RamboTiger

Friendly Tycoon

8,700 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:42 pm
I Sinistro I
Hey, guys! Happy to be here! Uhh, you guys can call me Sinistro- my old friends in GSW used to call me "Sin" or "Sinnie". You can give me a nickname, too. I'm cool with nicknames. Anyway, I'm 31 years old, I'll be 32 in a few months. I'm engaged to the love of my life, we've been together for 10 years and we've been living together for 8 months. We rescued a cat together back in December and we named her Gemini. I quit my retail job two weeks ago (because ******** retail, and ******** the higher-ups who refuse to give Livable wages, Hazard Pay, Monthly Bonuses, and free healthcare to those on the front lines in this pandemic), so now I'm enrolled in Online courses. I'm going for my certifications in Project Management, Project Initiation, and I'm gunning for my license in Real Estate.

I like trashy reality television (everything from trashy dating shows from '08, to RuPaul's Drag race, to Below Deck), I like cats (obviously), I like watching Art Restoration videos on YouTube, I like learning about "occult" stuff; Tarot, Astrology, Palm Reading, and I just recently picked up a Pendulum- don't know what the ******** I'm gonna do with it yet, but I can think of a couple things. Uh, I also like hiking, cooking, scary movies (mostly thrillers. Nothing too gory- I outgrew that), Murder Mystery, I like drawing (I do abstract art once in a blue lagoon), I love listening to music while I do mundane tasks around my apartment (I started listening to Hole, Garbage, and Bush again). My favourite music genres vary; I don't like confining myself to One genre. Some days I'll wanna listen to Sister Rosetta Tharpe, or Johnny Cash, other days I'll wanna listen to Run The Jewels or Missy Elliot. I'm also very sporty. I don't like to stay indoors all day, so once this pandemic hit you can imagine how lost I felt not being able to go to the gym, or play soccer/football at my favourite park. So getting back in shape has been a bit challenging (also, I'm 31, soooooooo my body still hasn't bounced back from eating that whole ******** bag of Doritos last year lol).

That said, I have to admit I don't like wearing jeans anymore. I've learned that I enjoy Athleisure wear, but with cool occult designs all over it. And I've learned that I actually like wearing sweat shorts and flipflops. Otherwise it's joggers, and graphic tees, and flipflops. I've learned that I'd rather be comfortable than miserable. That said, I don't wear Regular pants anymore. Just recently I went on a Target Run with my fiance; it was a Flipflops, cut off sweat shorts, and a "Hail Satan Drink Coffee" kind of day. (The Karens and Beckys didn't care for my choice in t-shirt, but it's ok because I got my caffiene fix prior to the Target run!)

Oof. This is longer than I would've liked. But in short, I think I'm kinda friendly. Kinda? And I think friendship is pretty great.

Welcome back also joined back on gaia recently as well, but I believe you already know that from my thread lol  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 12:22 pm
Hello!

I am Parade. I am a 30 year old massage therapist, father of a handsome husky, and have a wonderful, crafty husband. I couldn't get him to hold interest in Gaia...he's not quite as interested in meeting new people as I am.

I go through phases in video games, but I've been a Nintendo fanboy since Pokemon Blue. Also been playing Starcraft on and off since my dad took my elementary school self to his office to play with his friends long ago.

I have a weirdly specific collection of all things Peter Pan. The original book, all four books of the Peter and the Starcatchers series, and several other related books/items.

I like to bake mochi cake and google facts about Celtic mythology at odd hours of the night.  

Red Mage Foxie

6,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Marathon 300

tulin13

Crew

Friendly Wolf

11,400 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 2:50 pm
Parade of the Tall Foxes
Hello!

I am Parade. I am a 30 year old massage therapist, father of a handsome husky, and have a wonderful, crafty husband. I couldn't get him to hold interest in Gaia...he's not quite as interested in meeting new people as I am.

I go through phases in video games, but I've been a Nintendo fanboy since Pokemon Blue. Also been playing Starcraft on and off since my dad took my elementary school self to his office to play with his friends long ago.

I have a weirdly specific collection of all things Peter Pan. The original book, all four books of the Peter and the Starcatchers series, and several other related books/items.

I like to bake mochi cake and google facts about Celtic mythology at odd hours of the night.

Firstly, amazing username!
Can we see photos of your husky? And your mochi cake? redface

Celtic mythology is also very cool, it is actually something I'd like to start learning more about. My boyfriend has got into Norse mythology, but I have been curious about the Celtic. I feel there's a lot of new age spirituality attached to Celtic mythology right now, so I would be very curious to find out how much historical mythology we know and how we know it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 7:20 pm
tulin13
Parade of the Tall Foxes

Celtic mythology is also very cool, it is actually something I'd like to start learning more about. My boyfriend has got into Norse mythology, but I have been curious about the Celtic. I feel there's a lot of new age spirituality attached to Celtic mythology right now, so I would be very curious to find out how much historical mythology we know and how we know it.

Thank you!

This is just a head picture, but it's my favorite so far. He likes to smell the roses after we run in the morning.

A mochi cake pic will have to wait, though I plan to try to make it again sometime soon.

The first thing I learned about Celtic mythology is that it encompasses several cultures. There are the Welsh, Gaelic, Irish pantheons...I think? Probably more. The main issue with recovering historically accurate information is the druids insisted on passing down knowledge through oral tradition, which didn't age well after the Christians took over. I've been following a Youtuber by the name of Scarlet Ravenswood. She comes across very well-educated goes over a lot of historical topics related to paganism and how we can respectfully revive forms of it.

Thanks for letting me ramble. sweatdrop

User Image  

Red Mage Foxie

6,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Marathon 300

RamboTiger

Friendly Tycoon

8,700 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:40 pm
Parade of the Tall Foxes
Hello!

Welcome! My fav breed of dog is husky so thats really cool to see. I always was more into Greek mythology myself but so many books about it made it easy to get into when I was younger lol  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:29 pm
Parade of the Tall Foxes
tulin13
Parade of the Tall Foxes

Thank you!

This is just a head picture, but it's my favorite so far. He likes to smell the roses after we run in the morning.

A mochi cake pic will have to wait, though I plan to try to make it again sometime soon.

The first thing I learned about Celtic mythology is that it encompasses several cultures. There are the Welsh, Gaelic, Irish pantheons...I think? Probably more. The main issue with recovering historically accurate information is the druids insisted on passing down knowledge through oral tradition, which didn't age well after the Christians took over. I've been following a Youtuber by the name of Scarlet Ravenswood. She comes across very well-educated goes over a lot of historical topics related to paganism and how we can respectfully revive forms of it.

Thanks for letting me ramble. sweatdrop

User Image

What a perfect doggo photo crying

Please feel free to ramble ahead of make a mythology discussion in the Chatterbox part of the guild, I am sure there are others would be interested in reading and sharing resources too!

I studied Druidry a bit during my degree. As far as I remember Druidry seems to be divided up into three groups, the historical side, the New Age Pagan side and the King Arthur side. I've explored some of the New Age Pagan folks and have visited their ceremonies, very interesting. I will have to look up this Youtuber 3nodding  

tulin13

Crew

Friendly Wolf

11,400 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

alienli

Friendly Tipper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:05 am
Hello there!
My name Rose, I'm 29, married to a huge nerd, we have a lovely little russian blue cat named Dr. Eli Vance. I'm currently unemployed, but that will hopefully be changing soon! I used to stream on twitch, but I think I'm going to start making youtube let's plays instead, I didn't really like.... the twitch style of things.
I wish I had more interesting stuff to put, but life is kiiinda boring right now.
sweatdrop

edit: oh also, i'm working on making an adult's only lgbtq+ guild, if anyone's interested pm me! ♥ definitely gonna need some trusty crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:49 am
alienli
Hello there!
My name Rose, I'm 29, married to a huge nerd, we have a lovely little russian blue cat named Dr. Eli Vance. I'm currently unemployed, but that will hopefully be changing soon! I used to stream on twitch, but I think I'm going to start making youtube let's plays instead, I didn't really like.... the twitch style of things.
I wish I had more interesting stuff to put, but life is kiiinda boring right now.
sweatdrop

edit: oh also, i'm working on making an adult's only lgbtq+ guild, if anyone's interested pm me! ♥ definitely gonna need some trusty crew

Hello and welcome. Sorry for being like a month late. Things have been slow in guild for a little while, the discord is more active.  

all_winters_eve
Crew

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:10 pm
Hey.
Name is Sarah. Age:35. Married, no kids. Bi curious. i do love flirting. i don't have hobbies. I'm specisl needs adult and I like chatting. Feel free to ask about my disability (TBI). I don't keep it private. Hmm...I make origami...I'm really fun but...no one gives me a shot. I color and read. Sadly, I do not work or drive. My husband is my caretaker. I dunno. Ask stuff. I'll tell you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:35 pm
Green_crayon42
Hey.
Name is Sarah. Age:35. Married, no kids. Bi curious. i do love flirting. i don't have hobbies. I'm specisl needs adult and I like chatting. Feel free to ask about my disability (TBI). I don't keep it private. Hmm...I make origami...I'm really fun but...no one gives me a shot. I color and read. Sadly, I do not work or drive. My husband is my caretaker. I dunno. Ask stuff. I'll tell you.

So many questions...
Why don't you have hobbies? Is origami not a hobby? How did you pick up tbi? Did you drive, job and hobby prior?

I probably have more but I'll stop there.  

all_winters_eve
Crew

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:11 am
all_winters_eve
Green_crayon42
Hey.

So many questions...
Why don't you have hobbies? Is origami not a hobby? How did you pick up tbi? Did you drive, job and hobby prior?

Alright. I drown at 21 months and was oxygen deprived for some time. I have brain damage. Traumatic Brain Injury.
According to that, I'm unable to do so many things. Drive, play an instrument, and play team sports. And that's from hand-eye co ordination and timing. My problems lie in emotional, psychological and mental realms for the most part.
Origami is a hobby. I don't have too many creative outlets. or outlets at all.
Since it happed at age 2, I have no idea what life was before.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:02 pm
Green_crayon42
all_winters_eve
Green_crayon42
Hey.

So many questions...

Alright. I drown at 21 months and was oxygen deprived for some time. I have brain damage. Traumatic Brain Injury.
According to that, I'm unable to do so many things. Drive, play an instrument, and play team sports. And that's from hand-eye co ordination and timing. My problems lie in emotional, psychological and mental realms for the most part.

Sounds rough, thank you for sharing though.  

all_winters_eve
Crew

Green_crayon42

Interesting Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:15 pm
all_winters_eve
Green_crayon42
all_winters_eve
Green_crayon42
Hey.

So many questions...

Sounds rough, thank you for sharing though.

Eh, it can be. Ask any other questions you'd like.  
Dear Gaia Community (18+)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff