Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:33 pm
The ocean lapped at the shore off the tropical island, and everything was seemingly still. A blue dragon rested in the sand, wing partially unfurled as his rider lounged nearby. E'ros was enjoying the peace and quiet, taking a little time for himself before he returned to Southern Hold. He had to check on a few establishments he owned, and a few lovers and clients... But for now, he wanted nothing more than peace.

Unfortunately, not far from where he sat, the sand began to tremble and move. Amoranth blinked, eyes whirling a bright blue-green, before the dragon gave a small snort. I think we're about to have company, Mine. Surprised, but no less pleased by his good-fortune, the man gave a broad grin.

"Better let some loves of mine know... No time to bring back any eggs, so they'd best arrive post-haste." Thankfully, E'ros had a small spread of niblets--from meatrolls, to slices of leftover spiced wherry, and a handful of other fine treats he had packed for his solo-picnic. It was meant to be a retreat of sort on this quiet and small island, but if word traveled--and expected it would--the beach would soon be abuzz with activity.

"Let's move aside, Love. I've got the wine, and we'll let the guests take the rest of our picnic for these new darlings." A little socializing was never amiss, of course--and who knew? Maybe he'd make some new connections.

Amoranth gave a croon, and notified a few riders from both High Reaches Weyr and Western...and a few unaffiliated sorts as well. A firelizard clutch is hatching if any of you wish to join us at this location. Best hurry now, loves...lest you miss this lovely little miracle.

Firelizard Wild Clutch

What's this?

A shop give away of some wild flits!

There is only a small number of fire-lizards this time around, though there may be some twins or triplets. (No promises, just letting folks know just in case.)

Please note, for the sake of my sanity, I ask you only have one character eligible to impress a flit. You may RP multiple characters, but only one will Impress! Please make it clear in your posts which character of yours is going to be raffled to win a flit....

In fact, use this code so I can add you to the list!
[size=28][b]I'm Here For You, Flit Baby![/b][/size]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]What are they offering for food?:[/b]

I will create a list of entrants and periodically raffle from it! Please make sure you don't change your mind after you post an eligible character. < < Also, this is an RPed thing, so don't just post the code. You need to fill out your character arriving (you can say they hitched a ride on an NPC) and at least post them once being there to be eligible. The code is just so I know for sure who you're signing up for the raffle.

All staff and players are welcome to enter! Just remember, only one of your characters can Impress a flit.

=IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN APPROVED CHARACTER IN THE SHOP= you may make up a single NPC to try your luck! Just let me know/note it. This option is only to new players or players who only have a small handful of characters and they are ineligable to be here (i.e. a weyrling).

=MAGIC CLUTCH AND BIG CAT WEYRLINGS CANNOT COME=
Sorry guys, you're still restricted to being stuck at the Weyr.

=CANDIDATES= may come so long as they have a ride. For sake of RP purposes we're going to say this is their rest day and F'dral and A'ral are both feeling generous.

If you have any questions, DM Uta! Otherwise, have fun. This is loose so even if we start rolling winners, folks can still enter even if they're late.

The List

houllow (A'ye- meat) Wild 08
    dawns_aura (N'dir - meat pasties) Wild 15
    faesinger (Allamor - meatroll) Wild 06
    Smerdle (T'en - wherry nugs) Wild 03
    tatterpixie (Virje - fresh fish) Wild 02
    magnadearel (Choissir wherry slices) Wild 09
    Prism Shine (Keris - spieced wherry) Wild 07
    Zaikt (K'ino - grilled fish) Wild 19
    Mr Cheri (Yunara - finger sandwiches) Wild 16
    Dea and #Teddy# (Yllaei - meat rolls) Wild 18
    Hattaki (Belia - muffins & dried meat) Wild 04
    Tsunake (Amalteia - raw caprine) Wild 10
    Shaddaling (L'ex - shellfish) Wild 01
    Page 2
    demon_pachabel (Sura - fishroll) Wild 05
    Uta (J'cheyn - meatroll & smoked spiderclaw) Wild 11
    Sweet Symmetry (Qiana - wherry jerky) Wild 20
    Ryala (Ryala - fingertails) Wild 13
    Meepfur (Sylfie - curried wherry) Wild 14
    medigel (Dhawsn - sweet rolls) Wild 12
    Milady Emerald (Syrenthie - meat pasties) Wild 17

- - -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:55 pm
I'm Here For You, Flit Baby!
Character Name: A'ye (Oyath says nooooo)
What are they offering for food?: A'ye has some bloody meat bits he managed to yank away from his dragon

There was never anything wrong with ferrying people too and fro, and when the call for people to come see firelizard eggs went out then there was nothing wrong with A'ye answering it. Oyath objected in her natural way but was quickly overridden as she was saddled up and mounted to go.

The cold of between was rapidly replaced by the warmth of the Southern sun, prompting the greenrider to inwardly groan at the difference. It felt nice, and he sort of wished he was here on his own terms for a day off. Not that he was complaining, didn't he just say he wasn't? Oyath snorted loudly, both audibly and in his mind, as the green made to land and attempt to shrug her passengers off. She had little to no interest in hanging around and A'ye wouldn't force her to do so.

Sliding to the sands, A'ye grunted at the contact before catching himself into a smile. Pern was always so beautiful.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:02 pm
Character Name: N'dir
What are they offering for food?: Savoury meat pasties

Sukaidith rumbled as he heard the call. Mine, it sounds like there might be a bit of an event down at the Southern Beaches. His eyes whirled a sea of lovely blues and greens as he looked to His. It had been a busy time recently, and he and His deserved a bit of a break, and this sounded like just the ticket.

It sounds like a nice break, 'Kai. I'll go round up a picnic and be ready in a jiff. An event, the last time he had heard that warning from his shimmering bronze it had meant firelizards, and he had missed his chance then. He didn't want to miss this one as well. But what would be tempting to the little creatures?

Savoury meat pasties were a favorite of his, perhaps that might tempt them as well. Going down to the kitchen cavern, he grabbed a few and tossed them into a small pouch he could wear at his belt, and made his way to his bronze. Well 'Kai, how about it? Shall we attend?

…....

There weren't many people there yet, once they exited the cold dark of Between to the bright sunny beach. N'dir slid from his bronze's back to the sands. You might be a bit intimidating to the littles, My Own. Why don't you go find a place and enjoy this lovely day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:09 pm
Mine- Brieteth had barely made his appeal before E'mel was up on his feet, pulling on his riding jacket to cross over to their ledge. "We can go, I'll stay nice and back like last time - alright?" he assured, rubbing both hands on his dragon's snout before planting a kiss right at the end of his nose. The small blue shifted on his ledge, pausing to reach out across the sea.

I...am going! If...if you want to.... uncertain yellows whirled into his expression, even through all the reassurance that His offered as he climbed into his straps. Rubbing his lifemate's shoulder once he was settled, E'mel urged him onto wing and away.

They'd find a nice place to watch the festivities at the back of the group, while Brieteth scoured to see if he could spot another dragon in particular amongst the rest. Hopefully, hopefully....  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:40 pm
Character Name: Allamor
What are they offering for food?: meat roll

Allamor bounced a little and he landed on the beach, sliding off the dragon he had hitched a ride on. He wasn’t really there for the firelizards, as fun as that was. This was a rare treat to be able to go somewhere else and he planned to enjoy it. Still, he had a little food he had grabbed when they were told of the adventure. Just in case, of course. It was also a rare opportunity to interact with people from other places! Who knew who would come!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:44 pm
Quote:
Character Name: T'en
What are they offering for food?: Wherry nuggets

Rixth might not have been notified directly, not being one of E'ros or Amoranth's special contacts, but T'en was very, very good at getting in on the ground floor. The moment he overheard that there were wild flits hatching on a warm, sunny beach he was already there in his mind, claiming a bright golden beauty and being the envy of High Reaches, if only for a little while. He deserved a bit of the spotlight after months of retraining himself to be an asset to his wing. He deserved a squirmy baby to coo over for being the rider of the sire—

Uncle.

—of a glorious clutch of young dragons, all of which had lived through their first blooding. He deserved a damned firelizard just because he was T'en.

He only winced a little as he and his bronze appeared over the water and came in for a landing. By all that wriggled and stung, he hated Between. T'en approached quietly but with no lack of confidence, crouching low and readying a few bits of wherry for what would emerge from the shifting sands.

Smerdle

Scamp

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:46 pm
Character Name: Virje
What are they offering for food?: fresh fish, nice and stinky!

There's a firelizard clutch hatching, Unogeth informed Virje as the two enjoyed a rare day off sunning on the beach.

"Hmm?" Virje hummed in response, distracted by watching (and mentally cataloging) the cloud formations overhead. The pair had been fishing as well, and Unogeth had caught a nice fat fish for her rider. "Flit clutches hatch all the time." Still, Virje was fascinated by the tiny miniature dragons. Perhaps having one could prove useful to her weather observations. "Where, here at the Weyr?"

The big gold rumbled merrily. Amoranth says they are wild. They are on a beach on an island. She showed Virje the image that the blue had sent along with the message, of a sandy beach on a tropical island.

The goldrider sat up. "A wild clutch? How marvellous! Let's go, my love!" Grabbing her freshly-caught fish and scrambling up the bent foreleg Unogeth presented her with, Virje directed her beloved between. Unogeth launched herself skyward, and in an instant they appeared in the air over the beach where the wild 'lizards were about to hatch.

Virje waved at E'ros with a smile. "Have any of them hatched yet? I have some nice fresh fish for them!" she said, dangling the fish in her hand.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:27 pm
Character Name: Choissir
What are they offering for food?: Slices of wherry meat

Choissir had just finished making his delivery and received a bonus package of wherry meat. He whistled jauntily as he strolled down the walkway with the package under his arm, planning how he'd cook it up.

Cereth shifted on her ledge as some interesting news reached her. The bright green looked down for her rider, how would you feel about putting that meat to a different use? She felt him pause for a moment, you're not joking? Not this time. I've been informed that there's a wild firelizard clutch hatching.

Choissir thought longingly of his meat basted and cooked to perfection on his plate. Firelizard eggs sell well. Alright alright. He put on a burst of speed to reach his dragon. The rider knew what the green was already planning to spend the marks for the eggs they'd yet to sell of the firelizard that had yet to hatch. His lips twitched. In due time my dear. In due time.

magnadearel

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:38 pm
Character Name: Keris
What are they offering for food?: Spiced Wherry

When the word had gotten out that there was a clutch of firelizards hatching, Keris had had to debate honestly with herself if she wanted to spend a free day at a Southern beach to try for another. Getting out of the Weyr, getting some fresh air.. The sound of it was lovely. However, the call of who had found the darling eggs had made her faulter. E'ros.. likely didn't know who she was. Letters unsent, crumpled and burned. She was another face showing up for firelizards, that was it.

The Southern beach was.. hot. A lame description, but the heat was nice. The warmth settled in her skin, though had a harder time warming her heart. Getting a ride had been easy, the bluerider had been more than accommodating. Yet another blue dragon, off to the side, made her gaze flicker away, plucking a piece of wrapped spiced wherry from her side bag. Carica and Armor had circled above her, both curious but unwilling to come too close to the babies -- but always an eye on Keris.

Food at the ready, Keris approached the clutch, kneeling down gently to see if her offer of food might be tempting to any.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:58 pm
Character Name: K'ino
What are they offering for food?: Grilled fish from lunch.

He'd had a different idea for his lunch than this, genuinely. It could have been great--delicate meat, seasoned perfectly by his own two hands, just begging to be enjoyed. Instead, here he was, with Shevauth's mental pressure making sure he didn't duck out at the first opportunity!
Faranth. At least he got to spend the day at a beach. That was nice.

Don't gripe so much. Even with the reminder, K'ino rolls his eyes anyway, fully aware that Shev wasn't going to let that go, either. You needed to get out for once. And besides, maybe you'll be lucky! Having something else to take care of might keep you from working yourself to death, too.
Oh, thanks. I'm not that bad.
Getting there.

With a quiet sigh, K'ino settled in a short ways away from the others that had gathered for the little hatching--if he wanted to strategize about it, he reasoned that the distance might make the smell of his offering a little more distinct, perhaps even enough to catch something's attention. Really, K'ino just didn't want to get elbowed in the thick of it.  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:50 pm
Character Name: Yunara
What are they offering for food?: Finger sandwiches

Yunara had been fortunate to get Padmia's special permission to attend the impromptu flit hatching that was unfolding on the beach. Eyes wide with wonder, she held out a basket of neat little sandwiches that she'd made for tea. Fortunate that they could now serve a new purpose - if the babies wanted them, anyway!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:28 am
Character Name: Yllaei
What are they offering for food?: Juicy meat rolls

Yllaei seemed to be in high spirits as she was doing some baking with a friend of her's. She didn't think anything could be better, she was tempted to suggest them giving some baked goods to the weyrlings, who had just been through their first threadfall. Though, knowing Belia, the other was already way ahead of her, since one of her sisters was one of those weyrlings. She pulled some cookies out, when a suggestion of grabbing some meat rolls and putting them into a bag was given. She didn't know why, but she did so, before she was taken by the arm and led outside. Her friend told her it was a surprise, before she was pulled up onto a familiar green dragon and they blinked between. When they came out at a beach, she was so curious, until she saw the surprise her friend mentioned.

"Aww, firelizards hatching. I bet they will be so cute,"she grinned, sliding down off her friend's dragon.

((Permission for movement of Belia given by Hatts smile ))
Hattaki

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:53 am
Character Name: Belia
What are they offering for food?: Muffins and dried meat!

In order to celebrate the fact that Zamistia had not only made it through her first threadfall but she and her dragon had excelled at it, Belia had been baking muffins with some intricate little designs carved into the top. Some meat, some sweet, she figured both could enjoy them. Though Nanuth would pick the meat out. It was all the better when Cozellath reached out to her about a surprise on the Southern Continent. Giddily she'd snatched up Yllaei, a friend she had been baking with on her free day when she probably should have been doing something else. The cooks had to be getting irritated and annoyed with her always being under foot as it was.

"Grab all the meat rolls that you can and some dried meat, there's a surprise we're gonna go see!" Belia chirped happily and drug the poor baker along with her, strapping her down to Cozellath and disappearing Between once up, all a sudden breeze like she was apt to be.

Most fire lizards are quite cute. This is a perfect end to the summer as well. Good luck ladies. Cozellath offered, her windy voice breezed through both of their minds as Belia all but danced to the edge where she could see the little eggs. "Maybe we can finally get you a fire lizard!" Having one herself, the woman wasn't as desperate for a lizard, but she loved the little things and would never turn down an opportunity.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:57 pm
Character Name: Amalteia
What are they offering for food?: A fresh (raw) chunk of caprine.

Harpiath gnawed contentedly on the caprine she'd dispatched, having to work a little harder than she used to now that her teeth were dulled with age. The old woman stood at the edge of the feeding pens, watching her beloved with a distant expression. When the call came out, the elderly queen paused, lifting her head up with a loud and sudden snort.

Love? Amalteia thought, immediately drawn out of her own memories.

My joints hurt. I want to visit somewhere warm. Harpiath groused, knowing she could safely reveal her pains to her rider without judgement. Let's go back to Southern. I miss it.

Amalteia was puzzled, for Harpiath was hardly a sentimental creature. That puzzlement became suspicion when the gold innocently offered her a perfect image of where she wanted to go. After some persuading, the goldrider sighed and acquiesced, mounting her beloved. No longer a young, spry thing, Harpiath struggled to take off from the ground without a ledge to plummet from, but she managed after a grunt of effort. Soon, they were Between.

Once they appeared upon the beach and Amalteia saw all the gathered people, she made a noise of dismay. Harpiath! No. I refuse to chain a firelizard when there are so many younger people to give it the long life it deserves.

Who cares? Harpiath snorted, landing nearby and drawing herself up with all the dignity befitting a queen despite her age. It's only a firelizard. Besides, it would make you happy.

Still, her rider attempted to refuse--up until Harpiath all but scraped Amalteia off her neck. "I have nothing to feed them." She spoke aloud after dismounting, planting her hands on her hips.

With an entirely too smug air, Harpiath opened her jaws--and out plopped a chunk of fresh, bloody caprine.

You are impossible.  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:26 pm
Character Name: L'ex and well Nymphylath is going to be judging them.
What are they offering for food?: oysters and clams ohh my, I forget what Pern calls them? Shellfish?

L'ex had been digging up shellfish out of the beds as Nymphylath laid in the sun, sleeping off her kill. He had collected a good amount of them, as well as a good amount of sand and salt on his clothing and skin. He dusted off his palms, eyed the sand and grit under his finger nails and sighed. That was a problem for later...

Ooh. Yup. A problem for later. He shifted under the sudden weight of Shiny as the bronze cracked from between and clung to his shoulders, tugging insistently on his hair and clothes. "Yes, Yes.... I'm coming." He picked up a smaller bag of shellfish, the rest would be dinner and headed towards the commotion.  
[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff