[ORP] Bubbles of conversation [Candidates]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:39 pm
Kitchen cleaning duty wasn’t the most glamorous of jobs, but it was one of Tuelarua’s more favored chore rotations. There was more space, for one thing, more room to move, and more room to have more candidates to work with. Scouring pots and cleaning counters and floors was more of a preference over bagging firestone that tended to chew up her hands, or changing glows that had the oddest texture. She tied her hair back, a look of long red hair that helped to hide her nervous blue curled around her neck.

The kitchen was a bit of a mess after the meal, though she supposed that that was just the nature of it, wasn’t it. She peered around at the candidates that were also saddled with the tasks, a gentle smile on her face. “Guess we start somewhere, hm?” Plucking a scouring pad and soapsand, before she approached one of the pots that needed scoured clean. Best get to it, then.

Sky nervously bubbled, peering down at the soap that lathered up. But he returned to burying his small head against the side of Tuela’s neck in the face of upcoming noise. Blrh. The least playful and more nervous of her small faire, he was at least doing.. marginally better with noises since his hatching.

Not one to keep things utterly quiet, the candidate glanced up between swipes. “Did anyone attend Killakeeth’s hatching?” She herself wasn’t signed up for the candidate swap, but curiosity got the better of her...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:06 am
Today she'd been assigned to help with the kitchen and cleaning up after dinner. It wasn't a bad chore, but it could certainly be tiring during the busiest times. She'd gotten pretty good at being able to collect dishes after folks were done, as not everyone felt the need to return their plates and bowls. Nalacko had recruited her two green firelizards to help scope out the dining hall and find lone dishes, then she'd go and grab them.

Arms full with dirty dishes, the young girl entered the kitchens and headed to the sinks to drop them off. Vine and Triangle fluttering over head. She looked over as one candidate scrubbing pots spoke up about the latest clutch over at Western. Slowly she shook her head as she placed the dishes in neat stacks to be cleaned.

"No, I didn't go. My father wanted me to though." But leaving her friends, and risk impressing to stay there at least five turns had been too much for the teen.  

magnadearel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:29 am
"My family is here, I couldn't," Kinye piped up without hesitation, scrubbing away at one of the cooking dishes that had been left out rather than set to soak with the others. It wasn't that her mother and father wouldn't have let her, but that everything that made her who she was lived and breathed at High Reaches. Kinyegele could be patient. She could live with certainty that Hers would be clutched by a High Reaches dragon.

Canvas sat at her shoulder, leaning forward with enough interest he looked near ready to topple into the basin with every motion of Kinye's arm.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:19 pm
Eugh. Scrubbing. This kind of drudgery was tedious enough to grate on him, but Kaiator had readily agreed to being as model of a candidate as he could be--which meant willingly submitting himself to kitchen duty. Just because he'd do it didn't mean he had to like it, though; unsurprisingly, when the slightest hint of conversation began to show its face, he was all too happy to jump on the opportunity for a distraction, slipping in at the first opportune pause he could take.

"Oh, I'dve liked to, but--" He found himself interrupted for a moment by a sudden gust of bubbles sent up from his scrubbing, throwing a fat gob of foam directly up into his face. Grimacing, Kaiator swipes it off, although not without a few half-muttered curses he can only hope the kitchen noise drowns out. "--Aaas I was saying. Wasn't that the one over at Western? Bit out of my area, I'll admit. Plus, I wasn't even here yet, let alone there."
Kaia shrugged, sending a nonchalant glance over to the other candidates who'd bothered speaking up. Who were these kids again? Either he hadn't caught their names yet, or he hadn't bothered to in the first place. Both were equally likely.

"Does that kind of thing happen often here? The whole...candidate swap. Seemed a little unusual to me, but what do I know."  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:21 pm
Chakuri had never seen such a big kitchen before--but then again, she was only used to having to do dishes for three people, not a whole Weyr! Peridot was out and about, cheerfully exploring their new surroundings, and the girl perked up immediately when the conversation started. "I didn't either!" She chimed in--failing to suppress a giggle when she caught the boy scrubbing foam off his face. She recovered swiftly enough, however. "I just got here, too!"

The brunette paused for a moment to really scrub at a particular stain on one of the counters, determined to make it disappear. "Umm... I think it's so the dragons have even more people to pick from."

Peridot popped back above her head with a cheerful peep, and the green swooped to land on Chakuri's head. "I've heard that High Reaches is the best though!" She continued, pausing to flash a smile at her cleaning companions. "They were the only ones who were really prepared when Thread came back..."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:05 pm
With a thoughtful hum, Tuelarua scrubbed at a particularly stuck spot while listening to her fellow candidates. Her gaze flitted up to another, someone she didn’t recognize immediately, and -- ah, yeah. New candidates, then. Though she knew Nalacko and Kinye, that didn’t speak much for knowing some of her fellow candidates. "Mm, yeah -- out at Western." Scrubbing at a particularly stuck piece in the pot, running her fingers over to make certain it was actually clean this time before moving elsewhere.

But another girl caught her attention, nodding along. “Yeah, plus more chances to find your dragon, too.”

A pair of snaps from between caught her attention, as Cobalt landed on the edge of the pot she was scrubbing to peer inside. Viridian, curious for Chakuri’s scrubbing the counter, went to land on one of the clean spots -- and promptly slid. Whoops. But that had been fun…

“High Reaches is wonderful. I’m just curious what Western’s like.” She’d been considering it something awful before that last hatching there. Maybe next time she might go.. Maybe. She didn’t have any family in the Weyr to worry about leaving behind, only her parents at High Reaches Hold. “Oh, uh -- my name’s Tuelarua, most people call me Tuela though -- and that’s Sky, Cobalt, and Viridian.”

magnadearel

demon_pachabel

Zaikt

Tsunake

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items