Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Whats your interpretation on Revelation?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hypercalvinist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:18 am
Hello dear brethren in Christ.
I have been dealing with the revelation of John for a few weeks and read a lot about it. Since I have only been a Christian for 2 years, I do not have much experience here and try to understand the events in it as well as possible.

Now I wanted to know from you how you feel about revelation and what possible interpretations you know. I have heard that there are many dispensationalists and amillennialists. I also heard of preterism.
I'm looking forward to your responses smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:27 am
I am a futurist. I believe that what Revelation is telling us is happening in a not too distant future. As for "The Rapture" I believe there are good grounds to consider it an event to happen after the tribulation. Meaning that God's saints are going to have to live through this time. It is in keeping with the voices of the Martyrs under the alter crying out for God's justice. The book of Daniel also contains visions of the events described in Revelation. It is a good lens through which to read and understand Revelation better.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Hypercalvinist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:11 am
Garland-Green
I am a futurist. I believe that what Revelation is telling us is happening in a not too distant future. As for "The Rapture" I believe there are good grounds to consider it an event to happen after the tribulation. Meaning that God's saints are going to have to live through this time. It is in keeping with the voices of the Martyrs under the alter crying out for God's justice. The book of Daniel also contains visions of the events described in Revelation. It is a good lens through which to read and understand Revelation better.

Thank you, Sir!
I have a lot of dispensationalist friends, they would agree with you on all points. I'm a little more careful. The apostles were all convinced to live in the end times.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:25 am
If you are interested I have posted a couple of studies that are worth a read:

Book of Daniel Bible Study: The Key to Bible Prophecy

And

Behind the Scenes of History- The Book of Revelation  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers