Hello, Happy 2020 New year!

New member to the guild here, and the name is Poots.
I have been a devoted Christian just recently, being baptized in 2017.
For some, 2017 isn't so recent, but for me, as much as I try to be "good", I've struggled with denying myself in ways where sometimes I can't tell if I am condemning myself, or ignoring the conviction to change.

I know that trying to "be good" is not what God requires of me solely, but truly believing and loving His son Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior; that is where I can find sanctification in myself to change if I just keep pursuing Him.
Since God is Good, then my source of goodness comes from Him right?

This might be a weird way of introducing myself, but I thought it would help open up a conversation about what it's like (For me) right now as I walk the Christian faith. It's a little vague of what I wrote, and I can go into further detail, but I hope others would like to share what it's like with their walk with God too.

My relationship with God is good, but it could be better.

If I can focus one thing to strengthen my relationship with God, is being more obedient to His Will, and to not pursue and come with my own agenda this year.

Here's a verse that comes to mind as I try to de-clutter what thoughts that have been troubling me lately.

Romans 12:2
2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.