be a priority of ours to find reasons to justify acting against God's wishes.

1 John 1:6
If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.

Lamentations 3:40
Let us examine and test our ways, and turn back to the LORD.

John 16:13
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

There is a road to walk on. It is a narrow road.

Isaiah 35:8
And there will be a highway called the Way of Holiness. The unclean will not travel it, only those who walk in that Way--and fools will not stray onto it.

Luke 6:46
"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

There is an expectation from Jesus that if we are to call Him Lord that we do what He says. We may as well not call Him Lord if we are not to listen to Him.

Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:58 pm
Garland-Green
Kur0Nek03

At the same time if we continue in sin after we say we know Him our actions speak louder than words. "Self-inflicted" judgement has its place, and the Holy Spirit does convict us of sin even after we are saved... Why is that? Because we ought not sin. It should not be a priority of ours to find reasons to justify acting against God's wishes.

If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

And there will be a highway called the Way of Holiness. The unclean will not travel it, only those who walk in that Way--and fools will not stray onto it.

There is an expectation from Jesus that if we are to call Him Lord that we do what He says. We may as well not call Him Lord if we are not to listen to Him.

Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

I shall meditate on these.. and I agree, when we've been saved, therefore it doesn't do to be a hypocrite on purpose.. isn't there a verse about that? Daily, I avoid hurting (honestly, just plain interacting with) people because for so long I was told to be afraid of myself, but I don't always know when my social anxiety makes me straight-up rude. I still don't think I should feel bad, because only people who hold Conditions on Love tie/blame/hold another as responsible for personal pain or injury, even deaths.

Let me give you a situation where my inaction or failure to be violent was conceived as wrong by fellow humans, not just by those present (including the victim!), but with my future in-laws online: my fiancee was in a situation where he was misunderstood as the last person seen with my crazy cousin's husband. She's always accusing him of relapsing on meth, and sadly he did this year after all her accusations, but this situation happened last year.. They come over to punch an answer out of my fiancee (said victim), and I'm expected to play my part and fight the guy fed liquor and sent to do the punching (crazy cousin's sister's husband). Am I supposed to punch him? My fiancee didn't fight back either, just stood there and took the punches, and they looked down on him for it, too.

Yet.. to act as Judge and Jury on our Brothers and Sisters or Self, the consequences can be just as devastating. I was always accused of doing things I didn't have the pleasure of actually doing, my whole life. That's what foster care is like, you're the unwanted child everyone's paid to tell you what to do, that's the Condition for Care. So when I'm accused of being a whore, my teen mind is like "I WISH, who's having all this fun in my name?!". Being accused of stealing things led to years as a teen kleptomaniac. And the funny thing in I wasn't locked up for any of these things (never got caught, only violence got me in a ton of trouble with the police, and being a runner), it was my mental health, or lack of, that got me stuck in a residential hospital until I got my GED. I knew all about conditional love and nothing about unconditional, because my mother was convinced I was a demon and told me so. I'm merely a Star Child, yet when you tell a star child they're This or That, we have the power to Manifest. Man, I fest.

The system took all the fight out of me by locking me up for long periods of time until I became an adult, so I never get into local fights as an adult. I'm shy, which people find incredulous because I'm very tall and strong looking. They wonder why I won't use my size, maybe they'd understand after a regular rounds with a security force, until they pull the shields out and slam you in less than a second. My fight or flight kicks in, and I never know which one I'll be urged to do, so I do silly things and behave like a class clown to disarm people. I ramble when people engage me. The community of both my family and his became outraged when I did the thing the system programmed me to do: absolutely nothing. I sat the entire time in the car, unaware that I'd lost everyone's respect for it. But I don't care about their judgement anymore, because I KNEW it was violence born of a misunderstanding. Yet I am seen as evil or crazy, because despite standing over six feet I'm as meek as a mouse and get called nervous. You'd be nervous, too, learning to live with guards. Until I'm running in the lava fields, where I belong, there my mind becomes an oasis.

NOW the system wants to take him, too, we're facing legal persecution of potentially 5-10. I can handle being institutionalised, can thrive even because I'm a talented artist and can earn Store (and God kept me serene my first two weeks as an adult just this year), but he's never been without family and I KNOW his mental health would deteriorate after the first year. All because the coppicemen are hypocrites and ignorant of Sovereignty. God's Kingdom has come to Hawai'i, let me tell you, it's amazing the love I feel at church here today. Every day I pray they won't pick me up, and so I'm given urging in my gut that turns out to be God-given tasks. I honestly can't wait to go back to jail and share the newest good news with the girls, plus there's both regular Christian church and my family's LDS/mormon church to study in there (you can even order Bibles in jail, but I didn't get to stay long enough to get mine, so I follow your bible guild to get a daily message), but I feel in my gut (my na'au) there's a lot of work yet to be down on the outs. Am I not following the will of God, following my instincts and inflicting no harm? I struggle most with harming myself TBH, but I take care of myself because I've been encouraged to love myself after knowing Jesus. I never thought I'd say this, but it can suck being free sometimes, jail has showers and too much food; out here I use an outdoor water spigot to bathe and rely on weekly church food to keep from starving, usually only affording one meal a day each most0 other days.

Kur0Nek03

Chatty Smoker

8,425 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:26 pm
Kur0Nek03
Garland-Green
Kur0Nek03

At the same time if we continue in sin after we say we know Him our actions speak louder than words. "Self-inflicted" judgement has its place, and the Holy Spirit does convict us of sin even after we are saved... Why is that? Because we ought not sin. It should not be a priority of ours to find reasons to justify acting against God's wishes.

I shall meditate on these.. and I agree, when we've been saved, therefore it doesn't do to be a hypocrite on purpose.. isn't there a verse about that? Daily, I avoid hurting (honestly, just plain interacting with) people because for so long I was told to be afraid of myself, but I don't always know when my social anxiety makes me straight-up rude. I still don't think I should feel bad, because only people who hold Conditions on Love tie/blame/hold another as responsible for personal pain or injury, even deaths.

Let me give you a situation where my inaction or failure to be violent was conceived as wrong by fellow humans, not just by those present (including the victim!), but with my future in-laws online: my fiancee was in a situation where he was misunderstood as the last person seen with my crazy cousin's husband. She's always accusing him of relapsing on meth, and sadly he did this year after all her accusations, but this situation happened last year.. They come over to punch an answer out of my fiancee (said victim), and I'm expected to play my part and fight the guy fed liquor and sent to do the punching (crazy cousin's sister's husband). Am I supposed to punch him? My fiancee didn't fight back either, just stood there and took the punches, and they looked down on him for it, too.

Yet.. to act as Judge and Jury on our Brothers and Sisters or Self, the consequences can be just as devastating. I was always accused of doing things I didn't have the pleasure of actually doing, my whole life. That's what foster care is like, you're the unwanted child everyone's paid to tell you what to do, that's the Condition for Care. So when I'm accused of being a whore, my teen mind is like "I WISH, who's having all this fun in my name?!". Being accused of stealing things led to years as a teen kleptomaniac. And the funny thing in I wasn't locked up for any of these things (never got caught, only violence got me in a ton of trouble with the police, and being a runner), it was my mental health, or lack of, that got me stuck in a residential hospital until I got my GED. I knew all about conditional love and nothing about unconditional, because my mother was convinced I was a demon and told me so. I'm merely a Star Child, yet when you tell a star child they're This or That, we have the power to Manifest. Man, I fest.

The system took all the fight out of me by locking me up for long periods of time until I became an adult, so I never get into local fights as an adult. I'm shy, which people find incredulous because I'm very tall and strong looking. They wonder why I won't use my size, maybe they'd understand after a regular rounds with a security force, until they pull the shields out and slam you in less than a second. My fight or flight kicks in, and I never know which one I'll be urged to do, so I do silly things and behave like a class clown to disarm people. I ramble when people engage me. The community of both my family and his became outraged when I did the thing the system programmed me to do: absolutely nothing. I sat the entire time in the car, unaware that I'd lost everyone's respect for it. But I don't care about their judgement anymore, because I KNEW it was violence born of a misunderstanding. Yet I am seen as evil or crazy, because despite standing over six feet I'm as meek as a mouse and get called nervous. You'd be nervous, too, learning to live with guards. Until I'm running in the lava fields, where I belong, there my mind becomes an oasis.

NOW the system wants to take him, too, we're facing legal persecution of potentially 5-10. I can handle being institutionalised, can thrive even because I'm a talented artist and can earn Store (and God kept me serene my first two weeks as an adult just this year), but he's never been without family and I KNOW his mental health would deteriorate after the first year. All because the coppicemen are hypocrites and ignorant of Sovereignty. God's Kingdom has come to Hawai'i, let me tell you, it's amazing the love I feel at church here today. Every day I pray they won't pick me up, and so I'm given urging in my gut that turns out to be God-given tasks. I honestly can't wait to go back to jail and share the newest good news with the girls, plus there's both regular Christian church and my family's LDS/mormon church to study in there (you can even order Bibles in jail, but I didn't get to stay long enough to get mine, so I follow your bible guild to get a daily message), but I feel in my gut (my na'au) there's a lot of work yet to be down on the outs. Am I not following the will of God, following my instincts and inflicting no harm? I struggle most with harming myself TBH, but I take care of myself because I've been encouraged to love myself after knowing Jesus. I never thought I'd say this, but it can suck being free sometimes, jail has showers and too much food; out here I use an outdoor water spigot to bathe and rely on weekly church food to keep from starving, usually only affording one meal a day each most0 other days.

We are all a work in progress. smile There is not going to be perfect saints on this side of eternity. I can tell that you have had a hard time. You did the right thing, as did your fiance. Turning the other cheek may seem weak to the world, but it takes more strength than it does to punch back and it is very much in line with what Jesus wants us to do.

Matthew 5:38-40
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.

If we avenge ourselves we have already punished the person transgressing against us and that leaves no room for Christ to be the judge.

Romans 12:19
Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

I would advise against Mormon churches. They have some really bad doctrine (teachings) concerning the nature of Jesus.

Great that you follow the guild for announcements about the Bible! That is what the guild is for. If you'd like I can send you a Bible. I have got one extra that I don't mind giving you. As for money I rely also on getting food from people. I have to cut the food bill to be able to pay other more pressing bills.

Let me tell you that it is much better for you to be accused of doing bad things than actually doing them. It reflects much poorer on the accuser than the one being accused.

1 Peter 3:16
and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:42 pm
Garland-Green
We are all a work in progress. smile There is not going to be perfect saints on this side of eternity. I can tell that you have had a hard time. You did the right thing, as did your fiance. Turning the other cheek may seem weak to the world, but it takes more strength than it does to punch back and it is very much in line with what Jesus wants us to do.

Matthew 5:38-40
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well.

If we avenge ourselves we have already punished the person transgressing against us and that leaves no room for Christ to be the judge.

Romans 12:19
Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

I would advise against Mormon churches. They have some really bad doctrine (teachings) concerning the nature of Jesus.

Great that you follow the guild for announcements about the Bible! That is what the guild is for. If you'd like I can send you a Bible. I have got one extra that I don't mind giving you. As for money I rely also on getting food from people. I have to cut the food bill to be able to pay other more pressing bills.

Let me tell you that it is much better for you to be accused of doing bad things than actually doing them. It reflects much poorer on the accuser than the one being accused.

1 Peter 3:16
and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behaviour in Christ will be put to shame.

I'm almost crying in public, reading this *RL sniffles* thank you very much for what you do heart Bless You, I'm gonna quote your advise as my status hehe o how lighthearted I feel compared to the dark clouds we faced this morning (causing me to rant).. Happy Sunday! I wanna give OtakuKat a shoutout one more time for having writing this and showing me the way:

Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. -Hebrews 7:25 NIV

Kur0Nek03

Chatty Smoker

8,425 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items