Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:18 pm
this Christmas season.

I recently purchased a $25 GC for Jamba Juice and got a free $5 extra.

I'm considering going to Togo's tonight before class because they're giving a free 6" sandwich with the purchase of a $25 GC.

I mean, these are all places I frequent anyhow, so... why not?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:25 pm
I was actually thinking of buying gift cards for the remainder of the people I was thinking of buying gifts for.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

TheLuckyOne149

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:21 am
Wow, that sounds like it's pretty good. I hope this helps answer your question. Take care of yourself!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:43 am
Vikabro
I was actually thinking of buying gift cards for the remainder of the people I was thinking of buying gifts for.

I try avoiding buying them as gifts, although I will say once I got a $100 GC at Jack in the Box for my partner. I put it in a little sleeve, then found a box that fit it just right and wrapped it, then found a slightly larger box and wrapped it, then a slightly larger one than that...

I managed to nest 13 boxes around it, and in the end it was in a box the size that holds a mini fridge.

It was hilarious to watch him open it on Christmas morning, to say the least.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:50 pm
Zphal
Vikabro

I try avoiding buying them as gifts, although I will say once I got a $100 GC at Jack in the Box for my partner. I put it in a little sleeve, then found a box that fit it just right and wrapped it, then found a slightly larger box and wrapped it, then a slightly larger one than that...

I managed to nest 13 boxes around it, and in the end it was in a box the size that holds a mini fridge.

It was hilarious to watch him open it on Christmas morning, to say the least.
To be honest I usually don't go for gift cards either. Though after thinking about it I might go to Five Below for the rest of what I have to get.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:09 pm
Regal has their holiday seasonal "Buy $50+ in gift cards and get a free $10 concessions gift card (good for the month of Jan & Feb)." Good for those simple gift areas for family, friends, or occasionally we get people getting them for those auction baskets. "Little bit for them, little bit for me"... or whatever they want to do with the freebie gift card. xd

I don't mind getting gift cards... as long as they're for places I regularly frequent. It's always frustrating getting ones for places I've never been to before and I'm always like... "What the hell am I going to get at this place?"  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:22 pm
I've only once had an issue getting a gift card that I wasn't able to use. Though to be fair it was from a family member who doesn't know me too well. The card for a restaurant I very rarely go to.

Most of the time I get gift cards it is usually either iTunes or Amazon. If not those then it's one of those gift cards that can be used anywhere.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:58 am
Vikabro
I've only once had an issue getting a gift card that I wasn't able to use. Though to be fair it was from a family member who doesn't know me too well. The card for a restaurant I very rarely go to.

I still use the gift cards I get for the places I don't regularly frequent. I just have to go out of my way to go to said place to use it. whee  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:14 pm
Prof. Moonie
Vikabro

I still use the gift cards I get for the places I don't regularly frequent. I just have to go out of my way to go to said place to use it. whee
Thats good.

As for that one card. I probably would have used it eventually if I had not lost it.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games