[DRP] pen pals! pen dragons? whatever, hello! [ nevi + yagu

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:07 pm
The news about what had been happening in Western came fairly on the regular to a certain Bronzerider weyrling pair thanks in part to a family of chattering dragons and a few firelizard messengers here and there. Yura, or Yu'star as he knew he should have been called, was thankfully kept up to date for most things and he appreciated it. His mother and father fighting thread, his beloved older sister Impressing - not a moment of it really escaped and sometimes it felt like he was still there and not alone in High Reaches.

(Nevidenth had kindly reminded him he was not alone, of course, since he was there). In fact, it was all thanks to this bronze that the steady updates never had any delays. Yura was thankful and Nevidenth was downright pleased; today happened to be one of the check-in days and the bronze hunkered down for the usual.

For Yaguareth!

Hello, hello? Yaguareth? Can you hear me? I mean, I know you can because dragons can talk to one another anywhere once we know where they are, but! Yuramine said it was always a fun way to start something off.

The bronze mentally cleared his throat and continued.

We have our First Fall coming up, and I'm really excited!! It's time to show everyone what we can do!! Never the mind that their lessons about just going between had cost the lives of two rider pairs; how would flying actual Thread tear into their ranks? If he was actually thinking on it at all it didn't share in his voice. YuraMine wants to know how Yours is doing, and how are his parents?? I've thread to talk to the Big Sis dragons but Theath is being really distant and frankly Miryath scares me sometimes.

He'd never met the squad of greens over at Western, at least not yet. Yura had assured him that once they got proper clearance for a visit they would go, but when would that be? The bronze was quite impatient and he could only imagine his rider more so. This was the longest the lad had been without his family after all.

Have you started any new lessons? What are they like?
Is the Weyrlingmaster there old like ours, and kinda standoffish? Let me know when you get the chance!

demon_pachabel
i hope this is what you meant! if not i'll try and fix it!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:41 pm
Aryale's heart didn't feel all too good, even wrapped in the unfaltering love of Yaguareth - love like nothing she'd had before (even if she'd been very, very, very loved her entire life!). But their lessons didn't fix this kind of pain. It only prepared them to be ready for if it came for them. She didn't have it in her heart to be afraid of it, not when Yaguareth so firmly held her doubts at bay. Let it come - she would hit it harder.

So focused on Aryale, who in turn was focused on her mother and father, Yaguareth had not taken it upon herself to make sure that those not in the immediate fray had been informed. Nobody had thought about it until Nevidenth had reached out. Aryale'd been double-checking to make sure her siblings were under the right feet when Yaguareth gently nudged her. What did she say?

I hear you, Yaguareth replied, less tight throated, mentally and physically, than Aryale was about the whole thing. She loved Hers, but the familial attachment between rider and her parents was not as tender to her hearts. It allowed her the clarity to be level in this time. Nevidenth had a lot to say, and she would not interupt his enthusiasm yet.

She would also guard Aryale from worrying about their Blooding, coming so soon. There was enough there.

MyAryale is in fine health. She is trying her best to be brave and reliable and I will see her to it, though at least one of those things had always been true of her. As for Theath and Miryath....well, there was no point in pulling that punch. You may need to be gentle in telling yours, but Miryath and Hers were taken from the sky by Thread. They yet live, but vengeance for what was done will fall to us now. Mine was told they will not fly again.

She would not offer answers to his other questions, knowing she had informed him of something very grave.

Houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:12 pm
What?! The Big Sisters?!?! And the Dad?! Are they.....wait, uh.... There had been a trailing off in thought as Nevidenth moved to tell Yura about what happened, the bronze moving from where he'd been enjoying the sunshine to his massive wedge-head resting on his rider's lap. Part of it was for comfort, the physical touch the pair enjoyed immensly, and the other part was to prevent Yura from running. Nevideth knew his lifemate's manners entirely too well to leave things to chance, and the news was delivered quickly.

It went down like a stone flitter.

Hold on Came the message to Yaguareth. He's having a panic attack. Despite the words the bronze didn't sound too upset and instead spoke as though he were discussing the weather. He had his rider's heart and affection in mind and was soothing as best he could, all the while continuing to fish for information. . . . . . . he says he feels useless. Nevidenth paused, and from where he lay he raised his snout to Yura's sobbing face. The boy was taking it well despite the clear distress he was putting himself through and the way his hands were plastered to his face.

Despite not being as attached to a family across the sea, the dragonet had some idea of this pain. His cousin and brother weighed heavily on his hearts for their complete departure; at least Yura's father was still alive. He's scared now and really wants to see yours.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:29 pm
Yaguareth waited patiently, knowing that Aryale would come soon to seek her own comfort once all else was in place. How easily she took up the mantle still so that those important to her could be together in this time. There is no reason for him to fear, Yaguareth assured with a sort of clinical tone that was usually reserved for someone who was keeping their head clear to deal with the repercussions of everything. Which she was. Curse her small body. Curse being too young to fly and flame! How far away it felt for her to show the sky it had been waiting for her!

You will keep him safe through your trial to come and he will come home to see us all soon enough, her tone remained calm, knowing this to be true. This was meant both for Nevidenth and Yura to take to calm their hearts as it was for her Aryale to know so she would not fear in these trying times. How long until then? Surely focusing on the numbers - offering such - to Yura would help.

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:44 pm
Soon. The reply was instant in part that Nevidenth didn't have a definitive date, instead only knowing that the two Weyrling wings would soon be joined in the sky with the others. As a bronze he would be expected to fly a full shift of it with his size and endurance covering him well. Very soon. Probably within the sevenday, or at least when the next Fall hits close enough that they send High Reaches to handle it.

How would he fair when a veteran pair like Miryath and hers fell? Being a green had nothing to do with skill, at least that was what Yura had pounded into his skull over their months together, and in terms of learning it was Nevidenth who was green. Figuratively.

You know we've already had two clutchmates die, right? And it wasn't even from Thread, it was from just practicing going Between. His mental sigh came tinged with comfort, for he was still clearly working on consoling a nearly hysterical Yura. I'm excited to get out and Fight and protect my home, but YuraMine...not so much now. Not now that he knows what happened to The Dad and Big Sis Miryath.

There was a long pause.

Or wait, did you mean how long until we can come and see you at Western? Because uh....I don't know that one. YuraMine says we have to stay here for five turns in order to 'pay back our debt'. It was weird for the bronze to call Western "home" in his mind, since he was born and was being raised in High Reaches. Yura may not have properly called this place that but his dragon couldn't imagine anything else.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:42 am
Are you saying High Reaches will not let you come visit even for five turns? Yaguareth's tone betrayed annoyance - snappish even - at that, reeling it in when Aryale reached out to suss out what had upset her. She was not upset, it was simply stupid! Huff! Puff! Hmph!

All the better she'd been shelled at Western, not that she had any choice if she'd wanted to find her Aryale, who was making her way out from the caverns into the bowl. For all the awe the young woman had for her, Yaguareth had just as much in return for her perfect match.

I apologize, but such news did not make it here. I am sorry for your loss, Nevidenth, and she was. The young green had not focused much on the potential loss of her siblings - it was not prudent to do so. She was here to support them, steady them, and offer calm (something Aryale would have laughed a bit at. Yaguareth had the hotter head of the pair, after all). She would not, could not, doubt and fear for them before their time.

He will do fine - you will do fine. Aryale has absolute faith in her brother and sends all of her support.

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:41 pm
I mean, I dunno if we're not allowed to leave properly during the whole five turns. I figure they might let us come back and see the family now that The Dad has been really hurt, but YuraMine would have to ask. Considering how he was still working to get Yura to breathe properly through his nose and mouth at the moment, asking was a monumental task. I just know the whole five turn rule got put in place supposedly because people would Impress and then take off, and something something about resources and yadda yadda time and effort. The rules had been explained during Weyrling classes, and Yura had reviewed them many times over. Nevidenth had no been listening either time, instead having probably wanted to run off and explore.

The news that they hadn't heard about the deaths coming from one of the largest clutches ever (bias opinion, naturally) was a bit of a surprise. Maybe Hers wasn't as in to staying up to date on things as His was, which could easily be forgiven. Theirs may have been siblings but that didn't mean they had to be exactly alike; if there another in his clutch who'd been exactly like Nevidenth there would have been suffering at High Reaches. Maybe we will be fine. Mine is really unlucky though sometimes and I have no idea how or why. Has Yours told you any horror stories about their time together? A shift in the conversation was needed, a little. Less about dead clutchmates and fellow weyrlings, more about how Yura could somehow get hurt in an empty room. Before I came along apparently Yours had almost become magic in knowing when stuff was happening to him.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:54 pm
Western had their own problems to be dealing with - loss of life was abundant between both Weyrs with Threadfall, after all. That Aryale had focused on her own house and only on news that her brother was alive was to be expected. Especially when trying to not upset a tender and fresh young bond.

I see no reason you cannot visit if you remain loyal and return home as is due and expected, Yaguareth ruffled her wings a bit, rising as she watched Aryale step outside and waiting patiently as the young woman made her approach, arms stretched up to accept and embrace her head. Again and again she was reminded how loved, how wanted, how utterly everything she was to Aryale. Ah, but how the reverse felt so much more true. But they had both known.

Nothing Mine has done has been considered a horror story to her. Just as I tend to my own, she has tended to hers with love and acceptance. But to be alert to danger was a skill that both could do with honing further as they grew together.

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:19 pm
Well, hmm. Nevidenth paused in his thoughts, as heard in his speech. I'm going to make sure Mine is okay. He's falling asleep, so I'll move him on for now. That was all he said, minus a little wave off. He'd talk back to the Little Sister at Western later, when he had more to say.

And, sadly, he would have more to say. Much, much more.

Threadfall had happened, as had them flying in it. As had them falling from the skies, Yura's screams echoing still in his head alongside his own. It had been a while since he'd properly talked to Yaguareth, minus a few check ins here and there, but it was time.

We failed. That was all he said, updating her. I'm sorry.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff