Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Inspiration
How This Scary 1975 Prophecy Is Coming to Pass

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:42 am
According to the Pew Research Center, Christianity is declining in America. In the early 1990s, 86% of Americans identified themselves as Christian. By 2007 that number had dropped to 78.4%, and only 7 years later, in 2014, the percentage had dropped another 6% to 70.6%.

Over the same period, the percentage of Americans who describe themselves as atheist, agnostic or "nothing in particular," has jumped dramatically. From 2007 to 2014 their number jumped more than six points, from 16.1% to 22.8%. Also, the number of Americans who identify with non-Christian faiths has grown, especially among Muslims and Hindus.

Our Shout Lacks Clout!

Interestingly, all of this has been happening while we have been "taking our cities for God," "pulling down demonic strongholds," "re-digging wells of revival" and launching a "new apostolic reformation."

Surely, this discrepancy indicates that in our movement there is more talk than walk, more shout than clout and more symbolism than substance. Why is this the case? And what can we do about it?

Continue reading: link  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:34 pm
As someone who was exposed to more than two handfuls of different church labels her whole life, and for a long time didn't regard the Bible as more than another version of a worldwide story (even wondered if it was political plagiarism about an alien messiah).. I spent a lot of time comparing every single religion, and mythology, I came across. I began to believe in the matrix. Now that I have real faith, and see that the quantum matrix is an illusion for His Children to Learn From, I understand nothing in my life was by mistake, and I feel a strong urge to continue this feeling inside of christian labels. Since I last commented here, I went hiking and camped in the north edge of our moku, attending a church twice while I was in sleepy Kohala town.. and the last Sunday I attended, two men came back from working with troubled children on moku 'o Kaua'i.. where they came together as a region and did away with "Baptist" or "Catholic", seeing as they are all Children under God. These little children are returning their own amazed lost parent to return to Christ! Good News, eh!

I wouldn't worry about any kind of decline in Christianity, because I really think everything is connected and serves God's ineffable plan. I also believe Christ didn't mean for us to wag our fingers at anyone anymore since loving and forgiving thy neighbour includes foreign Brothers and Sisters; they're no threat to an unwavering ring of fire.

Kur0Nek03

Chatty Smoker

8,425 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:29 pm
Kur0Nek03
As someone who was exposed to more than two handfuls of different church labels her whole life, and for a long time didn't regard the Bible as more than another version of a worldwide story (even wondered if it was political plagiarism about an alien messiah).. I spent a lot of time comparing every single religion, and mythology, I came across. I began to believe in the matrix. Now that I have real faith, and see that the quantum matrix is an illusion for His Children to Learn From, I understand nothing in my life was by mistake, and I feel a strong urge to continue this feeling inside of christian labels. Since I last commented here, I went hiking and camped in the north edge of our moku, attending a church twice while I was in sleepy Kohala town.. and the last Sunday I attended, two men came back from working with troubled children on moku 'o Kaua'i.. where they came together as a region and did away with "Baptist" or "Catholic", seeing as they are all Children under God. These little children are returning their own amazed lost parent to return to Christ! Good News, eh!

I wouldn't worry about any kind of decline in Christianity, because I really think everything is connected and serves God's ineffable plan. I also believe Christ didn't mean for us to wag our fingers at anyone anymore since loving and forgiving thy neighbour includes foreign Brothers and Sisters; they're no threat to an unwavering ring of fire.

I would like to add that not everyone who calls Jesus master actually follow Him. We have to renew our minds and loving someone is being brave enough to say they are wrong in their theology and practice. The two usually go hand in hand. If you theology is wrong then what you do will be wrong and vice versa. Caring about someones theological understanding is in this way caring about their souls.  
Inspiration

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games