A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] Sound of the sea. [Greenflight] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Sinders Path rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:11 pm
User Image

Note: This flight is back dated to just before graduation.

Roana was restless, snapping at anyone that gave her a slight reason or excuse to flare her temper. Though the athletic women could be passionate and wrathful given the right circumstances those that knew her would also be aware her boiling point was rarely if ever so close to the surface.

But one only had to look at Ulendoth to understand the reason why. While Roana set to a task of of rubbing down her new riding straps with oil Ulendoth paced nearby. Up and down the edge of the lake till her claws dug new furrows along it's banks. The straps in Roana's hands should have been cause for celebration. Ulendoth was almost fall size now and the strips of leather would be the ones she would carry into her future wing. But the frustrated women felt ready to twist them apart with her bare hands.

The tension in the air between rider and dragon was palpable. The strain could only hold for so long and it was Ulendoth that ended it. Her wings flared with an audible snap.

I'm sorry. I can't wait any more. It's time. I want to see what this weyr has to offer.
Ulendoth crowed as she launched herself into the air. Roana spun letting her straps fall from her hands. "Ulendoth no, just a little longer."
But her voice was strangled, She could already feel the triumph rush of freedom and challenge from her dragon. It made them both feel strong...desirable. She couldn't deny her that.

The green swooped down once to snatch a heard beast and devour it on the wing, draining its blood and a few bites before dropping most of the carcass back to the ground.

Then she as climbing, pushing herself higher with each wing beat. And she knew she was carrying her rider with her (even while she still stood on the ground) and they both cried out to the dragons of high reaches.

Come out my loves. Come and catch me. Let's just see how far you all can go!

Optional plot for this flight
: Roana has been resisting a flight because she wanted her first flight to be shared with her beloved girlfriend. However said girlfriend is in western and Ulendoth has other ideas.
Roana is being swept up in her dragons flight lust and if the flights winner is close enough she likely will drag them to bed. (It's been a full turn, girl craving some action) But she will feel bad about it next morning and her partner will likely get chased out in a semi amusing way. Poor thing.
Might be good plot. However if you want/don't want this to happen let me know

Rules:
-I want to keep this simple. The three dragons with the most points at the end of this flight have the chance to catch Ulendoth.

-Blue's have a better chance because she's young fast and agile.

-The flight will have five rounds.

-The first round starts now and ends on Saturday to give people plenty of chance to jump in.

-Rounds 2-5 will last two days each.

-PCs and NPC's all welcome!

Just roll for each post

Blues: Roll 1d20
Browns: Roll 1d18
Bronze: Roll !d15  
Hattaki generated a random number between 1 and 18 ... 6!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:44 pm
User Image

They'd just gotten back from a sweep and had numerous things to do across the course of the day. So many so that Ri'ven, who was usually somewhat relaxed about his dragon's many moods and desires, actually rolled his eyes and resisted for a moment when Hoath's head snapped up to the sky. This was not the first time and his dragon always whined or complained when chasing as he'd never won before. Likely never would if he was so picky and choosy about who it was he went after!

I chase after the best, I have no desire to fly after dreck and you know it. She certainly isn't that. Hoath had already kicked off the ground to follow after the green who's wings reminded him of ocean waves, his words falling on deaf ears as he did so.

The redhead rubbed at his temples for a moment and glanced about, curious to see who or what might need his attention, knowing full well that this was a weyrling just by the looks of them. The greens were mostly full grown from the last clutches but as he paid attention he knew they hadn't graduated yet and even if they had, this meant their rider might be on the younger side. Ri'ven wasn't old by any means but teenagers didn't interest him in the least, still he cast a glance about for a second longer and sent a string of thoughts after his dragon.

Who promptly ignored them.

How far do you want to fly would be the better question, for my wings will follow wherever you lead.

---

Round 1: 6  

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Prism Shine generated a random number between 1 and 18 ... 3!

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:08 am
NPC Brown Zhenvilath of ???

Stunning that she was, at the first signs of a lovely green being tempted by the sky, Zhenvilath had had his eyes trained to the sights and sounds of Ulendoth. The spread of her stunning wings, the sweet sound of every note the beautiful dragon made. His attention could be pulled to no other as he watched from his ledge, tail whipping like an excited feline. She was stunning, with the glint of sunlight catching every detail of her hide and the powerful muscle beneath.

His rider, though preoccupied with their own activities and wouldn't be joining, gave the slightest nudge of encouragement that sent him rocketing off his ledge with a warble.

Oh, Ulendoth. How splendid you shine this day, even brighter than all the rest. There's a croon, his eyes a deep royal and only for her, in this moment. To share the sky with you today, I would chase to beyond the horizon.

Round 1: 3  
Zaikt generated a random number between 1 and 20 ... 3!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:36 pm
NPC Blue Rakideth

So the tide's rolled in, it seemed. Excellent.
He knew fairly quickly, fortunately enough. Ulendoth was rising, and Rakideth was more than ready to see if he could follow in her wake--she deserved a strapping challenger, of course, and he was personally of the opinion that he fit that bill quite well. He launches himself from his own ledge with an almost relaxed sort of ease, giving a soft growl once he sees her other competitors ascend after her; two Browns, both looking like they'd pose something of a challenge. He refuses to let himself get psyched out so early, however. Ulendoth is waiting for them up above, and Rakideth intended to give her every bit of the chase she deserved.

I'll go as far as you need me and then some, Ulendoth. He was already burning white-hot with the thrill of the chase, and his own confidence was through the roof--he lets some of his eagerness shine through to her, the excitement sending a jolt of energy through his bones. Just give me the chance to show you what I can do, and I swear you won't be disappointed.

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
Uta rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:06 pm
User Image

NPC N'sar of blue Doranth
1. 5

Doranth was immediately alert.

A green was rising, and a beauty at that. Doranth had been frustrated lately--though as far as N'sar could tell, he was always frustrated. Every green that went up either caused the blue to follow suit, or to sit and sulk upon his ledge. It wasn't that the dragon had a desire to bounce from dragon to the next.... He just always seemed to return with empty claws. He was not, perhaps, lucky when it came to twining necks with the beauties of the Weyr--but he certainly made a good attempt.

I take it you're--

It would be an insult to stay put! Doranth trumpted in challenge, his claws digging into the stone as he bared his fangs and spread wide his wings. Thankfully, he did not see a flash of bronze or metallic hide--good! He was tired of competing with the large, arrogant beasts of the Weyr. If Ulendoth wanted a real dragon, then he'd show her why he was the superior choice.

N'ser, fighting the dragonlust for the moment, heaved a sigh and pushed himself off his cot. He'd better find Roana... Just in case Doranth's luck turned.

Avid_RPer18 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:56 pm
User Image
Blue Yinth of Adar

Adar had been so wrapped up in pouring over her task that she didn't notice Yinth had moved from laying near her to be perched on the very edge of their weyrledge. Absently, she called him before looking up to see where he had gotten to. He was raptly staring skyward, his normally contented blue eyes, vivid violet as he watched the rising green. Ah... Her own heart began to race.

'Adar, Ulendoth, she calls! I must answer her!' And with that, he was airborne, bugling as he rose.

Sighing as she rubbed her hands over her face, Adar pushed her paperwork away from her as she moved to stand in the doorway. Mentally she bid her bondmate good luck before shutting herself away. She'd just find something to occupy herself.

'Lovely Ulendoth, how finely you shine! There is absolutely no distance I wouldn't follow! Please, allow me to show you the strength of my hearts, of my wings. ' He rolled tightly on the wing before leveling out to keep as close as he could manage. Right now, he only had eyes for her.

Round 1: 16  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Sinders Path rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:05 pm
Roana and Ulendoth
User Image

Ulendoth dragonic rumble echoed around the stone walls of the weyr. A sound of pleasure and approval as suitable strapping males fell in behind her. Hoath was the first to join her in the air and though his start and launch was not as strong as it could have been, he still deserved praise for being the first to come to her call.

'I would fly all of pern Hoath. But to be my partner you can't just follow, you have to show me something new." she cooed playfully, the thrill of the flight and the rush of the wind lifting her mood.

A friendly wind rushed across her back and she angled her wings to follow it arcing around the edge of the weyr's cliff tops and twisting through the highest spires. She was not just flying up she was also flying out away from the weyr bowl and over the wilder surroundings, unconsciously following the faint smell of the sea.

Zhenvilath got a twist of her head, because what dragon didn't like to be flattered? "Such pretty words, but now I would have you prove it try to keep up"

Rakideth and Doranth both got wordless calls of soft encouragement but they had yet to distinguish themselves.

It was Yinth, the handsome blue that proved the surprise of the pack, shooting up from the back to head the race.

Ulendoth suddenly found herself putting more effort in to avoid getting caught in the first minute. "well well. I am impressed with the strength of your wings so far handsome Yinth, lets see if you can keep it up."

Round 1: 10
Round 2: 20

Yinth: 16
Hoath: 6
Doranth: 5
Zhenvilath:3
Rakideth:3

Prism Shine generated a random number between 1 and 18 ... 7!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:27 pm
NPC Brown Zhenvilath of Lunilla

Oh, but I have pretty words in droves, for my hearts cannot contain themselves at such a splendid sight. He crooned, soft and sweet, as he turned to follow after her. Though he knew pretty, flowery words could only do so much, it would take action to turn his admiring and flattery to something of substance -- though the current breeze seemed to be plotting against him. I will.. bide my time. My stamina will need to last me to the ends of the sky, after all.

---

Round 2: 7  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Zaikt generated a random number between 1 and 20 ... 18!

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:08 pm
NPC Blue Rakideth

He had to do better! His competition was already ahead of him--Rakideth gnashed his teeth at the thought, tail lashing behind him as he pushed himself all the harder in pursuit. What kind of a start had he given her? A pathetic one, that's what. He knew he could do better! If there was anyone he had to prove it to, it was her--he could kick himself for such a poor show later, but for now, Rakideth had to focus on something much more important: the lovely Green dancing just ahead of him.
Ulendoth! he called, bugling after her. Take us where you will, and I'll chase until everyone else falls away.

Round 2: 18  
Avid_RPer18 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:31 pm
Blue Yinth of Adar

The gorgeous Green's burst of speed held Yinth utterly entranced. He crooned at her words as he spurred on after her. 'For you, Ulendoth? As long as the winds will bear me, as far as I last, I shall do my best!' Relishing the speed, the blue wheeled to catch a brief glimpse of the pack of Ulendoth's other suitors. Fellow blues and a couple of browns. He'd have to keep an eye out for them, but not at the expense of losing sight of what he was here for. Answering the lovely Ulendoth's summons and rising to the occasion!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Round 2: 19  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Hattaki generated a random number between 1 and 18 ... 3!

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:06 am
Will get after work.
---

Round 1: 6
Round 2:  
Uta rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:46 am
User Image

NPC N'sar of blue Doranth
1. 5
2. 20

Doranth watched as the green took off, and wasted no time! He wanted to make up for his slow start... not that he'd ever admit that he'd been a bit behind. Ulendoth deserved the best, and Doranth intended on showing her why blues should be given more praise than some greens wished to give them!
]

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Sinders Path rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:12 pm
Roana and Ulendoth
User Image

Ulendoth was among the bigger greens but she was still agile and she had a key skill. The wind loved her. Even from the first moment she had tested her wings she had found the wind seemed to embrace her and almost move to her will. All she had to do was angle her wings the right way, like giant sails. Then the wind would catch her and speed her along.

Now it took her and the rest of her chasers further over the rocky wilds of the mountains were the air was clear and crisp. And yet Yinth kept pace. She could not help but admire his spirit. Even though he was the smallest among the flight. "Oh, but I want to know if you can keep it up, you have to be more than fast to catch me when I circle all of pern" She called to him, preforming a spin and then a sudden dive to prove her point.

And then, suddenly, the others were gaining. "Rakideth, Doranth." She called to them by name as a show of approval for their efforts. Show me more! I want to see more flying, more of pern, more of everything. Which one of you can match that ambition I wonder?

Round 1: 10
Round 2: 20
Round 3: 16

Total: 46

Yinth: 16+19 =35
Hoath: 6+3 =9
Doranth: 5+20 =25
Zhenvilath:3+7 =10
Rakideth:3+18 =21

Zaikt rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:35 pm
NPC Blue Rakideth

There! There, she said his name! She knows he's there now for sure, and Rakideth's hearts surged with--with--everything. Excitement, hope, joy, eagerness, and so much more, all rattling around in his chest and thundering in his blood. The young Blue roared again, eyes whirling as he spiraled through the eyes behind her. Maybe she'd be impressed by a bit of fancy flying?
You want to see everything? I'll show you whatever you want! Anything out there, I'll make sure it's yours. I've got plenty of ambition, and I'll put it to good use!

Round 2: 18
Round 3: 14  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500
Avid_RPer18 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:49 pm
User Image
Blue Yinth of Adar

A delighted, exhilarated laugh mentally flowed from the blue at Ulendoth's challenge. Yinth beat his wings, propelling him upward, twisting as he arced onto his back at the peak of the loop he was performing, hanging in the air for a half moment with his long wings fully outstretched. 'As much as I do love home, there'd be no distance that I wouldn't go to see you light up at the untold sights there are to see, Ulendoth.' Drawing wings and limbs in close, Yinth followed her steep dive, completing his loop. 'It'd be with happy hearts that I'd go.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Round 2: 19
Round 3: 15  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items