Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Recuperation (Akaris/Soui+Dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:41 pm
Her poor, beautiful baby!  Ever since Samodith had been so terribly hurt during Threadfall, Akaris had been doting on her every possible moment - not that she wasn't always adoring of her perfect green, but she was just heartbroken that she had been so injured.  Even though it could have been so much worse, the young woman couldn't but hurt for her poor, beautiful bonded, and the damage that had been done.  She would fly again, but the right side of her face, along with quite a swathe of her neck, had been terribly burned, and there'd been no saving her eye.

She would never be any less beautiful to Akaris, but it still hurt to see, and to feel the pain through their bond.  Samodith, for her part, had suffered no blow to her confidence, and was as sure as ever that she was still the most superior of dragons.  If anything, she felt better than she had a sevenday before, having now placed her emotional turmoil behind her after a series of heartfelt chats with two particular dragons.  She was herself in most every respect, and bore the pain admirably, but Akaris couldn't help but fuss regardless.  Samodith regularly reminded her to go and take care of herself: to eat, to spend time with Andelath's, to go and sleep in her own bed.

The green crooned sweetly as Hers returned to the infirmary after dinner, carefully lowering her head so that her nose could be properly smooched.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:27 pm
She's back here again. Museth sent a little note to her rider from where she sat watching the arrival of Akaris. The white had been keeping note of her, partly out of self-interest and partly because Soui had asked. The young whiterider pair were in the infirmary as well, though for a far more different reason than the former group. Soui was there because she was volunteering her time and hoping to learn more and more, while Museth was there to make sure Soui left on time to go to classes or meals. Maybe you should go and talk to her this time? You're both from Western, as you've said, and are not strangers. I assure you, Samodith's will not bite.

There was a tinge of humor mixed in with the not so subtle push to be social, and Soui looked in the direction of her dragon from where she'd been sitting and rolling bandages. It's rude to interrupt others during their private moments. Museth audibly scoffed, both aloud and in Soui's head. I don't want to be rude.

Well I want you to be. Go. The white urged again, before adding, Samodith, Mine is coming over to speak to you and Yours. I hope it's not too much trouble. Ah, there it was - Museth's bad habit of shoving instead of giving a soft push. There was no chance for Soui to back out now and the little red-faced rider got to her feet and started moving in Akaris and Samodith's direction. She was mortified that her dragon had taken such an action but honestly, without the push she likely wouldn't have moved.

It wasn't that Soui disliked Akaris since she was indeed fond of her, it was more like....she didn't know exactly what to say or do. They weren't on equal footing now that they'd become riders, as Akaris had a weyrmate (as if that made any difference) and she was older. And prettier. And a whole host of other things that made Soui feel the fourteen turns she really was, but that was beside the point. For now she slowly moved over and waved upon approach, willing her face to stop looking like a burned apple. "H...hello Akaris."

Meepfur

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:56 pm
If Samodith hadn't been so insistent that she take time for herself, Akaris would have looked nothing short of a mess, but what her bonded wanted, her bonded got, and so the greenrider did look fairly presentable. Tired, yes, but still put together, with attention paid to her hair and clothing. It wouldn't have been her first concern, given the circumstances, but Samodith was adamant that she not only get enough food and sleep, but that she be properly freshened up and looking herself.

The green was whuffling gently at her, making sure all was in order, when her white cousin announced that Hers would be coming over to visit. It is no trouble at all, Museth! she answered amiably, relaying to Akaris that they were about to have a visitor. Mine could certainly use the company, and of course you are welcome as well, if you would like.

Suitably forewarned, Akaris turned to give Soui a small, tired smile. She was very fond of the younger girl from Western, having grown so over the course of the last Turn. "Hey, Soui."

It was a subdued greeting, to be sure, but it had been a stressful couple of days.
houllow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:18 pm
Then by your leave, I'll join you. The white had always liked Samodith's company, where she honest. Her green cousin was a particularly radiant example of their kind, if not a bit haughty in Museth's (never spoken) opinion. It was well warranted of course, with the pedigree she carried and the nature of her actions; yes, Museth admired her and had continued to do so through much of their formative weyrling training. After a moment or two of a candlemark the white appeared, a lithe and beautiful thing walking among the other dragons.

She and Soui had the sky's own luck it seemed, having borne no injuries from Threadfall on either of their bodies. Her unblemished hide seemed a bit of a mockery among the injured yet she carried herself with a kindness and sympathy. Plus, considering her rider's love of healing, she was a bit of a regular here anyway. You're looking much stronger today, my dear cousin. You're starting to regain to that radiant glow I've loved of yours.

". . . . . . . " Was Soui supposed to hug Akaris, because she really wanted to. This was also why she was so hesitant to come over, unsure if her actions as a healer should weigh more than her feelings as a friend. The older woman was something akin to a sister-figure, were she so selfish to openly admit it, and she wanted to provide as much comfort as she could. As it were the little healer was just holding a roll of bandages and looking absolutely lost and way, way more grubby than the figure before her. It only served to make her more self-conscious considering Akaris had all the more right to skimp on her appearance and Soui had no excuse. "D...did you get something to eat already?"

Faranth, let a hole open and swallow her now.

Meepfur

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:27 pm
Samodith thrummed a quiet welcome when Museth did appear, delicately reaching out her nose for the most careful of boops. It was a bit uncomfortable to do so, stretching burned hide and flesh, but she could hardly be expected to hold her head and neck still all the time, especially when there was affection to give and receive. She would rather have the ache than sit about wooden and moving as little as possible; though she wasn't as relentlessly active as many of her siblings and cousins, she wasn't lazy, either, and idleness did become grating eventually. I hadn't realized you were so fond of it, she purred, blue chasing most of the gray from her eyes. I am all the more glad, then, that it has returned.

If Soui was in any way grubby, Akaris didn't notice; even if she had, she would have assumed good reason for it. There were plenty of tasks that could turn even the most fastidious Weyr resident into a mess in no time at all, and Akaris was used to seeing it, especially with as much time as she was spending in the infirmary. "I did," she answered. "Samodith reminds me, and she won't take no for an answer." When she wanted something, she got it...most of the time. The young woman rested a gentle hand on the green's foreleg. "Did you, or have you been too busy working?"

houllow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:56 pm
Of course I am. Only a liar would ever tell you otherwise and I certainly don't intend to become one. Museth accepted the boop with grace and poise before motioning with her head and neck that her cousin should relax back. The white had been watching the way her muscles seemed to strain, the tug of flesh, and she had no desire to bring pain to any dragon, let alone family. Carefully she settled down to where she was close enough for warmth and comfort yet at enough of a distance to respect proper space. Many of the healer's dragons had been instructing her on proper comfort levels and zones, something the white was thankful for. And how has Yours been? Mine has been terribly worried over her, though you can't tell by how well she's speaking at the moment.

"I....I ate, yes. It's important for a healer to be in top condition since no one likes to see their healer be sick, right? I was always taught that from a young age." Soui smiled brightly, moving away from the nerves ever so slightly. If it was a topic she knew a lot about, or it didn't involve her directly, Soui was ridiculously good at speaking on it. "I should work on keeping clean a bit more though. I don't know how I managed to get so grubby...."

A glance down from Museth to where Soui was stammering had her rumble with amusement before sighing. Ah Mine. Please grow up a little. The words weren't spoken to Soui herself, but rather a comment made by the dragon so that Samodith might overhear and offer commentary, if she so wished. Museth wasn't an overly talkative dragon but she could understand how absolutely mind-numbing it could be to have only the same conversations over and over. There was only so often someone could be asked how they were before chances are they wanted to yell. Perhaps she should take some lessons from Yours. She's certainly admired enough.

Meepfur

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas