[PRP] falling into you [ soui + tsuyat & dragons

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:13 am
It'd been over a turn since she'd seen him and Soui honestly....wasn't sure how to feel. There had been so much that had happened between the last time Soui saw her cousin and today, the day they agreed to meet on a neutral territory beach. It was impossible for them to go to either Weyr still, with the bad blood between the pair not quite cooled despite how calm and collected the past hatchings had been, and so a random beach they'd both be able to find had been chosen. Soui scouted it out sevendays prior before sending a message, giving Tsuyat plenty of time to accept or refuse. He had accepted and so here she was, wearing a sundress despite the season.

A breeze blew around her and ruffled her clothing and hair, whipping them around gently as the rider raised a hand up to keep it from her eyes. Was this the right thing to do? There were still so many feelings she had towards her cousin and Twin - ha, would he allow her to call him that still? Neither of them had been there for her the day she Impressed to Museth, and she had celebrated her nameday without them in a cold and soft silence. Museth had been there of course, but it had been a sad pain that left a summer day freezing. "Is...is this the right thing to do?" She looked over at her dragon who rested nearby, the white looking like a pristine jewel shining on the sands. Soui had taken great pains to ensure Museth looked nothing short of stunning for this meeting, as it was important for her cousin and his to love Hers. Like, ridiculously important. "He didn't sound so sure or happy in all his notes, and when Remedy came back he looked unsettled too."

Museth rumbled and shifted, adjusting one of her delicate wings so as to get a bit more sun. It was a tad bit chilly with the breeze, though as the sun peaked through the clouds it remained plenty warm outside of the shade. You can't be sure of how he felt through just words on paper. Writing doesn't convey tone. The white lowered her head down to nuzzle her rider as Soui walked over and placed a hand on her muzzle. The rumble happened again, soft and affectionate, as dragon eyes whirled a loving purple mixed with a hint of blue humor. I'm excited to meet them both, with how much you love them. I was almost worried when I looked to you that I'd have to fight for room in your heart considering how much space they both took.

"!!! I'd never!" The rumble turned to laughter. Museth always seems far more ladylike and serious around her siblings and cousins, all other dragons in general. It was only around Soui that she allowed herself to open tease and laugh. "...I just want them to love you. I didn't get to introduce you when we first became lifemates and since you're so important to me I want you to be important to them too."

That's rather selfish, Mine. Though her words could be taken harshly they were spoken gently, and Soui felt her face redden. Anxiety-caused tears pricked at the corners of her eyes as her lips pursed themselves into a pout. Despite how mature she was, how she carried herself, Soui was still only fifteen. Sometimes conversations like this with her dragon drove that home, and so she just leaned her face into the white's muzzle, leaving it there as she waited.

Hattaki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:15 pm
The beach.

Well, not the beach that everything in the past had happened on, but a beach, far away from both Weyrs where tensions were still high at one and exasperation higher at the other. It was for the best, even if the original intent had been to head to his parent's home Hold, neutral ground, somewhere that both would feel somewhat safe. Then again Tsuyat wasn't entirely certain how 'safe' Soui, a white rider at the most colorist Weyr on all Pern, felt and maybe this was her idea of safety. Wind snapped at Yudueth's wingsails but the bronze said nothing, simply allowing the wind to work with him by shifting and catching the correct thermals and breezes. In his ears the straps chattered a little but the cool air blew all of his concern and anxiety away.

One with the wind and air, one with all the peace Pern had to offer on an off-schedule day.

It has been far too long, even with your letters. There's only so much that one can do when the door is closed to spend more than a passing moment at one Weyr. That's not the problem and you know it. With the life returned to his bronze, via a more than passing interest in the attentions of a beautiful looking green lady, Tsuyat had begun to take stock of himself and realized that all the time had damaged him nearly as bad as his bronze. Who would want to look at their family member and see the depths that they had fallen in on themselves in their grief and self inflicted guilt for the maiming of another? Even now Yudueth would tinge a magnificent color of grey just seeing Kolosoth and his rider who lacked an arm thanks to their own mistake in the moment.

Those sorts of guilt and grief didn't go away easily. It had been the bottom of a bottle, the gruff snarl that came from Tsuyat, that had begun to take their recovery longer as Yudueth's own grief drug him down even further. Neither had helped the other with their suffering the way that they needed. Even riders and their dragons could be out of sync from time to time and it was all the more dangerous when they were. It had... been repaired. For the most part. It was this last little interaction that they needed to overcome to possibly get themselves back to where they needed to be.

No more stalling. For either of them. There was no time to afford it.

Wide wings surged and they were pulled up further and further into the air, an image sent to them by Museth pulled them Between and out into the warmth of sunlight and the chilling whistle of winter winds. Even here, it was cold enough that Tsuyat was glad for the jacket and warmer clothing he layered on just in case. As was common with the Southern Isles in the warmer parts of Pern, they tended to not feel the bitter bite of the North too terribly. Between itself was colder than anything it had to offer, still he was used to heat aplenty after Turns.

A loud trumpet of greeting escaped from Yudueth as he circled through the sky, his yellow eyes lighting on the small white form of Museth with Soui beside her. They stood out amidst of sea of tan and blue quite easily, but if the small bronze took a few moments floating through the sky slower than he normally would have, he would blame it entirely upon the stiffness from broken bones healed only a few months back. Certainly not upon his own concerns about meeting up with his twin once more after being such a fool, sparing his rider a few moments of breathing as well.

Small twin, it's good to see you again and to finally meet yours after all this time. the bronze offered by way of greeting, his hind legs touching the sand first before the rest of him settled, only sliding the smallest big with such a landing. His wings tucked carefully at his sides as he inclined his head to Museth calmly, waiting for Tsuyat to undo the straps about him and slide down from his shoulder before sitting quietly to watch.

A sheepish look was present on Tsuyat's face and a box beneath one arm as he walked towards the small pair on the sand, his hair freshly cut and finally cleaned up from the disasterpiece he'd been for months. "Well she's the most beautiful thing to come out of High Reaches yet I'd wager." Certainly Museth was a sight to behold even if his cousin had told him all about her, it paled in comparison to meeting her.

houllow

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out