View Results

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:21 pm
I first going to start this off by admitting that I'm a little obsessed with subscription boxes. I think purely the fact that it is a box full of surprises that are sent each month. I tried quite a few. But because of problems with the money I had to cancel pretty much all of them. I have two active subscriptions. This is counting a shirt subscription which is just a surprise Legend of Zelda shirt.

The subject here is a subscription called Allure Beauty Box. I honestly don't think I would normally have tried this if it wasn't for the fact I was given a discount code. I'm more or less completely clueless about beauty products. Though I don't mind trying them to see which work for me or not. So I guess this would be good for me anyway?

So anyway the box came in today. Most of what is in the box are samples with a few full-sized things. There were a few different cleansers and a couple of moisturizers with some makeup. I tried a couple of the items and I'd say I'm happy with it. I believe the box itself normally would be around $15 and what is inside makes it worth quite a bit more. The one full-sized cleanser I got alone was worth $20. Same with the lipstick they included.

So this is a good box for anyone just as clueless as me about beauty products and would like to try something.

Allure Beauty Box  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:18 pm
If I had more disposable income, I would def be into subscription boxes more. At the moment, I can't justify them, even though they look so tempting!  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:45 pm
Zphal
If I had more disposable income, I would def be into subscription boxes more. At the moment, I can't justify them, even though they look so tempting!
Understandable. Some of them can be quite pricy. There are a few I'd like to try.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:50 pm
Quick Update. I did try a few things from the box. Not all of them just yet.

So far I've tried the full-sized cleanser from e.l.f. Followed by a moisturizer. Then today I tried another cleanser from Curology.

The one from elf seems like it helps peel away dead skin. Which is to say there was quite a bit. Either way, my skin was left feeling pretty soft.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:27 pm
The box of the month came in. [Felt it was better to make a new post here instead of making a new topic for the same thing.]

Last month seemed to have been focused on the face. There were mostly face cleansers and moisturizers. This month was mostly makeup. Three different types of makeup from the same company [Anastasia] with a primer/moisturizer and a dry shampoo.

There was one thing missing, but I don't think it is too big a deal. Mostly since it doesn't seem like something I would use or needed. It's to help frizzy hair and my hair doesn't really get frizzy.

I'd describe the makeup as fancy.. Especially the eyeshadow pallet. Nothing I've owned before was half as fancy at that alone. The pallet alone is worth $40. The colors are nice and shimmery. Not too dark either.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games