Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Browns of a Feather (Nadry/Misty+Dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:42 am
Crunch crunch crunch.

Nadry wasn't generally squeamish, not after the first months of cutting up meat for Menankith, then all the time since watching him make his own kills.  But right now?  She definitely did not want to watch him dispatch a wherry.  Just hearing it was bad enough.  Not that she needed to be present while he fed, it wasn't as though he needed the supervision, but he'd decided after his latest scrubdown that he was in need of a snack.  Maybe it was just her, but he seemed hungrier than usual - and maybe it was her.  She was certainly even more enamored with sweets than ever before.

Not right this moment, though.  She leaned back against the fence and did her best to tune out the sounds of her dragon's happy munchings, keeping an eye out for any familiar faces that might happen by.  This long stretch of not being an active wingrider often left her feeling a bit out of the loop.  Not that she lacked for company, but it was a bit strange regardless.  Granted, everything felt a bit strange in some way or another these days.  Faranth.

Catching the edge of his rider's discomfort, Menankith was quick to apologize. Sorry! I can be quieter!

crunch crunch crunch.

It's okay, I'll just...go over here. The brownrider pushed off the fence and moved a little farther away.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:18 pm
Zamistia was deep in thought, as Nanuth was getting himself some food. She could hear the familiar sound of him digging into a wherry, sounding like he was enjoying it. Their graduation was almost here, she couldn't believe they were going to be joining wings. It felt like just yesterday when her beloved brown came and picked her out. When her world was changed and she felt like a part of herself was found. However, being a brown rider, meant she had to do her best to be a leader. Not only that, but it was harder because she was a female brown rider.

You will do amazingly, my light. You have grown since I have found you. However, if it would help, there is another female brown rider near by. You could ask her,Nanuth suggested, taking a moment to pause in his meal.

The red head blinked for a moment, taking in what her dragon said. Had she been so lost in her thoughts that she had missed someone else nearby? Her grey-blue eyes scanned the area, before seeing someone a short distance from the feeding pens. Nadry, if she remembered all of the information she had obtained about those who may one day be her fellow riders. She had made note of her because like Nanuth said, she was a female who rode a brown too. And though Misty had not been here for it, Nadry was still fairly fresh to being a rider herself, having just graduated a little more than a turn ago.

Thanks for letting me know, Nanuth. Continue your meal, I will go talk to her,Zamistia thought back to him. She took a deep breath, before walking over to the other. She saluted the woman gently, thinking the woman seemed a little pale.

"Are you okay, Rider Nadry?"she asked gently. She could feel Nanuth's gentle pride that she not only spoke to the other, but was making sure she was alright.

Meepfur

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:01 am
Though he'd been preoccupied with his meal, and with eating it in such a way that wouldn't be quite so noisy, Menankith had certainly noticed that he wasn't the only one enjoying a bit of a snack. As he crunched his last bits of wherry he sidled a little closer - still respectful of the younger brown's space, but eagerly curious about him. Outwardly, he was quite calm and cool aside from a tailtip he couldn't quite keep from wriggling, but inwardly he was delighted. It was one of the new ones!! Well, new-ish. Old enough to almost be graduated now, but with everything that had happened what with Macuith and his own groundings, he'd rather missed nearly all interaction with the clutches while they'd still been small.

You must be Nanuth, he observed by way of polite greeting. I am Menankith.

Nadry looked up when she was addressed - saluted, no less - and blinked owlishly at the weyrling for a moment before she answered with a wave of her hand. "I'm fine, thank you. All the crunching is just a little much." Though she wore a jacket to keep out the worst of the chill, it was too light to camouflage that she had reached a state of obviously pregnant. That was taking some getting used to, for sure. "You're Zamistia, right?"

Judging by the large brown Menankith was currently attempting to start conversation with.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:45 pm
Now that Zamistia was taking everything in, she could now see Nadry's pregnant stomach. Ah, that was why she wasn't feeling good, that made sense to the young woman. At the mention of the crunching, she wondered if that included her own dragon as well. She hadn't even thought of that, but now she did, she worried about it. She could tell Nanuth was keeping his attention on her, while also on the other brown who was speaking to him.

Nanuth, can you chew quieter too please? I don't want to make her feel worse, if we can help it. Also, remember to be nice to her brown,she requested in her mind to her dragon. Just like she had grown, there was still some tendencies of both that had stuck. She figured he would be good, but didn't hurt to remind him.

Of course, I can eat quieter, Mine. As for being nice, give me some credit, my light. I am looking forward to talking to him too, just as I am with those of my family who did the same in picking girl and Mharlith,Nanuth pointed out. And true to his word, he began to eat quieter, while getting ready to reply to Menankith.

"Sorry, I made sure my own dragon quieted down with his eating too. Yes, of Brown Nanuth. It is very nice to meet you,"Misty replied to her fellow brown rider.

You would be right, I see my rider and I aren't the only ones who have been taking notes. And great minds think alike, wasn't the only one who needed a snack,Nanuth replied calmly, but he was honestly kind of excited too.

Meepfur

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:39 pm
"He doesn't- Well, thank you." Nadry felt a bit bad that the other brown was now toning down his enjoyment as well. She hadn't meant to imply that he needed to - she could always have gone inside away from it, after all - but it was quite lovely that he was so considerate, so she would simply be grateful for it and move on. "It's a pleasure to meet you, as well. Quite a big fellow you have there," she noted with a nod in his direction. "They grow awfully fast, don't they?"

It is indeed the perfect time for a snack! Mine was not up to taking me out hunting today, though, Menankith explained, knowing it odd for a healthy, fully adult dragon to be utilizing the feeding pens, which was why he'd stopped at only the one wherry. He could have a snack for now, and perhaps in a day or two go out for a hunt and proper meal. She is better some days than others.

It won't be long before you'll be able to leave the Weyr to hunt yourself, I gather. Graduation! Such an exciting time.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:06 am
Zamistia had an inkling that Nadry had been about to say Nanuth didn't have to eat quieter as well. Even if that was the case, the small red head felt it was the right thing to do and knew Nanuth had no problems with it too. As long as no one tried to invade his space without some kind of warning or getting permission. Menankith had been quite respectful when he approached Nanuth, which she had felt her dragon's gratefulness for. Not only that, but the fact another brown with a female rider had wanted to speak to him was amazing to him...outside of his family, that was.

"Yes, I never expected him to get so big. It feels like just yesterday he came to me on the sands. What was it like when you graduated?"Misty asked, looking to the other.

Ah, it is indeed a good snack time. I can only imagine what it is like to have a pregnant rider. Though, I suppose that will be a concern for me one day. And yes, soon we will be able to go hunt ourselves. Maybe even visit my light's family, I know she misses them. I am looking forward to fighting Thread properly..long as I can keep her safe,Nanuth admitted to the other.

Meepfur

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:00 am
"It was terribly exciting," Nadry answered, "But stressful, too, in a way. All that uncertainty about what wing you'll end up in, what the wingleader and your new wingmates will be like. Will you be with some of your friends, or get split up? I was a little disappointed, I'll admit - we wanted to be in Tsunami, with Illa and Fenrith."

"Not that there's anything wrong with Burning Aces, of course," she was quick to add, "It's just that none of our closest friends were in it, at the time. It's different now, we have Ichta and Aurinkoth since things were shuffled around and a new wingleader...not that we've spent much time being a proper part of the wing lately. We ended up grounded just before everything changed, then we were barely back up in the air before he got hurt again. And now, well..." Nadry gestured to her belly and shrugged.

"Is there a wing you two have been eyeing?"

It is very odd, Menankith admitted, But exciting! I know I will never have my own eggs, so this is as close as I will get.
It is not too much of a danger, though, as long as Yours remembers to be careful if you are ever grounded. There was quite a lot going on, so everyone forgot about it.
Oops. In spite of the many concerns the humans had about it all, he was certain it would be alright! It is good to be able to go places, Mine likes to go out with Aurinkoth's and explore - and with Macuith's and Viandarth's, of course! She does not have family to visit, though, except for a brother at Western, and that makes visits very tricky.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:21 pm
Zamistia nodded her head, she couldn't help but agree with Nadry, it was exciting and nerve wracking all rolled into one. She knew the wing leaders and their seconds were looking at all of them, trying to decide who would be best for them. Had her successful throws to some of the wingleaders and Weyrleader himself been enough to get noticed? She did wonder what her future wingmates and wingleader would be like, having gotten so used to flying under V'mel and his staff with the other Weyrlings. And would she end up in a wing with her friends, she didn't know that either. It was good to hear someone else had concerns like that too and could be disappointed.

"I am sorry you didn't end up where you wanted to. Though, glad to hear you eventually in the same wing as a friend. If I am honest, I am hoping to be in the same wing as my sister. She is in Harbringers, but would also like to be in a wing with my friends. And I am sure you will be great in your wing, once you can rejoin them,"Misty pointed out.

I still have a chance for eggs, long as I can show any others up. However, I will admit, it would be nice to get to watch my light with an egg of her own. And don't worry, Mine knows how to be careful, a little too much so sometimes. Ah yes, I suppose going to Western would be a little trickier, but if you had a reason, you could go, yes?Nanuth asked.

Meepfur

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:40 pm
"Oh, my brother's in Harbingers, and so is one of my weyrmates," she noted. Upon graduation, she had very much not wanted to be in the same wing as her older sibling, but he'd been startled to his senses by her and Menankith's first grounding, and they'd started to repair their relationship, so now it was a pleasant association. "You'll do well wherever you end up, I'm sure."

I wish you luck, should you decide to chase. The more brown clutchsires, the better! There is nothing the bronzes can do that we cannot. Rhianth's clutch had been sired by a brown, after all, and it had been quite sizable and produced a gold, so no one could claim it was lesser for the color of its sire. Both Weyrs are very particular about who visits and why now, ever since that bronze decided to make a fool of himself. They much prefer that meetings happen elsewhere entirely, although obviously that becomes much more complicated when someone isn't a rider. And a candidate besides.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:06 pm
Zamistia smiled softly, it was good to know that Nadry knew some in Harbringers too. Though, knowing the other had a sibling in Harbringers, while Nadry herself was in another, made her wonder if she would have to deal with that too. She felt Nanuth's gentle reminder that no matter what, her sister would support her. The red head knew he was right, after all, she had been a herder apprentice while her sister had been a rider. As Nadry assured her that she would do well too, she gave her a bigger smile of thanks. Nanuth had told her how far she had come, she didn't even stammer anymore around others, less she was startled.

"Well, even if I don't end up in Harbringers, I know Belia will be proud. I just hope wherever I end up, I can be as much use as I can. Nadry, is it a lot of pressure being expected to be a leader, if needed?"Misty asked. Speaking of her sister, had reminded her the other would have lovingly teased her for having been so formal with the other female brown rider to start with. She knew from her lessons, that as brown riders, they were looked to as potential leaders, even being females on browns.

Thank you, I do plan to chase some of the golds, when the time comes. Yes, us browns are pretty amazing, after all, my cousins have a brown father. I know I can show them how well a brown can do myself, one day. And yes, I don't know what that bronze thought he was doing criticizing us or my family. Mother was upset and I don't blame her, the nerve of someone questioning babies hatching,Nanuth huffed. It was clear that he still did not approve of that happening at all.

Meepfur

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:05 pm
Nadry thought about the question, giving it all due consideration. "Not really? I mean, the possibility is there, if you and Nanuth want it, but there are enough bronzes, let alone browns who have made more traditional choices, that there's not a lot of outside pressure. You can do it, if you want Illa and Fenrith were wingseconds for Tsunami, and Aces has Argathi and Genkuroth now, but no one's going to push you into it if you don't want it or aren't ready." She looked over to the two chatting browns for a moment, remembering how overwhelming it had all been at first. "Menankith hatched with a lot he wanted to do, but he's settled down a little. Not that he doesn't want to still, but he realizes now that things take time...he doesn't always like it, but it's true."

While she fully agreed with him on the need for change, she'd had to back him down from being too vocal, or too the wrong people. Getting themselves transferred for making trouble wouldn't help anyone.

I had thought to try it myself one day, but in truth, I find I have no attraction to golds. Not that it's strictly required, but it seems disingenuous to me. It simply didn't sit well, after certain turmoils he'd been through and caused. It is very generous to say he was thinking anything at all. It is one thing to question authority, but that...that was wrong, plain and simple.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:08 am
Zamistia thought about what Nadry said, she supposed there were a lot of bronzes and then browns who had picked male riders. After all, she knew there had been quite a few bronzes in Nanuth's clutch, so maybe they did have time to be needed. Though, she knew Nanuth would not mind being such and she admitted, she felt she could help people as one. However, she did want to take some time before she jumped into something like that.

"Maybe one day, to better help people I may decide to do so. There are a few female brownriders who are wingseconds around, plenty of good examples. Nanuth didn't come to me with any of those expectations. He honestly just wanted to get off the sands, since he was feeling a little crowded. I am sure one day, your brown will get to be a leader. You two would probably do well,"Misty told her.

No, I would imagine feelings for a gold wouldn't be needed to chase. However, it really is what is best for you and what you feel like doing. If it isn't something that makes you happy, then definitely should do what you want. And you may be right, maybe it is too kind to say he was thinking, when he spoke such words. I wonder if they punished him at all,Nanuth mused. He hoped they had, since what had happened as a result had been a mess.

Meepfur

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:01 am
"Those really were some crowded Sands, so I can't say I blame him any," Nadry agreed. "Menankith's clutch was barely more than half the size of even one of those, and I thought that was overwhelming. It was my first time Standing, but still, I'm glad it was my last." For a whole variety of reasons. She'd have been heartbroken if Menankith hadn't been hers, after all, not to mention the bonds she'd formed with her classmates. Everything would be very, very different. "Well, thank you. I know it's what Menankith wants, so I'll do my best to get us there, in time."

She was in no hurry, not with the Turn they'd had. She wanted to enjoy her time with her weyrmates, especially now that C'lusi was in a better place, have this baby and get settled into something resembling normalcy again. Ambition could sharding well wait for a bit!

I should hope they did. He made a right mess of things for a lot of people, and it's only right that that should earn him a punishment. Criticizing little babies for taking too long to hatch and find Theirs, really! Menankith snorted, his eyes flashing irritable colors. He'd had an important task upon hatching, himself, and though it had kept His in suspense awhile longer, it had still needed doing.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:10 am
"No, I can't blame him either, really. Nanuth has a lot of siblings and cousins. I had heard the clutch Menankith came from was smaller. I would have been worried I wouldn't get a dragon..though guess I did anyway with more eggs. Oh, it had been your first time standing too? Were..you nervous about it, considering some had more experience with hatchings?"Misty asked. She wondered if that was just something she had been concerned about.

She looked over at the two browns quietly, wondering what it might have been like if she hadn't found her other half that day. She wouldn't have had Nanuth and she would have had to watch her friends go through Weyrling training without her. Actually, she wouldn't have gotten to know any of those who had become her classmates at all. The thought made her sad, which had her brown give her a gentle mental nudge of love. She could feel his reminder to her that it happened as it should, she was the only one for him.

Agreed, I would be very upset if some kind of action was not taken against him. My cluthsibs and cousins, were allowed to take all the time they needed. I knew who Mine was as soon as I broke shell, but took time before going to her. I would imagine your own hatching went without such rudeness,Nanuth spoke.

Meepfur

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas