Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
2020 Cosplays Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:56 pm
Many of you may have noticed for the last year that my personal Avi has changed a lot, especially since I reactivated the Guild. I have been creating or buying Cosplay outfits or just fashion for my Avi. I have been very successful but it's been very expensive, Billions of Gaia Gold. Contests coming up could have Gaia Outfits as prizes.

In the Real World many of us create wonderful cosplay / crossplay outfits showing off to the World some of our favorite characters. When it comes to my Cosplay Photography it doesn't matter to me how much work or what level a Cosplayer is at. What counts is their Love of their character that they are portraying.

In this Guild their are several photography threads where you can post and show off your creations. If you have an Imgur account photos from that account could be posted.

Also please reply to this post and let us know what your plans are for 2020 Cosplay / Crossplay wise and or convention wise.

As for me I would like to create a new outfit. Don't know what yet. My brother at Youmacon 2019 Cosplayed Brock from Pokemon. I have had ideas of Ash from Pokemon, Nurse Joy from Pokemon, and several characters from Sailor Moon including Usagi, Sailor Mercury, Sailor Mars, and Tuxedo Max.

This coming year my brother and I will be going to Youmacon 2020 in Downtown Detroit again in November and possibly Anime Central in Chicago for the first time ever. I Love everything in Chicago and if I get a chance I will go in mid May with my brother.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:56 am
Next year is actually my 10th anniversary as both a cosplayer and an Otafest attendee. I've decided to rewear cosplays or wear cosplays not worn at a convention yet for 2020. Of course, there may still be a chance of me wearing a completely new cosplay, as a disclaimer though. XD

I've also decided to do a few giveaways for my anniversary year. Currently, I'm running an 'Otafest 2020 Weekend Pass' giveaway on my Instagram, which the deadline is 11:59 PM (Mountain Time) on December 25, 2019. I wanted to giveaway the weekend pass before the next price tier increase for the weekend pass. That way, if entrants didn't win the pass from me, they would still have a chance to buy a pass before the next price tier increase. cat_3nodding

gaia_angelleft gaia_crown gaia_angelright

My Current 2020 Cosplay/Con Plans:
There may be updates to these plans, if an opportunity to go to certain conventions occurs or if I obtain a new cosplay. This also includes which day that I'll be wearing a cosplay.

As always, I'll be wearing Riku (Kingdom Hearts) in some shape or form to multi-day conventions though! Plus I'll list any weapon props with certain cosplays, too.

Non-Convention Cosplay Plan:
- revamped winter Riku (Kingdom Hearts 2)

Otafest 2020
gaia_star For Sure:

- female Cloud with Buster Sword (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children)
- Master Riku (Kingdom Hearts 3)

gaia_star Other Cosplays To Choose From:
- Axel with Chakrams (Kingdom Hearts)
- kid Noctis with/without Carbuncle ears (Final Fantasy XV)
- Lea with maybe Chakrams (Kingdom Hearts 3)
- long haired, young Sakura (Naruto)
- Misa with Death Note (Death Note)
- Natsu (Fairy Tail)
- Sasuke with sword (Naruto Shippuden)

Anime Revolution 2020: This has been one of my dream cons, which I'm fortunate to finally attend in 2020!
gaia_star For Sure:
gaia_star Depending If Nijuukoo Attends & If I'm Flying Or Driving:
- Reno with Electro Mag Rod (Final Fantasy VII)
- casual Sora with Kingdom Key Keyblade (Kingdom Hearts 2)

gaia_star Other Cosplays To Choose From, Depending If I'm Flying Or Driving:
- Akatsuki Itachi (Naruto Shippuden)
- Deidara (Naruto Shippuden)
- high school Noctis (Final Fantasy XV: Brotherhood)
- kid Noctis (Final Fantasy XV)
- Natsu (Fairy Tail)
- older Gladiolus with maybe sword (Final Fantasy XV)
- Sasuke with maybe sword (Naruto Shippuden)
- Zero (Vampire Knight)

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:43 pm
Kaya,

These are 3 of my favorite characters. I have thought about Cosplaying Sasuke myself. I would really like to see how your Sasuke outfit turns out.

Natsu (Fairy Tail)
Sasuke with sword (Naruto Shippuden)
Zero (Vampire Knight)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:58 am
smithers456
Kaya,

These are 3 of my favorite characters. I have thought about Cosplaying Sasuke myself. I would really like to see how your Sasuke outfit turns out.

Natsu (Fairy Tail)
Zero (Vampire Knight)

What version of Sasuke were you thinking of to cosplay? :3

I've actually cosplayed Sasuke (Naruto Shippuden) at Sakura-Con this past April, but it's the only time that I've worn him to a convention though. sweatdrop
Photographer of my Sasuke cosplay: trubbishbin (Instagram)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't have any photos of me as Natsu yet, even though I have a wig that could work for him, which I owned for years, and I obtained his cosplay from another cosplayer during Otafest this past May. sweatdrop

As for Zero, I've only worn him once to a winter anime convention, which was Otafest Aurora 2015.
Photographer of my Zero cosplay: mysthinra1170 (Instagram)

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:12 am
KayaLing
smithers456
Kaya,

Natsu (Fairy Tail)
Zero (Vampire Knight)

What version of Sasuke were you thinking of to cosplay? :3

I've actually cosplayed Sasuke (Naruto Shippuden) at Sakura-Con this past April, but it's the only time that I've worn him to a convention though. sweatdrop
Photographer of my Sasuke cosplay: trubbishbin (Instagram)

I don't have any photos of me as Natsu yet, even though I have a wig that could work for him, which I owned for years, and I obtained his cosplay from another cosplayer during Otafest this past May. sweatdrop

As for Zero, I've only worn him once to a winter anime convention, which was Otafest Aurora 2015.
Photographer of my Zero cosplay: mysthinra1170 (Instagram)

I own the entire original Naruto series and even have a photo book on it. My Sasuke Cosplay would be based on Sasuke from the original series. Part of the reason for that is that I'm more familiar with that version of Sasuke and the early version of him would be easier for me to role play. I'm not good with strong evil characters.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:55 pm
Ooh it's early to say. I have a lot of ideas, but nothing is in stone yet. I keep telling myself I'm going to finish my Leo armor and it keeps not happening. Maybe 2020? :'D

I also recently got a MCU Loki cosplay that I will probably wear a lot. I ordered a scepter for singles' day and I'm super excited to use it. Likely to reuse my Jesse Anderson from Yu-Gi-Oh cosplay since I'll be getting a nicer wig soon. ^^

More than likely I'll also wear Kaminari Denki a lot since he's comfortable and Hero Academia is the hot anime right now. XD

At some point I'd like to cosplay from the show Miraculous Ladybug, but I'm still undecided on which character.

Maybe Spider Gwen at some point? My friend cosplays Miles Morales. c:

As for cons, I'm for sure going to Anime Central and Anime Magic. Hotel space permitting, I'd also like to hit Daisho Con since I had to miss this year.  

Absolutiones

Evolved Bunny

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:16 pm
Absolutiones
Ooh it's early to say. I have a lot of ideas, but nothing is in stone yet. I keep telling myself I'm going to finish my Leo armor and it keeps not happening. Maybe 2020? :'D

I also recently got a MCU Loki cosplay that I will probably wear a lot. I ordered a scepter for singles' day and I'm super excited to use it. Likely to reuse my Jesse Anderson from Yu-Gi-Oh cosplay since I'll be getting a nicer wig soon. ^^

More than likely I'll also wear Kaminari Denki a lot since he's comfortable and Hero Academia is the hot anime right now. XD

At some point I'd like to cosplay from the show Miraculous Ladybug, but I'm still undecided on which character.

As for cons, I'm for sure going to Anime Central and Anime Magic. Hotel space permitting, I'd also like to hit Daisho Con since I had to miss this year.

I have always wanted to go to Anime Central. When I went to Youmacon this month I talked to some of the organizers for Anime Central and got a program from there con earlier this year. I'm planning on posting about that soon.

As for cosplays do you need help making the Leo armor? I think that it's cool that you are going to Cosplay Jesse Anderson from Yu-Gi-Oh! Hero Academia is definitely a huge show right now. I see stuff for it everywhere!!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:26 pm
smithers456
Absolutiones

I have always wanted to go to Anime Central. When I went to Youmacon this month I talked to some of the organizers for Anime Central and got a program from there con earlier this year. I'm planning on posting about that soon.

As for cosplays do you need help making the Leo armor? I think that it's cool that you are going to Cosplay Jesse Anderson from Yu-Gi-Oh! Hero Academia is definitely a huge show right now. I see stuff for it everywhere!!

I just went for the first time this year! I'd heard a lot of mixed things about it, but overall it's a very nice con! I very much appreciate how organized everything is, especially the meetups.

Thanks, but more than anything I need time. xD I have a friend helping me, but we're both working and our schedules don't like to match up.  

Absolutiones

Evolved Bunny

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:47 pm
Costume Plans:

OC Lady Elf
Princess Peach (With my husband doing Mario)
Pastel Decora
Elsa from Frozen
Renge from Ouran High School Host Club (Husband doing Kyoya).

At least that's the current plan, but my husband and I are trying to get pregnant so the plans may change.

As far as conventions:

Radcon (Pasco, WA)
Kuroneko Con (Spokane, WA)

With hopes of:
Kumori Con (Vancouver, WA)
Wen Con (Wenatchee, WA)

And there are rumors of a con in Walla Walla, WA that I may try to go to.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:18 am
KayaLing
Next year is actually my 10th anniversary as both a cosplayer and an Otafest attendee. I've decided to rewear cosplays or wear cosplays not worn at a convention yet for 2020. Of course, there may still be a chance of me wearing a completely new cosplay, as a disclaimer though. XD

gaia_angelleft gaia_crown gaia_angelright

My Current 2020 Cosplay/Con Plans:
There may be updates to these plans, if an opportunity to go to certain conventions occurs or if I obtain a new cosplay. This also includes which day that I'll be wearing a cosplay.

As always, I'll be wearing Riku (Kingdom Hearts) in some shape or form to multi-day conventions though! Plus I'll list any weapon props with certain cosplays, too.

Non-Convention Cosplay Plan:
- revamped winter Riku (Kingdom Hearts 2)

Otafest 2020
gaia_star For Sure:

- female Cloud with Buster Sword (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children)

gaia_star Other Cosplays To Choose From:
- Axel with Chakrams (Kingdom Hearts)
- kid Noctis with/without Carbuncle ears (Final Fantasy XV)
- long haired, young Sakura (Naruto)
- Misa with Death Note (Death Note)
- Natsu (Fairy Tail)
- Sasuke with sword (Naruto Shippuden)

Anime Revolution 2020: This has been one of my dream cons, which I'm fortunate to finally attend in 2020!
gaia_star For Sure:
gaia_star Depending If Nijuukoo Attends & If I'm Flying Or Driving:
- Reno with Electro Mag Rod (Final Fantasy VII)
- casual Sora with Kingdom Key Keyblade (Kingdom Hearts 2)

gaia_star Other Cosplays To Choose From, Depending If I'm Flying Or Driving:
- Akatsuki Itachi (Naruto Shippuden)
- Deidara (Naruto Shippuden)
- high school Noctis (Final Fantasy XV: Brotherhood)
- kid Noctis (Final Fantasy XV)
- Natsu (Fairy Tail)
- older Gladiolus with maybe sword (Final Fantasy XV)
- Sasuke with maybe sword (Naruto Shippuden)
- Zero (Vampire Knight)

UPDATES TO ALL 2020 COSPLAY PLANS!!!
The following is what I have done already and what I'll be doing now.
gaia_star For the Canadian release of My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising movie in February 2020, I had cosplayed as Jirou in a casual outfit. I happened to have an old cut up purple wig laying around for years, which was perfect to use for her. I also had materials readily available at home and work to make her earlobes within a day.

gaia_star Conventions:
- Otafest has been cancelled for this year due to the whole Coronavirus situation and will now occur in 2021.
- Anime Revolution is now my next anime convention for this year. The below spoiler contains the updated list of cosplays to wear or potentially wear to this convention since I'm flying to it now.

gaia_angelright FOR SURE: kid Noctis (Final Fantasy XV), Master Riku (Kingdom Hearts 3), Reno (Final Fantasy VII: Remake)
gaia_angelright POTENTIAL: Jirou (My Hero Academia), Natsu (Fairy Tail), older Gladiolus (Final Fantasy XV), Zero (Vampire Knight)

gaia_star Current Cosplay WIPs:
- add belt buckles to Reno's outfit to match his Final Fantasy VII: Remake outfit
- make Mammon and Leviathan from the mobile game, Obey Me!, which I hope to wear either or next year with an Obey Me! cosplay group
- make the shoulder armor for my female Cloud (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children) cosplay

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:08 pm
angelmage99
Costume Plans:

OC Lady Elf
Princess Peach (With my husband doing Mario)
Pastel Decora
Elsa from Frozen
Renge from Ouran High School Host Club

At least that's the current plan, but my husband and I are trying to get pregnant so the plans may change.

As far as conventions:

Radcon (Pasco, WA)

Hi Angel, I just rented and watched Frozen II finally. Which version an
Kuroneko Con (Spokane, WA)

With hopes of:
Kumori Con (Vancouver, WA)
Wen Con (Wenatchee, WA)

And there are rumors of a con in Walla Walla, WA that I may try to go to.

Angel I think that you Cosplay plans are pretty cool. I like your idea of cosplaying an Elf. As for Princess Peach and Mario that is a nice couple idea. One of my Crossplay ideas is to Crossplay Princess Peach. Being that she has a poofy dress I think that I can pull it off. Also I'm a pretty big fan of hers. I always play the Princess when I play Super Mario Brothers II (Original Ninetendo System). As I always say Cosplay the Characters that you Love. I'm curious to which version of Elsa that you are going to Cosplay. I just saw Frozen II finally and saw a very beautiful dress that I know people will Cosplay  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:03 pm
wahmbulance Cosplay Update wahmbulance

So because I have another week (at least) of free time. I've started work on a few individual items that don't go to any particular cosplay (or do), but go to a collection.

I'm making......

A chemise (for my medieval garb)
2 Harem pants (One gold, one pink)
A Link (from Legend of Zelda) hat
A body suit (like a super hero/agent type)
A big red bow
Galaxy themed Decora skirt

However if this continues I will be making more items and will update at that time.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:28 am
wahmbulance Cosplay Update Prt. 2 wahmbulance

So I'm taking my own advice and working on two more costumes that I already had wigs (from other cosplays) and base pieces for.

I'm adding Itachi and Sasori from Naruto.

I had previously done Konan so I have the coat, my sister gave me a wig that works for Sasori and I had already done China from Axis Powers Hetalia and that's where Itachi's wig came from.

I only need to by one pair of shoes, two rings, underclothes (Maybe), a necklace, and a set of contacts.  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:29 am
wahmbulance Convention Update wahmbulance

Kuroneko Con, Spocane, WA has been canceled.

I'm friends with the chair and her husband (Her husband and I went to preschool together), so I will sadly be missing my KNC friends.

However, I will no try for Kumori con in Portland, OR and it'll be my first time going.

I'm going to see about doing a cosplay group with my sister and husband doing Ouran High School Host Club with Renge (Me), Kyoya (my husband) and a Honey or Haruhi (my sister). We're also thinking of doing a Mario Series character set with: Mario (my husband), Wario (My sister), and Peach (Me), but may rope in a friend who may be going and who has a Waluigi outfit.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash