Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [OOC] Official Events
[GAME] Let's Make a Deal, SoA! (Over) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:41 pm
Hey there, SoA! Let's Make a Deal!

Audience Thread Opens: Saturday July 20, 2019 - 00:01 ADT
Event Begins: Saturday, July 20, 2019 - approx. 15:00 ADT
Closes: When all the prizes have been given out!

This thread will be locked until the games begin!

To sign up, you'll need to post in the audience thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:41 pm
What is Let's Make a Deal?

Let's Make a Deal (LMAD) is an old game show (with a modern version on-going) where you dress in crazy costumes and make choices between prizes to maybe, hopefully find the best one. If you haven't seen it, you can check YouTube for episodes but you don't really need to see it to understand.

This is how it might be expected to go in SoA:

Quote:
Safaia is in the audience and her costume has caught my eye, so I offer her a chance to play!

To start her off, I give Saffy a small box. This is her prize to keep, she can walk away right now with whatever is in that small box.. or she can trade that box for whatever is behind the curtain! Without any hints or information, Saffy is left to just make a choice and she doesn't get to know what's in the box or behind the curtain until she makes one! It turns out that she can't resist a nice curtain so she gives up her small box. Behind the curtain is a brand new SoA for her to play with!

Saffy is sent back to the audience, I start looking for another player and several more rounds play out like this.

At the end of the games, Safaia's shiny new SoA was the most valuable prize won. So I go back to her and ask: Are you interested in trading that prize for a chance of making the Big Deal? You could walk away with the best prize of the day! Being a terrible example of a person, she says no and wants to keep what she's won. She's already picked a name and started making plans for her new friend -- against my advice as game show host, even! She doesn't want to give him up.

So I go to the next biggest winner, Seaki.

Seaki has not started making plans for their prize and is ready to give it up for whatever the so-called Best Prize may be! They get a choice of three curtains. Two have good prizes behind them so they haven't lost completely by trying.. but one of the curtains has something very special behind it!

So a choice is made and we find out what they've won!

Notes

• You may know what you are giving up for a chance at something else!
  • You may be given hints about what your box/curtain/envelope is hiding!
  • You may have to play a game to win your prize!
  • You may be called down to play in a small group of people where each choice affects what each player gets!
  • Each round will be a little different, you'll be given clear instructions and time to think if you're called upon.
  • Not every deal is a good one!

Rules

1. To participate, you must be in the audience!
    2. At the end of the day, you may only win one prize. You may get multiple chances to play but you will be required to trade in your previous prize.
    3. Be a good sport! Someone else is going to win whatever you pass up, give up or lose. You may trade something you like for something you don't like as much. This is supposed to be fun.

Notes

While you may not finish with the same prize you won at first, you will never be forced to trade your prize for something else. I do not recommend running off to name your new SoA, save them a journal post, start matchmaking and plot hunting unless you are absolutely sure that you would not trade it if the chance came up.

Regarding Prize Value

A prize's value is determined by numerous factors. It won't be a surprise who has won the best prizes as we play but it will become less obvious near the middle of the list. Everything has been sorted by value ahead of time, any ties were settled via randomizer and the order in which winners will be offered a chance at the Big Deal is already determined.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:14 am
And we're ready to go! Gaia is excited too, it even gave me a pink link for unlocking the thread!! I'm sorry for the slight delay everybody, I realized last minute I should color code all the boxes so you can be sure there are no shenanigans!

Some ground rules~!

You can only post in this thread if you have been summoned to make a deal/play a game!

The audience thread can be used for commentary & encouragement of players. I'll be keeping an eye on it so hopefully nobody posting late additions to the audience is missed!

This won't be a speedy game. You'll have time to think and reply before you decide, but try to limit yourself to 1-2 minutes or a few posts of fretting over what you want to do.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:19 am
Our first contestant is.. mouselet!

mouselet

Please randomize 1-16 for me in here!

Should we talk about how suspicious this is? I was planning to take whoever posted first to play first.. and somehow I'm not surprised it was you, but I never told you that rofl SIGH.

yes I will be attempting small talk/banter throughout this, I'm a good game show host ok  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet generated a random number between 1 and 16 ... 2!

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:20 am
Well, I had totally forgotten what time it was and just kind of...went to see if the thread was unlocked? XD;  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:23 am
You are the timeliest and luckiest person in SoA, I swear. One of them anyway. Yes I'm talking about some of the audience. At least we're getting you out of the way first!

User Image

Anyway, this box here is for you! biggrin

holy cats I didn't realize it was the green one until I hit preview..

IS mouse the luckiest person in SoA?!

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:25 am
WELP, I think the randomizer remembered my favorite color...although I suspect what’s inside may not at all match the box color. XD;  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:28 am
It might! Or.. it might not.. though I have admitted to color coding things to reduce suspicion of shenanigans.

That box is yours to keep.. or you can take this envelope:

User Image

(What are the odds you'd end up with Saffy's favorite color next? My RNG is being silly)

I have a feeling I know your answer but.. do you wanna make a trade? ninja  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:30 am
Hmm...to keep my color-coded green box or trade it for the orange envelope...such a choice. I mean, I don’t have any SoA named “evenlope” yet, and I do actually have one named “box”...no dreams to guide me either...

I know it’s less fun for you Ecavi, but I think I have to keep the green box the RNG so thoughtfully gave me.

heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:33 am
Alright, alright. That sounds fair enough. I won't even make another offer, you can just keep your box! Let's see what's in it!!

ZONK/FAIL - You've won.. an angry badger! Wonderful!

User Image

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:34 am
Um...I love it. ‘Nuff said. o.o < 3  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:35 am
rofl Unfortunately, since this was a zonk there's no chance you'll be able to trade up later on and this is what you've won for the day! The edits are not unique and may be available in the future events, which will be true of all fail prizes!

Back to your seat, let's see if I can find someone who wants that envelope!

edit: The badget was edited & colored by me! I'll make notes about that info later, I have had some help.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:40 am
Our next contestant is.. Koiasi!

Koiasi

Love your avatar! It's even cuter than Skava, which is tough to pull off! emotion_kirakira He's so soft and pretty~  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:41 am
Thank you! <333  

Koiasi

Shy Cat

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:42 am
So I'm wondering if maybe you want that envelope mouse didn't take:

User Image

or.. if maybe I can tempt you with this lovely box instead?

User Image  
[OOC] Official Events

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces