Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Prayer Request for my Family & Friends

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JenMarieLS

Friendly Gaian

5,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:16 am
Hello, everyone. Lately me and my mom have been going through really hard times in all areas of our lives. (Financial, mental & physical health, etc.) Both of us take care of my dad, who is 78 years old and has dementia. It has taken quite a toll on the both us, and we don't know what to do. We've considered putting him in a home so he can be well taken care of there, but we haven't been able to find a job to pay for our daily needs for us to make that decision. Our main and only source of income is my dad's social security check to pay for the bills and get groceries. (If nothing unplanned adds up to our expenses). I've applied to various jobs, but I haven't been called for an interview. Our only car is breaking down constantly, making it impossible for us to do and go where we need to, and our house is collapsing on us. (Electrical problems leaving us without power in most rooms of the house, leakage, etc.) I haven't even been able to get my driver's license, so I'd have to rely on my mom to take me to my job, if I were to land one.

We need your prayers, and for God to guide us and tell us what we should do in these hard times me and my mom are facing. I also need prayers for my unsaved friends and family.

Any advice you may have for us is also welcomed.

Thank you and God bless you all.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:58 pm
I'm so sorry. That's awful and so much to deal with. Praying for you all. heart heart  

Lindpen

Smitten Pumpkin

JenMarieLS

Friendly Gaian

5,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:31 pm
Lindpen
I'm so sorry. That's awful and so much to deal with. Praying for you all. heart heart

Thank you. emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:30 pm
Sorry to hear you're dealing with so much. I'm keeping you all in my prayers.  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

JenMarieLS

Friendly Gaian

5,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:04 pm
OtakuKat
Sorry to hear you're dealing with so much. I'm keeping you all in my prayers.

Thank you. emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:41 pm
edit: to capitalize a pronoun

Since you asked, as far as advice is concerned, I want to offer some on the spiritual side of things: analyze your life and your household's life for ways that may be deviating from God's Commands. I know it's uncomfortable when people suggest we may be offending God, a holy God who is jealous for us, but Scripture tells us to examine ourselves in this area. It is possible, even while professing belief in Jesus [sincerely] and wanting to follow Him, to be inviting His wrath for walking contrary to The Way. We can't presume that we're going through righteous suffering every single time by default. And though those examples do exist, like Job, they're not the most prevalent example in Scripture. He's a rarity, "Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?" - Job 1:8). The more abundant examples are of YHWH/Jesus sending plague on us, His believers, and the rest of humankind, to correct us when we walk deviantly from what He—as Creator—said to do. So take a moment to think over if you (and any believers of your house) are walking in an:

• 1 Corinthians 11:27-32 (NIV)

27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment. 32 Nevertheless, when we are judged in this way by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be finally condemned with the world.

• Deuteronomy 28:15-29 (NIV)

15 However, if you do not obey the Lord your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you:

16 You will be cursed in the city and cursed in the country.

17 Your basket and your kneading trough will be cursed.

18 The fruit of your womb will be cursed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.

19 You will be cursed when you come in and cursed when you go out.

20 The Lord will send on you curses, confusion and rebuke in everything you put your hand to, until you are destroyed and come to sudden ruin because of the evil you have done in forsaking him.[a] 21 The Lord will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess. 22 The Lord will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish. 23 The sky over your head will be bronze, the ground beneath you iron. 24 The Lord will turn the rain of your country into dust and powder; it will come down from the skies until you are destroyed.

25 The Lord will cause you to be defeated before your enemies. You will come at them from one direction but flee from them in seven, and you will become a thing of horror to all the kingdoms on earth. 26 Your carcasses will be food for all the birds and the wild animals, and there will be no one to frighten them away. 27 The Lord will afflict you with the boils of Egypt and with tumors, festering sores and the itch, from which you cannot be cured. 28 The Lord will afflict you with madness, blindness and confusion of mind. 29 At midday you will grope about like a blind person in the dark. You will be unsuccessful in everything you do; day after day you will be oppressed and robbed, with no one to rescue you.

Footnotes:

a. Deuteronomy 28:20 Hebrew me

• Revelation 2:18-25 (NIV)

18 “To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:

These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze. 19 I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first.

20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21 I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22 So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

24 Now I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, to you who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned Satan’s so-called deep secrets, ‘I will not impose any other burden on you, 25 except to hold on to what you have until I come.’

• Revelation 9:20-21 (NIV)

20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk. 21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Even inside His church, those who call themselves by His Name, He sees the honoring of idols (valuing demonic beliefs [what the pagans honor], or valuing symbols that represent false beliefs—idols—with their food, money, words, time [sacrificing these things to it / to honor it], or a false, deviated image of who He is [e.g. golden calf even in His Name]).

Also, technology has made everything easier; even sin is easier to commit: it's very easy to commit theft (piracy), playing an illegal upload on YouTube (not the official upload of the artist nor a channel that has legitimate permission to upload it; robbing the artist of their deserved profits, etc). So, examine. With Job, affliction comes to a blameless one to prove your obedience, for all to see, that even under affliction you don't turn away from the Commands of God, nor from trusting in Him, and in His goodness. I'm not a witness to anything you've done in your life (or that your family has done) outside of what I can see in this topic. So that's for you to meditate over and analyze.

If you're not Job, and are able to identify deviances, acknowledge them for the sinful things they are, confess your sins to Him, turn away from them, and His wrath lets up.

• 2 Chronicles 32:26 (NIV)

26 Then Hezekiah repented of the pride of his heart, as did the people of Jerusalem; therefore the Lord’s wrath did not come on them during the days of Hezekiah.

However, to help you identify something, of what I can witness in you in this topic, and I've taken this log out of my own eye so I can clearly see it in you, that you commit and see you welcoming, thus showing approval of, those who commit this:

• Isaiah 57:8 (NIV)

8 Behind your doors and your doorposts
            you have put your pagan symbols.
        Forsaking me, you uncovered your bed,
            you climbed into it and opened it wide;
        you made a pact with those whose beds you love,
            and you looked with lust on their naked bodies.

• Zephaniah 1:8 (NIV)

8    “On the day of the Lord’s sacrifice
              I will punish the officials
              and the king’s sons
            and all those clad
              in foreign clothes.

Necessary context: at the time of Zephaniah, Israel was the only nation set-apart to the Most High God in covenant; by definition that means the dress of the foreigners (other nations) did not honor YHWH and His Commands, and, on top of putting their trust in political alliances instead of in Him, could have had symbols on their clothing that honor the false beliefs in that culture—whether as an accessory or the meaning behind a particular garment and the false beliefs attached to that.

A Biblical example, Achan, in Joshua 7, tried to salvage a foreign garment from Babylon (thus, implied, honored idolatrous beliefs and ways). Not just his whole household, but the whole nation, came under judgment as a consequence (YHWH's favor was no longer on them to drive out the pagans, drive out the unbelievers / unbelief from their promised land, because they had done something that made it seem like they valued their idolatrous beliefs, the very thing He wanted defeated; for full context, you can read the chapter [Joshua 7] on your own, but what I want to draw your attention to).

• Joshua 7:1 (NIV)

7 But the Israelites were unfaithful in regard to the devoted things[a]; Achan son of Karmi, the son of Zimri,[b] the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took some of them. So the Lord’s anger burned against Israel.

Footnotes:

a. Joshua 7:1 The Hebrew term refers to the irrevocable giving over of things or persons to the Lord, often by totally destroying them; also in verses 11, 12, 13 and 15.
        b. Joshua 7:1 See Septuagint and 1 Chron. 2:6; Hebrew Zabdi; also in verses 17 and 18.

• Joshua 7:20-21 (NIV)

20 Achan replied, “It is true! I have sinned against the Lord, the God of Israel. This is what I have done: 21 When I saw in the plunder a beautiful robe from Babylonia,[a] two hundred shekels[b] of silver and a bar of gold weighing fifty shekels,[c] I coveted them and took them. They are hidden in the ground inside my tent, with the silver underneath.”

Footnotes:

a. Joshua 7:21 Hebrew Shinar
        b. Joshua 7:21 That is, about 5 pounds or about 2.3 kilograms
        c. Joshua 7:21 That is, about 1 1/4 pounds or about 575 grams

These items were under the ban, to be disposed of, trashed, not salvaged. Whether Achan knew the meaning or not, he was guided by the lust of his eyes (sensually pleasing [beautiful] and greed [the silver and gold]), not caring what it meant, what it conveyed, seeing the matter from YHWH's perspective [this is worthless, trash it], His instructions: don't associate with these idolatrous garments (nor allowing greed to determine your behavior; My Commands determine how you earn your wealth—careful what you're doing to earn it).

In light of your avatar (yes, even in this, doesn't matter how this physically manifests, but that you approved of the idol/image in your heart [even if you don't know the meaning]):

Quote:
Japanese gardening is designed to engage and be engaged with and the use of bridges is no exception. The true significance of a Japanese bridge is not merely practical but has strong spiritual connotations that help the visitor to engage in a more meditative experience while exploring the garden.

The spiritual meanings of Japanese bridges can range from deeply religious sentiments rooted in Buddhism, to a more Taoist philosophy inspired by Chinese culture.

http://www.bigblogofgardening.com/the-significance-of-bridges-in-japanese-gardening/

The false beliefs attached to the symbol:

Buddhism is atheist in nature (and has you bowing before idols / statues, even if not of God, of mere men; still condemned by the examples in the Book of Daniel). This denies YHWH and His Commands.

Quote:
There is no belief in a personal god. Buddhists believe that nothing is fixed or permanent and that change is always possible. The path to Enlightenment is through the practice and development of morality, meditation and wisdom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/buddhism/ataglance/glance.shtml

In contrast:

• Exodus 20:2 (NIV)

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

• Exodus 24:9-11 (NIV)

9 Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up 10 and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of lapis lazuli, as bright blue as the sky. 11 But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; they saw God, and they ate and drank.

• Deuteronomy 4:7 (NIV)

7 What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to him?

YHWH is God, a sentient mind, with His own personality, and can even manifest with a physical body. He knows us personally as well.

Quote:
Buddhists get criticized as idol worshippers because we bow to statues of the Buddha and Bodhisattvas. People mistakenly think that we are superstitiously worshipping idols made of clay and gold inside the statue.

So it’s important to understand the “why” behind this practice – because there are very good reasons why.

Master Hsu Yun answers that the Buddha spoke his teachings to reveal the Truth to people but this can be pretty abstract and difficult for people to conceptualize. So a tangible symbol is used as skilful means to arouse feelings of awe and reverence, feelings of admiration and respect.

If we can’t arouse these sorts of feelings of reverence in someone – they will more easily commit unwholesome acts – that harm others and themselves. So physical symbols are used to represent virtues that people can aspire towards – and the effect that this can have on people can be immense.

https://essenceofbuddhism.wordpress.com/2013/09/22/why-do-buddhists-bow-to-statues/

Reality:

• Leviticus 26:1 (KJV)

26 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God.

• Daniel 3:8-12 (NIV)

8 At this time some astrologers[a] came forward and denounced the Jews. 9 They said to King Nebuchadnezzar, “May the king live forever! 10 Your Majesty has issued a decree that everyone who hears the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music must fall down and worship the image of gold, 11 and that whoever does not fall down and worship will be thrown into a blazing furnace. 12 But there are some Jews whom you have set over the affairs of the province of Babylon—Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego—who pay no attention to you, Your Majesty. They neither serve your gods nor worship the image of gold you have set up.”

Footnotes:

a. Daniel 3:8 Or Chaldeans

• Daniel 3:18 (NIV)

18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.

Don't submit to it, don't respect or value their philosophies, their beliefs, how they reason, or make it seem like you do by wearing their symbols; it's false and worthless.

• Habakkuk 2:18 (NIV)

18 “Of what value is an idol carved by a craftsman?
            Or an image that teaches lies?
        For the one who makes it trusts in his own creation;
            he makes idols that cannot speak.

Taoism, as well as being atheist, also denies YHWH elsewhere; an example:

J. Isamu Yamamoto
Thus, perceiving reality in dualistic terms hinders one's comprehension of the Tao. Good and evil, right and wrong, true and false, and other dualities are relative perceptions. “ 'Right' and 'wrong are just words which we may apply to the same thing, “says Herrlee Creel, “depending upon which partial viewpoint we see it from. For each individual there is a different 'true' and a different 'false.' From the transcendent standpoint of the tao all such things are irrelevant."

[Buddhism: Buddhism, Taoism and Other Far Eastern Religions]

Whether we can perceive right and wrong properly or not, that doesn't change that absolute right and wrong does exist from YHWH's perspective; there are examples in Scripture (both prophesied and historical examples, which I'll provide) that show: when we're unaware that something is wrong, we still reap the consequences. The severity may be less if we didn't know any better, but we still suffer—natural consequences and divinely sent ones—despite our ignorance/unawareness:

• Luke 12:47-48 (NIV)

47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

So, for instance, despite Abimelek, the king of Gerar, not knowing that Sarah was married, already another man's wife, for having intentions of marrying an already married woman, divine judgment came upon his whole house:

• Genesis 20:2-7 (NIV)

2 and there Abraham said of his wife Sarah, “She is my sister.” Then Abimelek king of Gerar sent for Sarah and took her.

3 But God came to Abimelek in a dream one night and said to him, “You are as good as dead because of the woman you have taken; she is a married woman.”

4 Now Abimelek had not gone near her, so he said, “Lord, will you destroy an innocent nation? 5 Did he not say to me, ‘She is my sister,’ and didn’t she also say, ‘He is my brother’? I have done this with a clear conscience and clean hands.”

6 Then God said to him in the dream, “Yes, I know you did this with a clear conscience, and so I have kept you from sinning against me. That is why I did not let you touch her. 7 Now return the man’s wife, for he is a prophet, and he will pray for you and you will live. But if you do not return her, you may be sure that you and all who belong to you will die.”

• Genesis 20:17-18 (NIV)

17 Then Abraham prayed to God, and God healed Abimelek, his wife and his female slaves so they could have children again, 18 for the Lord had kept all the women in Abimelek’s household from conceiving because of Abraham’s wife Sarah.

God sent a plague of barrenness in response even though he was ignorant / unaware that he was doing anything wrong. But, considering he was ignorant, the divine judgment was not too severe (but, still, it was upon him and his whole house). And God was impeding him from committing any further wrong unawares.

In contrast, the priests who know the Law, and thus know more and know better, smited on the spot (more severe judgment). Context for the following, the ark of YHWH (essentially, a wooden treasure chest overlaid with gold that carried the Commandments of God) was not to be touched directly, but only carried by the poles, otherwise they'd die:

• Numbers 4:15 (NIV)

15 “After Aaron and his sons have finished covering the holy furnishings and all the holy articles, and when the camp is ready to move, only then are the Kohathites to come and do the carrying. But they must not touch the holy things or they will die. The Kohathites are to carry those things that are in the tent of meeting.

• Exodus 25:14-15 (NIV)

14 Insert the poles into the rings on the sides of the ark to carry it. 15 The poles are to remain in the rings of this ark; they are not to be removed.

• 2 Samuel 6:6-7 (NIV)

6 When they came to the threshing floor of Nakon, Uzzah reached out and took hold of the ark of God, because the oxen stumbled. 7 The Lord’s anger burned against Uzzah because of his irreverent act; therefore God struck him down, and he died there beside the ark of God.

Uzzah is a priest, he knows the Law of God, he knows better than the king of Gerar, (and even physical contact), ergo more severe judgment, instant and severe. Know more, beaten more severely; know less, beaten less severely, but still beaten by YHWH's divine judgment.

So whether a human being perceives something to be wrong or not, or even knows that something is wrong or not, it's still wrong. There are consequences regardless of what we personally believe. Not compatible with Taoism who alleges all right and wrong is relative. Right and wrong are not just words. And here too the Word of God demonstrated that whether Gentile (Abimelek) or of the nation of Israel (Uzzah), that didn't change YHWH's absolute standards even if met with less severity in the rebuke for being unwares (unfamiliar—Gentiles didn't know the Law). But still, the consequences happened and divine wrath unleashed.

Same: there are physical things that can contaminate our body whether we believe they do or not (and I include here false demonic interpretations of what's written to dissuade us from believing as YHWH sees a matter and from seeing everything written on the page):

• 2 Corinthians 7:1 (NIV)

7 Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

• Leviticus 14:39-41 (NIV)

39 On the seventh day the priest shall return to inspect the house. If the mold has spread on the walls, 40 he is to order that the contaminated stones be torn out and thrown into an unclean place outside the town. 41 He must have all the inside walls of the house scraped and the material that is scraped off dumped into an unclean place outside the town.

• 2 Corinthians 6:16-17 (NIV)

16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will live with them
                and walk among them,
            and I will be their God,
                and they will be my people.”
        [a]

17 Therefore,

“Come out from them
                and be separate,
                  says the Lord.
            Touch no unclean thing,
                and I will receive you.”
        [b]

Footnotes:

a. 2 Corinthians 6:16 Lev. 26:12; Jer. 32:38; Ezek. 37:27
        b. 2 Corinthians 6:17 Isaiah 52:11; Ezek. 20:34,41

Whether an unclean belief / idea or a spreading mold in your house, it's contaminating. This doesn't vary from person to person, Jew and Gentile; it just is. So Taoism is an idolatrous belief of the nation that should not be honored by us (or seemingly honored by us, by what we wear, the symbols we adopt, on our house, on our body [or a representation of our body], in anything that's ours that can be associated with us, and ultimately with YHWH. He does not want false beliefs getting associated with Him and us as His believers). We attack it, defeat it, if it's amongst us. Otherwise, it is to be absent from amongst us—no room for the interpretation that we approve of the false ideas attached.

Otherwise, aside from suffering the natural consequences and divinely sent consequences (for valuing the idol/image in our hearts), He will also not give us favor to conquer other souls to the truth. As the rest of the context in Joshua 7 reveals, for Achan taking that foreign robe (amongst other things, but this robe included), the whole nation failed to drive out the lies / unbelief and false beliefs—and the pagans themselves. Only the truth can be honored by us to have the divine favor to win anyone to the truth and defeat the lies (and stop receiving judgment/plague from God).

• 2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV)

5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Our own first, then that of others.

These far eastern religions are full of unclean ideas; so, if we're faithful (loyal) to YHWH—the Way, the Truth, and the Life—we need to avoid wearing their spiritually significant symbols.

Also,

• Deuteronomy 18:9-11 (NIV)

9 When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead.

attention:
Lindpen

Take heed, please.

Don't wear their dress either; don't associate with the false beliefs. Witches are not empowered by the Holy Spirit, but demons (if it's not the useless kind but one that invokes actual spirits). As His follower, and faithful spouse, we must only reflect the actual Way, The Truth, and the Life. Ultimately we're suppose to reflect His Will, not our own, nor that of the nations, but be an accurate reflection of what His Word says, be conformed to His image, not the world's (and their way of thinking).

We can neither associate with their demonic symbols / the symbols of false beliefs nor yoke ourselves to those in YHWH's / Jesus' Name who do this.

• 1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (NIV)

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[a] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”[b]

Footnotes:

a. 1 Corinthians 5:11 The Greek word for brother or sister (adelphos) refers here to a believer, whether man or woman, as part of God’s family; also in 8:11, 13.
        b. 1 Corinthians 5:13 Deut. 13:5; 17:7; 19:19; 21:21; 22:21,24; 24:7

If they don't repent upon receiving correction, we must expel them from amongst us; that's how severe this is in YHWH's eyes (because ultimately it's His reputation that we damage for associating ourselves with the false beliefs [and false ways] of the nations / the world, which He wants defeated / cast out, not kept alive much less by us who claim to walk in the Truth, the Way, and the Life).

If we don't correct sin adequately, He will send divine judgment against us—whether we're aware that the circumstances happening to us and around us are manifestations of this judgment from Him or we're ignorant of it. He gives us time to repent, but if we're deviated somewhere, He sends discipline to get us to pause, meditate on what's happening, examine ourselves and repent of anything that needs repenting of in light of His Commands.

• 1 Corinthians 10:19-22 (NIV)

19 Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. 22 Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

• James 4:4-6 (NIV)

4 You adulterous people,[a] don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us[b]? 6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:

“God opposes the proud
              but shows favor to the humble.”[c]

Footnotes:

a. James 4:4 An allusion to covenant unfaithfulness; see Hosea 3:1.
        b. James 4:5 Or that the spirit he caused to dwell in us envies intensely; or that the Spirit he caused to dwell in us longs jealously
        c. James 4:6 Prov. 3:34

The conditions of the marriage covenant, what He promises to do for us if we're faithful (loyal) and what He promises to do to us if we're adulteresses—flirting with or outright becoming one with other lovers on the side (idols, false beliefs of the nations, and their false ways—and the symbols that represent them), is something we need to be aware of. Otherwise, even unawares, we stir up His jealousy:

• Proverbs 6:34-35 (NIV)

34 For jealousy arouses a husband’s fury,
        and he will show no mercy when he takes revenge.
        35 He will not accept any compensation;
        he will refuse a bribe, however great it is.

• 2 Corinthians 11:2 (NIV)

2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.

Like I said, I haven't witnessed anything else of your life outside of this topic. However, if this little snippet is indicative of what you have been approving of, even unawares, in your heart as you go about the world, the chances are high that YHWH's judgment is upon your father's house (because of what he or you all may be approving of, walking in); so, repent of them ASAP as soon as you identify them. YHWH will send you messages and messengers so you can do so. And pray to Him acknowledging that you have a heart that wants to please Him, and even if you don't know all of His Commands yet, to have mercy on you as you go about learning it.

• 2 Chronicles 30:18-20 (NIV)

18 Although most of the many people who came from Ephraim, Manasseh, Issachar and Zebulun had not purified themselves, yet they ate the Passover, contrary to what was written. But Hezekiah prayed for them, saying, “May the Lord, who is good, pardon everyone 19 who sets their heart on seeking God—the Lord, the God of their ancestors—even if they are not clean according to the rules of the sanctuary.” 20 And the Lord heard Hezekiah and healed the people.

If you want more a more in-depth topic that guides you through identifying how all these judgments may manifest (including when affliction is not judgment from God), I leave this topic [The Divine Judgments of God ] for you to analyze in your own time.

Peace be with you. ♡

cristobela
Vice Captain

JenMarieLS

Friendly Gaian

5,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:17 pm
cristobela
edit: to capitalize a pronoun

Since you asked, as far as advice is concerned, I want to offer some on the spiritual side of things: analyze your life and your household's life for ways that may be deviating from God's Commands. I know it's uncomfortable when people suggest we may be offending God, a holy God who is jealous for us, but Scripture tells us to examine ourselves in this area. It is possible, even while professing belief in Jesus [sincerely] and wanting to follow Him, to be inviting His wrath for walking contrary to The Way. We can't presume that we're going through righteous suffering every single time by default. And though those examples do exist, like Job, they're not the most prevalent example in Scripture. He's a rarity, "Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?" - Job 1:8). The more abundant examples are of YHWH/Jesus sending plague on us, His believers, and the rest of humankind, to correct us when we walk deviantly from what He—as Creator—said to do. So take a moment to think over if you (and any believers of your house) are walking in an:

• 1 Corinthians 11:27-32 (NIV)

27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves. 30 That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment. 32 Nevertheless, when we are judged in this way by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be finally condemned with the world.

• Deuteronomy 28:15-29 (NIV)

15 However, if you do not obey the Lord your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you:

16 You will be cursed in the city and cursed in the country.

17 Your basket and your kneading trough will be cursed.

18 The fruit of your womb will be cursed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.

19 You will be cursed when you come in and cursed when you go out.

20 The Lord will send on you curses, confusion and rebuke in everything you put your hand to, until you are destroyed and come to sudden ruin because of the evil you have done in forsaking him.[a] 21 The Lord will plague you with diseases until he has destroyed you from the land you are entering to possess. 22 The Lord will strike you with wasting disease, with fever and inflammation, with scorching heat and drought, with blight and mildew, which will plague you until you perish. 23 The sky over your head will be bronze, the ground beneath you iron. 24 The Lord will turn the rain of your country into dust and powder; it will come down from the skies until you are destroyed.

25 The Lord will cause you to be defeated before your enemies. You will come at them from one direction but flee from them in seven, and you will become a thing of horror to all the kingdoms on earth. 26 Your carcasses will be food for all the birds and the wild animals, and there will be no one to frighten them away. 27 The Lord will afflict you with the boils of Egypt and with tumors, festering sores and the itch, from which you cannot be cured. 28 The Lord will afflict you with madness, blindness and confusion of mind. 29 At midday you will grope about like a blind person in the dark. You will be unsuccessful in everything you do; day after day you will be oppressed and robbed, with no one to rescue you.

Footnotes:

a. Deuteronomy 28:20 Hebrew me

• Revelation 2:18-25 (NIV)

18 “To the angel of the church in Thyatira write:

These are the words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like blazing fire and whose feet are like burnished bronze. 19 I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first.

20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21 I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22 So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds.

24 Now I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, to you who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned Satan’s so-called deep secrets, ‘I will not impose any other burden on you, 25 except to hold on to what you have until I come.’

• Revelation 9:20-21 (NIV)

20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk. 21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Even inside His church, those who call themselves by His Name, He sees the honoring of idols (valuing demonic beliefs [what the pagans honor], or valuing symbols that represent false beliefs—idols—with their food, money, words, time [sacrificing these things to it / to honor it], or a false, deviated image of who He is [e.g. golden calf even in His Name]).

Also, technology has made everything easier; even sin is easier to commit: it's very easy to commit theft (piracy), playing an illegal upload on YouTube (not the official upload of the artist nor a channel that has legitimate permission to upload it; robbing the artist of their deserved profits, etc). So, examine. With Job, affliction comes to a blameless one to prove your obedience, for all to see, that even under affliction you don't turn away from the Commands of God, nor from trusting in Him, and in His goodness. I'm not a witness to anything you've done in your life (or that your family has done) outside of what I can see in this topic. So that's for you to meditate over and analyze.

If you're not Job, and are able to identify deviances, acknowledge them for the sinful things they are, confess your sins to Him, turn away from them, and His wrath lets up.

• 2 Chronicles 32:26 (NIV)

26 Then Hezekiah repented of the pride of his heart, as did the people of Jerusalem; therefore the Lord’s wrath did not come on them during the days of Hezekiah.

However, to help you identify something, of what I can witness in you in this topic, and I've taken this log out of my own eye so I can clearly see it in you, that you commit and see you welcoming, thus showing approval of, those who commit this:

• Isaiah 57:8 (NIV)

8 Behind your doors and your doorposts
            you have put your pagan symbols.
        Forsaking me, you uncovered your bed,
            you climbed into it and opened it wide;
        you made a pact with those whose beds you love,
            and you looked with lust on their naked bodies.

• Zephaniah 1:8 (NIV)

8    “On the day of the Lord’s sacrifice
              I will punish the officials
              and the king’s sons
            and all those clad
              in foreign clothes.

Necessary context: at the time of Zephaniah, Israel was the only nation set-apart to the Most High God in covenant; by definition that means the dress of the foreigners (other nations) did not honor YHWH and His Commands, and, on top of putting their trust in political alliances instead of in Him, could have had symbols on their clothing that honor the false beliefs in that culture—whether as an accessory or the meaning behind a particular garment and the false beliefs attached to that.

A Biblical example, Achan, in Joshua 7, tried to salvage a foreign garment from Babylon (thus, implied, honored idolatrous beliefs and ways). Not just his whole household, but the whole nation, came under judgment as a consequence (YHWH's favor was no longer on them to drive out the pagans, drive out the unbelievers / unbelief from their promised land, because they had done something that made it seem like they valued their idolatrous beliefs, the very thing He wanted defeated; for full context, you can read the chapter [Joshua 7] on your own, but what I want to draw your attention to).

• Joshua 7:1 (NIV)

7 But the Israelites were unfaithful in regard to the devoted things[a]; Achan son of Karmi, the son of Zimri,[b] the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took some of them. So the Lord’s anger burned against Israel.

Footnotes:

a. Joshua 7:1 The Hebrew term refers to the irrevocable giving over of things or persons to the Lord, often by totally destroying them; also in verses 11, 12, 13 and 15.
        b. Joshua 7:1 See Septuagint and 1 Chron. 2:6; Hebrew Zabdi; also in verses 17 and 18.

• Joshua 7:20-21 (NIV)

20 Achan replied, “It is true! I have sinned against the Lord, the God of Israel. This is what I have done: 21 When I saw in the plunder a beautiful robe from Babylonia,[a] two hundred shekels[b] of silver and a bar of gold weighing fifty shekels,[c] I coveted them and took them. They are hidden in the ground inside my tent, with the silver underneath.”

Footnotes:

a. Joshua 7:21 Hebrew Shinar
        b. Joshua 7:21 That is, about 5 pounds or about 2.3 kilograms
        c. Joshua 7:21 That is, about 1 1/4 pounds or about 575 grams

These items were under the ban, to be disposed of, trashed, not salvaged. Whether Achan knew the meaning or not, he was guided by the lust of his eyes (sensually pleasing [beautiful] and greed [the silver and gold]), not caring what it meant, what it conveyed, seeing the matter from YHWH's perspective [this is worthless, trash it], His instructions: don't associate with these idolatrous garments (nor allowing greed to determine your behavior; My Commands determine how you earn your wealth—careful what you're doing to earn it).

In light of your avatar (yes, even in this, doesn't matter how this physically manifests, but that you approved of the idol/image in your heart [even if you don't know the meaning]):

Quote:
Japanese gardening is designed to engage and be engaged with and the use of bridges is no exception. The true significance of a Japanese bridge is not merely practical but has strong spiritual connotations that help the visitor to engage in a more meditative experience while exploring the garden.

The spiritual meanings of Japanese bridges can range from deeply religious sentiments rooted in Buddhism, to a more Taoist philosophy inspired by Chinese culture.

http://www.bigblogofgardening.com/the-significance-of-bridges-in-japanese-gardening/

The false beliefs attached to the symbol:

Buddhism is atheist in nature (and has you bowing before idols / statues, even if not of God, of mere men; still condemned by the examples in the Book of Daniel). This denies YHWH and His Commands.

Quote:
There is no belief in a personal god. Buddhists believe that nothing is fixed or permanent and that change is always possible. The path to Enlightenment is through the practice and development of morality, meditation and wisdom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/buddhism/ataglance/glance.shtml

In contrast:

• Exodus 20:2 (NIV)

2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

• Exodus 24:9-11 (NIV)

9 Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up 10 and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of lapis lazuli, as bright blue as the sky. 11 But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; they saw God, and they ate and drank.

• Deuteronomy 4:7 (NIV)

7 What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to him?

YHWH is God, a sentient mind, with His own personality, and can even manifest with a physical body. He knows us personally as well.

Quote:
Buddhists get criticized as idol worshippers because we bow to statues of the Buddha and Bodhisattvas. People mistakenly think that we are superstitiously worshipping idols made of clay and gold inside the statue.

So it’s important to understand the “why” behind this practice – because there are very good reasons why.

Master Hsu Yun answers that the Buddha spoke his teachings to reveal the Truth to people but this can be pretty abstract and difficult for people to conceptualize. So a tangible symbol is used as skilful means to arouse feelings of awe and reverence, feelings of admiration and respect.

If we can’t arouse these sorts of feelings of reverence in someone – they will more easily commit unwholesome acts – that harm others and themselves. So physical symbols are used to represent virtues that people can aspire towards – and the effect that this can have on people can be immense.

https://essenceofbuddhism.wordpress.com/2013/09/22/why-do-buddhists-bow-to-statues/

Reality:

• Leviticus 26:1 (KJV)

26 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God.

• Daniel 3:8-12 (NIV)

8 At this time some astrologers[a] came forward and denounced the Jews. 9 They said to King Nebuchadnezzar, “May the king live forever! 10 Your Majesty has issued a decree that everyone who hears the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music must fall down and worship the image of gold, 11 and that whoever does not fall down and worship will be thrown into a blazing furnace. 12 But there are some Jews whom you have set over the affairs of the province of Babylon—Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego—who pay no attention to you, Your Majesty. They neither serve your gods nor worship the image of gold you have set up.”

Footnotes:

a. Daniel 3:8 Or Chaldeans

• Daniel 3:18 (NIV)

18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.

Don't submit to it, don't respect or value their philosophies, their beliefs, how they reason, or make it seem like you do by wearing their symbols; it's false and worthless.

• Habakkuk 2:18 (NIV)

18 “Of what value is an idol carved by a craftsman?
            Or an image that teaches lies?
        For the one who makes it trusts in his own creation;
            he makes idols that cannot speak.

Taoism, as well as being atheist, also denies YHWH elsewhere; an example:

J. Isamu Yamamoto
Thus, perceiving reality in dualistic terms hinders one's comprehension of the Tao. Good and evil, right and wrong, true and false, and other dualities are relative perceptions. “ 'Right' and 'wrong are just words which we may apply to the same thing, “says Herrlee Creel, “depending upon which partial viewpoint we see it from. For each individual there is a different 'true' and a different 'false.' From the transcendent standpoint of the tao all such things are irrelevant."

[Buddhism: Buddhism, Taoism and Other Far Eastern Religions]

Whether we can perceive right and wrong properly or not, that doesn't change that absolute right and wrong does exist from YHWH's perspective; there are examples in Scripture (both prophesied and historical examples, which I'll provide) that show: when we're unaware that something is wrong, we still reap the consequences. The severity may be less if we didn't know any better, but we still suffer—natural consequences and divinely sent ones—despite our ignorance/unawareness:

• Luke 12:47-48 (NIV)

47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

So, for instance, despite Abimelek, the king of Gerar, not knowing that Sarah was married, already another man's wife, for having intentions of marrying an already married woman, divine judgment came upon his whole house:

• Genesis 20:2-7 (NIV)

2 and there Abraham said of his wife Sarah, “She is my sister.” Then Abimelek king of Gerar sent for Sarah and took her.

3 But God came to Abimelek in a dream one night and said to him, “You are as good as dead because of the woman you have taken; she is a married woman.”

4 Now Abimelek had not gone near her, so he said, “Lord, will you destroy an innocent nation? 5 Did he not say to me, ‘She is my sister,’ and didn’t she also say, ‘He is my brother’? I have done this with a clear conscience and clean hands.”

6 Then God said to him in the dream, “Yes, I know you did this with a clear conscience, and so I have kept you from sinning against me. That is why I did not let you touch her. 7 Now return the man’s wife, for he is a prophet, and he will pray for you and you will live. But if you do not return her, you may be sure that you and all who belong to you will die.”

• Genesis 20:17-18 (NIV)

17 Then Abraham prayed to God, and God healed Abimelek, his wife and his female slaves so they could have children again, 18 for the Lord had kept all the women in Abimelek’s household from conceiving because of Abraham’s wife Sarah.

God sent a plague of barrenness in response even though he was ignorant / unaware that he was doing anything wrong. But, considering he was ignorant, the divine judgment was not too severe (but, still, it was upon him and his whole house). And God was impeding him from committing any further wrong unawares.

In contrast, the priests who know the Law, and thus know more and know better, smited on the spot (more severe judgment). Context for the following, the ark of YHWH (essentially, a wooden treasure chest overlaid with gold that carried the Commandments of God) was not to be touched directly, but only carried by the poles, otherwise they'd die:

• Numbers 4:15 (NIV)

15 “After Aaron and his sons have finished covering the holy furnishings and all the holy articles, and when the camp is ready to move, only then are the Kohathites to come and do the carrying. But they must not touch the holy things or they will die. The Kohathites are to carry those things that are in the tent of meeting.

• Exodus 25:14-15 (NIV)

14 Insert the poles into the rings on the sides of the ark to carry it. 15 The poles are to remain in the rings of this ark; they are not to be removed.

• 2 Samuel 6:6-7 (NIV)

6 When they came to the threshing floor of Nakon, Uzzah reached out and took hold of the ark of God, because the oxen stumbled. 7 The Lord’s anger burned against Uzzah because of his irreverent act; therefore God struck him down, and he died there beside the ark of God.

Uzzah is a priest, he knows the Law of God, he knows better than the king of Gerar, (and even physical contact), ergo more severe judgment, instant and severe. Know more, beaten more severely; know less, beaten less severely, but still beaten by YHWH's divine judgment.

So whether a human being perceives something to be wrong or not, or even knows that something is wrong or not, it's still wrong. There are consequences regardless of what we personally believe. Not compatible with Taoism who alleges all right and wrong is relative. Right and wrong are not just words. And here too the Word of God demonstrated that whether Gentile (Abimelek) or of the nation of Israel (Uzzah), that didn't change YHWH's absolute standards even if met with less severity in the rebuke for being unwares (unfamiliar—Gentiles didn't know the Law). But still, the consequences happened and divine wrath unleashed.

Same: there are physical things that can contaminate our body whether we believe they do or not (and I include here false demonic interpretations of what's written to dissuade us from believing as YHWH sees a matter and from seeing everything written on the page):

• 2 Corinthians 7:1 (NIV)

7 Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.

• Leviticus 14:39-41 (NIV)

39 On the seventh day the priest shall return to inspect the house. If the mold has spread on the walls, 40 he is to order that the contaminated stones be torn out and thrown into an unclean place outside the town. 41 He must have all the inside walls of the house scraped and the material that is scraped off dumped into an unclean place outside the town.

• 2 Corinthians 6:16-17 (NIV)

16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will live with them
                and walk among them,
            and I will be their God,
                and they will be my people.”
        [a]

17 Therefore,

“Come out from them
                and be separate,
                  says the Lord.
            Touch no unclean thing,
                and I will receive you.”
        [b]

Footnotes:

a. 2 Corinthians 6:16 Lev. 26:12; Jer. 32:38; Ezek. 37:27
        b. 2 Corinthians 6:17 Isaiah 52:11; Ezek. 20:34,41

Whether an unclean belief / idea or a spreading mold in your house, it's contaminating. This doesn't vary from person to person, Jew and Gentile; it just is. So Taoism is an idolatrous belief of the nation that should not be honored by us (or seemingly honored by us, by what we wear, the symbols we adopt, on our house, on our body [or a representation of our body], in anything that's ours that can be associated with us, and ultimately with YHWH. He does not want false beliefs getting associated with Him and us as His believers). We attack it, defeat it, if it's amongst us. Otherwise, it is to be absent from amongst us—no room for the interpretation that we approve of the false ideas attached.

Otherwise, aside from suffering the natural consequences and divinely sent consequences (for valuing the idol/image in our hearts), He will also not give us favor to conquer other souls to the truth. As the rest of the context in Joshua 7 reveals, for Achan taking that foreign robe (amongst other things, but this robe included), the whole nation failed to drive out the lies / unbelief and false beliefs—and the pagans themselves. Only the truth can be honored by us to have the divine favor to win anyone to the truth and defeat the lies (and stop receiving judgment/plague from God).

• 2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV)

5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Our own first, then that of others.

These far eastern religions are full of unclean ideas; so, if we're faithful (loyal) to YHWH—the Way, the Truth, and the Life—we need to avoid wearing their spiritually significant symbols.

Also,

• Deuteronomy 18:9-11 (NIV)

9 When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead.

attention:
Lindpen

Take heed, please.

Don't wear their dress either; don't associate with the false beliefs. Witches are not empowered by the Holy Spirit, but demons (if it's not the useless kind but one that invokes actual spirits). As His follower, and faithful spouse, we must only reflect the actual Way, The Truth, and the Life. Ultimately we're suppose to reflect His Will, not our own, nor that of the nations, but be an accurate reflection of what His Word says, be conformed to His image, not the world's (and their way of thinking).

We can neither associate with their demonic symbols / the symbols of false beliefs nor yoke ourselves to those in YHWH's / Jesus' Name who do this.

• 1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (NIV)

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister[a] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”[b]

Footnotes:

a. 1 Corinthians 5:11 The Greek word for brother or sister (adelphos) refers here to a believer, whether man or woman, as part of God’s family; also in 8:11, 13.
        b. 1 Corinthians 5:13 Deut. 13:5; 17:7; 19:19; 21:21; 22:21,24; 24:7

If they don't repent upon receiving correction, we must expel them from amongst us; that's how severe this is in YHWH's eyes (because ultimately it's His reputation that we damage for associating ourselves with the false beliefs [and false ways] of the nations / the world, which He wants defeated / cast out, not kept alive much less by us who claim to walk in the Truth, the Way, and the Life).

If we don't correct sin adequately, He will send divine judgment against us—whether we're aware that the circumstances happening to us and around us are manifestations of this judgment from Him or we're ignorant of it. He gives us time to repent, but if we're deviated somewhere, He sends discipline to get us to pause, meditate on what's happening, examine ourselves and repent of anything that needs repenting of in light of His Commands.

• 1 Corinthians 10:19-22 (NIV)

19 Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. 22 Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

• James 4:4-6 (NIV)

4 You adulterous people,[a] don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us[b]? 6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:

“God opposes the proud
              but shows favor to the humble.”[c]

Footnotes:

a. James 4:4 An allusion to covenant unfaithfulness; see Hosea 3:1.
        b. James 4:5 Or that the spirit he caused to dwell in us envies intensely; or that the Spirit he caused to dwell in us longs jealously
        c. James 4:6 Prov. 3:34

The conditions of the marriage covenant, what He promises to do for us if we're faithful (loyal) and what He promises to do to us if we're adulteresses—flirting with or outright becoming one with other lovers on the side (idols, false beliefs of the nations, and their false ways—and the symbols that represent them), is something we need to be aware of. Otherwise, even unawares, we stir up His jealousy:

• Proverbs 6:34-35 (NIV)

34 For jealousy arouses a husband’s fury,
        and he will show no mercy when he takes revenge.
        35 He will not accept any compensation;
        he will refuse a bribe, however great it is.

• 2 Corinthians 11:2 (NIV)

2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.

Like I said, I haven't witnessed anything else of your life outside of this topic. However, if this little snippet is indicative of what you have been approving of, even unawares, in your heart as you go about the world, the chances are high that YHWH's judgment is upon your father's house (because of what he or you all may be approving of, walking in); so, repent of them ASAP as soon as you identify them. YHWH will send you messages and messengers so you can do so. And pray to Him acknowledging that you have a heart that wants to please Him, and even if you don't know all of His Commands yet, to have mercy on you as you go about learning it.

• 2 Chronicles 30:18-20 (NIV)

18 Although most of the many people who came from Ephraim, Manasseh, Issachar and Zebulun had not purified themselves, yet they ate the Passover, contrary to what was written. But Hezekiah prayed for them, saying, “May the Lord, who is good, pardon everyone 19 who sets their heart on seeking God—the Lord, the God of their ancestors—even if they are not clean according to the rules of the sanctuary.” 20 And the Lord heard Hezekiah and healed the people.

If you want more a more in-depth topic that guides you through identifying how all these judgments may manifest (including when affliction is not judgment from God), I leave this topic [The Divine Judgments of God ] for you to analyze in your own time.

Peace be with you. ♡

Thank you for the advice. emotion_hug  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces