Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Know You Better (Hesperith/Aresoth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:42 pm
Quote:
Stretched out upon the edge of the lake the water lapping at his lower limbs, Aresoth allowed himself a moment of relaxation. The large bronze had taken to enjoying the scenery and after a pretty bad Threadfall or drills where he pushed himself too hard, he found slinking into the cooler waters of the lake to be just what he needed.

There were only ever a few moments these days when the bronze allowed himself a true moment to relax. Most of the time he was still focused on so many other things, constantly speaking with His as they went over plans and ideas. They were not yet where he wanted them to be, but he was determined to change that.

Quote:
With winter's chill beginning to settle in, Hesperith had been keeping a careful eye on Hers. Their first northern winter hadn't agreed with Sylfie at all, and the young woman didn't need another bout with sickness! Once had been quite enough. She'd felt quite wretched last night, leading to no small concern on both their parts, but whatever it had been, it had gone as quickly as it had come, as all was well today.

With that worry out of mind, the gold took advantage of a free moment in her day to relax near the lake. It was a bit chillier than she preferred for a swim, but it was still one of the best places in the Weyr to see and be seen. Catching sight of one of Uridith's handsome brood, she extended an amiable greeting. Good afternoon, Aresoth.

Quote:
Lifting his head from where it had been laying Aresoth caught sight of Hesperith. Good Afternoon Hesperith His own greeting was light as he sent it to her. He had had the chance to speak to her off and on but not as much as others. How are you and yours doing?

Quote:
We are quite well, thank you, though slow to grow accustomed to the latest chill in the air. We are thinner of blood and ichor than those like you who are mountain-bred. This would be their third winter, and she doubted Sylfie would like it much better than the first two, but such was life at High Reaches. You look well - I trust that is true?

Quote:
That is very good to hear. I prefer this cold to the warmer weather. I would not do as well if the situation was changed. Chuckling softly he tilted his head some before nodding it up and down. I have been well, Thank you. It has been sometime since Thread has managed to scar me or mine. It is nice to have the new wing riders in our number as well. They have grown up to be quite the fighters.

Quote:
Hesperith laughed softly at the suggestion. How very true. A temperate medium would be ideal, of course, though perhaps such consistency might grow stale, after a time.

I am glad to hear it. It is a perilous task you face in the fighting wings. Not that the Queen's Wings were without danger, injury, or even death, but those higher up faced the very worst of it. It is a wonder to see Fianth's and Rhianth's children grown, is it not? It seems not long ago that we were celebrating their arrival, and now they have taken their place alongside the rest of us.

Quote:
Yes. As much as I like the mild days of spring or fall I do think I’d miss the wonder of the snow. He could not help a find thought back to when he was a weyrling and the snowball fight that had broken out.

The wings have been working well these past few falls. There have been some who are down but none have been lost. Talk of the little ones growing had a part of Aresoth wonder when the next clutch would arrive. New dragons were always needed. It all seems to go so fast. My own weyrling hood felt to be just a blink of an eye. Was yours the same? You were hatched before the return of Thread yes? He found himself curious of how the world had been there and wishing to learn more of Hesperith as well.

Quote:
There is nothing else quite like it, I will admit. Though she did not overly appreciate being cold, snow was beautiful. The months and months of it do get quite long, however.

It is a near thing, sometimes, Hesperith noted sadly. I hope that these young ones will not suffer overmuch in their defense of Pern, but I know that we are still only just beginning. There would come a time when Thread only falling once a sevenday would seem peaceful and easy.

I think we are all grown not soon enough, but quicker than it felt while we were growing. She nodded, then, confirming his thought. At Ista. It was quite different, of course. They taught us what we needed at the time well enough, and then we were free to do as we pleased. There was much to learn, when the Enemy came back.

Quote:
It can get boring if you do not have much to do. Luckily we always have something to keep us busy. While he may enjoy the cold more then the heat as well as enjoy the views of the snow capped mountains Aresoth did not like monotony, it could cause even the brightest minds to idle.

And when that time comes we will need the best flying with us. He had faith that those young ones now graduated to full riders would be strong enough to continue fighting. Every fall Aresoth did his best, as others did, to protect those on the ground as well as around him to protect them from Thread but he was not foolish enough to think that no one would fall.

As he listened to her words Aresoth found he could not even begin to imagine what life would have been like born before Thread had returned. If there was no Thread to fight then what was his purpose to be? Would he goals of leading still be something worth continuing towards? You learned very well and you are quite the sight in the air Hesperith. Before you found yourself at High Reaches what did you and yours do? Forgive me all of these questions but I am at a lose thinking of what a dragon would do when there is no Thread to fight.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:53 pm
We have had the best of teachers, in Fianth and Hers and the other fine golds of High Reaches. In spite of her diplomatic answer, Hesperith curved her neck coyly at his assessment, quite pleased that he found her to be a sight in the air. They had worked quite hard to to achieve the standards of the Weyr, and much as Hers worried about it, she knew they had done well. I accompanied Mine back to Nerat, where we helped her parents work the most beautiful land you could ever wish to see. The gold sighed wistfully at the memory of it, eyes whirling with greens and blues.

Not that dragons are well-suited to such work, but it was a good life. Peaceful. I do miss it.

BastetAmun

Meepfur
Crew

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas