Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mystery Hatching] A Mysterious Kind of Folk Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:37 pm
Vodex

That was it, as the last two dragonets made impressions with their candidates everyone slowly started to make their way from the stands and the sands. Vodex gave an amused hum as he followed the rest with empty hands out back to the barracks. At least it meant he could catch a little sleep before getting ready for the feast, or maybe just goof around until it started considering everyone would be too excited with the new dragonnets to have them doing all their usual chores.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:25 am
X'ael & Cucuaranath

Things were winding down pretty quickly, with only four hatchlings left on the sands. Xanael had been making plans about what he was going to do, who he was going to find after it was all over, since there would be a feast and soon on the heels of it all. Which of course meant he'd be having an extremely long day as there would be no sleep afterwards, at least not for him even if it was offered. Maybe it was how distracted he was that he hadn't noticed exactly where he was in relation to one of the little blues still on the sands.. but:

XanaelMine, are you ready to play with your Cucuaranath? I'm hungry, and I don't think my brother likes me at all. But I know just what we can do to make everything fun again! WHUMP!!

It wasn't an attack by a long shot, in fact Cucuaranath made certain that his sharp little claws didn't come anywhere near his newly bonded's skin as he draped over him, rainbow facets whirling rapidly until they were a solidly indigo color. Love and joy and everything that their bond would ever have to offer slammed into him seconds after his back had hit the sand and the anxiousness he'd had, the feeling that had followed him all his twenty three turns... vanished. Your white clothes don't look like they'll keep the sand from hurting, let's get up and go get something to eat! We can give my brother some as well, I bet his rider would enjoy the help and maybe it'll cheer him up! A cough of a laugh escaped Xanael's mouth in response and he rose slowly to a sitting position, still staring at those indigo eyes as his dragon, his dragon, backed up to allow him the mobility.

Cucuaranath's head turned to look at his brother as he went to find his, as he bonded, and it took everything X'ael had to tear his own eyes away from the starry winged blue that making it hard to breathe in his presence of effortless love. In the end he followed the little one's line of vision to see his brother and he grinned. "That the one that dislikes you so much? Oh we can handle that I think." Doesn't matter if he doesn't anyway, he's still a good sort. I like him. the blue responded almost lazily and X'ael had to let a laugh escape once more as he got to his sandaled feet.

Instantly his dragon surged upward playfully and it was more of a shock that he knew it was coming even before he'd jumped, allowing him the chance to grab the playful little hatchling and swing him up onto his shoulders, arms holding him at the base of neck and tail. Cucuaranath howled with laughter in his head and a series of trumpets erupted beside X'ael's ear as a pale muzzle nosed at his temple, one wing sticking up like a sort of flag of happiness. The man grinned broadly, all teeth, and started them towards the tables so he could feed his little one, that being first before the inevitable play that was on the horizon.

Thank you mother, it was so wonderful to meet everyone but this one is the best. Cucuaranath cheeped in Killakeeth's head before turning to his rider, Can we bring something nice to mother? It's her special day as well after all.

"Naturally, we'll make sure to bring her the best meat we can find." X'ael said cheerfully, his eyes glancing up at another gold for a brief moment and smiling so hard it might crack his face. We can take them something too! "We just might... let's focus on you first though."

magnadearel
For momma

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:18 pm
Farellen had been busy shaking his head mentally at the wherry brained idiots going over and petting the blue, it was different if the dragon came to you.

"Heeeeeeey! If you're not going to give him some sweet loving, you sure as heck better give me some"

Farelln's head snapped round so fast that anyone nearby could have sworn they heard a whip lash. "what?" he said, blinking, knowing, but not believing the consequences of that voice, the feelings leaking into his mind, into his HEART.

"To heck with those rules! Farellen, come lay some sugar on your best Issoirath, and check out these wings!"

Farellen laughed as his dragon.... HIS Issoirath, did the equivalent of a strongman kissing his biceps. Even had Issoirath not been his, he would have adored the brown instantly. Farellen waited only a heartbeat to move out onto the Sands to HIS Issoirath, he didn't run, no, he walked, confidently, feeling, eyes on him and his posing brown as he made his way to the most precious, amazing, BEST dragon on all pern. "I'm all yours Issoirath" he said, stopping a moment to pose beside his dragon before remembering the boy he'd stood with. "HEY ZAR!" he called, "HIS NAME IS ISSOIRATH" he grinned like an idiot as Issoirath struck another pose beside him, showing off to Farel...no... F'rell's friend. The brown lifted his still damp wings proudly and stood like a strutting runnerbeast, foreleg raised, chest puffed before HONKING a greeting, this time it didn't make him jump, he'd meant to do it that time.

"I am rather hungry though now F'rell mine, we should go over and join my siblings, so i can show them the best rider of all" Issoirath said proudly, his hearts, beating with F'rell's as they walked in sync towards the feeding tables. F'rell resisting the urge to laugh because he was just SO happy, he just couldn't believe it, clearly the best dragon ever hatched, chose HIM, scars and all

"Scars are handsome, they make you look rugged and brave" He scanned F'rell's memory, which wasn't hard because they were in the front of his mind the moment Issoirath mentioned his scars, for the reason he was scarred "And you WERE brave, the only one to stand up and try and stop those dragons fighting, i must also thank this brown who helped to save you.... but right now i am hungry"

F'rell felt the love and support from Issoirath and almost stumbled, his heart felt like it was going to burst, it was so full. They reached the feeding tables, all the while the two strutted. "HEY LOOK, THIS IS F'RELL, HE IS MINE, ISN'T HE GREAT" Issoirath announced to ALL his siblings already Impressed, before taking a place and settling himself so he still looked impressive, while F'rell took a chair, beaming at all around him "Hi" he said, a cheesy grin on his face as he eyed the other new weyrlings with good humor. But only for a moment as the cramping hunger hit him and he started cutting chunks of meat for his Brown..... "Not that bit Mine, too much fat on it, leaner cuts are best" critisised Issoirath with amusement, they would learn, together.

Quote:
Issoirath broadcast to all dragons Impressed before him and at the feeding tables at the time of his Impression

sariraii
For Zar mention

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:36 am
Astriana (Western Candidate, Her) Impression post

Astriana hadn't been able to reply in the affirmative to the baby asking about a pirate, since she was not one. She could have said yes to beastcrafter, but by the time she got a chance to answer, the baby had found her's. She had heard Marinel call her a friend, well, she would at least try to be civil with him from now on. Her attention was still on the babies, as they continued to pop out of their eggs and find their respective riders. As each baby passed her up, her heart seemed to sink more. She didn't let it show, but she couldn't deny as little by little there was only a few dragons left, that maybe she would be stuck on the sands once more. As much as she appeared cool on the outside, it was eating at her on the inside. Well, thankfully, she had plenty of time before she aged out, so hopefully she would meet her dragon soon enough.

When she noticed two eggs she hadn't seen before start to rock, she was curious. Where had those been and how come they just started to rock now, she wondered. It seemed the blue left on the field, wanted to help, so went to the two eggs to assist them in hatching. Out popped a green, who seemed pleased by the help. Out of the other, came a very snappish blue, who didn't take kindly to his brother's assistance. She understood being upset, but that really was not the way to treat family. Hopefully whoever got that blue, would be able to get him to apologize to his brother. Thankfully, the other blue managed to find his own partner. As did two more hatchlings, including another egg she didn't even remember seeing at the touching.

It finally came down to just those two last hatched babies, she was sure she would be leaving the sands empty handed once more. Well, she would just have to keep training to be prepared, she thought to herself. She noticed the remaining blue making his way through them, as if he knew where he was going. The young woman was surprised as he made his way to their little group, maybe he belonged to Marinel (after all his brother had a blue) or one of the girls.

Well then. If you're ready to leave, I am beginning to grow weary of this charade, my Astriana. Your Moratath is tired of putting up with all of these ruffians.. Wait, my Astriana..Moratath...she couldn't be hearing that right..could she? She looked down at the handsome blue standing at her feet, his mostly blue eyes bursting into a rainbow of impression. She felt like she might fall over when she felt his mind and being connect to her own. Every doubt she might have held, was filled with his belief and love for her. He had such love for her, that it almost overwhelmed her. He was her's, now and forever, everything they did would be as one from now on.

I am sorry for doubting. Though next time, you mind not making me doubt by taking your time,she thought to him, lovingly chiding him.

I would not deprive you of seeing everything happen, before seeing how I was the best. The tiny thought of being a gold rider or that you were meant for a green, please Mine. I am way better than any of my siblings and you were meant for such a dragon as I. Now before you even think of hugging me, may I suggest we head over to a quiet place with some food? Moratath suggested. He made sure his sister had found her's, with one of His's own group it would seem.

Fine, I will hold the hug til after, but you are getting one,Astri warned, before patting his head. She looked over to her friends, a smile in her eyes as she did.

"His name is Moratath. I need to go feed him, but I will see all of you at the feast. And you better be there, certainly do not want to have to drag any of you,"she told them. She walked in the direction of where the other Weyrlings were, her head held high. Looking up in the stands, she hoped R'elien and her uncle had been watching. She knew Ezyzu and Khamaith had been, which she would need to introduce Moratath to all of them as well as Etansi.

Are you really going to parade me around?the blue complained, but if His wanted it..then it would be done. Astri grabbed a bucket of food as they got over there, before she picked a spot far enough from the rest. Then she began to cut his food, giving to him as he dutifully ate.

By the way, you will apologize to your brother later, the one who helped you out of your shell. And I am not taking no for an answer, considering you know how I am with my own family,Astri told her blue firmly. She heard the mental grumble, but the begrudging acceptance.

(Belated impression post, enjoy)

Thaliawen
Marinel and mention of R'elien

medigel
Stormy and for mention of her uncle

dawns_aura
Velara

Sweet Symmetry
For Kel

Hattaki
Mention of Etansi and of blue brother biggrin

Prism Shine
Mention of Ezyzu and Khamaith

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:30 pm
Impression

In the moment the green had called for help, Melhaika knew he had to respond. Not just because she was the dragonet in the egg that had listened to him during the Touching, and who had reassured him he was more than the street rat he felt he had always been. She had given him hope, so when she called for help, it was the least he could do. He had moved without thinking. Was untangling her and helping her up before he even realised what he had been doing.

It wasn't until he felt he rubbing against him, hearing her gentle croon in his head, that the implications became clear. No, she wasn't his, but perhaps one day he could be. He could be a dragonrider, and he would be a hero. He had acted without thought and helped another. Hero she called him. He recoiled slightly. He wasn't a hero. He never was. He was there because a dragon saw something in him that could be great, but he had come here simply because it was better than living on the streets. He wasn't anything special... How could he be anything like what the little one said he might be?

He would have begun to back away from the dainty beauty when a sister came rushing over and hip-checked her, sending her out of his space. As he watched the red in her eyes start to change, he saw her sneer and started to feel something. A mind and feelings not his own, but that did in part mirror his own. He wasn't a hero. But the love and certainty that he was something more, that he was Hers, started to weave around his mind and heart.

The fierce little green that had come charging over. Had shoved her sister out of the way for taking attention that didn't belong to her. His attention. Because it belonged to Her. He was Hers. He was Pallath's, and Pallath was not one who liked to share. He was a rider, Her rider, and he would never have to be alone again.

He was something. He was Pallath's. And that was enough. It was more than he had ever hoped for. Rainbow eyes caught and held his, as she claimed him. For now and forever.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff