Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mystery Hatching] A Mysterious Kind of Folk Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:17 pm

Well. They said that there was no time like the present, and the Ace Flag bronze had waited quite a long time at this point. Stretching luxuriously, he got off of the sand, and began to make his leisurely way to the one he most admired. Who, it should be noted, should have been admiring him right back.

Don't think I missed your little soiree with my brother, the bronze purred to Wren. You may have imagined him as yours, but you have always been mine. Stopping before the lovely Candidate, he nosed his wedge shaped head against his hand.

I am Nimrath, and you, my dearest Wren, are Mine. Obviously. Just because he'd been watching didn't mean he was completely all right with what Wren had done. But... it was Wren, so he was, ultimately, forgiven.

User Image

MaraRune

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:23 pm
Candy Cane Blue had been happily following his sister, when she suddenly ran off ahead of him and Impressed.

Thankfully, that didn't seem to upset the other who was only too happy to keep on trotting forward. The Candidates were beginning to thin out a bit, but this blue was in no rush. With every step, he was able to scope out the Candidates. As he passed Vesden, he paused, and gave him a long look, and a little nudge of encouragement. All was well. All would be well. The boy need only keep his chin up. So, Candy Cane sent him a surge of confidence, before trotting through the throng.

Any others he passed he made sure to send nothing but a cool breeze of renewed confidence. Something to refresh them after such a long night. Something to make them feel good. Whether one of my clutchmates find you on the sands or not... Don't forget, you're still someone's future. Whether that was a future dragon, a flit, a wher, a feline, a lover, a child... Someone out there would want them, need them.

This blue knew what was up, after all. There were too many long-faces, too many hearts overwhelmed, heart-broken, or unsure. But the night wasn't over, and Candy Cane blue was too certain. He knew what was up... He knew he was right, even if he were only minutes from the shell.

Trotting through the crowd, the blue finally found what, and who he was looking for. With a happy chuff, the blue slunk up to his intended prey, before rubbing his body hard against Kallian.

This was the one he desired. This one was His. As he wrapped himself around the boy, he spread his wings and wrapped them lovingly around him, so they might have at least one private moment. Shall I be your Muse? And shall you be Mine, beautiful one? The blue dragon sent nothing but love, acceptance, confidence, fondness, and affection for the scarred up young man. He would let him see how he saw him, let him know just how much he was treasured, accepted, and adored.

Never again would he need to keep up a facacade or fear being abandoned. Your Saheth will never give you up, and will never let you go. You are Mine, and you shall be Mine, for always.

User Image

Mr Cheri

- - - - -
But Vesden wouldn't be alone for long.

For after Candy Cane blue passed over the boy, another dragon suddenly pushed his way through. There was a low growl, and Nanner Brown had his teeth bared, and his eyes suddenly flashing red.

But it wasn't directed at Vesden. No, it was directed at the pale blue that had sauntered off. Where Candy Cane had left Vesden feeling confident, Nanner Brown had Vesden feeling possessed, respected, admired, appreciated, and above all else, loved. There was ire within the words of the brown, but the Candidate would come to understand that it stemmed from a moments uncertainty.

VesdenMine! It is you whom I would die for! Life might be a trial, but you make it worth living for me. You and I will do great things and no one will tear you away from your Yoneth. Not now. Not ever!

User Image

Lothwolf

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:39 pm
IMPRESSION
Wren

Honestly, this had all been so idly amusing. He'd been so terribly entertained by that little Blue's antics with the belly rubs. One Impression after another, and he could not help but feel a swell of pride with each one. What he'd not expected was a sense of amusement right back against his own after a moment, and a voice sliding like honey against his own thoughts. It was like a sweet purr, all too lazy and calm where Wren was used to a more emotional sort of thought, Don't think I missed your little soiree with my brother. You may have imagined him as yours, but you have always been mine.

There was the bump of a bronze head against his hand and Wren felt an all encompassing feeling surround his heart. The heat died down, time slowed. His heart beat slowed down, beating in time with that of a bronze pair. Even the world slowed around him ,the sounds dulling in a thrum. Everything was only a crawl around them in this moment, I am Nimrath, and you, my dearest Wren, are Mine. Nimrath made it all terribly clear that he wasn't PLEASED that Wren had been paying attention to another, but he was forgiven. After all, his blue brother was lovely. Right now, though, it was about them.

"How could I ever doubt, Nimrath." Wren's voice was soft, the warmth of his Bronze's tone echoed in the child's own voice, "I mean look at you, stunning as you are. We're two of a kind you and I. Perfect in every way. How you shine against the sand." But of course. Now... He looked around with a hum of thought, shifting with a sense of ease against his dearest Wren's leg, tail twining against the other's calf, Let us go get some food, shall we?

Uta
N'ceph, see your boy~? >>

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:56 pm
Candidate Omurntas Western
It looked like it was wrapping up. Three more impressions. Three more dragons gone. A very impressive bronze, an elegant blue, and boldly marked brown. He glanced at his quiet companion through most of this and wondered how she felt now that her chances were down to the last three.

“If you say so. I’ve nothing to compare it to.” If maulings and one death was a good hatching, Omurntas was almost afraid to ask what a bad hatching was.

MaraRune
Aelyx

magnadearel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:09 pm

Kallian - Impression

Time stood still. Kallian - never changing, always Kallian - forgot to breathe. This was that moment, that once in a lifetime moment, that he had wanted to capture. Falling to his knees, the boy buried his face against the dragonet's shoulder, already so strong. How was he so wise so young? Arms encircling this being - this perfect, wonderful being, Kallian could only be dimly aware that tears were streaming down his cheeks.

"You will always be my Muse, Saheth. Always." Forever and always, until the end of time. His heart was overflowing with love, just... overflowing, and... the dragonet...

The dragonet had found all of those wounded, shattered places. He had wormed his way inside of the most broken pieces of Kal, and was holding him together as though he'd never been scarred in the first place. This shining, precious, perfect moment would be theirs to cherish forever. Faranth, how could he have ever lived in a world without Saheth?

Shaking his head, he leaned into Saheth, his arms tightening. A well of his old confidence sang through him, and he felt more than human. More than alive. More than -

You are, and always have been, yourself, my love.

My love! Kallian's heart rang with the purest joy, and he lifted Saheth up, not even caring that his knees wanted to buckle with the weight of him. The blond boy held his dragonet up in the air, staring deeply into those sweet, rainbow eyes. He had never loved another as he did this dragon.

"You are..."

I know. And so are you. Tenderly, with the utmost care, the dragonet reached out and licked his chin, nuzzling against his face with the greatest of joy. This was something that could never be captured, he realized at last. Saheth was his, and he was Saheth's... and they were each other's.

Always.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:11 pm
Candidate Aelyx : Western : She/Her

"I've been Standing for a While..." Her voice was going quiet, "...but I'll tell you that the one before this one I was at? I had my Weyrmate's brother die in his arms. Right on me." She was trying not to think of it, "This is good. Bad, there's a lot of angry babies, there's a lot of Death, and there's chances of Betweening. I'd rather not risk those things. Any of them." Even if she was risking aging out of candiadcy every day. Even if this hatching was bringing her ever closer to that. Faranth, her heart hurt...She was trying not to let him see it on her face...at all...and yet she was almost 25. It was a real fear...even if she still had five turns after this.

magnadearel

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:19 pm
Shalaera - Bet tracking

T’tain bets that the first dragon to impress will be a blue. - Loss, Green

T’tain bets that the last dragon to impress will be a green.

Shalaera bets that the first dragon to hatch will be a Green.- Win

Shalaera bets that the last dragon to hatch will be a Brown.- Currently losing, Bronze
---
Vosin bets Killakeeth has hidden at least 5 more eggs

Shalaera makes no counter bet. - All 5 eggs must hatch at time of the hatching (AKA can't be added on at time of Graduation)

----

Candidate Jaiyce bets that he will Impress a Bronze - loss

Candidate Jaiyce bets that Killakeeth will have TWO golds - win

Shalaera counters that Jaiyce will impress a Blue. - Win!

Shalaera has no counter bet for 2 golds. - loss

-----

Qiana bets Keleres will Impress a female dragon. - NULL

Qiana bets that more Western candidates will Impress than High Reaches. - Winning ( Current Total: 16 Western, 2 unaffiliated, 1 that does not have their Weyr listed anywhere I look, 6 HR)

Shalaera bets that Keleres' female dragon will be amongst the last 7 to hatch. - NULL

Shalaera bets that more than half of the metallics in Killakeeth's clutch will impress Western candidates. - Winning (Running Total: 6 Metallics, 4 to Western, 1 unimpressed)

-------

Onyx bets that Nyrida will Impress a female dragon. - NULL

Onyx bets that there will be at least one stands Impression. - Win

Shalaera bets that Nyrida will impress a dragon that hatched from the first 6 eggs.- NULL

Shalaera bets that the stands impression - or first one if there are multiple - will be to a character that identifies male. -Loss
---------

Jacquol bets she will impress a green. - WIN

Shalaera is betting Jacquol's green will be between 22-24' (AKA 'Average' on the size chart)- WIN (23')
---------

Astriana bets that there will be at least two whites in the clutch.

Astriana changes her second bet to impressing a blue

Shalaera bets the first white to hatch - if there are multiples - will be female.

Shalaera bets that Astri will impress the dragon that hatches very middle of all the babies. If for some reason there is an even number, sucks to be her. - This only counts for PC eggs that hatch, not NPCs at Graduation
----
Taiena has bet that Nikal will impress. - Win!

Shalaera has bet it will be a brown. - Lose!
---
Rinis has bet that more than half of the greens in the clutch will impress boys.Losing (7/13 female)

Shalaera bets that for every boy over half that impresses green, a girl will impress blue or brown. Ex. There are 6 greens and 5 impress to boys. That means 2 browns-or-blues impressed to a girl. - NULL
----
Dhawsn bets that there will be more male-identifying candidates on greens - Losing (7/13 female)

Nikal bets Veikel will get a dragon - Lose

Shalaera bets that at least 1/3rd of the boys that impress greens - if over half - are from High Reaches. - NULL

Shalaera bets Nikal will impress. - Win!
------

Adi bets that at least one blue will have an adult length of 31+ feet.

Shalaera bets at least one blue will be 23' - Winning!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:23 pm
Dsharmira of Green Zhaoruith

Dsharmira was a little aghast at the restrictions and hoped that taking care of Zhaoruith would make it so she didn’t notice them. So she focused on the more immediate activities again. Watching the interaction between Nikal, Aryale, and Kiri and she wondered what she had missed.

Zhaoruith filled her in after returning the nuzzle from Yaguareth. Yaguareth asked if she could sit with Felisath but Tecuanith want’s Yaguareth to sit with us. Hmm. Dsharmira looked over at the pair by themselves. They are over there for a reason. The other girl seemed content to stay over there. Felisath, Zhaoruith reached out, if you do not desire joining us, perhaps we can join you at the feast? Mine says there is a feast to celebrate us. The pair waited to see how the trio of dragon pairs sorted themselves out for now.

demon_pachabel

medigel

Uta

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:24 pm
Vodex

The dragonnets moved around the candidates, a few made their impressions, a few had attacked and what from Vodex could gather someone had died among the sands. He pulled a hand through the vibrant pink hair a frown settling on his lips. There had been talks about what would happen out on the sands but Vodex hadn’t expected all this, or at least not during his first time attending a hatching. Still he was glad to be there, regardless of what happened or how the turn of events ended up. He didn’t put much stock in impressing himself, not when this was really the first time he had the honor of attending but there was a feast to look forward to afterwards which promised even more excitement to happen.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:27 pm

There were two eggs rocking on the Sands. Two eggs that had been quiet and still, and honestly, Hot Pink 80s blue hadn't actually been sure that they'd even been alive. But alive they were. Running back to check on them, he ran back to investigate. Hello! he chirped, nuzzling the eggs, trying to help them on their quest to be hatched.

And there they were! The first, a little green, seemed delighted to meet him! Thank you, dear, that was just what I needed, she informed him affectionately.

But the second, oh, the second -

Excuse me, who gave you the right to touch my shell? I never asked you to, and I certainly didn't want it.

Taken aback, the Hot Pink 80s blue split. Oh no! Had he done something wrong? But he'd just wanted to help, and-

Save it for someone who cares. his brother snapped, shaking off the egg goo from his shell with a distinctly irritated air. How dare he interfere?

Now, now... he was only trying to help, their sister put in.

Woe! The Hot Pink 80s blue came running up to Xanael, fully prepared to tell him all about it, when he realized just how pleased he was to have figured out who His was!

XanaelMine, are you ready to play with your Cucuaranath? I'm hungry, and I don't think my brother likes me at all. But I know just what we can do to make everything fun again! he informed him, all but bowling the Candidate over in his eagerness to play.

User Image

Hattaki

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:47 pm
Aryale of Green Yaguareth

Despite the rejection, Yaguareth paced pointedly towards her smaller clutchsister, though her step was gentle and she kept her distance when she finally came to a stop. Should you change your mind, I am always happy to join you. Okay? nothing in her tone stepped over that line that Felisath had just drawn for herself, some imaginary stroke in the sand that her sister now stood on the other side of to respect her need for distance. Then, she offered a single kreel to Kiri, offered a bow of her head, and returned to where she had been with her other two sisters.

Only once she was content with the offering she'd given was resolved, did she take a moment to look Tecuanith over, wings ruffling slightly as she craned her neck around to really give her a good once-over. Those will look quite fetching when they heal, she admired. First they had to heal, though.

Aryale laughed at Nikal's inquiry, as though he'd simply told her the best joke she'd heard in years. "My mother has been yelling at the Greens the entire hatching - did you hear her?" she asked in turn, carefully edging her way around another Weyrling to retrieve her own bucket so that she could begin feeding her own lifemate. Just looking at Yaguareth made a tingle of delight spark through her. Hers. Even the way her father looked at her mother didn't compare to how she looked at the green. "I'm sure your own family is going to bowl you over the second they get a chance to have at you."

And of course.... Aryale didn't try to extend a hand to Dsharmira - they were full - but she did incline her head towards the Courtesan. "It's nice to meet you, by the way. I am Aryale of Green Yaguareth," oh it sounded good rolling off of her tongue.

Yaguareth, on the other hand, considered the offer that Zhaoruith was putting out for Felisath as well. I should think a Feast would suit your taste real well, she said, completely interested in what her sister's opinions on such a thing would be.

Medigel

Faesinger

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:47 pm
Omurntas blinked at her for a moment. “I’m sorry to hear that,” he said softly. Right. He hadn’t wanted to ask. He hadn’t known the poor fellow who’d lost his life on the sands tonight. There had been a few angry ones, but other than that, he’d seen worst back home.

The young man nodded as a couple more late bloomer eggs cracked open. “It’s not over yet,” he tried to reassure her. Hopefully the perfect dragon for her would come soon.

MaraRune
Aelyx

Rinis- Apprentice Firelizard Breeder Western
Rinis continues to admire the babies, and probably be obnoxious with her sitting mates.  

magnadearel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:53 pm

Hmmm. What... an interesting affair, the Blue Spotted bronze was, at last, forced to admit. Watching his brothers and sisters find their perfect matches truly was a splendid thing, however he was beginning to feel a certain yearning within his own hearts for his rider. So it was that he drew himself up and began exploring among the boys. First he walked by Marinel, giving the young man a sniff. No, not that one, pleasant as the boy was.

Then, unconcerned, he traveled by Omurntas, but he too was not quite right. Vodex was interesting to look at, but definitely not for him.

Where, indeed, was his rider? Surely this could not be all that Pern had to offer? There was... a tugging on the edge of his consciousness. Something he remembered from earlier, from before. A powerful sense of fear, and not-rightness. Wrongness. Something... something...

Quite... unique. A wound that only he could heal. But where was His?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:02 pm
The last bronze was finally taking a look around at his options. Omurntas watched as he passed by one boy, then by himself. He gave a polite nod as the dragonet moved on. He wasn’t meant for that dragon. Even though Blue Spotted had moved on, he continued to watch. Curious where the dragon would eventually find his rider.

MaraRune
Aelyx

magnadearel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:04 pm

Ahh! There he was.

My dearest Kateleel. You have spent so long yearning for the stars that I wonder if you ever stopped to consider that you are a star. My star, the brightest star in my skies, forever and always. How could you have been a queenrider when you are so clearly Mine? There was no denying that a bronzerider was masculine, was male, and for all that what Biralath wanted most in all of Pern was a meeting of minds, this too was known.

He tasted Kateleel's pain, acknowledged it... and set it to the wayside, where it belonged. For there had never been any doubt in his mind who Kateleel was, and never any doubt in any dragon's mind that he was and would always be a man. Biralath's most precious, darling, bright man, and his rider.

I am yours, and you are Mine, my Kateleel. Will you join your Biralath now on the greatest adventure of all: life?

For here they were, and would always be... together. Reaching up, he nuzzled the boy, his rainbow eyes holding the purest of joy. Brighter than any star in the heavens.

User Image

SilverLutz

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas