Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Namaste ~ [[Open 2061-2062]] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:39 am
User Image

Namaste

Namaste is a club that was founded by Chanda Giese-Dunbar and Hailey Scheer in the spring of 2047 and focuses on yoga: a total mind-body workout that combines strengthening and stretching poses with deep breathing and meditation or relaxation. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the club welcomes you and meets three days per week, twice per day at the Quad if weather permits. Otherwise, they meet at the East Wing.

Club Sponsor
                                                                      Professor Amata Harlowe

Club Leaders
                                                                      Chanda Giese-Dunbar (2047-2049)
                                                                      Hailey Scheer (2047-2053)
                                                                      Penelope Barrett (2053-Present)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:42 am
Member List

Leader

Penelope Barrett
played by kiska166

Members

Eden Harper
played by addaellis

Calliope Whitethorne
played by Cinnabun Gryffie

Gaspard Dufour
played by murruelecreuset

Flora Helen Noris
played by Stefan Lee Salvatore

Clemont Vachone
played by Yukina101

Daphne Greensborough
played by Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:44 am
Announcements

Now Open!

The club is now open to all students of Hogwarts. Join today!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:55 am

Include the following in your first post joining the club:

[url=link to character profile]Character Name - House - Year[/url]

[b]Why are you interested in joining?[/b]

[b]What do you hope to accomplish in the club within the year?[/b]

[b]Any other information you would like to add?[/b]

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:04 pm
User Image
                                              ╔═════════════════════════════════╗
                                              Hailey Scheer
                                              Thirteen Years Old - Third Year - Slytherin - Muggleborn - Namaste Club Leader
                                              ╚═════════════════════════════════╝

Hailey sat on her mat in the Quad. The other yoga mats were already set up, but no one had shown up yet. Perhaps Hailey was a little too excited to get things started since the club didn't even officially start for another ten minutes. The yoga club wasn’t a huge hit last year, but it was only their first full year running. This year, she felt like the club would take off in popularity. Either way, she and Chanda both made decent progress with their bodies even if the boy dozed off every now and again. Hailey was a little worried about her co-leader, but she knew he had a lot on his plate with co-leading this club, being a part of another club, being a prefect, and also studying. In fact, she admired just how hard Chanda was working that she, too, wanted to follow in his footsteps and become a prefect. Maybe she’d have a better chance at gaining that title if she joined another club. Of course, if she couldn’t handle all of that while maintaining good grades, she would have to end up dropping said club. Not a moment later, it was decided – Hailey would go ‘club hunting’ after today’s yoga class.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Flexing like a yogi, drop it down with your hands up
                                              Do a handstand, bend it back, put your legs up

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:03 am
And, oh, I'm losing sight, I'm losing touch
All these little things seem to matter so much
That they confuse me
That I might lose me
Take a moment, remind yourself to
Take a moment and find yourself

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

𝔾𝕣𝕪𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕣 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕙 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕗𝕖𝕔𝕥 ☀ ℙ𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕕 ☀ 𝕄𝕖𝕥𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕘𝕦𝕤

❃❂❁Chanda walked across the soft grass still damp from the morning due with a moderate sized picnic basket in one hand and his own yoga mat in the other. He felt indebted to little Hailey for a number of reasons; going ahead and pushing through for an actual yoga club (an idea he'd merely thrown around but never thought to try for), help run it and despite her young age be an amazing co-leader especially when he felt he wasn't pulling his own. He'd had a year to get familiar with with his prefect role which he was thankful for once he had his heaping NEWT homework piled on top of him, as well as helping with the annual school play. It'd taken a toll last year and he was embarrassed to say a few of the more relaxing poses had had him dosing for a bit. So as a thank you as well as a 'one year anniversary.' Chanda had made a pit stop at the kitchens grabbing some lovely ginger biscuits to hand out to those after the session as well as some chai tea to share with his co-leader. It was literally the least he could do. He grinned as he spotted the third year already on the Quad with the yoga mats in place still marveled at her work ethic.

"Good morning, Hailey! Wow, you got so much done already, you must've gotten here way early." he praised her making his way towards her mat. "I've also got a bit of a treat. I kinda wanted to thank you for handling everything last year when I was, uh, a bit indisposed. So I got you some chai and the house elves made these amazing ginger biscuits that I thought we could hand out to the members after today's lesson." Chanda placed the basket next to and crouched down to open it and showed her the goods inside.

Take a moment and ask yourself if
This is how we fall apart
But it's not, but it's not, but it's not, but it's not, but it's not
It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay
I've got nothing, got nothing, got nothing, got nothing to fear
I'm here, I'm here, I'm here
kiska166

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:59 pm
User Image
                                                ╔════════════════════════╗
                                                Penelope Barrett
                                                Eleven Years Old - First Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                                ╚════════════════════════╝

As soon as Penelope stepped outside, her eyes fell immediately on the brightly coloured yoga mats that were already set up. That was easy to find, she noted as she headed in their direction. Penny eyed the two students who were already there – a girl who appeared to be a couple of years older than her, and a boy with bright red hair who looked to be much older than her. The first year nodded to the both of them and smiled although she assumed only the boy was in charge of the club. “Hi, I’m Penelope,” she introduced herself. That, already, was a much better introduction than she had given at the fencing club. Taking a form, she filled it out and handed it over to the red haired student.

Penelope Barrett – Gryffindor – 1st
                                                Why are you interested in joining? I am a ballet dancer, and I want to continue working on my flexibility while I am at Hogwarts.
                                                What do you hope to accomplish in the club within the year? I hope to become more flexible and coordinated than I am now.
                                                Any other information you would like to add? No.

Everything was beautiful at the ballet
                                                And I was happy at the ballet

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? The Quad
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chanda, Hailey, Club Members
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Yoga Club
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Hopefully he doesn't think I'm weird....

Brennie was pretty excited to try out the yoga club this year. His head was still muddled with all sorts of confusing thoughts, but what better than yoga and meditation to help clear up those thoughts? Also maybe a long talk with friends.... but for now, this would work. He walked in, sending over a small wave toward Chanda, who was now his.... cousin.... in-law? Something like that. "Morning Chanda and Hailey~ Hope all's lovely." He grinned, pausing only to readjust his stupid braces. These ones may be more trouble than the wire kind, but at least he could eat caramel and apples again...

He walked over to Chanda, issuing a slightly crooked grin. "I sure hope you don't mind me joining in today. I'm not very practiced at yoga, but thanks to years of dance lessons, I'm real bendy. I think I can do it!" He nodded, his optimistic spirit shining through. Perhaps Chanda would have some ideas, since he was not really... conforming to either gender. Maybe he'd see if the older boy would have some good advice. Puck always seemed to, anyway.... maybe it was a family thing.

Brendan Findlay-Abrams - Hufflepuff - 6th Year
                                                                Why are you interested in joining? Peace, meditation.... stuff like that
                                                                What do you hope to accomplish in the club within the year? Develop a sense of mindfulness... and also learn to do yoga.
                                                                Any other information you would like to add? V flexible and coordinated from dance lessons

Yukina101

I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙɪᴛᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛᴏɴɢᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍʏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ, sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴇss
Sᴏ I sɪᴛ ǫᴜɪᴇᴛʟʏ, ᴀɢʀᴇᴇ ᴘᴏʟɪᴛᴇʟʏ. I ɢᴜᴇss ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ꜰᴏʀɢᴏᴛ I ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ
I ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴜsʜ ᴍᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ. I sᴛᴏᴏᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ, sᴏ I ꜰᴇʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ, ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ʙʀᴜsʜɪɴɢ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜsᴛ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏᴜɴᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sʜᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ. Gᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ. I sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ, I sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ɴᴏᴡ
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇʏᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪɢᴇʀ, ᴀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀᴇ
Lᴏᴜᴅᴇʀ, ʟᴏᴜᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ ʟɪᴏɴ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀᴍᴘɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇ ʀᴏᴀʀ!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:02 pm
User Image
                                              Hailey Scheer
                                              Thirteen Years Old - Third Year - Slytherin - Muggleborn - Namaste Club Leader

Hailey looked up when a shadow had dawned upon the grass and mats in front of her, which was followed by a familiar voice. She smiled when he commented on her work ethic. “I just want our first meeting of the year to go smoothly. Also, good morning!” she added as she got up on her knees instead of sitting on her bum in a cross-legged position so that she can more easily look inside of the basket that Chanda had brought. “Oh, wow, thanks,” she said, taking the chai as her friend handed it over to her. Picking up snacks for her club members is not something that she would have ever thought of doing, but luckily for her, she had Chanda by her side through this whole leadership thing.

While Hailey was looking through the baked goods, another student had approached them, and she was followed by Nasim’s older brother. “Good morning, and welcome to Namaste,” she greeted them both. “My name’s Hailey, and this– she said, hitting her co-leader’s arm lightly, “ –is Chanda,” she introduced to the girl. When both forms were filled out, Hailey looked over them, still paying attention to what the sixth year was saying. “It looks like both of you are dancers,” Hailey noted, looking up from the slips. “How interesting. Well, shall we get started?” she asked, looking over at Chanda.

Yukina101
Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
Priscilla Richardson - Connelly
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventeen Years Old - Pureblood
Twin & Step Sister

Priscilla had no plans whatsoever to join another club. She’d been a part of the drama and the music club since her first year. Both things put her in the spotlight (when others would allow it). She had always liked that. When Chanda gave word that he was making a club last year, she pondered the idea of joining. It was a joint idea between Chanda and Hailey a Slytherin years below them. It didn’t take much convincing from the Gryffindor to get Cilla to say she’d attend. So, it was no surprise that the Slytherin was on her way to the club again.

Unfortunately, Priscilla was running behind schedule given that her sister was in turmoil. It wasn’t even that big of a problem but there was no accounting her twins low brain capacity. How could see not see that she was headed to something of importance. Though to be fair Cilla wasn’t free of freaking out over unimportant things going wrong. Not that she would ever admit it.

Arriving at yoga a few people were already present. It was to be expected given that she was late. “Sorry I’m late…” The words came out before she even realized she said them. It wasn’t often she apologized for anything including the simple stuff. “Sister needed assistance, but I’m ready for some relaxation.” Priscilla said pushing that aside as she filled a form out rather quick. There wasn’t much to say about her with regards to the club.

Priscilla Richardson-Connelly - Slytherin - Seventh Year
                                                  Why are you interested in joining? Just to relax (plus Chanda talked me into it)
                                                  What do you hope to accomplish in the club within the year? No hopes really, though being stress free is always nice.
                                                  Any other information you would like to add? Nothing else to add.

Company : Other club members...

OOC : - - -

You'd do well to mind your manners, girl
                                                  Impatience will get you nowhere
                                                  But, you are quite right,
                                                  I think you'll learn your lesson well in
                                                  Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:35 pm
And, oh, I'm losing sight, I'm losing touch
All these little things seem to matter so much
That they confuse me
That I might lose me
Take a moment, remind yourself to
Take a moment and find yourself

𝔾𝕣𝕪𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕣 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕙 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 ℙ𝕣𝕖𝕗𝕖𝕔𝕥 ☀ ℙ𝕦𝕣𝕖𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕕 ☀ 𝕄𝕖𝕥𝕒𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕘𝕦𝕤

❃❂❁Chanda was happy his younger friend enjoyed her surprise and was taking a sip from his own tea when two others made their way towards them at roughly the same time. One was a young girl, younger that even Hailey it looked like, and the other his newest sort of in law Brendan, or Brennie. It was funny, he'd known the teen from drama but didn't really interact with him too much and now all of a sudden his sister was married to his...cousin? He didn't really know how the whole family thing worked but it looked pretty large and complicated. He straightened up to greet them both before unfurling his own yoga mat.

"Nice to meet you, Penelope and good morning Brennie. Of course we don't mind, everyone's welcome!" he chuckled. Chanda grinned as Hailey did the introductions for them both and was impressed to hear that the two were dancers and figured that the deep stretches from yoga would benefit them both. Just as he was about to nod and start them off, Priscilla arrived apologizing for being late excusing that a sister needed help. He merely grinned at her happy she had even found the time to come by. "It's absolutely no problem, you're actually right on time we were just starting." he assured her. He went over to his mat and stood facing the small group pressing both his palms together in greeting.

"Namaste everyone and thanks for coming out to our first meeting of the year. Since it's still early and our first meet, we'll be doing simple stretches and poses. Later, we'll discuss other meeting times and the such. For now we're going to focus on getting a steady and purposeful breathing foundation. Place your feet directly underneath your body roughly shoulder width apart and your arms at your side like this. And now, breath in raise your arms up," Chanda demonstrated the pose and raised his arms with a loud inhale, "and then lower then slow and steady as you exhale."

Chanda led through the simple mountain pose, side planks, warrior one pose, downward facing dog, and children's pose. During the time either he or Hailey walked around and made sure everyone had the correct stance and that no one was in immediate pain. Now at the end, he had everyone to finish in a mindful breath basically allowing them to lie on their backs and count their breaths as the allowed their bodies and minds to relax and just be. He'd contemplated bringing a radio to maybe play some relaxing music but really, what was more relaxing than nature? After roughly ten minutes of breathing he quietly brought everyone back as to not startle them and hoped they would all be back next week.

Take a moment and ask yourself if
This is how we fall apart
But it's not, but it's not, but it's not, but it's not, but it's not
It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay
I've got nothing, got nothing, got nothing, got nothing to fear
I'm here, I'm here, I'm here
kiska166

Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:01 am
User Image
                                              Hailey Scheer
                                              Fourteen Years Old - Fourth Year - Slytherin - Muggleborn - Namaste Club Leader

Hailey was in the process of setting up several mats for anybody who may want to join Namaste this year. The club had managed to grow in popularity last year, and she was expecting the same, if not better, this year. Although she was excited for the first (and every meeting after that), she couldn’t help but feel a little down that Chanda wouldn’t be helping her run it this year, for he and another previous member Priscilla had graduated last year. Their absence, plus her brother’s absence from the school as he had also graduated, made her feel a little lonelier inside. Honestly, she didn’t think she’d miss Jordan as much as she did considering they didn’t spend that much time together while they were both students, but now, a part of her wished that he was still here. Once she finished placing down the mats and making sure they were properly spaced out to give every person enough room to be comfortable, Hailey sat down in a criss-cross position on her own, waiting for the others to arrive. The forms lay in a stack on the corner of her mat with a rock weighing them down to prevent them from flying away in the wind.

[u]Character Name - House - Year[/u]

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:30 pm
User Image
                                                ╔══════════════════════════════╗
                                                Penelope Barrett
                                                Twelve Years Old - Second Year - Gryffindor - Reserve Keeper - Halfblood
                                                ╚══════════════════════════════╝

Penelope made her way to the Quad. She enjoyed the yoga club a lot because she got to stretch, feel good, and there was no pressure for her to talk to anyone. Unless of course she was the only person there. Penny sat down on her mat and reached over to fill out a form after greeting Hailey with a “Good morning, welcome back.” Once she finished, she sat back with her legs stretched out in front of her, leaning on her hands behind her. She knew a couple of the older club members from last year had graduated, but she couldn’t be the only member. That would be so awkward. Then again, she was the first to arrive last year other than both club Captains, so maybe more were on their way.

Penelope Barrett – Gryffindor – 1st
                                                Why are you interested in joining? I am a ballet dancer, and I want to continue working on my flexibility while I am at Hogwarts.
                                                What do you hope to accomplish in the club within the year? I hope to become more flexible and coordinated than I am now.
                                                Any other information you would like to add? No.

Everything was beautiful at the ballet
                                                And I was happy at the ballet

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:30 pm
Tell me that you've got everything you want
And your bird can sing
But you don't get me
You don't get me

Hufflepuff Fourth YeαrPurebloodLucч

ஐﻬ ❀♫ ♪ Nasim had been meaning to join the yoga club for a while but finally made up her mind to try it out this year. The fact that Chanda had created the club sort of helped and she felt bad she hadn't actually joined while they were still
                                                      a student. She walked out to the quad not seeing a whole lot of people but spotted Hailey already out by the mats and went over to her. "Good morning, thought I'd finally give this a try." she explained with a small smile before giving a wave to another girl who said her own greetings.

Nasim Findlay-Abrams - Hufflepuff- Fourth

Why are you interested in joining? It seems interesting and I've always wanted to learn

What do you hope to accomplish in the club within the year? Maybe some good flexible poses? Or breathing techniques?

Any other information you would like to add? Not really..
kiska166

You say you've seen the seven wonders
And you bird is green
But you can't see me
You can't see me

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:09 pm
User Image
                                              ╔═══════════════════════════╗
                                              Hailey Scheer
                                              Fifteen Years Old - Fifth Year - Slytherin - Prefect - Muggleborn
                                              Namaste Club Leader - Member of the Language Club

╚═══════════════════════════╝

Although the club had taken a hit in members last year, presumably due to Chanda’s absence, Hailey was determined to add more members this year. She had brought a basket of goodies, which Chanda used to do. Last year, she had completely forgotten to bring them to the first meeting, but she wouldn’t allow herself to be so disorganized this year. After all, she was a Prefect, and Prefects had to be on top of their duties, especially if she wanted to become the Head Girl in a couple of years. The fifth year sat criss-crossed on her mat with a stack of forms laid out in front of her, waiting for others to join.

[u]Character Name - House - Year[/u]

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff