Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:43 pm
Welcome to the NPC Disney Song Clutch and Harry Potter Clutch Giveaway!

This is simply going to be a standard profile contest, pulled directly from the NPC Tea Profile Contest. As we'd like these profiles finished (besides any tweaking that might have to happen in the QC process) we're going to ask you actually make a full profile to be eligible!

Please note, you may make up to TWO profiles--one based on a Disney Song and another based on Harry Potter. If you make two profiles, they must both have unique riders and dragons. i.e. You cannot put the same rider on both dragons in hopes of winning one.

A few things that cannot be changed:

1. These dragons must all be stationed at High Reaches Weyr
2. None of these can be the first to have hatched, or the last. It's probably safest to say they Hatched somewhere in the middle, during all the hubbub.
3. None of them can have suffered traumatic injury or done anything that would have affected the clutches. Thus far we've only had two deaths (Eskharath and Aviforth) and while there were some grave injuries, none of their clutchmates are grounded or so disfigured it would have traumatized the group. At present, they are just standard, in relative good-health riders and dragons. (You can rip them to pieces after you win them.)

Disney Clutch NPCs
1 NPC Brown
2 NPC Blues
2 NPC Greens

Harry Potter Clutch NPCs
3 NPC Blues
3 NPC Greens
1 NPC White

For a total of 12 NPCs to give away!

Please note: Due to the amount of NPCs, as well as a change in the allowance for multiple Impressions, we'll be opening this to everyone--no matter if you Impressed a Disney or Harry Potter baby already!

Staff may enter. We may recruit an additional judge or two, in case Cheri and Uta wish to participate. We will likely judge the entries, but may also raffle some as well.

In all cases, we do require completed profiles to enter!

PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO ROLE-PLAY YOUR DISNEY OR HARRY POTTER BABY! For as large a Hatching as this was, we only have a small handful of players who are around, and would like to ensure these new hatchlings get the life they deserve.

We want to be fair to our base but we also don't want all this work and these special babies to go to waste. If RPing isn't your thing, we will have other contests in which to win pets that don't require activity.

We have the right to add more pets.

If we don't get enough entries we will hold onto the babies for future giveaways, contests, or otherwise give them out as we see fit.

Begins: Now
Ends: Saturday, November 30th @ 6pm PT

The Rules

The Rules
  1. You may enter up to 2 entries. One for the Harry Potter Clutch and one for the Disney Clutch.
  2. You could win them both, you could win, you could not win anything at all.
    Nothing is guaranteed!
  3. There is a possibility that the theme you choose might be won by someone else! Please be flexible with themes. It's also possible we love your entry but need to change the theme for whatever reason. Please be open to this!
  4. Please be open to the possibility that the color you choose is already taken, so you might need to tweak your dragon's color/sex.
  5. You do not get to design what the dragon looks like. That will be a surprise designed by our colorists.
  6. Please keep in mind that all dragons have empathy! So even if you make a mean or cruel dragon, they cannot be completely incorrigible, and cannot be purely evil or overly vicious. You will be disqualified, or at least not win, if the dragon personality doesn't fit!
  7. These are free!
  8. Drama will NOT be tolerated! If this experience turns into angst, either public or private, and causes more trouble and hurt feelings than joy, then we just won't do it again. So please, if you can't handle possibly not winning or not getting picked, then don't participate. This is a trial run and we just won't do it again if we find out or get dragged into drama over it. This is meant to be fun and offer opportunities to you guys! It's not meant to hurt or punish anybody. There will ALWAYS be more giveaways.
  9. If you do not intend to RP, if you do not intend to talk about your dragon, and if you refuse to make QC fixes once you win the pet -- DO NOT ENTER. This contest should be for those who actually want to give the characters life. The clutches already have so many inactive dragons that get no love or attention, we direly want these to go to people who will love them and use them.

Disney Clutch Specific Rules
  1. All NPCs must be based on Disney Songs!
  2. DO NOT make cosplay characters. Obviously, a dragonet could be loosely inspired by the hero or villain singing the song, but these are NOT cosplays and should still be their own character at the end of the day.
  3. DO NOT base NPCs off Songs already listed!
  4. While we prefer you choose different animated Disney Films that haven't been used, we understand each film has a variety of unique songs. I would suggest looking for Disney Songs that might be less well-known if you want to avoid possible duplicate or shared themes.
  5. Please avoid using films that are a mix of RL and Animation (i.e. Mary Poppins or Bedknobbs and Broomsticks). We want fully animated films, preferably from movies that were released in theaters. If you're unsure, feel free to ask!
  6. It is possible we might share themes and have twins or triplets. If you are uncomfortable with that, then I would choose a more obscure or less popular Disney song.
  7. Again, don't get attached to a concept or idea. Your NPC is going to need to be critiqued and we may need you to change crucial parts. No fighting with us. Either be flexible, or don't enter at all.
  8. If you do not win, you may use the character as a quest but they would not be part of the clutch theme--so they would need some reworking and would need the theme nyxed.
  9. Remember, these NPCs will know Fianth as a doting and very affectionate mother and blue Krahsujunth as their father. They will have an Uncle Rixth who is obviously their biological father, but who has taken the role as Uncle. He spent much of their hatching unaffiliated but is now part of the Weyr.
  10. Rhianth is Fianth's younger sister, so the Harry Potter clutch is technically their clutch cousins.
  11. K'ell and brown Eskharath were part of this clutch but died during a botched Between lesson.

Disney Song Themes Already Used -- Do Not Duplicate
    Remember Me (Coco)
    Once Upon a Dream (Sleeping Beauty)
    Go the Distance (Hercules)
    Heaven's Light (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
    Hellfire (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
    Gaston (Beauty and the Beast)
    Be Our Guest (Beauty and the Beast)
    Be Prepared (The Lion King)
    I See The Light (Tangled)
    Look Through My Eyes (Brother Bear)
    Immortals (Big Hero Six)
    Let It Go (Frozen)
    You've Got a Friend In Me (Toy Story)
    You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly! (Peter Pan)
    Friends on the Other Side (The Princess and the Frog)
    When You Wish Upon a Star (Pinocchio)
    Trust in Me (The Jungle Book)
    Someday My Prince Will Come (Snow White)
    Lesson Number One (Mulan II)
    Perfect World (The Emperor's New Groove)
    Friend Like Me (Aladdin)
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes (Cinderella)
    I'll Make a Man Out of You (Mulan)
    How Far I'll Go (Moana)
    Colors of the Wind (Pocahontas)
    Perfect Isn't Easy (Oliver and Company)
    You'll Be In My Heart (Tarzan)
    So This is Love (Cinderella)
    Bippity Boppity Boo (Cinderella)
    Healing Incantation (Tangled)
    Baby Mine (Dumbo)
    Rescue Aid Society (The Rescuers)
    Poor Unfortunate Souls (The Little Mermaid)

Harry Potter Clutch Specific Rules
  1. All NPCs must be based on Harry Potter!
  2. DO NOT make cosplay characters. A dragonet could be inspired by the hero or villain who used the spell, but these are NOT cosplays and should still be their own character at the end of the day.
  3. Do NOT make themes based off specific Harry Potter Characters. Instead, we ask you use more general HP themes, such as spells, and HP specific critters like pygmy puffs.
  4. Do NOT base any of these on the creatures in HP. Why? ....Well. There are more Hatchings and we don't want to spoil anything but... We probably have a future Hatching planned that uses certain fantasy creature themes someday. So sticking to spells, potions, courses, locations, and Wizarding World specific themes is likely more ideal. If you were to match a theme we already have planned to use, you risk not winning at all.
  5. DO NOT base Hatchlings off Spells and Themes already listed!
  6. It is possible we might share themes and have twins or triplets. If you are uncomfortable with that, then I would choose a more obscure or less popular Harry Potter theme.
  7. If you do not win, you may hang onto the theme as a quest. You would need to rework it and nyx the theme if you wanted the personality for a quest or adult dragon you win--they just wouldn't be part of this clutch.
  8. Remember, this clutch has Rhianth as a mother and brown Kronoseth as their father. Rhianth is a trader who travels with Aishe to help supply the Weyr with semi-precious materials and firestone. Kronoseth is her arm candy. They did not stay long at the Weyr, but visit from time to time. Rhianth is not close with her hatchlings. Kronoseth does try to reach out when he can. Fianth essentially reared them in her absence.
  9. Fianth is Rhianth's older sister, so the Disney clutch is technically their clutch cousins.
  10. Cavera and blue Aviforth were part of this clutch but died during a botched Between lesson.

Harry Potter Themes Already Used -- Do Not Duplicate
    Hufflepuff
    Avada Kedavra
    Slytherin
    Expelliarmus
    Cloak of Invisibility
    Flourish & Blotts Bookseller
    Imperio
    Gryffindor
    Room of Requirement
    The Sorting Hat
    Expecto Patronum
    Dementor
    Ravenclaw
    Lumos
    Nimbus 2000
    Avifors
    Death Eater
    Sectumsempra
    Firebolt
    Crucio
    Forbidden Forest
    Auror
    Amortentia
    Felix Felicis
    Veela
    Tarantallegra
    Butterbeer
    Cheering Charm
    Golden Snitch

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Entry Forms

Please fill out the entire application.

You are allowed to edit your entries, though we encourage limiting doing so. Why? Because often Cheri and I read entries as they are entered, and may not go back and re-read everything again. Please note in red if you edit anything substantial to your entry at the top of the post.

Please fill out SEPARATE posts for each custom entry and use the appropriate header!

Disney Song Clutch Header
[center][size=28][b][color=indigo]We're Going to Disneyworld![/color][/b][/size][/center]

Harry Potter Clutch Header
[center][size=28][b][color=saddlebrown]I Got My Acceptance Letter![/color][/b][/size][/center]

The Form

Please fill out this form in its entirety.

[size=11][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Weyr:[/b] High Reaches Weyr
[b]Rider Rank:[/b] Weyrling
[b]Previous Rank/Craft:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Positive Trait List[/b]
[b]Negative Trait List[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b] Anything else you want to add?

DRAGON
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Origin of Name:[/b] aka What Disney Song or Harry Potter Theme Is this?
- - - - > [b]Would you be willing to change the dragon's theme to fit a different NPC slot?[/b] Y or N (Just in case we love concepts but they happen to be the same type as another!!)
- - - - > [b]If your theme type is a duplicate of another winning entry, would you also be okay with the dragon being a twin?[/b] Y or N? Think of Macuith & Xochith, or Bossuth & Alquemieth.
[b]Color:[/b] Green or Blue or Brown (Disney)/Green or Blue or White (Harry Potter)
[b]- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragons color/sex to fit a different NPC slot?[/b] Y or N
[b]Inspiration:[/b] What is This Derg Based On
[b]Personality[/b]
[b]Size:[/b] [Choose a size based on our size chart for their color!]
[b]Physical Attributes:[/b] [Don't go into color or pattern. But you can say if they are large, small, stocky, limber, etc.]
[b]Additional Notes:[/b] Flame Length? Flight Interests? Other interesting tings to note?

[b]Why Me:[/b] Why did this dragon pick out the above Candidate? What do they give one another?

- - -
[b]What were they like in weyrling training?[/b] Were they known to cause trouble, studious, quiet, helpful, terrified, annoying, etc. We're asking how you generally see how they did!

[b]How did they get along with their other weyrlings?[/b] Would they have gotten along with them? Kept themselves more or less distant? Would they have tried to make friends? Please DON'T go into specifics on who they were friends with, who they weren't, etc. All that can happen with the Magic Babies after you find out if you've won or not! We're just asking for what you imagine they might have been like around the group!

[b]How did they feel about weyrling training and the strict rules and lessons?[/b]

[b]How did they handle their fellow weyrlings death during their first solo trips Between?[/b]

[b]How did they do during Threadfall?[/b] Have they lucked out? Have they been horribly injured or bloodied, etc.

[b]How do they feel about Threadfall's return?[/b]

[b]Anything else?[/b]
[/size][/center]

- - - -

gaia_star  

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:44 pm
gaia_star  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:44 pm
Open! Good luck one and all!  

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:57 am
[ edited 11/18 - added more to rouleth ]

We're Going to Disneyworld!

Name: I'ar
Sex: Male.
Sexual Orientation: Demisexual.
Weyr: High Reaches Weyr
Rider Rank: Weyrling
Previous Rank/Craft: Weyrbrat
Physical Description:
Short and thin, I'ar seems like the kind of person who'd blow away in a particularly strong breeze. He only stands at 5'3", and it seems as though he could still have more room to grow, provided he took somewhat better care of himself. Really, there's just not much in the way of meat on his bones, and he has a constantly drawn, morose look to him that seems out of place on someone so young. He's pale, enough to be concerning, with black hair kept short and neat, barely brushing the tips of his ears if it's out of sorts. His features are soft and gentle, with an upward tilt to his thin eyebrows that makes it appear as though he's constantly worried--which isn't inaccurate, really. The most notable thing about him is his eyes: his left is a muted brown, and the right an ice blue. He considers it to be a frustratingly distinctive feature, and tends to look down as much as possible in a halfhearted attempt to hide it.
Personality:
I'ar doesn't seem like he's quite ready for all of this. He's still reeling at the thought of being good enough to be a dragonrider, let alone actually becoming one--as a result, he's far less sure of himself than normal, considering the fact that he's having to reassess himself quite suddenly. Rouleth has done wonders for his confidence, really he has, but I'ar is still a withdrawn, sad sort of person, reluctant to reach out and attempt to make connections for fear of being a disappointment or otherwise lackluster. He has problems with recognizing his own self-worth, not to mention that he's even worth much in the first place, and has a frustrating tendency to compare himself to others specifically to tear down his own progress and achievements. He's an anxious sort, prone to getting caught up in his own head with little concern for the reality of the situation--when he gets an idea of how things are in his head, sometimes, it becomes as good as truth to him, even if he's vastly misinterpreted things.

He's an earnest, emotional kid who's still trying to gain his footing, and he feels far more deeply than he lets on. At his core, I'ar is an astoundingly loving person, but the problem is that he doesn't feel as though he's worth being loved himself; this makes it incredibly difficult for him to open up to anyone, meaning that he keeps on isolating himself without realizing it. He's become so accustomed to holding others at arm's length that it's his default means of dealing with people, and he has to forcibly stop himself and try to act differently in order to make any changes.
I'ar earnestly wants to be recognized as an individual in his own right, someone worthy of the attention and care that he's so desperate for, but he's terrified of all the what-ifs that go along with the thought. What if no one thinks he's worth it? What if he doesn't get any of those things? What if, all along, he never really had it in him at all? Rouleth does everything possible to shake him out of these ruts when he starts digging himself into them, but it's a learning process, and I'ar still has a long way to go in that respect. If he's feeling particularly low, his anxiety turns into envy, directed at others who have everything that he wants--how come they're able to have it all so easily? Why couldn't that be him?

I'ar truly hates being caught in that kind of loop, though. All too often, he throws himself into every available distraction he can get his hands on, putting every bit of his attention behind what he does until it's done in order to get his mind on something other than his own failings--or what everyone else has. On the plus side, that makes for an excellent work ethic and a commendable attention to detail, but it comes at the cost of his personal wellbeing. I'ar is prone to running himself ragged if he's not too careful, but having to keep tabs on Rouleth's shenanigans has ensured that he takes at least some of the proper breaks, fortunately enough. He'll get there eventually.

Positive Trait List: Sensitive, focused, attentive, methodical.
Negative Trait List: Pessimistic, guarded, skittish, envious.
History:
Idaar was used to being someone all too often hidden in the shadows. The youngest son of a pair of Brownriders, he always thought he was something of an afterthought, a third kid that hadn't really been intended, but had happened nonetheless. He was handed off to the creche as his siblings had been before him, and never really managed to get much of a connection with his parents; his brothers were far more close by, but then both of them grew old enough to become candidates, and they two were removed from his little corner of the weyr. Idaar had trouble standing out among the other weyrbrats, particularly with his siblings still in recent memory, and his anxiety about being left with no one familiar made him withdraw into himself all the more. He went to watch the Hatching his brothers were standing at, and got front row seats to his siblings both Impressing Bronze, a lovely pair of hatchlings that were clearly going to grow up to be something great.

And all the while, he began to feel less and less like he should be here. He couldn't think of much he brought to the table that his brothers hadn't already, and he found it difficult to make friends among those his age. More often than not, Idaar was simply on the sidelines, watching everyone else go about their days with a quiet kind of envy, bottled up and turning his desire to make himself known into venom.

By the time he'd started to mature, he'd already grown up feeling overshadowed his older brothers, and had long since consigned himself to a life of--well, ultimately, not much, especially not within the context of his family. How could he compare to his brothers, after all? They had been star candidates, star weyrlings, and now were star riders. Idaar, however, was just...Idaar, which is to say a kid who had had little opportunity to show himself to the world. He was used to being skipped over in favor of more appealing options, and quickly developed a rather pessimistic view of life and what he thought his place was in it. He wasn't even sure he was really worthy of being a candidate, but he took his birthright when it was offered, not wanting to rock the boat enough to draw any kind of negative attention. From there, he...just blended in again, already resigning himself to being a footnote, or even worse--completely forgotten.
His first Hatching came and went. Then the second, the third, and fourth, all blurring together into an ever-expanding chain of disappointments that he couldn't help but feel like he'd never shake. And before he could even hope to pick himself up out of the pit he was digging for himself, Idaar suddenly had to deal with the worst possible event on top of everything else: Thread had returned. The Hatchings became far more earnest now, far more important--and Idaar felt so much less like he deserved to be there. Surely there was someone else, someone more capable, someone more--just more who could take his spot? Why did it have to be him? What had he done to earn this place on the Sands?

All of his doubts and insecurities had wrapped him up in so much internal conflict. He tried to put on a brave face for that fifth Hatching when it rolled around, but it was just so hard--not to mention the fact that he hardly thought it was convincing. It really wasn't, and he almost walked off the Sands outright to try and smother his own emotions enough to where he might be able to convince his brain to let him calm down for just ten minutes. Was he going to have an anxiety attack? It sure felt like there was one looming on the horizon, complete with the start of a spiral of self-doubt and uncertainty that he knew he shouldn't have dared bring to the Sands--

Rouleth's voice hit his mind like a sack of bricks. Less than two seconds later, Rouleth himself hit him, also like a sack of bricks.

Idaar was fully convinced that he was being mauled when Rouleth tackled him, and simply allowed it to happen. That would be just his luck, wouldn't it? Being taken out like this--and then Rouleth rested his head on Idaar's chest, gently nosing the boy's chin. If His was so content to be on the ground like this, well--his Rouleth would be down here too, so it looked intentional. He was here now, and all those dark thoughts had better go away, because he had so much to do with I'ar! How were they gonna get out there and--and--get him some food because he's starving if His I'ar was so sad that he'd just lay down like that?

With some reassurance and gentle convincing, I'ar sat up, brushing as much of the sand off himself as possible. Little Rouleth was right--they had much to do, and he had to get to it sometime.
Other: sad weyr boy name of i'ar....please help him

DRAGON
Name: Rouleth
Origin of Name: Rouleth > roulette, as a reference to Oogie Boogie's roulette wheel of death. because oogeth didn't sound so great. :'>
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragon's theme to fit a different NPC slot? Y!
- - - - > If your theme type is a duplicate of another winning entry, would you also be okay with the dragon being a twin? Y!
Color: Brown
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragons color/sex to fit a different NPC slot? Y!
Inspiration: Oogie Boogie's Song
Personality:
Are you a gambling man, by any chance? Rouleth hopes you are.
Cocksure, confident, and at times a bit of a sleaze, Rouleth oozes charm and charisma--at least, he thinks he does. In reality, while he's quite good at putting up a smooth image, he's not quite as convincing as he's told himself he is. He loves high-octane thrills and the rush of adrenaline, and has made something of a name for himself as an almost foolhardy dragon who's all too willing to push the envelope in just about any situation. He wants things bigger, better, and most importantly, faster--Rouleth has no intentions of slowing down for anyone or anything, and his goal is to take himself (and whoever else is bold enough) along for the ride of his life. What's the point in living if you don't truly live? What good is it to sit there and let it all pass you by? That seems like such an unforgivable waste to him, and Rouleth wants nothing to do with that kind of talk.
He has a tendency to bowl over others with his desires, particularly if they're not as vocal about what they want as he is, and often has to be blatantly reminded to chill out and remember that other people exist, and will indeed be affected by what he does. Rouleth can be rather selfish, and doesn't usually consider the feelings of others in his plans to achieve high-flying thrills; at the end of the day, he simply loves to roll the dice, and there's very little that can stop him when he gets the itch to press his luck. He's always appropriately apologetic if somebody winds up getting hurt, but unless the people in question are at least somewhat close to him, he finds it hard to truly care about what happens to them. He has so much to do and see, and if he spent all his time worrying or getting to know everybody, he wouldn't have a minute to himself, not to mention to do anything he wants to.

Just as he's bold and brash, he's also perhaps a bit--or rather, a lot--short-tempered. Rouleth reacts often before he's really thought about things, and his tendency to feel so strongly without much consideration for what comes after often comes back to bite him in the a**. He very much lives in the moment, for better or for worse, and doesn't dwell on things for long, instead preferring to keep it moving. He has a seemingly boundless store of energy at all times, and it's often turned toward all manner of shenanigans. Rouleth never seems to slow down, and to actually make him stop takes something truly severe--much as he wants to live fast, life does, in fact, come at you equally fast. Even if he doesn't seem to completely understand that there's a possibility of terrible things happening, especially not as a direct result of his own actions, to his credit, Rouleth does spend some time thinking about the potential worst outcomes, although he's not the type of dragon to dwell on them long. Why should the specter of terrible things stop him, especially when they're not guaranteed to happen? Things could be fine! Who said they wouldn't be? His optimism carries him all sorts of places, and this, combined with the fact that he's convinced himself that the odds are always in his favor means that he won't shy away from any kind of a challenge, no matter how intimidating it may be. He can handle it! He's Rouleth--of course he can!
Size: 32'.
Physical Attributes: Rouleth is a chubby, stocky dragon, with short limbs and a sturdy build that's well-padded. He hardly seems like the athletic type, but he's far more capable of acrobatic maneuvers and high-flying tricks than his physicality may suggest; he loves being something unexpected, and takes great pride in how he looks, even if he's far from handsome by some people's standards. Why should he listen to them, though? He's none other than the inestimable Rouleth, and he's wonderful. He carries himself with all the swagger and presence of a Weyrleader's Bronze, albeit condensed down into a significantly smaller package.
Additional Notes: He finds bugs fascinating, and his favorite sunning sessions are the ones where he gets covered in butterflies. His absolute favorite insects are centipedes, however, and if I'ar let him, he'd find a way to keep some as pets.

Why Me:
I'ar was--just sad, really. Rouleth took one look at him for who he truly was and saw someone so very much in need of a drive to live, to go out there and be instead of simply letting it all pass him by; he knew he could do something about it, and he wanted nothing more than to take this kid and show him that not only was there things to really enjoy in this world, he didn't have to do it alone. Rouleth understands I'ar's tendency to isolate himself or otherwise set himself separately from others, but he knows it's really only hurting His in the end, no matter how much I'ar thinks it's the safest way to live.
Together, they can be so much more than they'd ever be separately, and they both know that. Their relationship is completely about balance, with both sides coming together to make each other stronger. I'ar's calm, measured way of thinking lends a critical element to Rouleth's...well, everything--thinking. Without someone to help him slow down just a bit, Rouleth is liable to burn himself out, but I'ar needs that burning enthusiasm as well to keep from freezing over. Rouleth draws out the best in I'ar and does whatever he can to ensure His doesn't wind up a sad old hermit living in a dark weyr, while I'ar just wants to make sure Rouleth doesn't die doing a nosedive into the Bowl or something like that.

- - -
What were they like in weyrling training?
Troublemakers, certainly--or at least Rouleth was. I'ar did everything he could to try and bottle up some of the Brown's endless enthusiasm, but part of the problem was that it was just so--infectious. He found himself being carried along with Rouleth's schemes far more easily than he'd ever thought possible, and that didn't always earn them much favor from the weyrlingmaster. In fact, usually, it was quite the opposite, and there were plenty of times in which they had to go through remedial lessons and other disciplinary actions as a direct result. Live and let learn, they suppose!

How did they get along with their other weyrlings?
For better or worse, Rouleth considers himself to be a social butterfly; whether or not he actually is is anyone's guess, but he's certainly of the opinion that he's an absolute delight. As a result, he was always rubbing elbows with the rest of the weyrlings, even sometimes to the point of being an annoyance. I'ar was significantly less sociable, but began to open up over time, although the aftermath of the Betweening lesson saw him closing off again without even realizing.

How did they feel about weyrling training and the strict rules and lessons?
All these rules and restrictions? Boring! Rouleth chafes under tight authority, wanting nothing more than to get out there and experience things according to his own rules--I'ar, however, is a very firm supporter of all the regulations they have to adhere to, and reins in the lion's share of Rouleth's less respectful tendencies.

How did they handle their fellow weyrlings' death during their first solo trips Between?
Badly. Very, very badly.
Rouleth is a daredevil, a thrillseeker, and very acquainted with the idea of mortal consequences--but until then, it had just been that. An idea. He never dreamed that something like that could have happened to them, and the fact that it was so sudden makes it all the worse. There was no time to prepare, no time to say goodbye, and no closure whatsoever; one moment, they were here, and the next...nothing but the feeling of loss, aching and agonizing. It shook his confidence in their perceived immortality to his core, and he was a wreck as soon as it happened--Rouleth had to stop for a minute to try and collect himself before he continued the drill, lest he consign himself and His to the same fate.
I'ar on the other hand--he still doesn't know what to do. He wasn't close with either of them, but they were family--clutchmates, fellow weyrlings, and above all else, living. He'd done so much with them by now, and their absence is a gaping void, a loss that can't be replaced. I'ar had started to become more open to the idea of connecting with others, particularly among the weyrlings from this joint clutch, but the thought that any of them could be gone just like that--he wasn't sure he could handle that happening to someone he'd grown to truly care for.

How did they do during Threadfall?
They've actually been quite lucky, and have escaped with no damage yet--this has done far too much for Rouleth's ego, and he's gradually growing to be insufferable.

How do they feel about Threadfall's return?
They have very different ideas of it, between the two of them--I'ar finds it horrifying, to say the least, but Rouleth sees it as a challenge. He has a purpose! Something to fight against that people won't get mad at him for! A way to prove himself! All of that combined means that Rouleth finds the prospect of fighting Thread very tantalizing, and he throws himself into every Threadfall with a violent enthusiasm that sometimes spooks even I'ar.
Speaking of which, I'ar is genuinely terrified of Thread. Although he's convinced himself that he'd be okay with just fading out of memory, the idea of dying, of being completely destroyed like that is--it's far, far worse than anything he'd imagined. He thought they were all free from Thread, even if the Weyr continued to prepare--they'd been safe for so long, and he's still trying to wrap his head around the thought that it wasn't a permanent fix. How are they supposed to fight against something that can come back after so many turns like it was nothing? Did they even really do anything in the first place, all those turns ago? There's a lot of questions and conflicting emotions, and I'ar isn't sure he'll ever be content with the answer he settles on.

Anything else? i'm really excited to see all the concepts everybody comes up with!! these clutches are Great and i'm super stoked about getting the opportunity to try for a derg from them ;; v;;

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:29 pm
[ edited 11/30 - fixed a busted sentence, slight bit added to metamoth]

I Got My Acceptance Letter!

Name: Keerim
Sex: Transwoman
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian.
Previous Rank/Craft: Farmer.
Physical Description:
Keerim is an eyecatching young woman with an athletic build that clearly shows the muscles of her previous profession. She stands at 5'10", with medium-length straw blonde hair she most often keeps tied up in a simple bun to keep out of the way. She's got strong, sharp-edged features and a somewhat long face, with high arching eyebrows over keen golden eyes--there's a few small scars flecked across her face, and the rest of her as well, from various mishaps in her youth, but she hasn't sustained any more significant damage yet. She always has some shade of a smile on her face, and she has something of a natural glow to her that only brightens when she's in the company of others.
Personality:
She's an outgoing, highly personable person who often decides that she's friends with someone before she even knows them. Keerim won't be so easily deterred by negativity or bristly personalities, and will go out of her way to make sure that everyone's getting the same amount of positive reinforcement and attention, as they very well deserve. They work better together as a group if they all get along with each other, or at the very least have the capacity to work together in the first place, and that takes time, effort, and somebody who isn't going to take an insult as an answer; Keerim fits that bill almost perfectly. She's practically a human ray of sunshine, and she's fiercely intent on keeping everything running as smoothly as possible. She'll intervene in fights or disagreements without being asked, which--needless to say, hasn't quite produced the results she'd like all the time. Still, her optimism insists that it's only a minor setback! She can work around it, or otherwise forge forward. Nothing's going to stop her if she keeps her nose to the grindstone!
Keerim keeps her dreams high, sometimes way out of reach, and isn't easily dissuaded from them. The fact that she's as persistent as a guard wher isn't always a good thing, considering the fact that she can sometimes latch on to a glitzy idea without knowing when to let it go--any failures along the way are still just brief problems, little things to be handled before she carries on her way to the scintillating future. Or at least--what she hopes is a bright future. Her cheerfulness seems to know no bounds, but she's not immune to faltering every now and again. She'll just beat herself up for it a bit before she gets back up.

Even though she tries to imply otherwise, Keerim does, in fact, have her limits. Although she does her best to project the image of a constantly-upbeat hardworking girl who doesn't consider anything at all to be a serious roadblock, she's just as capable of being knocked off-guard as anyone else, not to mention affected by more negative emotions--when things get to her, they get to her hard. She's naive, and wants to believe the best in everyone and everything; when reality proves otherwise, she takes it very personally, and while she'll quickly pick the pieces back up and resume acting as though nothing had ever happened, she's prone to nurse emotional damage for a while. She doubts herself far more than she lets on, and is constantly second-guessing her choices; she lived according to her family's rules for her entire life, and having to think for herself is a scary prospect that she isn't always convinced she can handle. What terrifies her the most is the notion that this whole dragonrider thing was just a massive mistake, and something truly terrible is going to happen to put her back in her place.

Positive Trait List: Cheery, loyal, determined, patient.
Negative Trait List: Uncertain, too much of a dreamer, overly idealistic, nosy.
History:
Keerim comes from a long line of farmers from High Reaches Hold, secure in their work and comfortable in their manner of living after so long of carrying on the family tradition. They were a respectable sort, honest and hardworking, and...bland. It wasn't that they were patently uninteresting, or exceptionally plain and simple, but they were content with what they did and where they were, which afforded little variation in their lives. Keerim, however, wasn't quite so convinced this life was for her--how could she know when she'd never done anything besides farm, after all? She'd already questioned plenty in her short life, deciding rather early on that who her family had initially thought she was wasn't truly her, and she saw little reason why she shouldn't take a bit of time to really think about what she wanted to do. She loved working on the farm, genuinely, but what if there was something better out there for her? Her family's strict rules didn't let her question it too much, at least--not out loud, but she still wondered from time to time, dreaming about what things would be like somewhere else.
The opportunity came when she was 17. A Searchrider making his rounds had gotten a gentle nudge from his Green, and he'd breezed by the family farm on her suggestion, just in time to catch Keerim and her father returning from a produce delivery to the Hold proper. Keerim was absolutely over the moon at the idea of being Searched, but her family...was far less enthusiastic. Even with the return of Thread making dragonriders needed again, they weren't particularly fond of them; after so many turns of seeing the weyr's population as a drain on their resources and crops, they had little love for them. Besides, Keerim was needed for the harvest--they would have to have every one of them around for that, and would she really leave her family on a whim to go off and try something like dragonriding?

Doubt gripped her. This was the chance she'd dreamed of so earnestly, dangling right here in front of her--and were it not for her family's displeasure at the idea, she wouldn't have hesitated in the slightest. Was it a crime to want to be something else? To--live a little differently, even just for a little while? That's all she wanted, truly--just a taste of the world, and then she'd be back home before the harvest. She'd return as soon as she'd been to one Hatching, as she kept on telling herself. She didn't think she'd Impress in a million years, but being able to experience that was worth it all the same. Besides, there was no harm in seeing what life was like somewhere else, especially somewhere like the Weyr; Pern needed farmers, of course, but it needed its dragonriders, too, and Keerim couldn't help but be curious about how they lived. She'd come back to the farm! Her family might consider it a betrayal, but she had to know what was out there.
For the first time, Keerim willingly left her family, promising them over and over that it wasn't permanent.

She never did come back. Metamoth ensured she wasn't leaving, and Keerim was secretly glad of it.

Keerim had never thought her life could change so suddenly--or at all, really. She'd been content with the thought of being a farmer like the rest of her family, but now she was here. Metamoth. Beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful Metamoth, in all her carefully-composed glory; she had the kind of grace that Keerim herself felt she lacked, and she couldn't quite grasp why Metamoth had chosen her. Compared to her, Keerim was a clumsy, boorish girl--and Metamoth would not allow those thoughts for long. If she was truly such a perfect dragon as Hers claimed, why would she choose someone unworthy? Keerim was by no means the person she thought herself to be. She was so much more than just a farm girl; all that potential was waiting to happen, hidden just below the surface, and Metamoth couldn't wait to see it unfold.
Other: Keerim is excellent with plants, and loves working with her hands. In her spare time, she's been known to whittle all kinds of little trinkets, which she most often winds up giving out as gifts.

DRAGON
Name: Metamoth
Origin of Name: From metamorphosis, which is. what polyjuice potion does to people!
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragon's theme to fit a different NPC slot? Y!
- - - - > If your theme type is a duplicate of another winning entry, would you also be okay with the dragon being a twin? Y!
Color: Green
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragons color/sex to fit a different NPC slot? Y!
Inspiration: Polyjuice Potion
Personality
Secretive, intelligent, and rather intimidating, Metamoth is a highly complicated dragon who isn't keen on letting others get a good bead on who she really is. She's a social chameleon, blending in wherever she's needed for as long as she's there before disappearing without another word--and she really is quite good at disappearing. She doesn't speak much, instead preferring to show her intentions through her actions rather than relying on something so fickle as words. She holds herself to incredibly high standards, and will constantly push herself to be better, better, the best at what she does. Metamoth is very proud of her skills, and any slights to her ego will be met rather harshly; conversely, flattery will get you plenty of points, but she's not so foolish as to let mere compliments cloud her judgment so easily. While she does think quite highly of herself, as she very well should, if you ask her, she's careful not to let her self-image grow too inflated. Knocking herself back down a peg or two is far more palatable than having someone else do it for her, and she doesn't stomach punishment very well at all. Her pride makes it difficult for her to see criticism, constructive or otherwise, as anything other than an insult--Keerim is doing her best to even out this tendency, but for all of Metamoth's ability to change, personal pride is the one thing she isn't letting go of.

She can see through lies quite easily, and prefers to judge others based on their deepest selves instead of the guises they use to carry themselves through life--as a result, she tends to wait quite a long time before making her final decision on whether or not someone is truly worth her time. She's got plenty of patience, but even for all her efforts, it's very easy to tell when it's running thin; her temper is not quite as measured as she would prefer it to be, and she's been known to meet even minor setbacks with plenty of venom simply because it was the last straw. She does her best to be highly tactical with her anger, as well as everything else, but still has a ways to go yet in learning how to moderate it properly instead of simply saying she has. She's no stranger to well-placed lies, and sees them as a necessary evil for navigating certain...unfortunate social situations without causing much backlash. Keep the waters calm, and it'll be smooth sailing. To do otherwise is simply asking for trouble, and Metamoth would much prefer to avoid all that nonsense.
Size: 28'
Physical Attributes: She's a distinctive dragon, and she absolutely knows it. Long, slender, and surprisingly powerful, Metamoth is a massive Green with all the sinuous grace of a panther. She's densely coiled muscle carefully hidden, just waiting for the right time to strike--at rest, she cuts an elegant figure, with a distinctive profile and exceptionally elegant wings kept tucked just so. Her beauty hides plenty of sharp edges, however, and she won't hesitate to show them, either.
Additional Notes: She has a particular tendency to thwap people with her tail. Whether or not it's truly justified is a mystery to everyone but her.

Why Me:
Metamoth knows what Keerim's feeling--she always has. The desire to be someone else, maybe someone better, or maybe just a more ideal version of yourself...it's not unusual, no, and she understands. While worrying about your own adequacy is, of course, understandable, there's certainly no place for it in Keerim's heart. Not as long as Metamoth breathes. In Keerim, she saw someone on the verge of such incredible change--someone who could really and truly become anyone they wanted, provided she had just the right support in the right place at the right time. Metamoth wants nothing more than to see Keerim achieve her goals and dreams, and will do anything to ensure they happen. They function as one more often than not, with Metamoth lurking somewhere nearby if she's able, or keeping a constant flow of communication back and forth between herself and her rider if not. There's a deep understanding between the two of them that often precludes words, and while Keerim herself doesn't completely grasp it yet, she knows what it means--she'll never have to doubt herself again. She has Metamoth in her corner now, and things will never be the same.

- - -
Keerim was a particularly helpful sort, going out of her way to aid her fellows in--well, genuinely, just about everything possible, whether it was particularly needed or not. In some cases, it was beneficial, but in others...not so much. She earned a bit of a reputation as a busybody, which she doesn't seem to mind too much, considering it hasn't stopped her from bending over backwards to ensure all the other weyrlings are able to be just as successful as they're hoping for.
Metamoth, however, preferred a much more understated approach than what Hers went for. She knew that Keerim wanted nothing more than to keep her classmates strong and well-bonded, but she also understood that sometimes, her angle was a bit too saccharine, a bit too heavy-handed. Quite often, Metamoth would slink by afterwards to do damage control, gently nudging things back into a more cohesive arrangement where possible.
They both performed well, although not particularly exceptionally. It's a learning process, of course, and they had much to take in.

It's a mixed bag, really--Keerim likes to think that they were all friends, or at the very least acquaintances, but Metamoth was far more aloof, hanging back to better surveil the situations Keerim got herself into. She was always on the lookout for any potential problems in order to head them off at the pass, hopefully handling things long before Keerim even noticed. Her distance, combined with her generally ominous nature, meant that Metamoth wasn't exactly popular, even if Keerim was. Sort of.

Keerim is all too used to strict everything, so really, it wasn't a problem for her to transition into weyrling life. She accepted it without much question, and didn't even think to wonder why things were like this--as far as she was concerned, not only was that for someone with a much higher rank to worry about, it wasn't her place to question. That, and surely all these harsh rules were there for a reason! They were going to be fighting Thread, after all, and they needed so much training to be sure they could do that capably. Lives were on the line, and if they weren't truly ready, the consequences were--awful.
Metamoth secretly was less than thrilled about such intensive restrictions, but stomached them without a lot of complaining. She's gotten frustrated plenty of times, sure, but what can she really do about it? They were there to learn, and if she went about doubting and challenging every single thing, they'd wind up knowing nothing, not to mention the fact that they likely would never graduate. What good would they be to anyone then? Being stuck as a weyrling forever sounded like pure hell, anyway.

How did they handle their fellow weyrlings' death during their first solo trips Between?
Metamoth kept her mourning to herself, saving her grief for a better time--not that there really ever would be, but at least she could keep it to somewhere private. Keerim couldn't believe such a thing had happened, even though she saw all the signs that Metamoth's hearts were breaking. They'd been warned so many times about the potential for death, but being told about it and having it actually happen were two very, very different things; to their credit, they were able to soldier on and finish the lesson, even if Keerim broke down the moment they landed back at High Reaches.
It shouldn't have happened like that. Keerim was nervous about going Between for weeks, constantly worrying about whether or not the cold crush of the void would send her panicking--the more she thought about what happened to K'ell, Cavera, and their dragons, the worse it got. Metamoth, for all her strongly-maintained distance to the others, was equally shaken; they had to take a few remedial lessons just to try and get over the feeling, much to Keerim's shame.

They've managed to get bloodied, but thankfully enough, it wasn't enough to cause any lasting damage or keep them grounded for very long. Keerim is especially glad for that.

It sure is a mess! And really bad for the farm! Not--not just the farm, though, everything else, too. Gosh, Keerim is just--so confused about all of that. She'd been terrified, and rightfully so, but they still had dragonriders to protect them, so it couldn't be that bad, right? And maybe once they 'earned their keep' by doing what they were supposed to do, her family might let up on them just a bit.
Now that she's a dragonrider, though--she hopes that maybe, just maybe, if she does a good enough job, her family might be proud of her instead of disappointed.
Metamoth truly doesn't have any strong feelings on Thread. She doesn't remember the world without it--she was shelled once it was already falling, and that's that. Her purpose is simple: destroy Thread. It's one she welcomes without much fuss, and is determined to be as good as possible at it. While protecting Keerim takes a higher spot on her list of priorities, she fully understands the magnitude of what she's supposed to do, and has no intentions of ever taking it lightly.

Anything else? i have accidentally fallen in love with keerim and metamoth. send help.

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:34 pm

Name: T’iel
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Open
Previous Rank/Craft: Journeyman Harper
Physical Description: Lean but well muscled, Teeliel stands at 6’3” tall with blond hair that is reminiscent of pale gold in the sunlight and violet eyes.
Personality: Upon first impressions, many would call Teeliel a polite young man. And he is that, manners and niceties matter a great deal to him. They are the foundation for all interactions in his opinion and should only be deviated from for good reasons. Generally good-natured, Teeliel finds most things agreeable or tolerable, even those people that are impolite.

This isn’t to say that he is a push over. Exactly the opposite. The man is strong willed and firm in his morals and ethics, he is just also willing to allow other people to be themselves. Those morals and ethics include kindness, understanding, tolerance, and dedication. Dedication includes both seeing a task through to completion and loyalty.

But Teeliel also is willing to experiment in the best way to get something done, to try new things, and basically enjoy life to the fullest. It is a fault that means he can be swayed to try almost anything. He can be opportunistic in his endeavors, if the chance arrises he will take it and make the most of the opportunity.
Positive Trait List polite, good-natured, dedicated
Negative Trait List Experimental, Opportunistic, Strong-willed
History: Born in Fort Hold to a harper/healer pair, Teeliel led a charmed life in many ways. He wanted for nothing materially growing up and only sometimes desired more of his parents’ time. He was well educated as a child and when he showed an aptitude for music was ushered into the Harper Hall by his father at the usual age.

Training at Harper Hall would have been idyllic but marred for the times he got in trouble due to taking dares and experimenting (and failing) at coming up with new ways of doing things that were already well figured out. He was a curious child that wanted to know why and how and what if. Something he hadn’t fully figured out how to integrate with the structure of a Hall.

But he did manage to walk the tables to become a Journeyman at the age of 21 due to his dedication and willingness to put in the time to make up for his mistakes and misguided attempts. He didn’t make it very far into his Journeyman time before he was stopped by a search rider that said he had the opportunity to get a dragon. A dragon! This was not something he could pass up and told himself if it didn’t work out he would move on.

It didn’t work out but he didn’t move on. The lure of the dragon was great but he also was determined to help Pern where he could and would not give up until he aged out. It was in his last year of being able to stand that he was rewarded for his patience and a blue came bounding up, fresh from his egg, and sat down at Teeliel’s feet. Teelielmine, why you are standing here when we should be feeding your Kuanoth? Simple and to the point. It was mid hatching already and Kuanoth was hungry. No time for dilly-dallying with the others when he knew who was his rider.

Other: Teeliel plays the mandolin and flute. He also writes songs, though sometimes he ties too hard and they can be…odd.

DRAGON
Name: Kuanoth
Origin of Name: Kuanos is the greek name for Azurite, a blue copper mineral produced by weathering of copper or deposits. Copper is the main ingredient in creating blue flames in pyrotechnic displays.
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragon's theme to fit a different NPC slot? N
- - - - > If your theme type is a duplicate of another winning entry, would you also be okay with the dragon being a twin? Y
Color: Blue
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragons color/sex to fit a different NPC slot? N
Inspiration: Bluebell Flames: The exact incantation of bluebell flames is unknown. It was used by Hermione to fight the Devil’s Snare in book one and a few other instances through out the series. Bluebell flames are a bright blue in appearance and are waterproof. The flames are not as dangerous as real fire and can be touched, penetrated, and held without burning the holder. The flames can singe cloth and plants. They are able to be directed to a desired location by the caster and return the the original location.
Personality Kuanoth is above all things loyal. He may have a temper and get annoyed, be impatient, or play tricks, but he loves deeply and will follow those he loves until the end of time. Those that prove themselves deserve only dedication and loyalty in return. He is is passionate in life, love, and enjoyment, with a quick temper. It is quick to ignite and quick to run out. Those flares of temper need to be managed by his rider as he is prone to trying to hurt the one that angered him. Though to be honest, he isn’t very good at that. More likely he will mildly irritate the other party with his attack.

The blue is found of thought exercises that deal with the why’s and what ifs of the world. He is nimble in his thoughts and likes to ask questions. This doesn’t mean he is patient. In fact the exact opposite is true. Kuanoth is very impatient. He wants to do things now, talk now, get answers now, and generally not have to wait on anything. His poor rider will have his hands full keeping this dragon still in lessons. Kuanoth is also mischievous and prone to play pranks, enjoying chaos maybe a little too much.
Size: 30’
Physical Attributes: Though large for a blue, Kuanoth is sleek and willowy.
Additional Notes: Kuanoth has a rather long flame. He will chase often as a young dragon, often going after other suitors if he thinks he is losing, but once he finds love he will be exclusive to that dragon.

Why Me: Hello Teeliel! Kind and able to balance the more temperamental aspects of Kuanoth, Teeliel is just the one that Kuanoth. But Teeliel is also willing to try new things with Kuanoth and explore. Both enjoy finding out how things work and will be able to have long conversations into the night about everything from the world to who is the better cook in the kitchens. Altogether Kuanoth knows he has found the perfect one that will keep life interesting for as long as they are together.

- - -
What were they like in weyrling training? The pair caused their fair share of trouble, especially Kuanoth. They both were dedicated to learning and improving themselves, just also loved to play.

How did they get along with their other weyrlings? Both of them were amiable with their fellow weyrlings and enjoyed spending time with them. They were prone to ask a lot of questions and generally be a little too curious about everyone else’s business.

How did they feel about weyrling training and the strict rules and lessons? Training was great as there was always something new to learn, but the strict rules chafed a little at Kuanoth and it took T’iel a lot of willpower to keep the pair dedicated to the lessons.

How did they handle their fellow weyrlings death during their first solo trips Between? Kuanoth grieved and still grieves. They both intellectually knew it was a possibility but at the same time, didn’t really understand what it meant until it happened. They miss the pairs. T’iel spent a lot of time with his fellow weyrlings after that just trying to remind himself that they weren’t all gone.

How did they do during Threadfall? They faired so-so. Not so bloodied that either were put in the infirmary but not with out their set of scars. Kuanoth’s left foreleg bears the worst of the scars. T’iel now understands why the Weyrs need so much leather.

How do they feel about Threadfall's return? It was startling to T’iel who had never believed something like that could happen. He is angry that what should have been a solution didn’t work and wants to help figure out how to make Thread truly gone. Kuanoth knew nothing else and believes that his job is to help all the people as best he can.

Anything else?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:56 pm

User ImageName: Li’ra (Liseran)
Sexual Orientation: ...
Rider Rank: Wingrider
Previous Rank/Craft: Weyrling/Apprentice Starcrafter
Physical Description: Standing at 5’10, Li’ra is not precisely dainty, but he’s certainly not the tallest among his fellows. He is the scion of a Bitran woman and a Southern Boll man, and inherited his mother’s violet eyes and his father’s pale blond hair. The latter is worn in an uneven chop, cropped and shaved quite close to the head in places and left longer in others. Well muscled and trim, Li’ra is aware of the figure he cuts… but seems not to care overly much about it. When he doesn’t paint his face, his eyelashes tend to get lost against his light skin. He has an intricate tattoo on the entirety of his back in an abstract, tribal design, and several small stars tattooed above his hip.

Personality: An arrogant little brat. Or so many have assumed - what is at first taken as arrogance is in fact painful shyness, and a tendency to not quite know what to say in a larger group. He was holdbred, to be sure, although due to his particular background he was never really prudish or prejudiced as some may think. It was comfortable and easy for him to fit into the Weyr when it came down to it, as he’s quite accustomed to women ruling the roost. Lady Zheria is no exception to his overall idea of a woman’s place in the world. It actually made him feel quite at home, when he’d previously felt a little adrift at Telgar. He was raised in Southern Boll Hold and only went to Telgar to pursue Starcrafting full time. He was a fish out of water, completely adrift in the larger world.

A very intelligent and quiet young man, Li’ra nevertheless possesses a passionate heart. What initially manifested as a search for knowledge later grew to be a thirst to prove himself to the Weyr. As a greenrider, he certainly does not possess the easy advantages of a metallic rider or brownrider, but he can be useful. It took awhile of watching and learning to realize that the best way to assist the Weyr, apart from as a pure Threadfighter, was to quietly and dividently pass along suggests to his ‘better’. Those in charge certainly had open ears, which was quite refreshing and unexpected. Not that he’s gotten far; he’s still too young and untried to really have much to contribute. It’s easier to fade into the background, especially when that’s more of what’s expected of him.

Fascinated by all that appears in the night’s sky, the young man is a night owl, and does perfectly well on limited sleep. However, he has come to learn that it’s unwise in the extreme to keep such hours. After all, that was one of the factors that contributed to the loss of at least one dearly beloved clutchsib for his precious Voloth. As practical as he can tend to be, Li’ra has a true love of the finer things in life. Namely because up until now he hasn’t really gotten much of a taste of them, but always saw others indulging in them. He has an envious streak, which he’s not overly proud of, and a tendency to hold and harbor grudges as ‘lessons’ to protect himself in the future.

There is a deeply hidden yearning place within Li’ra that has not yet been fulfilled. He once possessed a core of untouchable sadness and loneliness that was finally smoothed away by his Impression to sweet Voloth, for she was and is the best and truest friend anyone might ever wish for. Yet the sense of longing has never entirely faded. For what does he yearn? If only he knew. Perhaps for love, or success, or… or… discovery. Something shining and brilliant that he could find if only he looked far enough, hard enough. He just doesn’t know. But he’s had that sense of unfulfilled desire for as long as he can remember.

Positive Trait List Bright, determined, passionate, dutiful
Negative Trait List Shy, envious, complacent, yearning

History: Born and raised in his father’s native Southern Boll Hold, Liseran was as happy a quiet as one might hope for. His mother was a strong and successful woman, an entertainer from Bitra seeking to make her fortune. Upon arriving in Southern Boll, however, Lisara decided that she liked the place enough to put down roots… especially after meeting a handsome bartender by the name of Eren. The two opened a tavern together - part stage show, part mead hall, all entertainment. Several deliriously happy Turns later, the couple were married… and with children on the way! First Nisa and then Leren were born, followed by little Liseran. His older siblings were loud and in charge, much like their mother before them. Liseran was, not to put too fine a point on it, nothing of the kind.

Although he was the wallflower of the group, Liseran didn’t mind… even when they were joined by Rena and Eresa, and Niran. It just meant that he could more easily fade into the background, where he much preferred to be. Everything he owned was either secondhand or of cheap make, due to the sheer number of children his affectionate parents had managed to produce. He could not help noticing that the older children and the younger ones always seemed to have new things - probably because Nisa and Leren were the first, and therefore needed different sizes than any of the rest, and because everything was terribly worn by the time it got to Niran. All the same, he was admittedly a bit jealous, the overlooked child who was by no means unloved by his parents. It was just a lot to run the family business and take care of six (soon to be seven) children. Besides which, Liseran was more than capable of taking care of himself.

Surrounded by playmates and yet socially awkward, Liseran found ways of entertaining himself. He was the middle child, and even Rena was two Turns younger than him, and closer with the youngest set. The boy very much enjoyed watching the stars in the night’s sky, the very time when he could be alone. Apart from the snores of his family, which he could escape by climbing onto the rooftop, it was a peaceful time. Staring up at the sky he could pretend that he was a part of that great immense thing, the cosmic dance that played out in beautiful sequence before his very eyes. True, the stars moved slowly, but there were other things in the sky - planets, moons, and… something very sinister indeed. For there was always something a bit alarming about the Red Star, no matter what the old tales said.

Throughout his childhood the Red Star had been slowly approaching Pern, and although he’d taken note of it, he hadn’t fully understood the import of that return. When his interest in stars had him (tenderly) shipped off to Telgar and the Starcraft Hall, he began to learn a little more. What he did learn alarmed him greatly - yet every record regarding the interstellar intruder suggested it had been somehow nullified. Why, indeed, should he be frightened? It was only an old wive’s tale, something that no one really believed. That was… until he was Searched by a rider from High Reaches Weyr. When he arrived at High Reaches, he quickly learned that some people believed that Thread would return.

And so it did, to devastating effect. Ashen, certain that somehow he, a rank apprentice, could have done something to prevent the sheer unmitigated destruction faced by all of Pern, Li’ra was consumed by terrible guilt. Some might say survivor’s guilt… for that happy, jolly family back in Southern Boll was not destroyed by Threadfall, but the tavern was. His parents’ dreams would come to nothing, and he would receive frantic letters begging for some sort of assistance. So it was that Li’ra’s family became refugees, like so many others, and ultimately would end up in High Reaches Hold. Nearby, yet out of reach unless on rest days and during Gathers. … And it wasn’t the same, not ever again.

Until one beautiful, terrible day. It would be the best and the worst day in Liseran’s young life. For he would see firsthand the horrible cruelty of young hatchling dragons, and also meet the most wonderful dragon in all of Pern. When little Aureliath sang her heartbreaking final song, the newly minted Li’ra was clinging onto his still damp dragon… and the pain of her loss was almost too much for Voloth to bear. Keening her despair for all to hear, Voloth threw herself fully into her dear Li’ra, and he was, for the first time in his life, the strong shoulder which she cried upon. Something in him melted and cracked all at once, the emotions he’d been holding back flowing forth in great measure.

This precious being, his Voloth, needed him… and he would do anything, anything at all, to protect her and keep her safe.

Other: Firelizards TBD … once I look at my kids, if he does exist. Li’ra has a few starcrafting tools that he keeps in excellent repair and takes out to gaze with Voloth from time to time.

DRAGON
Name: Voloth
Origin of Name: One of several Latin words meaning desire, Volo refers to a want, a wish, or a dream - from the Mirror of Erised. Also meaning to fly! Which Voloth does quite often!
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragon's theme to fit a different NPC slot? Y
- - - - > If your theme type is a duplicate of another winning entry, would you also be okay with the dragon being a twin? Y
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragons color/sex to fit a different NPC slot? Y
Inspiration: The Mirror of Erised

The Mirror of Erised is a magical mirror, which, according to Albus Dumbledore, shows the "deepest, most desperate desire of our hearts." The name "Erised" is "desire" spelled backwards, as if reflected in a mirror. The happiest and most satisfied person in the world would look in the mirror and see a reflection of them, exactly as they were, for they would then have no one and nothing more to yearn or desire for that the mirror could ever show them. But of course, it is intrinsically inherent for human nature to desire something greater than one's own self - meaning that an event wherein the mirror fails to carry out its intended purpose rarely, if at all, happens.

The writing engraved on the frame of the mirror is supposedly in a foreign and probably dead language, but if you look closely it says "I show not your face but your heart's desire" backwards, with the spaces rearranged. Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.

Personality There is almost limitless love within this green, although whether she is giving her true hearts or merely showing another what they most wish to see is another question entirely. Voloth has deep desires, and does not share them with many. Outwardly, she’s a bit of a chameleon, never entirely letting others see the vulnerable creature hiding beneath whatever mask she might be wearing at any given time. She does have a very clear personality, it’s just that she doesn’t think it’s very important for anyone to know who she is. Why not let them see in her what they want to see, when it seems to suit them so much better? After all, if she were to open up and show them her true self, they might reject her. As a dragon, she cannot completely hide herself from her clutchmates and Wingmates, but she can put greater emphasis on one aspect than another.

Deep in her hidden hearts, she is a brittle creature who might break if those closest to her aren’t careful of her tender feelings. There is a great danger in giving too much, and placing too much importance on others than on herself. She is very proud, and very wise… but also lacking in self-reflection. Her rider will have to temper her when she tries to push herself beyond her own means. Voloth wants so badly, so desperately to be everything to everyone, and it’s just not possible. She cannot help herself, yet it must be helped. Some of this tendency has been built around a seed of hurt and pain that was sewn during her Hatching. Her own brother Cadereth killed their sweet cousin, and Voloth will never be able to know her the way she wanted to. Any loss of family would have been taken hard, as those reservoirs of love run deep.

None of that is to say that Voloth isn’t strong. She is a fighting Green to her core, and filled with pride in herself and her family, a High Reaches green of good lineage. Her pride in her Weyr is immense, and gives her a greater fortitude and perseverance than she might otherwise have had. They are worth fighting for, and she will defend Pern with every fiber of her being. Even if that should cost her her life. … Needless to say, Voloth can have a tendency to wax dramatic over things, much to her rider’s frustration. Thankfully, she doesn’t linger too long in deep melancholy, for all that she feels keenly. Every tragedy must be felt, every triumph must be turned over and over in her mind until she thinks she knows how to repeat it.

Size: 18’
Physical Attributes: A small, delicate Green with a very fine and lovely build. Voloth has largeish wings and an overall pleasing appearance. Well muscled but sleek, she plainly enjoys flying quite a bit, with every evidence shown in her form. Built for speed and sudden turns, but not at all for stamina. Voloth has a rather weak constitution which can get her into trouble if she’s not careful.
Additional Notes: Although Voloth would happily accept any lover, she has a marked preference for blues. To her dismay, it hasn’t been clear that any of her blue clutchsibs have returned said admiration. Her Flights will likely be short and full of twists and turns. She likes to tease, but does not have the deft skill of some of her sisters in that regard.

Why Me: In Li’ra, Voloth has found a true partner, along with someone who truly needed her. As much as Li’ra needs Voloth, he is also needed by her, and he revels in that knowledge. In his own quiet way, Li’ra is her rock… and he has quite a bit of experience looking into depths and seeing worth within. Seeing her for who she is, loving her for who she is, is the greatest gift that Li’ra can offer Voloth. When she is weak, he is strong. When he is sad, she finds ways to jolly him up. They are the best and dearest of friends, and their match is a true partnership. For indeed, they have each found what they most desperately needed: endless devotion and the most profound and deep respect.

- - -
What were they like in weyrling training? Although neither dragon nor rider had a tendency to cause trouble, Voloth from time to time pushed herself beyond her limits. … Okay, maybe less time to time and more … as often as possible until Li’ra was sat firmly down and explained just how dangerous that behavior was. Even so, for all that he was able to bring her to heel, Li’ra has found himself occasionally caught up in the need to do better than their best. This has led to a few unpleasant situations.

How did they get along with their other weyrlings? A quiet boy to be sure, Li’ra would have nevertheless tried to befriend his fellow weyrlings, however painfully. Especially since Volloth dearly loves each and every one of her siblings and cousins, and would have gone to great lengths to try to make them happy.

How did they feel about weyrling training and the strict rules and lessons? Li’ra thrived under strict leadership, and enjoyed his lessons thoroughly. While Voloth may have chafed at restrictions, she certainly had no desire to make a fool of herself or her rider, and would certainly have done her best to follow them all the same.

How did they handle their fellow weyrlings death during their first solo trips Between? It completely devastated them both, and threw them for a loop. It was their first taste of the true nature of being dragon and rider. Voloth was not the same for months after, and still deeply mourns their passing. It hurt her tender hearts incredibly to lose them, especially after the loss of Aureliath in the early days.

How did they do during Threadfall? Moderately well. They have both suffered from minor threadscore… but Voloth spent some time recovering from a strained wing that was completely preventable, if only she could learn her limits. They are working on that.

How do they feel about Threadfall's return? Li’ra thought he should have somehow known that it was coming back, and blames himself far more than is reasonable that he didn’t prevent it from coming back. That doesn’t even make sense and he knows it, but… there you are. Voloth believes that it is her true calling to fight Thread, and is eager to destroy their ancient enemy. Perhaps a bit too eager.

Anything else? Given the ups and downs of the weyrling romances, Voloth probably has had her hearts broken a few time. I am open to any volunteers for the occasion. Not to mention it was basically tantamount to torture to watch her siblings go through similar.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:02 pm

Name: J'emi (Formerly Jemisaive)
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Previous Rank/Craft: Harper
Physical Description: Not especially tall, J'emi is slender and dark skinned even when he's not out in the sun, making his naturally light blond hair and so pale as to be yellow brown eyes startling against his darker features. To soften this effect, he dyes a part of his hair dark brown, not wanting to hide entirely the side of him that comes from his blonde mother. With the length of it and how he dyes it paired up with his slender frame, there are times that he can be mistaken for female and he's never once cared, simply shrugging it off with the wave of a hand.

To his credit, he dresses as one might think a rider would, always in something practical, but he adds embellishments here and there for himself and doesn't shy away from wearing as much jewelry as he wants. It's his vanity, but he enjoys wearing his best when he can and his marks prior to becoming a Candidate were spent on shiny things.
Personality: Above all else, beyond his terrible propensity for being vain about his appearance and dirt and everything else around him and how he can be a bit cold towards those he meets before getting to know them well, J'emi is a creative soul. It bursts out of him in songs and poems, in what he writes and reads. While he won't go spouting poetry off the cuff to random strangers, those closest to him will be able to all but feel the imagination glowing out of him. But it's not just with his love of all things written and sung, it's also in how he interacts with his world, thinking of different ways to do things and how to spend his time, when it's free at least. If rules were a box he tends to run right past them, needing to be curtailed just a tiny bit so he doesn't run off wild, but he hates being constrained. In fact he'll get full on defensive about it and lock horns briefly with those that do before shrugging it off and going to do as he's told. He's a bit anxious of criticism and this is what brings it out, being told that he's doing something poorly or what he should or shouldn't do gets under his skin, but J'emi certainly doesn't want others to know that and bristles in response, thereby making the whole situation worse.

Keeping others at an arm's reach is the key to him not needing to be overly defensive or get himself into such terrible situations, especially with people that he doesn't know. It isn't shyness that makes him standoffish, it's the desire to not be left or held back, to not argue with anyone. It's quite a bit easier to push those he doesn't trust quite yet away and not let them get close in the first place than it is to become friends or better with an individual and have them leave or just start ignoring him. Call it a throwback to his past in another Weyr, but it has followed him. That's not to say he can't be forgiving with people, in fact he's extremely forgiving given how he is and tends to be the first to apologize in any situation he's placed in. It doesn't matter what was done to him in the past or present or what might happen to him in the future with an individual, all that matters to him is that the air is clear and everyone is at ease with the situation. J'emi would never enjoy leaving someone upset or angry unless he can help it.

In reality he's not so very vain that he would ever turn up his nose to others, his particular brand of vanity stems more towards his appearance than his personality or who he is as a person. Having grown up in a creche for much of his early life, J'emi isn't under any illusions as to who he is and where he fits in the hierarchy of the world, never has been. But that doesn't mean that he can't view himself in a good light or try and make himself look his best, or flaunt it a tiny bit when feasts and celebrations arise. That's what they're for after all! It's all in how smart he is that despite his worst he can still worm his way out of it and appear his best. For he is vastly intelligent but often keeps it to himself unless a situation arises that requires him to show it off, even then he's a bit hesitant with it. This could be because J'emi wants to use that intelligence for his own devices, to power his creativity and his fortitude when doing things that interest him.

Positive Trait List Intelligent, Forgiving, Creative
Negative Trait List Standoffish, Vain, Defensive

History: Son of a, then Candidate, now dragon rider from Western Weyr, Jemisaive didn’t get to know his mother long before being placed in the creche. Not even more than a few days really, but this was the life that he was born into and the only one that he knew for many turns. The creche wasn’t that bad of a place to grow up with other weyrbrats his own age and even older, there was nothing that felt especially claustrophobic about it and if anything he was given the opportunity to do what he pleased, within reason. But others would always have their parents stop by, or be adopted out to others, leaving him with a small bit of resentment for the woman that he knew was his mother. In his younger years it presented itself as an aloofness that lingered before melding into something just a bit softer and gentler. Of course she stopped by from time to time to visit him but it wasn’t the ‘family’ that he saw others have and he wished somewhere deep down inside that he had it as well. By the time he was seven turns he had that opportunity but turned it down.

It wasn’t that he didn’t love his mother but he didn’t know how to act around her or with her so Jemisaive simply watched as his mother raised his younger half sister with curious eyes for a few turns. When he wasn’t being curious of how other families worked in their interactions he was watching dragons and listening to harpers, trying to come up with his own songs about dragons that might impress some of the men and women that came through the Weyr day to day. Creativity flourished in his mind and in his writings until he finally approached his mother with a request, wanting to go to Fort Hold where the Harper’s Hall was located. He wanted to write and sing and recite poems, learn from the masters there in Fort how it was done and hone his craft to the best he could be. Lucky for him, his mother was more than happy to take him there, dropping him off and keeping an eye on him with visits from time to time while he was studying there.

And oh did he ever learn. There was so much history and so many things to experience, of course he wanted to write and create poetry, but he also learned to sing during his time there, or at least better than he ever had before. While he wasn’t super talented at letting others close, he did develop a few friendships there that lasted, with like minded individuals that drew him in close and for once didn’t abandon him. For it was his turn to do the abandoning for once, when a dragon and its rider approached him during his free time. Being only fifteen turns he hadn’t paid attention to the fact that he could stand, always thinking that dragons were behind him.

Of course he accepted, having grown up around them and knowing full well that there were still harpers in the Weyrs. In fact he was curious to see what types of harpers High Reaches had, knowing he’d meet a few. Having come from a Weyr before as a weyrbrat, it was quite different being Searched and learning in a totally different one. The climate and mountainous differences aside, it wasn’t quite as progressive as he was used to but the place itself was mostly the same. Dragons and Riders and Candidates and suddenly… Thread. Jemisaive got to see first hand what threadfighting dragons were meant to do within the first few months he was at High Reaches and was glad to be in the most prepared Weyr of them all when he saw what was happening. The devastation wrought. Fearing for his mother he sent a message her way, but heard nothing back at first as the spores rained down across all of Pern.

Once word did come from his mother, able to breathe just a bit easier, Jemisaive threw himself into learning what he could in this new Pern full of danger and stood every opportunity he could until he finally heard her voice. The only voice he ever cared to have ring in his head, as he was sure other riders felt when they first heard their own dragons talk to them. Ah, there was where you were hiding JemisaiveMine. Don’t worry about what’s happened, it’s the future that matters now and all of that is in your past. Come with your Leucath. Having not been hiding and only a small bit worried about the other dragons on the sands that had ripped into his fellow Candidates and even killed one, J’emi blinked owlishly in confusion down at the smallest little green dragon that had somehow covered herself head knobs to tail tips in sand. I’m not sure how it happened either, it just sticks. His heart stuck in his throat just seeing Leucath shake herself off and offer him a smile full of rainbows and love.

It was only the beginning for them as they walked off the sands towards a future flying in the sky to burn away Thread. Along their way they bonded and learned, found friends and lost wingmates before they were even a full-blown wing. It was one lesson that they held onto knowing there would be more to come.
Other:

DRAGON
Name: Leucath
Origin of Name: The Leaky Cauldron was built by Daisy Dodderidge in an a very successful attempt to form a gateway between the Wizarding and Muggle worlds. Leucath's name comes from the binomial nomenclature Leucanthemum vulgare, for the Ox-Eye Daisy common in Europe.
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragon's theme to fit a different NPC slot? Yes
- - - - > If your theme type is a duplicate of another winning entry, would you also be okay with the dragon being a twin? Yes
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragons color/sex to fit a different NPC slot? Yes
Inspiration: Famous in the Wizarding World as the first pub built in london The Leaky Cauldron is entered off Charing Cross Road and was the entrance to both Diagon and Knockturn Alleys. While it's dingy and small it is always viewed as welcoming and serves as a good place for wizards to unwind after work. It's also famous for it's luncheons.
Personality Warmth seems to radiate in the air around Leucath’s small form, beckoning all those around her to come close and even lean on her should they need to. In fact she would love for them to do just that, to the little green it’s only the polite thing to do when others need assistance or a place to relax. She’d welcome all of High Reaches onto her ledge to relax and unwind, always having a bit of a story to tell them helps as well. Of course she makes it a point to never tell gossip that would hurt another dragon or human’s feelings, if she can help it, Leucath is a terrible gossip about things going on in the Weyr. If she could she’d be in the center of all of it, but since she can’t she gladly swaps back and forth with others when catching up and if she could she’d allow the whole Weyr to come to her ledge or talk to her wherever they might be.

Therein lies her problem with all the gossip that she hears, Leucath can be a touch indiscreet with things that others relay to her if they haven’t told her it was a secret. It’s not that she means to spill any beans, be they negative or positive or otherwise even boring, it’s just that she hears so many things and tells so many others gossip and stories that she doesn’t know when to stop and it simply… leaks right out of her? She’ll apologize to the moons and back to the one offended and while she doesn’t promise that it’ll never happen again she certainly does her best when she can help it. In truth if one tells her a secret she’s an iron box of silence in regards to it, for she holds secrets about herself back from others as best she can as well, secrets about her rider and all those she loves. Not everyone gets to know what she’s up to or what’s going on with her and those that do are lucky indeed, for that means they’re the closest to her hearts.

Should one be close to her they’ll always know that they have someone at their back, a steady force of comfort and relaxed ease that somehow always manages to be one of the hardest workers around. Though she is incredibly relaxed in her life, in her own skin and around others, she doesn’t allow herself to become so relaxed that she’s a slacker. No, no, no, Leucath is determined and will see a job through until the very end regardless of what it is. She knows full well that threadfall started again and it was what she was born to fight, never wanting to deviate away from that path in life, so she does all she can to live up to her existence. The green knows her place and that’s what matters in her life, it’s the reason she’s so laid-back about everything with others and the reason why if one is close to her they’ll know she’ll stop at nothing to keep them safe or get them what they want.
Positive: Welcoming, Comfortable, Steadfast
Negative: Gossipy, Secretive, Indiscreet
Size: 20'
Physical Attributes: A small and tightly compact sort of dragon, Leucath does possess some curves where it counts and doesn’t run heavy despite how tight everything seems to be on her. That’s all just muscle! Her wings seem to match that compact feel of her just right and while she might not ever be able to carry more than a few, she’s got strength in spades despite her appearance, for a short time at least.

Somehow she always winds up covered in some sort of dirt or sand or anything that one might consider gross. No Leucath doesn’t at all remember rolling in it, it just happened this way! It dulls the color of her hide and as a growing dragon she’ll need as many baths and oilings as she can get to keep from damaging her growing hide.
Additional Notes: Soft things, oh all the soft things. Her rider might find they need to throw a few blankets and pillows out onto her ledge lest Leucath slowly steal them all from both his and others weyrs to make a hoard. Like sleeping on a cloud! She’ll be certain to offer them, as any good hostess would, to those that come and visit but they are all hers

Because of her muscle or maybe just how hardheadedly stubborn she is about finishing a task or duty, the little green has stamina in droves and pushes it just a bit too hard if not watched. During threadfall she’ll last and last, needing reminded to come down so she doesn’t overdo it too badly, and during flights she’ll sail into the sky until her wings literally will not continue to beat.

Why Me: Oh there was a perfect heart locked away inside her J’emi that all of Pern deserved to see and with her welcoming and relaxed manner Leucath knew that he needed her and only her! She’ll keep his secrets for him while also pushing him to become part of the community within the Weyr they both call home, for neither of them is going anywhere and everyone better know that. Yes she’s gossipy and loves to listen to a good yarn whether it be true or not, but she knows J’emi will forgive her every time for her indiscretions in life and work with her to make it up to the one who bore the brunt. Though the only thing he might never forgive her for is how dirty she gets, but with his willingness to clean her always at the forefront, neither will have to worry about it too much. Together they’ll make a wonderfully functioning little team as Leucath’s warmth will melt some of the standoffish behavior J’emi has, making up for all those turns he questioned and watched other families that were together. She’ll become his home and his family and should it get bigger in the future is entirely up to them, but now the whole Weyr is theirs and she’ll invite it inside every time.

- - -
A comical mixup of tow-the-line and thinking outside the box, neither really made any waves per say but they never went into it wanting to. Leucath’s goal was to learn and J’emi knew how a dragonrider was supposed to act after being raised in a different Weyr. One person singing off key makes for a terrible song and both were determined not to be the ones off key during their training if they could help it, always willing to ask for directions if they were making a mess of something.

Oh yes all the friends for Leucath thank you, she was most likely a bit of an obnoxious force amongst her fellow weyrlings as they were the first group of friends she would ever make. It was the height of joy for her that she got to be so close every day and chatter in their downtime, even those that would simply brush her off she just loves to be around. J’emi took some time to warm up and with his outlook on life and general need to keep those that he doesn’t know at an arm’s reach only acquired a handful of possible friends even if he wasn’t anything but politely disinterested in all the others. That’s not to mean he ignored them or any of their ideas and needs, but few got close enough to know the real him, despite Leucath’s best efforts to drag him into being social.

J’emi, par for the course, did not at all enjoy being put inside a box with no way to deviate and experiment with his training. However he didn’t make a fuss or throw a fit, he was just a bit more quiet and careful than normal, not wanting to be an issue on the heels of what happened during the Hatching. Little green Leucath on the other hand just stuck her head knobs down and put in all the effort one would expect to find. Never once having an issue with it being strict or, laughably as she heard others complain, hard.

How did they handle their fellow weyrlings death during their first solo trips Between?
It was always a possibility that both knew about and had been trained could happen, but both had checked their coordinates repeatedly and focused only on jumping until they landed back in the Bowl, met with terrible news. Leucath had been keening before even arriving, heartbroken at losing such beautiful hearts before they were even old enough to show all of Pern what they were about. Aviforth, being the most chattery and open with his adorable bonded hurt her the worst, being a direct clutch sibling, but Eskharath’s wonderfully ambitious and scheming mind being snuffed so quickly before any plan came to fruition was a horrendous loss as well. J’emi was stunned into numbness at not even being able to see them again, not being able to say goodbye even if they hadn’t been close. One minute he could have reached out and touched them and after jumping a few places they suddenly were ghosts that his mind couldn’t wrap around. It made the pair both uneasy and extra careful for quite a few weeks, always seeing the faces in the back of their minds or hearing voices that weren’t there anymore just as they were preparing to Between, making them extra cautious.

Somehow, quite unexpectedly, they managed to make it out with only a few small threadscores and some ash burn on Leucath’s face and chest from small falters and mistakes. J’emi managed to make quite a few careful tosses of firestone to riders that needed it and felt a little more cautiously confident than when the pair first started.

High Reaches was ready for it, though coming from Western Weyr in the first place J’emi hadn’t been entirely convinced of its return until it fell devastatingly from the sky. He’s since buckled down knowing that this is the Pern that he lives on now and wanted more to protect it than ever before. Though he’d grown up a weyrbrat from Western’s creche he was Searched to a totally different Weyr and did his best to abide by their rules despite wanting to deviate with different thoughts on color hierarchy. Leucath tamed those deviating thoughts when she came along, assuring him they were right where they belonged in their place as a greenriding pair and that they were essential to help Pern. He’d always known where he belonged in the scheme of things and it only helped to reaffirm that. They face thread with a healthy dollop of fear on top of a burning desire to do what they must to keep those who don’t ride flaming dragons safe.

Anything else? I couldn’t stop myself, the idea was just too funny and cute. Thanks for the opportunity! <33

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:09 pm

Name: L'mon (Lucemon; do not call him Lucy)
Sex: Trans-male
Sexual Orientation: Eh
Previous Rank/Craft: Miner (Nabol slave) -> Weyr Kitchen Staff
Physical Description: Lucemon has always had a curvy and thick figure, making him feel a lot like a bull in a china shop wherever he goes, though Impression has lessened it; now he's stacked and stocky. At least he's a little short, so not everything is in danger. Despite seeming clunky in every other aspect of his life, Lucemon's hands are quite dexterous as evidence by the efficiency he cuts and measures food. He doesn't enjoy smiling as he's self-conscious of the small gap between his front teeth and the lisp it's given him. Dark haired and cropped short in an almost military-style fashion to better suit his job (first in the kitchen, now as a rider), olive skinned and freckled around his cheeks. Has some old marks and discoloration from previous work in Nabol he tries not to think about; he was actually happy to get Threadscore to cover one of them.
Personality: L'mon has always struggled with his sense of self-worth and self-identity, and though his green has eased a lot of his old issues, he still second guesses more than he should. Of servile nature, he prefers to defer to other people on what to do and following their instructions to a T. He has some problems understanding nuance and social cues, and his literal interpretations can lead to misunderstandings, which means more self-doubt and loathing. Much like his Isharath, L'mon's heart is big and full of emotion, but he's much better at restraining it and keeping cool. He doesn't want to rock the boat and just wants things to remain shipshape.

At the same time, his temper is much more explosive when he does lose control. When L'mon lets himself get angry, it's an uncontrollable thing. Isharath has made leaps and bounds with helping him heal, but abuse is a hard thing to overcome, and meeting violence with violence is sometimes just easier to give into than just taking it. L'mon may, if pushed into a corner, lash out with surprising strength - physically, that is. In the past he's broken his own bones alongside others', and the shame of how he feels when doing it has made him try to suppress that side of himself entirely. It's not a healthy solution, but it's the one he's been running with for a while now. The impulse has cropped up more, however, now that he has people he considers friendly - and therefore in need of watching over; Isharath's own need to step up for others doesn't help.

A simple man, L'mon knew the life of the kitchen far longer than anything else in his life and values order and trust among the staff - well, the weyrlings-turned-riders now, as well as their wingmates and wingleaders - when it comes to tackling a job. He has something of a blind faith in others in units like that: after all, being graduated means they'll watch out for him, right? and the others being experienced in the wing means they always know what they're doing, right? He believes in the best in everyone even when he has cause not to, because he was given a second and third chance himself; therefore, he tries to do the same in kind, knowing how powerful someone else's kindness can be. His empathy for others runs deep even if he has trouble expressing it.

Fear is really L'mon's biggest issue, followed by self-deprecation. He's a bit of a downer to be around, honestly, because when he does speak, it's usually to denigrate himself, or complain about something he did wrong. But those negative moments are rare because he's much too wound up to even think of confiding in anyone other than his dragon. His social anxiety, while no longer through the roof, is still enough of an obstacle for him to want to avoid it whenever possible. How many other people have to stop, process what's being said, decide the tone it's being said in, take in the person's expression and body language, decipher those, and then go through the laborious process of creating an appropriate response without lisping through it so badly, all at the speed of a walking, egg-filled gold? Much easier to just nod, grunt, and get to work again.

What few friends he does gain, while always at risk in his mind of being fed up with him, are L'mon's treasures. He would drop everything if asked for help; it's one of the few instances where the man doesn't second guess himself, because the focus is on someone else. L'mon frames his relationships at an imbalance: friends and acquaintances must be "paid back" for associating with him, and so he tails them in his free time in the hopes of being able to take some of their burdens away. Lingering as he does, it's easy to see him as a stray animal or an annoyance, though by the time you've become friend status it's already too late to convince him that it's okay to be left alone. After all, if "shooed away" as he feels he might, L'mon always returns just to make sure.
Positive Trait List quiet, empathetic, hard working, patient
Negative Trait List negative, anxious, repressed, needy
History: Lucemon was born from the union between a desperate and drunk young man and a courtesan and almost knew the darkness of the mines more than he did the light of day. His concerns stretched more towards his fellow wage-slaves, however, and he found himself helping others with their work more than his own: it was a mutually beneficial relationship that others took advantage of, while Lucemon thought he was gaining friends. He wanted to believe they were banding together down there, and even when nothing substantial came of it beyond being called by name, he thought it was good enough. His father wasn't a strong presence, and his mother had no business with him; she had wanted a daughter to groom and hadn't looked twice when her efforts failed and Lucemon had meekly stated he felt masculine. That was one of the few nice things about being in the mines: nobody gave a rat's a** what was in your pants so long as you worked.

As his world slowly grew in detail, he became more interested in the architecture side of things and attempted to learn from the wher handlers that acted as their guardians and people about the area about how they kept the mines from collapsing and such. While it wasn't a formal education, and the handlers weren't exactly professors or willing talkers, Lucemon slowly accrued information that he hoped might help his fellow miners from any structural problems in the future. He took it upon himself to try and learn about how to reinforce weak spots, what to do during seismic activity, and so on, though he never got a chance to really apply his haphazard knowledge in Nabol. At around 14 turns, his father - now a dragonrider, apparently - returned to take him back to the weyr out of...well, Lucemon wasn't sure what. Guilt? Maybe? Where and how his father got the means and money to do so, Lucemon didn't ask. He was torn between being dazzled by the prospect of leaving and guilt for leaving his "friends" behind, but in the end he listened to his father because bowing his head to others was instinctual, an a part of him hoped that by obeying, he might begin to repair their relatiomship.

For 10 turns after that, Lucemon served mainly with the kitchen staff at High Reaches. He occasionally tried to reach out for resources into construction, but he was mostly grateful for the opportunity to be out of Nabol and with his father - even though yet again the man went mostly absent from Lucemon's life. He was happy to work for a greater cause nonetheless, even in small ways. Of course, then Isharath barrelled into his life and told him he was destined for much greater things than that, and to seriously stop beating himself up so much - and how could he say no to that face?
Other: Isharath's Impression influenced more than his old emotional scars: L'mon is more graceful than he's ever been before, despite still carrying himself with old caution at times. It's incongruous and sometimes frankly strange to see a boxy young man like him move so fluidly.

L'mon as a child had a bad experience in which someone's firelizard got tangled in his hair and caused a scene full of screams and bites and scratches. This is one of several reasons why he keeps his hair short and also the source for his general uneasiness around them. They seem...twitchy and beady eyed, and he's just rather not.

DRAGON
Name: Isharath
Origin of Name: La Esmeralda, the Romani protagonist in Victor Hugo's famous novel Notre-Dame de Paris, is French for "the emerald." Emeralds were worshiped by the ancient Incas, and the Chaldeans believed a goddess was housed within them. The Phoenicians even devoted the stone to the Assyro-Babylonian goddess of fertility, love, storms, and war, Ishtar, whom was also considered to be the most important mother goddess of Mesopotamia. Ishara is one of her many names/a different way to spell her name.
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragon's theme to fit a different NPC slot? Y
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragons color/sex to fit a different NPC slot? Y
Inspiration: "God Help the Outcasts" - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Personality A quick look at Isharath shows you a minxy green that enjoys to flirt and be entertained and looked upon - and that is exactly what she wants you to see. It's very easy to put on the trope of "rogueishly beautiful dancer", and she can take advantage of gawkers by applying juuuust the right pressure. Isharath understands that sometimes a little manipulation is in order to have a good life, and she doesn't feel particularly guilty about a few crocodile tears or a white lie if it means a good outcome in the end. Males in particular are a favorite target of her tricks, though she's not blind to the greens or golds. Her approachable and casual manner isn't an act, however; Isharath genuinely likes to be among the throng whenever she can, even if she's not the center of it, and she can occasionally suffer when accused of just being nice to get something.

It would be a crime to say she's selfish, however; far from it. Isharath is at her most fiery when it comes to aiding other people and dragons: especially the downtrodden or forgotten. The gloves come off and the tittering flirt act drops once she's decided to pick up someone else's cause - whether they want her to or not. Underdogs just pull her in like nothing else, and she'll fight dirty if she must to ensure that their quality of life goes up. She didn't adapt to the High Reaches way so much as she just decided to ignore its existence, and this green will be a loud voice when it comes to trying to change the way things work. Never mind that others have tried and failed, and never mind that her efforts will mean a harder life overall for her and her rider: surely her voice will pierce through their thick skulls, and the fight must be carried on for those that have passed! Nobody ever said the right way was the easy way!

Beneath those fluttering blue-purple eyes is a strong set of hearts. Isharath is a creature driven by emotion, though not necessarily in a moody way. When she feels, she feels it strongly: the highest of highs and lowest of lows, the deepest compassion for the spurred and the most bitter anger of being wronged. But it doesn't come in waves or swirl like eddies, nothing so dramatic; hers is usually an easy to maneuver sea, where if there's a storm on the horizon you can always see it coming. Whether one is prepared for it, though, is another story. Perhaps picking up from her rider's past, she doesn't mind being scrappy or dishonorable if it means helping someone else. Let her be the villain if it means someone else that deserves it benefits.

In a more positive light, Isharath is the type to give the shirt off her back were she a human to those she wishes to protect. She will do whatever she can to help another, whether it means giving up free time or helping with a task, because her hearts compel her to ease pain where she sees it and to safeguard those in need. Well, unless you're colorist anyway. No compunction turning her head away there when there are far more worthy candidates to dote upon.

Isharath is one who projects an air of self-confidence and maturity in everything she does, but she's actually quite naive about her limits and what boundaries mean to others. As if this were a story, she believes she can do anything if she simply puts her mind to it, because her way is right. The just way, even. This green can't stand not settling scores on behalf of others if she hears about them, no sir - the accounts must be balanced, revenge taken or forgiveness begged. She considers herself the protector of perceived injustices large and small and doesn't understand that her actions can be seen as meddlesome, or even make things worse. Her hearts simply won't let her sit idle, and she would be injured to know that her efforts are considered "wasted" on anything. After all, nothing is a waste to her if she decides to pay it attention.

Isharath without a cause is a lost little dragon in the wide world of Pern. Sure, Thread is a constant one on her mind, but there's always something else, someone else she must consider. More than likely she'll find herself being the secondhand dragon, even if they don't really need one - an errant squire seeking her next beast to take down. She'll find individuals in need of her help and adopt them until their problem is solved, and then it's on to the next one. Common targets are non-riders, whom she feels are underappreciated in the grand scheme of things, and anyone who is from Bitra or Nabol like her dear rider, but she'll rally around anyone she feels is in need of a helping claw.
Size: 23'
Physical Attributes: Limber and slender, Isharath is short at the shoulders but whiplike at the length; she finds this a little annoying for positioning in the air, but on land she does well dancing. Her eyes are usually slightly hooded as part of her enchanting act, playing at mystery and flirtation. When moving, there always seems to be a bit of a flourish or a bounce, as if dancing to a beat only she can hear. She recently had a wing torn through, so there's faint scars from the healing.
Additional Notes: Isharath is a fan of certain herdbeasts and will occasionally attempt to adopt one from the herd before it's inevitably eaten. She's still trying to convince L'mon to find a way to let them keep a bovine (caprine?) pet, as L'mon isn't a fan of firelizards. Oh, High Reaches doesn't allow them to have other pets? Who cares, it's just one animal, that's hardly a problem they'll notice!

This is a green who actually prefers to be grounded more than in the air! Isharath loves to dance and walk and feel the dirt fold under her claws. Not that she isn't a good flier - quite the opposite - but she feels more comfortable dancing near the harpers on the ground, using her wings as a flamenco dancer uses fans; her wholy body is instrument and mucisian combined, and being in the air takes away from a lot of her performance nuance. Bells in particular are her thing, and sometimes one can hear her dances on the wind. Her flights similarly can feel like a dance more than a chase, though Isharath doesn't mind pulling tricks just to keep everyone on their toes.

While not quite a romantic, Isharath wouldn't be opposed to finding true love. She doesn't actively seek it out, however, deciding that if Faranth wills it, someone will come into her life that fits the bill. She's a little iffy on the whole concept to be honest, as the idea of settling for just one makes her hide itch. It definitely would make her entertainment time a lot harder to maintain if someone "claimed" her, which is also something icky to this young and free-spirited green.

Why Me: Isharath's and L'mon's hearts sang to each other, even if he didn't hear the melody at first. At their core, this dragonrider pair cares for others deeply and wants to see them succeed; their methods might be different, with Isharath being more bold and L'mon being more quiet and careful, but their goals align and their compassion is shared. Isharath was devastated to learn of his past (especially in Nabol) and seeks to right the wrongs done to him since birth by being his lifelong companion so that she may protect him from further harm. L'mon takes succor in his green's fiery spirit and may one day learn to be as confident as she is. He views this as his third chance to do good by others in a greater capacity than before, and though he has his fears about the endeavor, he knows he can always rely on Isharath to silence his doubts. In turn, L'mon shows Isharath that moderation is sometimes a good thing, and that pulling back doesn't mean you've suddenly stopped caring.

He's also more than happy to lavish her with attention and jewelry/bells, which Isharath is happy to show off to available dragons with a flourish.

- - -
Average to above average depending on the day. L'mon worked at his own pace but was dutiful, and Isharath learned to balance work and play along the way,. L'mon was hungry for knowledge if only so that he could be a good asset, so even if he struggled with certain subjects (coordinates), he put his all in every class.

L'mon was gobsmacked at first as a stands impression, so the early months were a lot of anxious staring and awkward silences while Isharath smoothed things over. He's better now with the other weyrlings but generally low-key anxious about what they must think of him after their turn of training. He would've been known as an easy peon, which Isharath would fight against vehemently while L'mon accepted if someone approached.

Isharath was a playful flirt but rarely allowed herself to be physically touched at first, a strange thing for any dragon. In the beginning this was because she was still learning the moves she would later pull on others, and because she liked the allure of being "untouched"; for a while it seemed to her that only L'mon was necessary in that regard. This became quickly a non-issue around the time of moving into a weyr with a roommate, where close quarters cuddling suddenly became very intriguing. She was also a loud champion for the softer clutchmates over even the simplest of things, earning her a reputation as being sassy, maternal, and protective. It got her in trouble several times when, against L'mon's wishes, she allowed situations to escalate because she refused to let an issue go, having perceived the apology as insufficient.

L'mon is at home when given a set of rules, so he's perfectly happy with the arrangement, even if he's intimidated easily by the teachers. Isharath didn't mind bending the rules if it suited her needs, however, such as staying up past curfew to soothe a clutchmate or attempting to sneak out and get them a midnight snack or pay someone a secret visit. (Talks under the stars are so lovely!) The two have had conversations about their inflexibility-too casual approach to the order of things, and they've mostly agreed to disagree on the hard issues while cooperating in the day-to-day.

How did they handle their fellow weyrlings death during their first solo trips Between?
L'mon thought he was doing alright until Eskharath and Aviforth were suddenly snatched away. Suddenly it was like he was back in the mines again, trying to reach out to someone who had been trapped in a sudden collapse, useless and weak because he hadn't stepped up to prevent the accident. Isharath was shaken as well, as she was of the opinion that their class would be one of the perfect ones when it came to living; being reminded of her mortality was a nasty shock. Their mourning period was spent to themselves for the majority of it, as L'mon needed to be reassured through their bond and training both that everything would be okay.

Mostly alright thanks to over-preparation and a healthy awareness of their surroundings. L'mon suffered Threadscore around his shoulder, but he was saved from something worse due to Isharath's actions: she took the bulk of the clump's sudden appearance in her wing sail before jumping Between, but it's healing nicely.

Isharath says the old Enemy made a mistake sticking around for her shelling, while L'mon says he's probably a mistake to help out and High Reaches must be desperate huh, ha ha ha....ha....The rider is very anxious and focuses more on keeping his beloved and their classmates safe, the dragon is more than ready to take to the skies and do the same.

Anything else? It's been a while since I've written a profile, much less a stands impression one, so I know the history might need some tweaking! Also ty for the contest <3

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Spockat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:38 am

Name: Sh'vel
Sex: Transman
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Previous Rank/Craft: Baker
Physical Description:Sh'vel is rather tall and lanky. His shoulders are rounded, unlike the rest of him. He is naturally on the slimmer side, all angles and sharp edges. His face is thin with pointed cheeks. Sh'vel has bright green eyes with a wild tangle of brows above them. Sh'vel's face is square with a strong jaw. In the middle of his face is a small turned nose. His hair is light brown and awfully soft, sticking up with loose curls in every direction. Its a bit longer in the front, and he enjoys pushing it back and fussing with it whenever he's nervous.

Sh'vel's tan skin is covered with burns from working with ovens. His fingers have shiny, white scars, lines are burned on his belly and palms from being just a bit too careless with baking trays. Most of the time he's chatting just a little too much to focus. Sh'vel has a rather large shining scar down the left side of his face. While its from tripping over his own feet with a hot pan, he lets everyone assume the wild (and much cooler) ways it must have happened.
Sh'vel loathes formal dress clothes and does away with them, even when its an important occasion. Most of his clothes are loose tunics with rolled sleeves and trousers, he likes to look comfortable.

Personality: Sh'vel is easygoing when it comes to others, always with a smile on his face and a relaxed coil to his gait. He's comfortable in his sociable skin, having no trouble speaking to just one or a crowd. He knows how to read people, always preferring to sit with someone who looks friendless just to see if he can make them laugh with some sort of jaunty story he drums up.

Sh'vel has never been one for books and learning. He respects scholars greatly but shards is it over his head. He mostly assumes when something looks too difficult to understand... he's just not going to get it. He's self defeating that way. That he's not quick thinking enough or smart enough. He avoids composing anything with words whenever he can, preferring not to have written proof of looking like an idiot.

Sh'vel is a loyal beast at heart. Those who have earned a place of trust or in his heart he will go to the ends of the earth for. While his heart is in the right place, he can be rather overprotective. He hates hearing someone's having a hard time and needs reeled back from just trying to fix it all for them. He's gladly take a blow for anyone just to spare them a bit of pain.

It makes him terribly self sacrificing, and hardly ever in a good way. He’ll blindly do for others if he considers them friend or family, and everyone’s motives are not always so pure. Sh’vel’s been known to give his last mark to someone who might never pay him back - even though it meant going hungry. He’s had people think they can borrow from him- and take take take. He’d gladly take the fall for someone if needed. He has a hard time creating boundaries with such people, and finds it hard to judge what is a healthy or unhealthy friendship.

Positive Trait List Friendly, Easy Going, Loyal
Negative Trait List Overprotective, Selfdefeating, Self-sacrificing

History:
The middle child of bakers at high reaches hold, Sh’vel really just got lumped along with the rest of the three kids. The oldest of his siblings began their own life in a different craft, leaving Sh’vel to mind their young sister and to help his parents as much as they could. With quite a few mouths to feed, and a father’s alcohol habit to support there were hardly enough marks to keep them clothed. Sh’vel’s day was full, with very little time for learning as most children do.

He fell between the cracks - learning passable amounts, especially if it came in handy. He has a basic understanding of reading and writing, and can do math enough to get by. It’s a terrible sore spot for Sh’vel who had to become an adult in minature to help his family skate by at a young age. He did his best to shield his sister from this. He started burning his candle from both ends to make sure there was no need for his sister to be anywhere but going to lessons. He blames his older brother a little… but if he had a way out he’d take it to.

Sh’vel’s escape did come with being searched. Thankfully it was after his father drank himself to death leaving more than enough to go around, and not having to worry about his mother and sister working themselves to the bone. He felt no guilt leaving, knowing that they could look after themselves without him. He took to candidate life well, even if it meant feeling passed over with each turn he grew older. Sh’vel worries terribly for them in this time of thread, near inconsolable with anxiety when he’s awaiting their letters.

Until… a little green dragon stopped in front of him on the sands. Him! Of all people! For a moment neither one of them spoke, needing just to embrace each other damp and covered in sand. Sh'vel mine, your Misuth knew you were worried… to be left alone again. Walking proud, frown hidden. Never, never will you go alone now.

Other: Sh'vel also has a fondness animals, felines of all sorts being his favorite. He has a hideous stuffed toy feline named Muffin, that is more tatters than stuffing but he can't bring himself to get rid of her.

DRAGON
Name: Misuth
Origin of Name: Misu: a word meaning rippling brook in Miwok
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragon's theme to fit a different NPC slot? Yes
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragons color/sex to fit a different NPC slot? Yes
Inspiration: Just Around the River Bend [Pocahontas]
PersonalityMisuth is a friendly, warm-hearted dragon. Her ledge is a popular one and open to all. She's extremely affectionate loving to cuddle up and nuzzle anyone who stops to to chat. She's sometimes not the best at reading other people's boundaries, awkwardly ending up laying across dragons who sincerely do not wish to be snuggled up to.

Misuth is full of energy. She's never a dragon to be still. Constantly in motion her head is tilting this way and that, or picking up her feet in little excited steps. Misuth is a green who fidgets constantly always changing how she's seated or twirling in a different in the skies.

She always looks for the bright side in a situation. If there isn't one to be found, she'll make her own silver lining. On her best days her glass is eternally half full. She's excited to see what each new day brings, especially if she's to be meeting someone new.

Misuth is indecisive, she can never make her mind up. When it comes down to choice of prey or where to take a lazy glide above, she'll often deflect to Sh'vel to make a choice for her. Its taken her bonded quite a while to raise her confidence to take the plunge and allow her to enjoy herself no matter what decisions she makes.

Sometimes her indecision is a gateway for anxiety. She'll worry and ruminate over things far longer than she should - and if she made the "right" choice of something. She's been known to be up through the night fussing over any number of small things. While young, Misuth slept best pressed up to Sh'vel to drive these sort of thoughts away. Much too large for that now, she finds comfort in their thoughts together.

Size: 20’
Physical Attributes:
Misuth is a leggy, lanky dragon. Her build is similar to a dancer, and is always walking lightly to hop and bob. Misuth's headknobs are large and swoop upward Her belly is the only curve on her, pudging outwards quite bit. Every now and again she gets self conscious about how they look on top of her thinly swooping head. Her wings are large sails, hanging heavily on her back. She's grown quite well into them!

Misuth is always swinging her head and tapping her paws to the music only she can feel. Her gait is fluid and graceful - she'll never be a dragon to stumble her footing or bump into another without meaning to. In the air she tries her best to look elegant! She favors showy twirls and quick turns in the sky.

Additional Notes: Her flame, while hot, reaches a bit short. It took some practice but she has learned to accommodate this. Misuth prefers the Flight company of any color and gender. Even if she won't ever win gold flights, will Chase her little hearts out for as long as she has strength. She’s picky when it comes to those who will catch her in flight, they must have captured her hearts.

Why Me: Misuth felt drawn to Sh’vel’s easy smile and warm heart. She sees someone who can bring her best out of her shell and to experience life fully with, rather than become trapped by her own anxieties. Her careful nature will bring Sh’vel a bit of insight when it comes to others - that he might think over others motives just a bit more instead of accepting things at face value.

Misuth was completely overeager. She wanted to soar before she could glide. She would practice constantly to master things that didn't come easily to her. The pair of them were friendly and always eager to lend a hand. They paid close attention, neither one of them wanting to get injured in the skies. They performed towards the middle of the pack in training.

How did they get along with their other weyrlings? Chattery and warmhearted, this pair found they could get along with just about everyone. They kept close to those they made smile the most. Misuth in particular enjoyed keeping close to their clutchmates and cousins.

How did they feel about weyrling training and the strict rules and lessons? Hardly phased. No matter how strict - it was temporary and they could get through it together. Neither have the taste for bucking the system, they fell into the routine rather well.

How did they handle their fellow weyrlings death during their first solo trips Between? Misuth was devastated. The tender hearted little green keened and worked herself into such a fury, particularly seeing her blue cousin vanish in an instant in their lessons. Death is a part of life, but to see it before they were even grown? She could hardly wrap her head about it. Misuth was completely spooked at the ide of ttrying to between afterwards in took quite a bit of slow and steady steps back towards it. Sh'vel's patience and love helped her find her confidence again. Both of them feel the Weyr is colder, emptier than what it once was.

How did they do during Threadfall? Misuth was slightly scored. It left a thin scar along her neck. She was lucky to have not been more injured.

Anxious. Both of them have friends and family they wish to keep safe. They feel the weight of their duty heavily upon their back. Sh'vel can not look up at the stars the same way again. It causes an uneasy prickle of doubt in them both, for what if they fail? Will someone they love be hurt? Will they cause something horrofic if they aren't careful. Its alwags in the back of their mind lurking.

Anything else? Everyone's entries are so cute!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:50 pm

Name: Fyona
Sex: Born female, recently started exploring the idea of being non-binary
Sexual Orientation: Thinks she's hetero, is closer to pan
Previous Rank/Craft: Guard/Bodyguard
Physical Description: Strawberry blond, cut short with a braid like a circlet. 5'4". Thin scar through one of her eyebrows, green-blue eyes. Decently built even before she became a weyrling, now definitely has a toned build. Never wears anything outside of basic clothing and occasional accessories unless forced to (feasts and such), but always prefers to look masculine.
Personality: Fyona is at war with herself. One parent sought to make her a doll, and when she died Fyona was reared by her father and torn to quite the opposite end to be a guard like himself. The consequence of her childhood was that there was hardly ever any time for her to know herself: everything was spent in service of someone else's purpose, to the point that now she doesn't want it to be any other way. She struggles with herself still, even as she tries to provide a solid front to others.

Outwardly, Fyona fashions herself as a knight in ideals and aspirations. Nothing could get in the way of her doing her training or tasks short of the Red Star falling to Pern. Her serious and no-nonsense attitude can be blunt at times--she was designated the fun-ruiner by her would-be ward growing up for a reason--but she does mean well. Honor, loyalty, and accountability are incredibly important to her, and Fyona can't stand to have either be besmirched or questioned. She holds herself to a high (sometimes impossibly so) standard and can't imagine ever getting by in life without elbow grease, sweat, blood if demanded. In all her self-doubt, Fyona has never once second-guessed that she would die for someone if need be, and she never will.

If she ever spotted someone trying to do anything less (or daresay be lazy), she'd feel compelled to change their mind. This nagging-mothering tendency has only gotten worse with weyrlinghood as she strives to not only be an excellent student but to pull others along with her. No, you don't have a choice. Fyona's compulsion to mold herself for the sake of another at High Reaches has made her quite the lapdog in terms of spouting their rhetoric, and that means being damn grateful to be part of the elite force known as dragonriders. She certainly is, and she'll correct those that want to act the fool about it just because of a difference of opinion.

Not that she has much of one herself.

Inwardly, Fyona is a little lost when it comes to the personal things like having strong opinions (outside of the general "work hard and be the best you can be" part). She doesn't know how to be gentle, or how to be soft, or anything of the sort. She wears her knight's armor even in laymen clothes, her heart and mind alike ironclad. Sometimes she is the armor, like an inanimate thing shaped like a human and brought into the service of another, and it's begun to grow more comforting than being a person at times; it means thinking less when someone else can order you around. Sometimes she remembers what life was like when there wasn't the armor, and she longs to find it again in the present, to yield herself and not feel afraid in doing so. Either way, it's easier to focus on the schedule and task at hand than it is to think too much about it or its implications. A dragonrider is a dragonrider is a dragonrider, after all.

This isn't to say she can't relax among friends, or that she's bad at making them. Her businesslike approach to work doesn't mean she's incapable of socializing; her background as a bodyguard has made it so that she can't be a hermit, and she knows a good knight would be among the people. The best way to really see Fyona loosen up, however, is with a good meal. After knowing the terrible pain of starvation, she'll never let food go to waste.
Positive Trait List principled, loyal, honorable
Negative Trait List critical, perfectionist, lapdog tendencies
History: Fyona was born of a mercenary-crecheworker union during a goldflight at High Reaches, and her mother doted heavily on her as a young child when the weyr's tasks were finished or she had free time. An older woman, Orana thought she had been blessed to have a child at all and was hellbent on spoiling her in the way she never had: that is, Fyona drowned in secondhand dresses, handmade dolls, ribbons, hairbrushes, anything feminine was a prize to her mother. And yet when a flu ran through the weyr some six turns later, an immuno-compromised Orana was taken. Fyona could barely take a thing with her when her father asked for custody to take home with him to Benden Hold.

Fyelo was a terrible father but an excellent soldier, and it reflected in Fyona's more rigid upbringing in the Benden territories. They were more nomadic for a handful of turns, with Fyona spending her days learning how to tend to and ride runnerbeasts, how to live off the land, and how to grow strong and stay strong. Her memories of dolls and tender hands were replaced with callused palms from holding a wooden sword and the comforting smell of campfires after a long day. She learned by watching her dad take simpler contracts for their income and was quick to step up and help when she was considered capable of being his "squire" as he teased.

Preteen to teenage Fyona couldn't stand the injustices they saw as they traveled. Often times she would spare her meager marks on the poor, or offer to buy food when she saw someone appear ready to steal, or insert herself to fend off or intimidate ruffians. Not even the taskmaster Fyelo could ever beat that out of her, or her High Reaches bias. Often she had to leave the room when business was being conducted so that she didn't blow up upon hearing the insults flung at her home. Whether or not Thread returned, it was dishonorable to be pulling their name in the mud like that! Eventually, upon barely learning to keep silent until after the payment was settled and they were far away, Fyona also learned to appear more boyish and hide her appearance behind armor. Her father felt it was more appropriate if his squire were to be a man if she was going to be so insistent about it. The helmet would muffle insults she might mutter under her breath at any rate.

There, she began to learn that sometimes armor could be a cocoon away from the world.

Eventually, after earning some recognition for their fair prices and deeds, the pair picked up a contract to be the personal bodyguards of a minor hold's family: the deal was struck as a two-for-one with Fyona being the personal guard to the hold's youngest male heir and her father the current hold lord's. Many turns were spent at the minor hold, where Fyona truly fell in love with responsibility of keeping someone safe. She believed she had found her place in Pern.

When the heir, now dabbling as a young merchant apprentice, chose to visit High Reaches so that he could hawk his wares at the ensuing Feast, Fyona didn't think twice about it other than she hoped for his success. It was her birthplace, but her loyalty had been to others for a while now. It was a bittersweet return when she thought of her mother, but she attended her duties in the same way she always and had been helping him set up his wares in the Great Hall when something prodded at her mind with unexpected force.

< ...You. I do not see you in this mess. What trick have you pulled on your Tarth, Mine? >

And just like that, Fyona experienced a critical shift. A new-old loyalty to her home. A new-old duty to protect. And a very new and trustworthy ally to help her.
Other: Fyona could be considered a Pernese horsegirl if she didn't have a dragon to fill that gap; she still hangs around the stalls to help brush them down when she can.

Knows knife tricks. Not the fun kinds.

DRAGON
Name: Tarth
Origin of Name: The name Azkaban is inspired by the Hebrew word Abaddon, meaning 'place of destruction' or 'depths of hell'. Another equally bleak place is the Greek's Tartarus. It is either a deep, gloomy place, a pit, or abyss used as a dungeon of torment and suffering that resides within Hades (the entire underworld) with Tartarus being the hellish component.
Color: Blue
- - - - > Would you be willing to change the dragons color/sex to fit a different NPC slot? N (unless brown/bronze somehow becomes available)
Inspiration: Azkaban is a fortress on an island in the middle of the North Sea. It serves the magical community of Great Britain as a prison for convicted criminals. In the original series, this isolated, well-walled jail has a horrific means of securing its prisoners - not just through magic, but through the use of dementors that slowly drive its occupants insane.
Personality: Tarth is a metal box with a long rusted lock, the Touching like an unearthing of an old relic: there is mystery inside but no obvious means of opening it, nor telling of its contents. From the outside, he acts old beyond his years, and world weary, and is always, always vigilant. Nothing seems to get to him, nor does anything get out: secrets remain sealed behind his lips, scathing remarks merely bounce off, and even with a dragon's eyes it's hard to tell just what Tarth is thinking; he's simply a silent guardian most of the time. It's almost eerie how little this dragon needs to blink, how much he's seen and knows about despite seeming to move very little. In a way, he's a living gargoyle, wrought from hide rather than stone, ready to destroy the malicious and keep a sharp eye on the wicked from afar.

And there are terrible, terrible things in the world of Pern. Things worse than Thread, for at least Thread can be combated categorically: it has no secrecy, has no agenda or politics, has no armies to strategize against. To Tarth, the mindless old foe is almost nothing compared to the darkness that lurks in others' hearts - that, one cannot always guess at or plan for. Not unless one is ever watchful. And so Tarth keeps a wary distance from others, only trusting wholly his rider whom, while not above reproach, at least knows his hearts and he hers. He can't say the same for others whom, even if they seem genuine, will always be viewed with a level of suspicion.

It's a bane and a boon to Tarth that he has so many walls up. For one, he is the perfect impartial judge if someone needs to settle a dispute. Tarth doesn't know alliances or politicking in the way more manipulative dragons do and is an island unto himself. From his perch he can oversee everything and be kept apprised, and what he can't see he seeks informants for; there will always be such rats to make use of in the world. However if someone puts a toe out of line, they go on a list, and if they make any more mistakes, judgement falls and he steps in to correct it. He feels that it's his duty to do so, to be the warden of the weyr or wherever it is he's stationed, to keep the peace and see dawn break peacefully. At the same time, though, he is hard to read emotionally, and Tarth struggles with expressing anything other than satisfaction and dissatisfaction. He must stay professional, you understand, which means never engaging what his hearts might say and always deciding with his head. It makes for a lonely life, but he has his rider after all who feels quite the same way.

This blue is lawful in that he has a strict set of moral codes that may or may not align with High Reaches' beliefs, though he avoids being disruptive whenever possible. If measures have to be taken to accomplish that vision, however, he has no scruples shedding some ichor to get his point across, no matter who it might be on the other end. His rider must have a firm hand to keep him from getting too lost in his need to control and fix "problem hatchlings/people", as his methods can be more severe than first intended.

It will also be up to his rider to reign him in from his dark thoughts, for there are many dark and darker still. It's hard to say why Tarth is so preoccupied with what's wrong with the world when he acknowledges there is also good in it. Perhaps he is just too serious for his own good, but even in the egg the blue had been concerned with the safety and security from outside threats - or the containment and supervision of those elements. Control is another issue Tarth struggles with, especially in the team-oriented work as a fighting dragon. He would much rather be by himself, relying on his own power and skill. For as critical as he is of others, Tarth is just as critical if not moreso of himself: the inability to do a job solo gnaws at him just as it bites that he has to occasionally rely on someone else in the wing. He views it as a weakness, a deficiency in his character, even as logic dictates it's required to.

Despite his stoic mannerisms, however, Tarth is not without his better moments. Like stone, he is patient and able to weather most anything without a sound, and his advice can always be counted on to be unbiased and honest. He has a love for mysteries and riddles rivaled only by the feeling of success when they're solved. He's also highly intelligent when it comes to memorization for a dragon, especially regarding names, faces, and deeds attached to them. Tarth is at his best when given a command and freedom to enact it, and if High Reaches would allow for it he might make for a good wingsecond one day.

Well, if he became more mobile anyway. The blue has a habit of reclining, hunching over perches, and generally staying inactive until duty calls. He likes to conserve his energy for the meaningful movements, like finding a good spot to see everything from - once he does, like a boulder he stays put unless forced or something else comes up.
Size: 33'
Physical Attributes: A massive blue, Tarth has a bulldog's build with a barrel chest and thick limbs. This dragon dislikes moving when he doesn't have to and thus, while there's obvious muscle, there's an overall heaviness to his frame that makes him awkward in the air, no matter what diet he's put on. Be careful telling him that, though, as Tarth stands particularly tall and imposing on those long limbs, and his bulk seems impenetrable even when Thread eats at it. His brow sits heavily over his eyes, often casting them into shadow with a natural frown, and his gait looks more like a prowl than a walk. He's been told he looks as ugly as an overgrown wher in the light, a likeness not helped by his underbite.
Additional Notes:
Tarth seems to scar less often than his clutchmates for whatever reason. His hide is a smidge thicker, healers have noted, and while not impervious to wear and tear, Fyona has always noticed he needed less frequent baths than most growing up. Healing minor wounds never seems to take quite so long for him unless the injury is really bad, so he can take quite a few hits during Threadfall.

Tarth feels colder to the touch than the average dragon, though that doesn't bother him or his rider. He dislikes the heat and will welcome High Reaches' winter chill and mild summers.

While they won't shy away from fighting Thread, this dragonrider pair will be happier as watchdragons and other more guard-like duties such as search and rescue more than as fighting dragons.

Tarth doesn't seem particularly interested in either flights or romance when there's always work to be done. That isn't to say he's against either, but his vigilant ways are a hardy combatant against instincts, and he absolutely hates how mindless hormones want to make him. He's more likely to join a flight to break up a nasty fight than to try and catch someone - though perhaps one day that might end up one and the same.

Why Me: Tarth and Fyona share the same thoughts of being tools and weapons for justice rather than mere living, breathing creatures, but where Fyona stumbles, Tarth reinforces with support: it doesn't matter what they are perceived as so long as they continue to do stellar work. Fyona can draw the blue out slowly from his prison of dark thoughts while he serves as a solid rock for her to lean on when doubt begins to come back. She'll also make sure he's up and moving even if he moans about it. At first Tarth wasn't sure about the chivalry (why champion those who won't care for you doing so? those that would do wrong by you at the drop of a hat?), but he has somewhat come around to it after a turn, though he separates it as his rider being the genteel knight and he the dark shadow she casts: both banes of that which threatens their world.

- - -
Incredibly studious, with Fyona reaching teacher's pet levels. One might have thought she was trying to emulate them herself in mannerisms and in how she tried to crack down on slackers outside of the classrooms.

Growing up, Tarth wasn't really known for...anything at first, beyond being a little fish-eyed. He preferred watching his clutchsibs play to begin taking notes of which were the rotten eggs to watch out for, rarely saying a peep and looking very dour about the whole ordeal. Fyona coaxed him out from beyond the barriers the dragon kept placing. She was generally easy to talk to in comparison, reserved or awkward about herself beyond the boilerplate answers from ice breakers, and loved sharing a meal with other weyrlings. Also a nerd about tactics.

Loved it, loved it, loved it. Both have a need for structure in their day, so the pair took to training like a dolphin to water.

Neither Tarth nor Fyona are particularly good at expressing emotions, much less one as painful as sudden loss and certainly not in public. When given those knots in their chests, they didn't know what to do except compartmentalize and focus on finishing the lesson. In private, they shared a quiet but strong moment of mourning and loss. Tarth surprisingly didn't spiral into depression as his rider expected him to, given his predilection towards darker emotions, but the aftermath has lingered with him far longer than it should, even though he doesn't speak of it to others.

Fyona made an effort to at least speak to and do a Shoulder Grab of Sympathy and Support to those weyrlings open to it. Both felt the need to stay strong in the aftermath, however, which might have made them seem cold - but that isn't a new impression.

Tarth is currently missing a claw on a front leg that had to be cut off after being thoroughly cooked by someone's misdirected flame. Other than that and some minor Threadscore, they've been doing alright.

Fyona is grimly dutiful as is Tarth. The blue knew he was hatched for a purpose, and she knew she was chosen for a reason: what they feel about it all is irrelevant. Let the scholars and previous naysayers spend their precious free time pondering the why's and how's while they take to the skies.

Anything else?
small lady knight small lady knight small lady knight <3

medigel

Anxious Spirit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:36 pm

Name: Lorealane
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Open
Previous Rank/Craft: Journeyman Healer
Physical Description: Lorealane is a small girl, short with tiny bones, it looks like someone could snap her in two. She had long honey-blond hair and striking blue eyes.
Personality: Lorealane is very intelligent. Encyclopedic intelligence. At least academically. She can list off all the herbs, uses, and cures without batting an eye. But she is very naive socially. She is extremely innocent and believes the best in everyone. Naturally trusting, her upbringing did nothing to teach her that there were those that would take advantage of her.

With a deep well of energy and enthusiasm, Lorealane is bubbly and ever ready to engage with people. But she doesn’t really understand boundaries and is prone to asking impertinent questions and invading people’s space. Lorealane is clingy, emotionally, mentally, and physically. She will want to know everything that is going on in a friend’s life and be a part of it. She loves to hug, cuddle, and just touch people.
Positive Trait List Intelligent (academically), bubbly, trusting
Negative Trait List naive, doesn’t understand boundaries, clingy
History: Born a weyrbrat at High Reaches Weyr, Lorealane had different aspirations then being a dragonrider. She loves dragons, but she didn’t see herself as a dragon rider and instead pursued the Healer craft. She grew up like any other brat, in the creche and well cared for. She was optimistic and enthusiastic about everything she tried. Though there were upsets and injuries, she never really let it get her down.

When she was the right age, she went off to the Healer Hall and began her training. Once she walked the tables at 21 though she returned to be a Journeyman at High Reaches Weyr. For as much as she wanted to be a healer, she could not leave the dragons behind for long.

Lorealane was happy and loved being able to interact with the dragons again and see her home. Being a healer in a Weyr now that Thread was back was no joke and she worried every time the riders went out. Those were the worst times. The best were the Hatchings. She had always loved watching them, besides mailings anyway, and delighted in being able to watch again.

Then the day that changed everything came. She was watching, waiting, at the sidelines for injuries she hoped wouldn’t happen, and knowing they would. She was both ecstatic that all these dragons were finding their mates, and devastated as someone died. It made her more determined to be a healer and help all those that were still alive. But one little pudgy green had different ideas for her. The baby came waddling up and declared Lorealanemine, you don’t know what you need. Don’t worry your Laveauth does and will help you achieve it. With utter confusion Lorealane stared down at the baby until the green told her, Well? Get a move on! I’m hungry. What was the no-longer-healer to do, but go feed her dragon?
Other:

DRAGON
Name: Laveauth
Origin of Name: Marie Laveau was “the Voodoo Queen” of 19th century New Orleans.
Inspiration: “Dig a Little Deeper” (Princess and the Frog)
Personality Laveauth is ever inquisitive, trying to find what people are looking for. To be exact, what they want is not what interests Laveauth, but what they need. With many questions and many pointed comments, Laveauth will try to ferret out the information. Still, she is empathetic about asking and is often able to know what people are feeling without much time together. And while pointed, she is compassionate. She is more leading than telling though. She is very laid back and happy to simply let other people do the work.

Laveauth is ever optimistic in life, and believes in equality. She is convinced that it doesn’t matter where you came from, what color you are, or who you were born to, only what you do with how you are. Life will get better, don’t worry. But don’t ask for material things, those are so fleeting and not as important, ask for what truly makes you happy! Love makes people happy, and Laveauth is happy to give it.

Size: 19’
Physical Attributes: Laveauth is surprisingly stocky for her small size.
Additional Notes: Laveauth loves to sing and dance. She doesn’t care who thinks she looks weird or sounds terrible, she will do it.

Why Me: The green is in awe of the healer that chose her own path, even if it wasn’t the one that Laveauth needed her to take. Laveauth could not imagine being with someone less enthusiastic or energetic than Lorealane. Maybe the girl could use a little guidance in the ways of poeple, but Laveauth could work on that. At least she doesn’t crave material wealth. Lorealane can see the good in someone that Laveauth wants them to find and exploi. She is the loving, happy person that Laveauth needs to be her lifemate because together they will recreate people’s lives.

- - -
What were they like in weyrling training? Were they known to cause trouble, studious, quiet, helpful, terrified, annoying, etc. We're asking how you generally see how they did!

How did they get along with their other weyrlings? Both Lorealane and Leveauth wanted to be friends with all of their fellow weyrlings. Though there were likely a select few that they became very close with, they were friendly with just about everyone. Even if not everyone liked them back. Being inquisitive and clingy can be off-putting after all.

How did they feel about weyrling training and the strict rules and lessons? Training and rules came easily to Lorealane and Laveauth. Both were dedicated students that tried their best. They got in trouble their fair amount, mostly due to social issues not lessons.

How did they handle their fellow weyrlings death during their first solo trips Between? Oh, goodness. Oh, goodness. They both knew it was possible, but Lorealane was scared to between after that and slow to give the directions for a little bit as she checked and rechecked her coordinates. Laveauth, ever optimistic, had complete faith in Lorealane and a cheerful presence for her.

How did they do during Threadfall? They lucked out. Only minor abrasions and small wounds.

How do they feel about Threadfall's return? Pern survived for many years with Thread before and thanks to the preparedness of High Reaches Weyr they would survive many more. It is sad that the riders and dragons must risk themselves. And it is all the more amazing to find each other for it.

Anything else?

Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces