Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[GREENFLIGHT] over-seeped [ sahrawith's maiden flight! R2! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:59 pm
Really he was surprised she'd held on this long and, to be quite honest, so was she. There'd been signs for months that the green had been ready to rise, what with her flirting attitude and the fact that within the past few says she could basically light up the proverbial night with how much she was glowing; despite all of that Sahrawith had remained "in her skin" as she called it. Trapped on the ground through her own devices and maybe more than a little bit of R'ose's teenage angst.

Not anymore.

The sun was starting to set in the afternoon sky. It was a perfect time for those sick of the heat to take a break and enjoy some cold water or tea.

Or, in the case of an overly seeped green dragon, time to rise.

It's time. Her voice was all but a sensual purr in the head of her rider, and any dragon who happened to be nearby. R'ose looked up from his mid-afternoon snack, and all the panic he'd expected to feel was basically gone. Just a dull itch now that he desperately wanted scratched in the very same way his beloved green did. The sky's the limit for me. Come! The purr almost turned into a command as the green shrieked herself into the air, gorgeous wings spreading out widely as she announced herself to the Weyr.

Come and chase!! The smell of mint was on the air, and she was ready for the sampling!

User Image

Welcome to Sahrawith's extremely overdue maiden flight. Like, extremely. We can pretend this is backdated before the hatching even oh my Faranth.

ABOUT SAWI: Oldest green daughter from the Surprise Clutch, based on Moroccan Mint Tea. Enjoys fancy stories and the desire to fly. Favors blues and greens in terms of companions, but has a fine appreciation for anyone who dares to try and match her speed. Anyone who catches her is more than welcome to help themselves to sharing a ledge...and her rider.

ABOUT R'OSE: A bitter virgin who gave up. Resident loudmouth and semi-reformed troublemaker who still thinks he's hot wherrydung. Prefers the company of men and will only accept them in his weyr (sorry ladies!) 19 turns old, doesn't have an age limit preference.

------------------

HOW TO PLAY

Unlike most flights, Sahrawith's is all about speed and as such I wanted to try something a little new! The goal of this flight is, by the end of three rounds, to have the lowest score.

At the beginning of each round you have a choice: you can either roll 1d20 or 2d10s! The amount you roll is added to your base number provided below for your dragon's color as well as a few other things.

BASE STATS

Bronze dragons are +5
Brown dragons are +4
Blue dragons are +3
Green dragons are +2

If your dragon is....

Saith/Cynosuth: -2
Romantically aggressive: -1 (this is like...hella flirty/super forward)
Sappy: +1 (basically....teth levels)
Over 10 turns: -1
From outside High Reaches: -1

So for example: A bronze dragon would start at 5 pts, but he's over 10 turns and romantically aggressive = - 3! So his starting total is 2!

SAHRAWITH'S FLIGHT IS OPEN FOR HIGH REACHES AND WESTERN/NON-AFF DRAGONS ALIKE!

NPCs ARE WELCOME

(If you have any questions bout this let me know! I just wanted to try something a bit new so!)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:00 pm

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:24 pm
User Image

The day was bright and sunny, warm and inviting and terrible. From her ledge, Shoggoth stared into the daylight and hated it. Unwilling to venture out into the garish light, she instead had opted to coil about her rider, hissing ans spitting her displeasure, and thrumming with unspent energy with no available outlet. She wanted to race, to grasp, to rip and tear and hold, but she did not want to be out in that.

At least, not until a pale green speck rose, calling out, and snapped the tether holding the storm at bay. With a bone-chilling shriek of fury and desire, the huge green snapped to the edge of her high perch, claws digging into the stone as she watched the pretty little minty thing spiraling and soaring upwards. Her eyes bled red, then purple, the swirling colors blending into a deep maroon-like muck as she tracked the little morsel's flight... and then launched herself, twisting and lurching down to meet the rising maiden, all lashing tail and staring eyes. Such a fair, sweet little thing, come to give herself to me. I'll have you, pretty thing, if you dare let me any closer. A threat, a promise, full of terrible desire that the green could not quite decide how to act upon.

Down within the weyr the vicious green had flown from, Peresa snarled her displeasure. Her dragon’s want and desire ripped through her as if it were her own, no hope of holding it at bay on offer. With a hiss of displeasure she threw wide the door, half racing, half stalking down the many stairs beyond, in search of warmth and willing arms.

User Image

About Shoggoth: Shoggoth is a huge dragon, for a green. Easily larger than some blues, she's nearly, nearly large enough to rival a tiny brown. Shoggoth was born keenly aware of the corruption and inequality in the world. While that might have made some dragons keen to foster change, all it did was make Shoggoth angry. Her passions are dark and tempestuous, and only rarely would one ever call the dragon calm or quiet.
Pros: Versatile, committed, protective, resilient.
Cons: Wrathful, possessive, base, violent.

About Peresa: Peresa is one tough lady. Robust and broad-shouldered, she's a workhorse wrapped in warm skin. Peresa never gives up, and never gives in. She'll die trying, and go screaming to that death in a blaze of glory, given the chance. She feels all her emotions very intensely. Love, hate, joy, pain. she wears her emotions on her sleeve, and her collar, and her boot laces.
Pros: Resilient, brave, passionate, romantic.
Cons: Vicious, unforgiving, has a dark view of the world, suspicious.

BASE STATS
Green dragon: 2
TOTAL: 2  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:03 am
User Image

NPC Unaffiliated Rh'tyb and Green Alluith

Visiting High Reaches was always an interesting venture for the pair, but Rh’tyb usually swung around to visit his sister on her rest day. A good conversation, a midday meal to see where she was at in her life. All good as far as Rh’tyb was concerned. But he was itching some to get away from High Reaches once more. Truthfully, he liked it more than Benden, or any other hole-in-the-literal-wall Weyr he’d been privvy to seeing.

But the sudden tug of interest from Alluith gave Rh’tyb a start, feeling the sharpening of focus as she found something worth paying more attention to than the local firelizard faires.

Oh, she is lovely. Are you.. sure we need to leave just yet? Yet there’d be no breaking Alluith’s concentration. Quite a lovely green, and those wings were absolutely stunning.

Rh’tyb couldn’t help but chuckle to himself, slowing his walk as he gave her a mental push. Go, chase your candy -- and I’ll find my own. Blue eyes scanned about as he took in those around him -- and needing to find someone else to have a roll with.

With his nudge, her sharp, emerald wings snapped out, and she pushed off hard from the ground. There was one chaser already, and Alluith couldn’t help the slight hiss at Shoggoth -- competitive spirit never waned, even in the presence of another gorgeous green. She was still competition, after all. Facets turned to Sahrawith, a cascade of reds and purples for the minty green alone. You are lovely, little green. No doubt those lovely wings could take you across Pern itself. But would my claws not do you one better? Away from these… High Reaches dragons. She flexed her wings, spiralling up after the little, light green dragon. You deserve a proper green -- as free as the wind I get to race.

Rh’tyb: Unaffiliated Ranger Journeyman, visiting High Reaches for.. Reasons. What’s it to you? Want up in his business? Rude. Originally a Benden Rider, pretty blonde boy. Left due to pressure from his father after not impressing a bronze 12 turns ago and went to study as a ranger.
Pros: Charismatic, Family-oriented, Loyal
Cons: Antagonistic, Temperamental, Defensive
Available and looking (if someone wants an NPC)

Alluith: Speed demon extraordinaire and the ultimate lover makes up this scarred green. A green who fancies herself as a non-shiny, very green bronze, Alluith is nothing but passion and drive in spades. She’d rather punt Rh’tyb’s idiotic father than have dealt with his incessant ire over her hide color, but that’s apparently mean -- so she was rather happy to leave Benden for the open skies. Fights tooth and claw from returning to a Weyr, even with the high drive to return and Fight.
Pros: Competitive, Charming, Driven
Cons: Snitty, Possessive, Aggressive
Possibly open for catching another non-winning dragon

BASE STATS
Green dragons +2
Romantically aggressive: -1

Total: -1  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:53 pm
User Image

Threadfall had nothing on High Reaches Weyr. Something about this place made O'len wildly uncomfortable, and not even the heavy-handed influence of his adventurous dragon had piqued his curiosity long enough to linger when they'd had business here in the past. Of course, there had never been a pretty green rising mere minutes before they were due to leave either, and Sahrawith's summons had Aleyath practically throwing his rider at the edge of the Bowl and streaking off after her.

In all my days, I've never seen a lovelier dragon at this weyr. It would be my honor to spread stories of your beauty back home. Violet tinged the cheery blue of his eyes, and though they were mostly focused on the glowing green ahead, he did take Shoggoth's aggressive posturing into account as well. He really didn't feel like being clawed today.

O'len felt the hair on his arms begin to rise as Aleyath sped farther away from him. This was one of the more inconvenient places he could have been left, and as he shuffled off to find somewhere to hide, he kept his eyes on the skies.

Quote:
o'len is in a committed relationship and has a son with an NPC at western, but if you want temporary big kind soft muscle boy, i'm game because i'm a horrible person. it's his 22nd nameday in two IC days aw

aleyath likes to chase. did you know that greens get all shiny when they rise? hmm. yes. (he will catch/be caught by literally anyone during this, the hungriest time in his young life #noslutshaming)

brown: +4
from outside High Reaches: -1
-------------------------------------
start: +3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:30 pm
User Image

Green Chumanath of Merikh

High Reaches Weyr had been the stop today and Chumanath had bristled the entire time Merikh was going about. The dark skinned man seemed bemused by his dragons reaction to all of this doing his best to get under her hide more and more. It was when the man was flirting with a young apprentice Healer who had just finished her duties that Chumanath's anger reached a head.

I tire of this place. All of these bound and foolish dragons. Eyes whirling red, the green snapped at the empty air around her.

Hush my dear one. They do manage to keep the world and us alive so that we may do what we wish. Though he did not prefer High Reaches Weyr over Nabol. At Nabol there was more money to be made selling his Felis to those who had become addicted to it. I will be back soon, there is but one more stop and we shall go. With her anger as it was Merikh was not going to push his green.

Chumanath was only partly satisfied with his answer, eyes still whirling red as she sat and waited. The only thing that broke her concentration was a pretty young green taking to the skies and sending out a call. Others had already answered and Chumanath was quick to wing.

Find someone to satisfy you. I will take my prize for being brought here.

Merikh lifted his eyes to the sky, watching his green join the others with a small smirk upon his lips. It seemed he would enjoy some fun after all.

Once in the group Chumanath let red eyes flecked with purple fall upon the younger green. Her words reached out, a sensual and yet sharp touch to the young ones mind. Poor child, bound here and unable to journey and see the world as I have. If you could only see the world as I have seen, perhaps if you are mine tonight I shall tell you of them.

----------------------------------------------------------

Merikh: A Journeyman Apothecary who normally travels between Nabol and Bitra Hold but does make stops elsewhere when it is needed. A tall and lean dark skinned man who enjoys the finer things in life. Is very happy to find himself a lovely male or female to spend the night with, though he isn't the sweetest or most affectionate of men. He takes what he wants and does not care much about what the other needs.

Chumanath: Chumanath is a smaller and lithe green but do not let her size fool you, she is a force to be reckoned with. Whispering sweet nothings to turn the head of anyone she is rather manipulative and enjoys getting her way. She would rather be the chased but does enjoy claiming a prize every so often, especially if the prize is very lovely. The finest things in life are what Chumanath adores and she is quite use to her rider gifting her jewels and feeding her only the best meat.

Stats
Green Dragon: +2
Romantically Aggressive: -1
From Outside High Reaches: -1

Total Stats: 0  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aryath had been watching as L’iand practiced some form of fighting disinterestedly. When Sahrawith asked for chasers, he was more than pleased to join her in the sky. Let his rider tire himself out for pointless reasons, he would exert himself today for the best reason of all.

Launching into the air and laboring to get his massive frame upwards, Aryath called out to Sahrawith lovingly. You have chosen the perfect backdrop for your flight and it sets off your hide most extraordinarily. We will make everyone weep with envy at our beauty.

About Aryath: Believes he is the best thing on Pern. Generally good natured if you can get past the ego. Chases every lady.

About L’iand: All you really need to know is he is hightailing it for his weyr and not coming out until after the flight.

Brown: +4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:46 am
NPC Merope & Blue Lajoth

User Image

Tail flicking lazily over the edge of his ledge, a pale blue was baking in the heat of the summer evening, the mountains uncharacteristically hot for the season. At least in this area, Lajoth was listening to the litany of constant rumbling complaints running through his rider's head as she lay sweating through her light clothing. Merope was listing off all the cooler areas that they could have been visiting all the way to the wastes up to the north, where snow was still on the peaks of the mountains. Her camping gear had been sold for gear that would help her through threadfall.

She hated it.

Even the lanky blue was starting to heat up just a bit more, which was affecting his normal temper. Where he was laying it seemed that this day would pass in almost constant complaint and that was just... annoying. Boring. Listl...

It's time.

A cool sensation seemed to roll over his soft hide and instantly he rolled straight off his high weyrledge and dropped into the air, wings spreading out after falling a foot or two so that he could bank and follow the pale green up into the air. She was a young thing and the older blue watched her brilliant wings with curiosity, but the last thing he heard as he rose up past the weyr he'd just been lounging in was his rider growling "You can't be serious in this heat! Pick the one thing to do that could make it hotter?" Lajoth ignored her, simply sending a little wisp of amusement back her way as he rose higher and higher.

Beautiful Sahrawith, the sky is yours this evening and the sun itself is dim by comparison. Pern is yours for the taking! He twirled slightly and brought up images of a beautiful ocean for her.

---

Lajoth: A flighty and playful blue, he balances out his rather gruff rider with sheer sunshine. But sometimes it's... a bit much. Given his nomadic lifestyle before he never really got much opportunity to chase so he's rather new to it...

Merope: In another Pern she might have been playful and sweet, but after turns and turns of freedom she was suddenly tied down to a Weyr by her beloved dragon who felt the need to fight. She hates fighting and it's turned her more than a little bitter and grouchy.

Base Stats:
Blue Dragon: +3
Over 10 Turns: -1

Total: 2

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

sariraii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:39 am
Blue Asakoth of M'kaiUser Image

Asakoth was ready. He'd watched the green with interest as she'd glowed, waiting for the moment that she'd rise. The sudden interest the blue showed in chasing was uncomfortable for M'kai. He didn't mind, on some level, but it was kind of awkward, wasn't it? As the wave of lust flooded the man, he stood up, his legs with a mind of their own. He didn't go directly to R'ose's Weyr, but made his way in that general direction. Sharding Asakoth, with his sudden interest in wooing other dragons, albeit awkwardly.

The dragon, for his part, launched himself from M'kai's ledge, trumpeting loudly. Purples of lust filled his eyes, as he took to the skies behind Sahrawith I will chase! he declared, a hint of eagerness crawling into his usually-unenthused voice.

Asakoth is dry, sarcastic, and snarky, but he means well. He enjoys teasing his rider, and can be a bit mischievous, but he's protective, secretly-romantic, and insecure, deep down.

M'kai is an angry, anxious, awkward guy who is offputting with his curses and apparent irritation/prickly attitude. In truth, he has low self-esteem, and would do anything to save another, especially if he cared deeply for them.

Stats:
-Blue Dragon: +3
Total: 3  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:35 pm
Bronze Rekoriath of J'deen
User Image

The old bronze lifted his head up as a shimmering streak of green darted across the face of a setting sun, his eyes tracking her as she flared her wings wide. Yes, he'd been watching this one for quite some time, keeping an idly eye on her progress. Now, it was time. Rekoriath rose without haste, shaking himself languidly with all the patience of a stalking predator.

"You're goin'?" His rider drawled, looking up from the piece of wood he was delicately shaping with his knife.

Yes. He leapt from his ledge, plunging to the ground below before his wings snapped open wide, and the draft carried him across the Weyr to where she waited. Sahrawith. He rumbled, ignoring the others frantically flapping and flocking around her. I have waited for you. And he had, endlessly patient, always watching.

Now, it was time to claim her.

Bronze Rekoriath: Almost primordial in nature, tending to act on instinct. His lazy demeanor hides a deceptive cunning, and when he wants something, he pursues it without hesitation.

J'deen: Wiry, strong, and sometimes mean. He's a man who is confident in himself and his lot in life. Don't let his small frame fool you.

Stats
Bronze Dragon (+5)
Romantically Aggressive (-1)
Over 10 Turns (-1)
Total: 3  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:28 pm
The sheer number of dragons who answered her call was not surprising - Sahrawith knew her wings were beautiful after all - though she did allow herself a little humility over them. Many of them were strangers from outside the weyr, though a few familiar hides brought laughter to the air. So many lovely greens had answered that Sahrawith nearly vibrated with excitement - the arrival of a bronze and the browns and blues were greeted in much the same.

Shoggoth was a known face, a known temper, and she'd feel something akin to a slide against her side in a greeting. The stranger Alluith was treated the same, her words weighed and considered. Brown Aleyath was given a minty laugh as he was weighed and measured - her brother Aryath was given more of a snort. She knew how fast he was. Perks of growing up together, one supposed.

The outsider Chumanath was almost regarded with awe for her words, as Sahrawith did desire to fly long beyond High Reaches borders, but that didn't last long before she looked to the dragon comparing her beauty to the sun. Lajoth would be given an extra showing of her wings in an effort to completely drill in the fact she was lovelier than the sun. For now, anyway. Asakoth wasn't quite the stranger her mind called him to be as a native of High Reaches, but she knew so little about him. Would he show himself as he chased? And last, coming in like the massive beast he was, the bronze Rekoriath nearly called her to pause. Waiting for her? As if she'd believe that!

Having completed her surveying of her suitors, all individuals she'd love to know more in various ways, the green hrmmph and tossed her head back. Any one of you think you can catch me? You're welcome to try. There was something about her tone that could have been cocky but it instead came off more enticing as she swirled to show off once more. To the skies!

Quote:
roll 'em! you can choose to roll 1d20 or 2d10! the next round of rolling will be tomorrow (friday) at 7 pm est!

R'ose, for his part, was starting to feel it. Whatever it was happened to be strong enough that his snack was discarded, and with eyes that were becoming heavy he looked around. Someone would be coming for him and, although his heart held a faint wish for that one person, he knew he'd need to accept whomever showed. It was so much better than locking himself away with a headache that'd last too long.

Sawi, pick smart. That was all he had to say.

ShinosBee
Prism Shine
Smerdle
BastetAmun
faesinger
Hattaki
sariraii
Tsunake

Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:39 pm
NPC Unaffiliated Rh'tyb and Green Alluith

Her eyes flashed, red flooding at the presence of more suitors. No doubt a little green would draw the eye of so many. But her mental touch drew Alluith's attention, and she beat her wings a bit harder. Let these other dragons believe they have a chance -- only the fastest deserves you, and I am here.

Stretching almost languidly, Rh'tyb sauntered his way down, keeping at eye out. Hm, hm..

BASE STATS
Green dragons +2
Romantically aggressive: -1

Stats: -1
Round 1: 15
Total: 14  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

sariraii rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

sariraii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:06 pm
Blue Asakoth of M'kaiUser Image
Asakoth was the type who didn't much stand out, but he couldn't help his sudden interest in other dragons; he hadn't won a flight yet, but he was determined. An eternal romantic, he hoped to find more than just a mate--but for tonight, whatever Sahrawith wanted from him would do. He could mold himself to be what she wanted.

He knew he wasn't the most handsome blue, or the most appealing in many ways. Despite what M'kai thought of him, he doubted he was the best choice--but he would try regardless. You shine bright, Sahrawith--may you choose well! The sarcasm that flavored his voice, even when genuine, was barely there. He didn't sound dry and uninterested, instead sounding almost...excited? His eyes whirled with purples as he took off after the lovely green. With a flourish, he sped after her, showing off his speed, that he could try and keep up. He wasn't doing so poorly, now, was he?

She would choose well, even if it wasn't him, of that he was certain.

Stats: 3 (Blue)
-Round 1: 4
Total: 7  
ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:11 pm
User Image

The larger green's bulk shuddered deliciously at the mental touch of her prey. An invitation, yes... The arrival of so very many other suitors did little to soften her mood though, and Shoggoth lashed out with voice and claws at any who mistakenly drew near. They sought to take what was hers? She would cast them into the sand, to break like waves upon the shore! Flee all you like, pretty thing, I'll have you soon enough, hold you tight so you can't escape what pleasure I can give! She flung herself after the smaller female, a reckless plunge that served her well, crashing past any slower chasers who had the misfortune of being between her and her aim.

User Image

TOTAL SCORE: 2+8  

ShinosBee

Nerd

faesinger rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:02 pm
Aryath crooned back at Sahrawith. His sister deserved the best and he was ready and willing to give it to her. All she had to do was ask. With an extra flourish of his wings he set off chasing.

Brown: +4

Total: 3+7=10  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out