Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Fite Club ~ [[Open 2061 - 2062]] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:14 pm
Fɪᴛᴇ Cʟᴜʙ
User Image

Fite Club is a martial arts club where students of any experience level can learn and practice martial arts principles and fighting techniques, with an emphasis on hand-to-hand combat. In addition to building discipline and sportsmanship through training, members can learn self-defense techniques that don’t break the Statute of Secrecy.

Rules/ Requirements:
1. The first rule of Fite Club is you do not talk about Fite Club!
2. We’re here to learn the art of fighting! So...there will be combat! That said, don’t intentionally hurt people. We always have a student or professor who can do Healing to supervise, but please don’t try to hurt anyone!
3. Be respectful to those more experienced and be kind to those less experienced.
4. Never intentionally hurt anyone during sparring! If they say stop or go limp or otherwise signal to stop, stop-- the match is over.
5. Don’t use your martial arts outside of practice except for self defense!

Practice is Tuesday evenings 21:00- 23:00 in the dungeon chamber level 2, the same room as the fencing club.

Club founder: Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:16 pm

Cʟᴜʙ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ
(2047 - 2052) Aidene Azura Kieran -- Ravenclaw
(2052 - 2055) Mackenna Butler -- Gryffindor
(2055 - present) Jade Morris -- Hufflepuff

Rᴇsɪᴅᴇɴᴛ Hᴇᴀʟᴇʀs:
(2047 - 2049) Vespera Salazar -- Slytherin
(2049 - 2050) Brennie Findlay-Abrams -- Hufflepuff
(2050 - present) Marni Kavanagh -- school nurse

Mᴇᴍʙᴇʀs 2056-2057:
Matilda Harper -- Gryffindor
Zack Knapp[/url -- Gryffindor
Lucian Valentine -- Slytherin

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:17 pm
Aɴɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs
Meeting 1: ~Kicks and stuff.
~Also talk about any particular styles or things people want to learn.
~We’ll occasionally discuss blending wandless magic in.

Generally practice goes as so:
  • Stretches/ warm up kicks
  • Demonstration + Practice of a particular technique
  • Short discussion of use cases for ^ technique.
  • Sparring Practice
  • People can stay after to keep practicing too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:20 pm
Fᴏʀᴍ:

[url=PROFILE LINK] {name} [/url] - [color=firebrick/goldenrod/darkblue/darkgreen] {year} year {house} [/color]
[b]Any prior experience with martial arts?[/b]: {prior experience--please include style and years of experience if applicable}
[b]What are you hoping to get out of the club?[/b] {Any motivations}
[b]Do you so solemnly swear not to intentionally hurt anyone else during any sparring?[/b] {Agree pls}
[b]Do you so solemnly swear never to use the techniques taught except in practice or self defense?[/b] {Agree pls}

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:23 pm
~reserved just in case~  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:31 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

fourth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club doodler || Astronomy Club pâtissière || Adventurer's Guild rogue || Cooking Club challenger
Dueling Club duelist || Fencing club squire || Martial Arts Club founder || Quidditch beater

Aidene only had Cursebreaking first block on Tuesdays this year. Usually this meant she would spend the day on her hobbies, cooking and making little doll dresses, but she had promised her dad that she would actually turn in her homework if she was going to run her club, so...Tuesday afternoon, Aidene could be found sprawled on the training mat, set up hours ago, writing her homework.

Today she finished drawing a meme for transfiguration, gathered some ingredients for a light unsweetened tea, and then and started stretching and warming up before the club officially started. Having established it midway through last year, Aidene was fairly comfortable by now with leading the club, but she was eager for some new (and old) faces and to show off her brand new blue belt. It wasn't...particularly high, but she had good years of practice behind this belt!

When the first person arrived, she scrambled up, remembering the club forms. She posted a banner up as well, because if they couldn't talk about it...at least there should be some direction what this place was!

[b]Name[b]: [url=PROFILE LINK] {name} [/url]
[b]Year[/b]: {year}
[b]House[/b]: {house}
[b]Any prior experience with martial arts?[/b]: {prior experience--please include style and years of experience if applicable}
[b]Do you so solemnly swear not to intentionally hurt anyone else during any sparring?[/b] {Agree pls}
[b]Do you so solemnly swear never to use the techniques taught except in practice or self defense?[/b] {Agree pls}

”QUOTING”

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

A time will come
When you'll have to rise
Above the best and prove yourself
Your spirit never dies!

~"Warriors" by Imagine Dragons, from League of Legends, Cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:28 pm
User Image
♖ Brook ♖ Knapp ♖
♖Fourth Year♖
♖Cooking Club Captain ♖ Fencing Captain ♖ Music Club Bagpiper ♖ Quidditch Team Chaser ♖
User Image
▬▬"Happy girls are the prettiest, don't you think?"▬▬

Brook didn't need to be in another club, but this was Aidene, and this was her fencing room. She grinned as she laid down in the floor, next to where Aidene had just been. "I hereby set a new rule Aidene Keiran. You mess up my fencing room or my fencing equipment, I will mess you up and your fite club. We will fight, and I will win." She grinned at her friend, her crush, just to be sure that Aidene knew Brook was joking with her. She held up her hand and said to Aidene, "A form, m'lady?" Aidene handed Brook a form and Brook rolled over to fill it out, then held it back in the air for Aidene, then began stretching some from her floor position. She then quickly sat up and glanced around, eyeballing all the corners of the room, "I'm disappointed in you Aidene. I don't see snacks readily available. Should I bring my own next time?" That should be feasible, she was in charge of cooking club and was getting a few tips on how to make things without needing to bake or cook them, something Brook could definitely handle.

Name: Brook Rebecca Olivia Oakley Knapp
Year: Fourth
House: Ravenclaw
Any prior experience with martial arts?: Last year, obvs. And fencing if that counts.
What are you hoping to get out of the club? You. And to have some defense that doesn't require a wand or a weapon.
Do you so solemnly swear not to intentionally hurt anyone else during any sparring? Of course
Do you so solemnly swear never to use the techniques taught except in practice or self defense? I can't use them against Aldrick?...fine.

▬▬"I think I'll share my food, that'll make her happy, right?"▬▬

Where & Who: Braidene <3 Fite Club
Thinking about: Aidene, do you know Karate? Cause your body is kicking
Brook Description: 5'2" tall with brown hair and blue eyes.
Wearing: Purple pants, green tanktop

addaellis

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:35 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃User Image
Seventh Year Slytherin

▬▬"A healer is someone who seeks to be the light"▬▬

Ves walked in to see Brook and Aidene in the room, she smiled and waved at the two of them, before picking a corner and sitting in it. From here she could easily view all the action, and determine if there were any injuries, ot be readily available for some healing, or at least a helping hand. When Aidene asked her to be the in-house healer, Vespera agreed. She would do her best, and in the worst case, she could take a person to the hospital wing.

Vespera sighed and opened her NEWT homework for transfiguration. Might as well make good use of the time here? She began writing her essay, but doodled a little on the top, and realized she wouldn't' be able to do homework. So, she switched to writing a love letter instead. Writing she could do, right? She had tried asking her crush out on a date, but realized, she didn't have anywhere to take her on a date to. At least with a little letter, they could begin to approach the topic?

▬▬ "that she wishes she had in her darkest moments." ▬▬

Where: Fite Club
With Whom: Aidene and Brook
Thinking about: Plumbers are red, hedgehogs are blue, press start to join, and be my number 2? Nope.
Vespera Description: Short 4'9", blond hair, green eyes
Wearing: Black leggings, purple frilly top.

addaellis

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 10:18 pm
User Image

Aɪᴅᴇɴᴇ Aᴢᴜʀᴀ Kɪᴇʀᴀɴ

fifth year || Ravenclaw || pureblood
Art Club doodler || Astronomy Club pâtissière || Adventurer's Guild warlock || Cooking Club challenger
Dueling Club duelist || Fencing club senior || Fite Club founder || Quidditch beater

Fite club was Aidene’s dear project, created as a way to try to find others who might like martial arts at Hogwarts, and to keep up her own practice over the year.

Aidene got to the dungeon room early after class to set up: She left a pitcher of chilled grapefruit lemonade and a thermos of hot pumpkin juice on a chair with some cups, another chair with forms, and a third chair for Brennie. She didn’t have Vespera around to heal this year, but had managed to ask Brennie before the first meeting of the year. Thankfully, he’d agreed. She really ought to do this before the end of the year! On his chair she set a box of double-chocolate- and-nutella thank you cupcakes.

That done, Aidene started her own stretches, then moved on to reviewing jumpkicks and spinkicks as she waited for people. Even if it was just Brook and her and Brennie supervising, she could use all the practice she could get!

[b]Name[b]: [url=PROFILE LINK] {name} [/url]
[b]Year[/b]: {year}
[b]House[/b]: {house}

NOTE!

The first meeting of Fite club will run now through May 31st; on June 1st, a mid year/ first or second meeting of the new semester post will open! I'll tag anyone posted in the first meeting, but just in case!

”QUOTING”

Tell me where do I go
Tell me where do I take us
Your heart is starting to slow
May the water be safer
As I dive in

~"As We Fall" from League of Legends.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:56 am
User ImageUser Image

Yukina101

addaellis

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 8:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                      ғιnally recover wнen тнe мood ιѕ rιgнт
                                      looĸιng υp ιnтo a neon ѕĸy
                                      cнιld ιn мe тaĸeѕ over, gυeѕѕ ιт'ѕ вeen тoo long
                                      ѕιnce тнe laѕт тιмe тнaт ι тrιed тo ғly

spaceKendall had to admit, he was a little nervous, coming into the club. He'd wanted to join when it first opened, really, but he'd not been confident in his ability to keep his temper under control. Now that he was more comfortable and had a better sense of self, that wasn't such an issue. He would be honest with the club captain, of course, but it'd been ages since he picked any sort of fights (even ones he thought were justified), so he reasoned he could be trusted to keep it under control in a setting where it was all business. Truth as, he wanted the physical outlet. This was something of a test run, really; if all went well, he was hoping to start a proper class after graduation.

ι don'т ĸnow ιғ ι'll вe alrιgнт, ιѕ ιт oĸay тo вe мyѕelғ?
                                      wнy do we alwayѕ нave тo ғιgнт? now ι ĸnow ιт'ѕ alrιgнт
                                      ғιnally ι ғιnd wнen ι loѕe conтrol, ιnѕιde мy вody crυмвleѕ
                                      ιт'ѕ lιĸe тнerapy ғor мy вroĸen ѕoυl, ιnѕιde мy вody crυмвleѕ

Name: Kendall Saunders
                                      Year: 7th
                                      House: Gryffindor
                                      Any prior experience with martial arts?: A little personal experience with boxing, but no formal training
                                      What are you hoping to get out of the club? I've always been interested in martial arts, I just never felt in-control enough to pursue it as an interest until now
                                      Do you so solemnly swear not to intentionally hurt anyone else during any sparring? Swear it
                                      Do you so solemnly swear never to use the techniques taught except in practice or self defense? Swear it

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:22 pm
Sometimes it's raisin' your voice
Sometimes it's makin' some noise
Sometimes it's provin' to the world it was wrong
Whenever you can't see the light
Whenever there's no end in sight
Keep on, keep on moving on

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Slyтнerιɴ Fιrѕт Yeαr 💯 Socιαl Medια Bυrɴoυт 🔥 Aɢe 11😎

*★,°*:.☆( ̄▽ ̄)/$:*.°★* 。Viv was trying very hard not to seem as anxious and desponded as she actually was but she felt like she was failing as Kenna kept reiterating that everything was fine and she'd be fun. This and swimming lessons, there should've been some sort of warning attached to the other girl's hand of friendship "possibility of doing dangerous and slightly terrifying things on a near weekly basis, no returns." Not that she would, obviously. As annoying as it sometimes was, she could admit that if she didn't have Kenna around making her do this type of stuff she probably wouldn't get out her bubble as often. Plus after this she was dragging the hyperactive girl to the gardening club so that was something nice to look forward to. They arrived at the room sooner than she'd like and, of course, Kenna made enough noise for the both of them introducing them to what she supposed was their leader (she looked barely older than they were!) while she worked on grabbing a form. Viv rolled her eyes as her friend emphasized how excited they were to be there and making sure to make eye contact like she'd run at any moment. Blast. "Super duper excited." Viv tacked on with a nervous smile.

Keep on moving on
Here comes a breakthrough, here comes a day
Here comes a moment that you gotta go for it so don't let it get away
It's all about breakthrough, just turn the page
'Cause everyday I'm getting closer, life is just a roller-coaster
Devlyn Maycry

addaellis

Name: Vivyan Frank
Year: First
House: Slytherin
Any prior experience with martial arts?: None
What are you hoping to get out of the club? Alive hopefully
Do you so solemnly swear not to intentionally hurt anyone else during any sparring? Definitely
Do you so solemnly swear never to use the techniques taught except in practice or self defense? Double definitely

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:34 pm
User ImageUser Image

тнιѕ ιѕ нow ιт worĸѕ, yoυ're yoυng υnтιl yoυ're noт
                                                      yoυ love υnтιl yoυ don'т, yoυ тry υnтιl yoυ can'т
                                                      yoυ laυgн υnтιl yoυ cry, yoυ cry υnтιl yoυ laυgн
                                                      and everyone мυѕт вreaтнe υnтιl тнeιr dyιng вreaтн

spaceRoland had never really bothered with clubs before, but this year he'd admitted to himself that there were some things he'd like to do. Namely, he was interested in the combat-oriented classes. He still had a bit of that childhood love of superheroes, plus sparring with Ivy was good exercise. he'd like to not get his arse handed to him when he went home for the holidays, thanks. He knew she'd win, of course, but he could at least put up a better fight. Couldn't do that, though, if he was rusty from not practicing. This seemed like a good way to keep that from happening.

no, тнιѕ ιѕ нow ιт worĸѕ, yoυ peer ιnѕιde yoυrѕelғ
                                                      yoυ тaĸe тнe тнιngѕ yoυ lιĸe and тry тo love тнe тнιngѕ yoυ тooĸ
                                                      and тнen yoυ тaĸe тнaт love yoυ мade and ѕтιcĸ ιт ιnтo ѕoмe
                                                      ѕoмeone elѕe'ѕ нearт, pυмpιng ѕoмeone elѕe'ѕ вlood

Name: Roland Bishop
                                                      Year: 5th
                                                      House: Hufflepuff
                                                      Any prior experience with martial arts?: My older sister's taught me some basic self-defense stuff from various forms. I'm mostly a grappler.
                                                      What are you hoping to get out of the club? Exercise, plus I like sparring with my sister.
                                                      Do you so solemnly swear not to intentionally hurt anyone else during any sparring? Of course
                                                      Do you so solemnly swear never to use the techniques taught except in practice or self defense? Absolutely

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

ώhεṉ τhε ḋεṿïl ïṡ τøø вυṡÿ αṉḋ ḋεατh'ṡ α вïτ τøø ṃυсh
                                                  τhεÿ сαll øṉ ṃε, вÿ ṉαṃε ÿøυ ṡεε ƒøɾ ṃÿ ṡρεсïαl τøυсh
                                                  τø τhε ģεṉτlεṃεṉ ï'ṃ ṃïṡṡ ƒøɾτυṉε τø τhε lαḋïεṡ ï'ṃ ṡïɾ ρɾïʐε
                                                  вυτ сαll ṃε вÿ αṉÿ ṉαṃε αṉÿ ώαÿ ïτ'ṡ αll τhε ṡαṃε

spacePietro was not, by any stretch of the imagination, a violent person. He didn't really care for violence. But, he wasn't enough of an idiot to not know that sometimes, violence just happened around people. Also, he knew that the activities of this club did not actually qualify as violence. Practicing martial arts was a long and time-honored tradition, and he was happy to participate. Also also, he had a lot of energy and had trouble sitting still in lessons. This was one more thing that would (hopefully) wear him out somewhat, and still his constant wriggling. He hoped.

ï ρlεḋģε ṃÿ αllεģïαṉсε τø αll τhïṉģṡ ḋαɾќ
                                                  αṉḋ ï ρɾøṃïṡε øṉ ṃÿ ḋαṃṉεḋ ṡøυl τø ḋø αṡ ï αṃ τølḋ
                                                  løɾḋ вεεlʐεвυв αṡ ṉεṿεɾ ṡεεṉ α ṡølḋïεɾ συïτε lïќε ṃε
                                                  ṉøτ øṉlÿ ḋøεṡ hïṡ јøв вυτ ḋøεṡ ïτ hαρρïlÿ

Name: Pietro Donati
                                                  Year: 2nd
                                                  House: Ravenclaw
                                                  Any prior experience with martial arts?: None
                                                  What are you hoping to get out of the club? It sounds interesting and fun! And I need the exercise, supposedly.
                                                  Do you so solemnly swear not to intentionally hurt anyone else during any sparring? Cross my heart!
                                                  Do you so solemnly swear never to use the techniques taught except in practice or self defense? Absolutely

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:56 am

User Image✶☁
DUANAIRE LIANE AINDRIAS-EVERA

first year || Gryffindor || halfblood
Cooking Club appreciator || Fite Club ensign || Language Club cadet || Music Club fleeting flautist || Quidditch reserve

By what Aire had gathered of her parents’ experiences at Hogwarts, her mother had been an avid member of the Fencing club. The thing was, Aire had tried swords before. She dropped it. A lot. She also got stabbed. A lot. Dueling club was only for second years and older. But then she heard of a hand-to-hand Fight Club, which sounded worth observing anyways.

Aire had witnessed a few bar fights. She’d be out on shore leave with the crew, minding her own business and sipping her juice or savoring her chocolate cake, and then some drunk would stumble by and say something, and then another drunk would say something else, and soon people were standing up tripping over chairs and punching tables and getting other people involved. Usually that was when Aire would leap over the counter or under the table to protect her cake. But hey, if she could learn to fight, maybe she could just punch people off her cake!

Name: Duanaire Aindrias-Evera (Aire is fine though)
Year: 1
House: Gryffindor
Any prior experience with martial arts?: uhhh I was a spectator for a few bar fights?
What are you hoping to get out of the club? The ability to protect my cake.
Do you so solemnly swear not to intentionally hurt anyone else during any sparring? Yes
Do you so solemnly swear never to use the techniques taught except in practice or self defense? Or in defense of chocolate cake.

She poured herself a little of the cold drink--Aire wasn’t saying no to free snacks--and hung out near the edge of the room until the apparent club leader had them gather.

setting Why are we in a dungeon for this? September 2049 || with not drunks
appearance 4'1", 70 lbs || wearing Black tank and long orange pants. sweater tossed to the side.
status Hey they even have drinks!

Take a look around
And see the world we think we know
Then look closer
There's more to life than meets the eye
A beauty to behold
It's all much bigger than we know
It's only just beginning to unfold
So let it all unfold
☁✶
"Wonderful Life" from Smallfoot.