Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:19 pm
User Image

Iwe was a proud soldier in the Pridelands, which was an unusual thing but he embraced it wholeheartedly. He wasn't born here but he had chosen this as his home, he was starting to think the stars had guided him here for just this purpose. These lions needed those who were willing to step up and fight back, even against the gods. And since they had.. things had quieted down significantly. Unfortunately, the situation had not come to any satisfying conclusion and Iwe would not be convinced that this was the end of it until he had seen an end. He wasn't a scout but he put himself on patrol, even alone, just to help keep an eye on things. He didn't wander far but he didn't need to.

"It's getting late," he murmured to himself, perching on a hilltop and staring out across the savanna. Darkness provided good cover for shading doings so naturally, he was out and about waiting for night. Ready to catch anything strange and unusual.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The sun was setting and it was providing such a dazzling show. The long shadows that were being cast by the landscape were a stark contrast to the splash of colours in the sky. Ranko was walking at a leisurely pace to enjoy the spectacle around him. He should return home before his family might worry, but it was hard to move quickly when his eyes wanted to pick up every detail he was seeing.

Everything had been quiet for a while, and it was hard to worry about an unseen threat when what had happened here was so long ago. Everything was good, right? He figured he would just enjoy each day (and night) as it happened. He was trying to not trip on his pass as he looked around at the diminishing light. “So pretty...”  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:31 pm
Iwe was watching as the sun set, keeping his attention firmly on the ground. He spotted a pale, unfamiliar lion wandering about, the only moving thing nearby, and it drew his attention. He didn't seem particularly graceful or to be moving with any purpose.. at a distance he almost looked like he one of the royals but there was something odd about his coloration.

A quick scan around confirmed there wasn't much else going on so he decided to go investigate this stray lion directly. He could wait and the darkness would make him stealthy but he didn't have any reason not to be seen yet.

"Hello there," he called, approaching Ranko. He looked serious but not especially threatening.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:55 pm
“Ahh!”

Ranko stupidly didn’t expect anyone to be there, so he couldn’t help but let out a yelp when someone startled him. It *was* dark, and he wasn’t really paying careful attention to his surroundings other than the pretty colours all around him. When he took a moment to look at the one who nearly shocked him out of life, at least the fellow male didn’t look hostile. Just... wary.

“C-can I help you?” Ranko stupidly asked, not sure who he was talking to or if somehow he was in trouble. He was nothing more than a hunter, but he should have higher aspirations for his family’s honor.  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:04 pm
A nervous one, he noted. Made it all the more bizarre that he was out and about by himself in the dark. It wasn't a crime but it made him wonder about the fellow's intelligence.. or maybe it was a sign of just how relaxed the pride had gotten in the silence.

"Just keeping an eye on things," he said, "You headed somewhere in particular?"

In the back of his mind he heard the oft-repeated criticism of his methods. He seemed just as suspicious as anybody he might target when he aggressively approached and asked questions like this. He wasn't sure it mattered much but he reluctantly went on to introduce himself, just in case it helped.

"I'm Iwe," he said, "And I'm just trying to keep an eye on things around here."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:34 pm
Ranko has to take a moment to let his heart slow down. It felt like it wanted to leap out of his chest and deep in the ground. His eyes had probably been wide for a moment, but the creamy male was doing his best to recompose himself so he wouldn’t sound like an idiot... just act like one. Which was better, and which was worse? With an inward sigh, he refocused his energy on the dark male before him.

“I was just taking a detour before returning home. This area is so pretty, you see, so I was trying to absorb the various lights and colours that the sunset was displaying....” and he was probably sounding like an idiot. The Pridelands didn’t seem like a terrible place to live, but it wasn’t like they were an artistic pride, either. He probably sounded ridiculous.

“I-I am Ranko,” he replied in kind when Iwe offered his name. “You can never be too safe,” he replied a bit timidly.  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:14 pm
Iwe paused, tilting his head at the response he got. He definitely wasn't the type to stop and smell the flowers in his daily life and running into someone who did was really odd to him. But, well, that wasn't a crime either and it would have been a terrible excuse if he was up to something shady.. somehow Iwe could just tell that Ranko wasn't really up to something.

Iwe was, of course, an excellent judge of character.

This one was just a strange old man. Old.. ish man. Older.

"OK, well, you should keep going, then," he said, "It's been quiet lately but you can't trust that. A year to us could be a minute to the gods."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:30 pm
Ranko have a shiver to Iwe’s reasoning that he should hurry off to home. Home was somewhat safer than being out in the open here, but after last years disaster, he wasn’t completely convinced that anywhere would be safe from a god’s wrath. But he wasn’t about to open his mouth to debate that at the moment. Ranko was not a debater, and he didn’t think he would do a very good job explaining his position.

“I agree,” he said with a bob of his head. “It was a bit hard to resist the colours of the sky this evening, so I let my paws slow down. I can hurry on home.” He didn’t know much about the male before him, and assumed he was a scout of some sort. “Will you be continuing your patrol, Iwe?” Him being lone seemed a bit odd, but the cream coated male assumed that they had to overlap areas and shifts to keep an eye on everyone. No more disappearances had happened since that disaster in the sky, at least...  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:36 pm
"For a little while longer, at least until the other patrols get out here," he said with a small smile. When a soldier wasn't fighting, it made sense to help out the scouts, not that this stranger really knew anything about him. The scouts sometimes thought differently, not all of them appreciated Iwe involving himself so much in all of this. Too bad for them, Iwe didn't care.

"Have a good night, Ranko."

He'd wait for Ranko to get moving again and then he'd go off to continue his surveillance.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:45 pm
Curt and professional. Well, Ranko didn’t have much else to say in regards to what Iwe was telling him. He should trust him after all, yes? So the creamy lion bobbed his head, his mane shaking along with the movement. “Sounds good. Stay safe on your patrol, and perhaps I’ll run into you again while the sun is still out.”

Ranko was a friendly dude, and he couldn’t help but say something nice in return. He offered another kind nod of acknowledgement before turning to directly walk home. He knew better than to test boundaries, and he wasn’t that sort of male either.

He’d get home safe, still thinking about the beauty all around him he had drunk in that evening.  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas