Welcome to Gaia! ::

LeVane Academy

Back to Guilds

Raising the next generation of heroes comes with a certain set of challenges. 

Tags: Hero, Villain, Dorm Houses, Superpower, Academy 

Reply [Forum Graveyard]
Carter x Masumi(Night Garden) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alykia

Confident Dreamer

25,075 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Skill Up 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:52 am
User Image

Come enjoy a beautiful evening walk at the Night Garden!
    The local botanical garden decorated with lights when the sun goes down is a sight to behold.
    Afterward, feel free to get a lovely bite to eat at the restaurant with a grand view.

tiny14xx2
Carter and Masumi have a date!

Hope the kind
Remember to try and score a perfect date by the end of 8/20~

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:05 pm
šŸ˜ˆ šŸ’  šŸ¦„ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( !Carter )
tab User Image
User Image tab (Unclaimed)__________xxxx!!

There was a gentle gust on this fine night. The garden lit up with all kinds of colors from the lamps around them. Conversations bubbled around a lone figure that stood underneath a blossoming tree. Sets of cherries fixated on the creamy colored flowers that shone vividly against the dark leave backdrop. With hands in his pockets, one could not distinguish what was going on behind those calm lenses. He seemed quiet individual as the wind picked up small strands of his distinctly red hair. In his pocket was a gift for the one named Masumi Alaric. Apparently, it was proper etiquette to bring a gift in this country or so he was told. A gentle sigh came from his parted lips as eyes closed, taking in the evening breeze.

tiny14xx2

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:38 pm
šŸ›Œ šŸ“š šŸ’” xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx( !MASUMI ALARIC )
tab User Image
User Image tab (SINGLE)__________xxxx!!

Somehow, this date had a very different feel than with his last date. With Victoria, there had been a little back and forth before the date. But he didn't speak to this one beforehand, so he wasn't sure how well they would get along. If at all. So far, the only bonus on this date was probably the location. Somewhere peaceful and nice. it was a shame he was only here to chat with someone with which he had little interest in. "Are you Carter? I am Masumi Alaric." There was nearly a flinch as he heard his own voice ruin the sound of the birds and the peace in the garden. However, he had to remember that his date wouldn't be aware of his dislike for his own voice, and may find him flinching as he spoke to be a little on the strange side.

"If I have made you wait long, I apologize. I intended to be here early, but reached some trouble." Trouble being his family sucking out his energy again. They always had the worst timing when they did that.

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:06 pm
tab User Image

Eyes opened ever so slightly as someoneā€™s voice came up to him. He turned around and looked at the finely dressed male. ā€Yes, I am.ā€ Nodding with his eyes, he observed the sudden flinch in his date. It didnā€™t take long for the communicator user to understand why. Clothes can be rather chatty when they know that there is a listening ear nearby. ā€You didnā€™t make me wait long at all. Itā€™s a nice place, so I took a moment to enjoy it.ā€ Their head cocked to the side, listening to whatever Masumiā€™s belongings might say. ā€Are you hungry? Oh, right, this is for you.ā€ Perhaps not the most adept person at giving gifts, he plucked out a small teal box from his pocket and handed it to Masumi. Inside was an intricate little bookmark. ā€Since one of your likes was reading, I thought you might get a kick out of something really silly-looking.ā€

tiny14xx2

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:25 pm
tab User Image

He was pleased that he didn't get the person incorrect, for how hard would it have been to find a man with red hair and different colored eyes? Even in the garden which was dimly lit with lights and the moon, he was rather easy to spot. On top of him being relieved that he got the right person, he was also relieved to hear that he did not make the other wait long. It would be a bad start to a date if you were late, no matter your excuse.

Before he could answer, the other held out a gift to him and he took it with a small thank you, his own hand extending out a bag before he would open the box. Sitting in the bag, was a couple of lunch boxes. "It has been awhile since I have visited Sweden, but I recalled a recipe for Swedish Kottbullar when I went last. I saw that you were from Sweden and liked spicy things, on your profile so I made something which mirrored that." He would wait until Carter took the bag before he continued to explain the second box. "I wasn't sure if you were someone who liked balance when having a meal, so I also made Saint Lucia Saffron buns. They are a touch sweet, but not overpowering since your profile said you didn't like sickly sweet things."

He was a man that liked to read, that much was very true. For he used that skill to read the other's likes and dislikes carefully, so as not to upset his date. He wasn't good at interacting with people, but making food was something he was good at least. Mainly because he always had to eat foods that were good at replenishing strength and stamina. Looking down at the box, he opened it to find the bookmark, his eyes blinking as little lockness dots stared back at him. His hand lifted to his mouth and he snickered softly before clearing his throat and staring at the bookmark. It was indeed silly, but it was something that would keep him entertained whenever he had saved his place in his book. The man truly had picked a lasting gift that Masumi would enjoy and use often. "Thank you. I appreciate it. It is silly and endearing."

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:09 pm
tab User Image

ā€Yeah, itā€™s been a while for me too.ā€ But his cherry orbs were transfixed with the sight in front of him. He didnā€™t really believe what he saw at first, but when he was able to accept it, his expression grew softer. Carterā€™s hand carefully handled the provided utensil, thinking back on the few memories he was able to recall, and how he used to eat this when his parents were alive. They were fond memories he could remember even when most of it seemed like s**t in comparison.

ā€You put a lot of thought into this.ā€ Maybe it was because he wasnā€™t used to someone giving anything to him, but he was growing rather sentimental over some food. It made him chuckle to see just how much his countryā€™s dish would make him so emotional. Everything in this lunch box already seemed like it would compliment the other dish. The meatballs, the dessert, the mood, the setting; it could almost be called romantic.

ā€I think it is called Nessy. Sheā€™s a good listener and doesnā€™t judge people. Donā€™t worry, she isnā€™t going to reveal your deepest darkest secrets to anyone.ā€ He spoke like the object had a voice of its own. Truthfully, it did! He wanted to pick something out that might cater to the librarianā€™s likes. The redhead already had some semblance of what this guyā€™s job was like in the school. What made things a little tricky was what was hiding under the Alaric name.

ā€She likes the compliment.ā€ Carter smiled just a bit as he heard Nessyā€™s voice. Though it couldnā€™t move, it was beaming with pride. ā€How about we go take a seat. A meal like this should be shared.ā€ It was already rare for him to be so expressive. As of right now, the Swedish food and the happy Nessy were enough for him. It wasnā€™t a bad date when they moved over to a picnic table. Along the way, he realized that he should return the favor one day. The redhead tried to search for a writing utensil but found nothing on him. It didnā€™t seem like Masumi had anything on him either. ā€May I borrow your phone for a moment?ā€

tiny14xx2

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:52 pm
tab User Image

He observed the other's reaction to the food for just a moment, his gaze moving back down to the bookmark as his fingertip rubbed the head of the lockness creature. To him, he wouldn't call it a lot of thought, it was careful planning and observation. But if held some meaning to the person, then he was happy he tried. He just hoped it was actually delicious to the other. It tasted good to him before, but that was of course, different for someone from the country themselves. It wasn't the same when someone tried to replicate your home food.

"Nessie?"He would confirm as he glanced at Carter again, before looking back at the bookmark. Endearing was certainly a fitting word for the creature named Nessy. Someone to never tell his secrets when he spoke them out loud. Did that mean he had something akin to a therapist?"I will have to remember to tell her all my secrets then, when I am troubled." Which would basically be when he was feeling overwhelmed by his family and their antics. With a softened expression, he made sure to carefully put the bookmark back into its case before closing the box softly. Best not to jar the creature too much. Yes, it was silly to think of it that way, but he wanted to keep a childlike mindset that maybe the object can feel things as well.

He nods as the other mentioned finding somewhere to sit down, following after him until they found a spot that was good. It was so strange. The environment was one that had romance and probably pheromones for some. What was arousing about plants lit up by small UV lights in the dark? Shouldn't they be more worried about tripping in the dark? "My phone? Alright." He asked for confirmation, though he still pulled the device from his breast pocket to hand it over to the man. Was it stupid to hand your phone over to a person you just met? Probably. But he was going to die eventually anyway right? Maybe if this man killed him now, he could get some proper sleep for a change.

Stopping himself, the man lifted his hand to his ear to tuck hair behind it as he mentally berated himself for holding such thoughts. He was tired, yes, but not suicidal. He would prefer to live. The idea of death terrified him, this much was always made clear when he drank. The fear of his parents finally killing him when they took too much too many times.

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:45 pm
tab User Image

The man blinked as he picked something up from the silver (?) haired male. He cocked his head to the side before nodding. ā€Nessy.ā€ The name was pronounced a bit slower in case Masumi didnā€™t pick it up the first time. ā€Some might call her Nessie.ā€ This time, he spoke in a perfect Scottish accent. The bookmark was made after the Loch Ness Monster that lived in Scotland, so he might as well have some fun with language for a change. Whether that creature truly existed or not was still up to debate. Sources say that at least 1,000 eyewitnesses had seen the creature. Others have called it a hoax and moved on with their life.

ā€If you canā€™t wait, I can cover my ears now.ā€ Carter looked serious when he said that. Hands proceeded to cover up his ears and looked away as if to give the librarian some privacy with his tiny therapist doctor. He only gave it a few moments before either Masumi or the stifling silence made him refocus back on what truly mattered. Sure, maybe it looked silly for a grown man to turn around and give their date some alone time with their bookmark. Actually, scratch that, it was rather silly but the redhead paid no mind to it.

Carter gingerly took ahold of the librarianā€™s phone and punched in a few things. It was a rather quick process before the device was handed right back. ā€Iā€™ve put my number, email, emergency number, emergency text codes, emergency emoji faces, and a note that says ā€˜Carter Favor +1ā€™.ā€ Picking up a fork and giving the nearest meatball a stab, the little meaty substance soon vanished in the gingerā€™s mouth. He nibbled on the dish with a smile as the treat was swallowed whole. ā€Itā€™s good. Itā€™s not home but this is a new flavor thatā€™s...hmmmā€ How to describe it? Carter stared at the meal with a fond look before popping in another ball of meat in his mouth. ā€Tailored to me.ā€ Perhaps it wasnā€™t the most eloquent way of phrasing: Iā€™ll want seconds later.

ā€That little favor I put on your phone, right I probably need to explain that. You can use it when you need something from me. Giving me a taste of home, hard work, and thoughtfulness doesnā€™t compare to Nessy. But I think I want more of your Kottbullar.ā€

tiny14xx2

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:05 pm
tab User Image

He noticed the change in the other's accent for a moment, mentally giving claps as he did the accent really well. Perhaps he was an impressionist, or maybe something else was what helped him? Him covering his ears and turning around, made the man blink in suprise. He wasn't expecting for him to actually do it. leaning closer, he hesitantly tapped his shoulder with a small smile. "You don't have to cover your ears. I have no complaints right now." If he wanted, he could complain about how his family took his energy that he needed for his date today, but what was the point? Telling someone was not going to change his situation. Only he could. "I thank you for the consideration, but I did not have a bad day today. Though I was nervous about the food I was making. If it was good."

When Masumi coughed up his phone, and Carter typed some things in, he quietly watched. He wasn't sure what he was putting in, but he had a few guesses. However, he would not know until he was returned his device. It was only in the man's hand for a what felt like a few seconds, before it was returned to his own and he glanced down at the contact to confirm. How...did he put all that in so quickly? "You did it rather fast." He would comment out loud, before he went ahead and sent the number a message which held the same information that was provided to him.

He tensed up as the man took a bite of the meatball, nervously waiting for the verdict of his work. At least it was good, though he did say it wasn't like home. Naturally, that was to be expected, so he didn't really get discouraged over that. Especially since Carter trailed off to eat another one before he continued. The librarian's hands held onto his phone gently as his hands rest in his lap. His gaze fell down onto the meatballs as his cheeks turned pink. "I am glad that you enjoy them at least." It seemed as though he was worried for no reason, and that his nervousness and test runs were probably unnecessary.

His gaze returned to Carter as the man continued to talk after eating his second meatball. He was happy to have made them suitable sizes as well. Possibly all a little too perfectly round and all the same size. So he was a little bit of a perfectionist."But I like Nessie. Just because it is a bookmark, doesn't mean there isn't thought behind it." He clears his throat softly, his cheeks returning to the pink shade. He has never cooked and had someone eat his food before. Not ever his younger brother Castielle has eaten his cooking before. So he was a little flustered by comments on it. "I gave my information in return for yours, so you know how to reach me if you want me to make you more. I suppose I could give you a food favor for Nessie."

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:41 pm
tab User Image

The tap to his shoulder was what eventually made him turn around. There was something more to the librarianā€™s words that Carter was picking up on. The questions was, what? Maybe that required some digging on his own time butā€¦.eh, maybe he could procrastinate on it. Life was easier when you let everything pile up to the last minute yeah right. ā€Itā€™s good. I can taste a bit of you.ā€ Okay...that sounded totally perverse! What Carter was trying to say, was that food had the capability of reflecting the person that cooked it. Maybe it was because of his peculiarity but he could detect some hint of sadness, worry, and other emotions dwelling in the food. But those werenā€™t the only things he picked up on. There were bright emotions too, giving him an insight to the head of silverā€™s worries.

ā€Muscle memory?ā€ Was that appropriate to say? His fingers flew across the screen like he was used to typing something out. Maybe, in some odd fashion, this was related to the few memories he could recollect? His device vibrated a bit, signaling that someone had texted him. Listening in on the electronic chatter, he could confirm it was Masumi but he double-checked just the same. There were numbers and letters involved, all that belonged to one weary librarian.

Carter took note of the blush and how his compliment seemed to be taken well by Masumi. Good. At least he wasnā€™t boring his date by stuffing his face with meatballs. ā€Here, you should have a bite too.ā€ The redhead offered up a meatball to the librarian. If it was a bit too hot, he was considerate enough to blow on it before the round meat was handed over to Masumi.

Talk about future food was making him hungry. He grabbed another fork, just so he could stuff his mouth with more meat while waiting for his date to take the offered ball. The care and thought put into these sausages was kind of new to him. ā€Where should I meet you for the food? On second thought, I think I should help unless Iā€™ll get in your way in the kitchen.ā€ Some people preferred to have dominance in the kitchen once they got into cooking mode. He wasnā€™t too sure if Masumi was one of them. ā€You should bring Nessie along next time we meet. Iā€™m sure that would make her happy.ā€ He smiled as rubies glanced at his covered gift. The man could barely make out the small muffled sounds of the loch nessā€™ words. She seemed happy and rather enthusiastic to be put to use.

tiny14xx2

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:12 pm
tab User Image

The expected reaction was for him to get flustered by the man's comment. But Masumi was one who already knew that phrase. About how you can feel apart of the person in the food when they put their heart into making the dish. More than embarrassing, it was flattering and relieving and maybe a little bit nerve-wracking. Was that bad or good? He didn't want to ask and find out. "Do you mean, like the phrase 'there is a bit of me in every dish'?" The librarian felt a vibration on his thigh as his phone rang in his pocket. His hands gripped his pants for a moment while it rang, lips pressing together tightly. He would seem tense for the duration of the ring until it was done. Once it grew quiet again on that front, Masumi would release his pants.

Oh, you must type a lot then." The man commented, his eyes blinking as he saw the meatball blown on and offered to him. Was he supposed to eat it from the utensil or take the utensil? This kind of thing was far too new for him to keep up with. Lifting a hand, the man with (yes) silver hair, tucked his long bangs behind his ear as he opened his mouth and moved closer. He was glad that right now, he had made them a suitable size so he didn't have to open his mouth too wide to eat it. He felt warmth spread to his ears as he took the meat into his mouth and flinched as it was a little warmer than he thought it might be. He would slide it off the fork before he began to chew. Despite him making a few different batches to try and get the right flavor, he was still not tired of them. They were certainly a food to love.

He waited to chew and swallow the meat before he licked his top lip quickly and nod his head."Thank you." He would thank him for giving him the meatball, even though it was a little embarrassing for the shy and usually self kept librarian. "It would be nice if you were able to help. Perhaps then, you could help me perfect the recipe more."

It wasn't until a little after he spoke, that he realized he was basically inviting him over to his place to make balls of meat together. However, his focus didn't dwell on it too long, and he was nodding as he gave a small smile. "I intend to use her when I am reading. I will be sure that she is present when we meat again. Perhaps in my favorite book of the moment."

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:56 pm
tab User Image

ā€Yeah.ā€ Carter looked from the food to the man. Out of everything he could detect from their body language, Masumi seemed like he was getting a bit better. Not that his goal was to make the librarian feel good about himself. But he wanted to end the date on a positive note. Maybe Carter did care about what people thought of him, just a bit. ā€Iā€™m sure you needed to make some adjustments for the dish. Like the seasoning, vegetables, oil or what have you. This food will be never be what my parents made, but that doesnā€™t make this any less delicious. The work you put into them, thatā€™s one of the attractive features in this meal.ā€ After all, ingredients grown in Sweden werenā€™t going to be like the ingredients grown or shipped to America. There were going to be key differences, even when the recipe was the same.

He smiled at the response while Carter took another bite of the ball, that is, till something very odd happened. It didnā€™t take a communication master to see that something was wrong with his date. Everything about their body language seemed to scream Fear. The crimson head of hair stood up and seated himself next to the librarian while chewing on the meat. Whether it was to comfort him or not was not made clear. Instead of speaking about the incident, he chose to smooth out the wrinkle in Matsumiā€™s pants. ā€Yeah, I do.ā€ The ruby haired man readily agreed that he typed a lot. That was one thing he found out about his past recently. He and the computers seemed to have had an intimate relationship of sorts. ā€You donā€™t text a lot?ā€

ā€There you go.ā€ He commented as Masumi took his first few nibbles. ā€Iā€™ll blow them a bit more next time.ā€ It was his response towards the librarianā€™s flinch. He should have taken into consideration that peopleā€™s heat levels would be different than his own. Another meatball was stabbed and Carter spent a bit more time to make them cooler. Burning your tongue wasnā€™t usually the most pleasant feeling in the world.

ā€Hmmm, if we want to perfect then we would need to fly to Sweden or import some Swedish goods.ā€ He actually thought about it seriously. A finger resting on his chin as he offered Masumi a cooled down meatball. ā€I can help with picking the ingredients. But you might be more of a master in the kitchen.ā€ That wasnā€™t false flattery on Carterā€™s part. That was a genuine comment since he didnā€™t do that much cooking. If he was forced into a situation where he had to cook, the sure. He might be able to whip something up that was on the mediocre end.

ā€I think I would probably eat all the food if Iā€™m there. Iā€™ll apologize in advance.ā€ He bowed his head without looking the least bit shameful. ā€I can try to enact some self control.ā€ He would try but would make no promises.

ā€What book are you reading now?ā€ He looked at the gift before leaning towards Masumi, his expression being genuinely serious. ā€Nessie will get jealous if she sees you with another bookmark. Please treat her carefully and forgive her for her strong personality.ā€

tiny14xx2

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:44 pm
tab User Image

He did have to agree with the man, that it wouldn't ever be quite like the original meals. Mainly because he didn't have the authentic seasonings and supplies from Sweden, and because he couldn't replicate a dish he never tasted himself. If he had tasted it, that was a different story. He took pride in being able to replicate dishes he has tasted before.

He already knew the consequences of not answering his father's call, if that was him. Usually when he was called upon to drain, he was required to drop everything to go there, or else he could look forward to a very painful drain and probably a punch in the gut. He was already dreading going home, but his attention was shifted from that soon as he snapped out of his thoughts as realized that his date was no long in front of him. Looking up, he watched as Carter sat down next to him, his hands resting in his lap as the man smoothed out his pants. While he dread him asking questions, he didn't and respectfully continued their conversation.

He would shake his head with flushed cheeks as he fidget with his sleeves."No, I spend a lot of time in the library, so I suppose I do not socialize very often. I don't really have anyone to text a lot." Texting someone back and forth was a foreign thing to him when it wasn't to talk to someone right there in front of him when he didn't want to speak.

"Its okay, it wasn't too hot, I just wasn't expecting it." The explosion of hot juice was what surprised him the most, but he wasn't sure how he could say that, without it sounding wrong. So he just chose not to elaborate. "Do you not have to cook often?" He asked after Carter mentioned him being more of a master in the kitchen. Once again, his hand would lift to tuck hair behind his ear as he opened his mouth and accepted the meat that Carter held out. He would try doing the same, if it weren't for the fact that Carter was eating at a faster pace that Masumi himself. Either he was really hungry, or he did truly enjoy the food.

"That's okay, you can be the taste tester then." Masumi assured the man softly after he swallowed the chewed meat. He didn't mind if Carter ate all the food, since that would mean it was worth eating and that he wouldn't have too many leftovers. "I just finished reading The Epic of Gilgamesh. I was going to start reading The Picture of Dorian Gray. Do you like to read?"

He glanced towards Carter as he spoke, shyly glancing towards the boxed lockness when the other got closer to speak about the bookmark."I don't own any other bookmarks. I usually can recall my place, so she doesn't have to worry about me cheating on her with another bookmark." His face was equally serious for a moment, before he lift his hand to contain another snicker. "I'm sorry. I phrased that so strangely."

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:24 pm
tab User Image

Carterā€™s hand remained rested on Masumiā€™s lap, even while their conversation continued. There was something about the phone that had the librarian on the edge of his seat. He didnā€™t prod the silver male for any information. They didnā€™t appear very willing to say anything anyways. Instead, ruby lenses shifted down to the manā€™s phone. He honestly contemplated if he should chuck the device based on what he heard. Ah, but he could be more clever than that right now.

ā€Then Iā€™ll keep that in mind. I might text you a lot when Iā€™m in the mood for Swedish dishes. There arenā€™t any restaurants here that sell any of my countries cuisines.ā€ It was a shame, really. That nothing here seemed to sell any of his homeā€™s delights or savory meals. ā€I havenā€™t read a lot of books recently, but I can tell you which ones left the reader feeling satisfied. Oh but, Iā€™m not good with recommending porn. Everyone has their own kink.ā€ He shrugged his shoulders. Carter didnā€™t know what kind of books Masumi was into but erotic novels were more of a touch and go with him. There were some that left tons of people satisfied in a way a book wished it hadnā€™t.

A flicker of realization hit the red manā€™s face as he understood what the librarian was trying to say. He nodded as if he could understand. ā€Then, let me do this.ā€ The next time Carter offered Masumi a meatball, he held the lid of the tray underneath the meat so that any juices would collect dishwasher safe material. If Masu was concerned about spilling any juice, then he would try to collect as much as he could with the lid.

ā€Not unless I need to. Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve eaten something that was cooked by a professional.ā€ Most of the time, Carter would just swipe someoneā€™s meal from the fridge. Sorry, not sorry! He did it as a means to survive and he liked swiping from people who wouldnā€™t miss their food. Whichā€¦.was no one right now. Apparently, people got upset when you took their meal.

When he noted that Masumi had an intention to feed the redhead, Carter slowed down considerably. If the librarian took that opportunity to feed him, then the Exile member indulged in the gesture. It seemed like the two would be feeding each other meatballs for the night.

Holding up a thumbs up, the chewing man couldnā€™t think of a better role. It sounded like free food to him. Correction: It was free delicious food to him. ā€Iā€™ll do the clean-up afterwards. Youā€™d probably be tired after watching me stuff my face with a lot of balls...no, food. My words arenā€™t trying to suggest something else.ā€ He tried to wave off the idea with a serious look. Though it tended to melt away when another meaty substance was offered to be sacrificed.

ā€Are those books you recommend?ā€ The names of the novels sounded familiar but he couldnā€™t recall if any of them had been read before. ā€How were they?ā€

There was a sigh of relief at Masumiā€™s answer. Even the bookmark seemed happy to know that there wasnā€™t any competition. She seemed very proud of herself and proclaimed that she should be Masumiā€™s #1. ā€Your words make her very happy.ā€ When his date broke into a snicker, he retracted himself so that he wasnā€™t so close to the otherā€™s face. A hand gently took hold of the librarianā€™s and held it loosely. If the silver male wanted to retract away from Carterā€™s touch, he was welcome to. ā€Iā€™ve been saying strange words all night too. So weā€™re in the same boat.ā€ He nodded seriously while watching Masumi for just a little longer.

ā€Can I make a request?ā€ He waited for a bit for the librarian to settle down before speaking again. ā€Can I attempt to kidnap you right now, or say that you are being kidnapped?ā€ Though the redheadā€™s face looked serious, the way he said those words seemed to imply a joking undertone.

tiny14xx2

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tiny14xx2
Captain

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:48 pm
tab User Image

Since the man's hand had not moved, the librarian had not attempted to move it either. It wasn't like he was trying anything that he could see. It was a pretty tame interaction that they were having so far. He kind of felt like that something he needed. Something tame in his otherwise chaotic life that involved his family. Working in the school also did not help him. Not with crazy students always disturbing him when he was sleeping or reading.

He glances over at Carter as he spoke of texting him when it came to dishes that reminded him of home. It wasn't really something he mind all that much, since it was practice for him. He also supposed that it would give him a reason to actually use his cellphone for more than being bothered by family or Tigran on his health. He still didn't get what that guy's deal was. He was a weirdo to worry about another man who he had no obligation to. Somehow he felt like people who were like that, didn't exist anymore. Decent people were near extinction in this city. "I do not mind." Was all he said to show that he was listening, even though his mind drifted off for a second. However, it was hard to drift off as the man started speaking of porn and kinks. "I wouldn't ask for porn recommendations, so you are absolved of that burden at least."

As the other offered another meatball, the man's gaze fell on the tray for a second before looking back at Carter as his mouth opened to accept the meatball. Was the man a reader of minds? It was strange that Masumi had just been thinking about it and suddenly carter was holding up the lid as if he was sure. Chewing and swallowing the meat, Masumi would quietly thank him for the consideration. "I am not a professional, but thank you."

He picked up on the slower pace of eating shortly after Carter had a longer interval between him eating the meatballs. He wasn't sure if it was because the man was full or something, but he decided that he would take the chance to try feeding him. It was normal, though a little embarrassing since it was something new to him. "Ah.." Carter corrected his comment immediately after he said it, confirming that he didn't mean it the way that it came out. "Its okay, I knew what you meant." He assured as he held out another piece of meat for Carter to take.

His shoulders would shrug next as he thought about the first book and its contents. "If you enjoy epic poetry about the third dynasty of Ur and ancient Mesopotamia, then yes. As for The Picture of Dorian gray, I am on the third chapter and I like it so far. Its a little old, so there are people who probably cannot understand the way they wrote things back then." But that was something that he found to be endearing as well. Ancient texts and history.

Things seemed to shift forward to Carter holding his hand, his once amused expression becoming a little shy again as his cheeks turned warm. It was a reminder that the two of them were still close and there was something embarrassing about looking at the dual colored eyes straight on. "I suppose saying things strangely is something common on these kinds of outings." Dates probably spurred a lot of awkward moments. "Request? It might depend." He answered honestly. Looking to their hands, there was some relief that his hand was still gloved, his skin of his wrist covered by his sleeve. "Kidnap? I am not sure my food was so good as to warrant kidnapping me." Was...that...an attempt at a joke? Yes, it was.

Hope the kind

[Forum Graveyard]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces