Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Date Auction

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:47 am
User Image

Date Auction

Still looking for someone to spend the night with? Well look no further and step up to the auction! Anyone who wishes to participate may do so, and anyone is capable of bidding on whoever is available in the auction. All proceeds go to St. Mungo's.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:10 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
⁂ Margaux Héloïse Lévesque ⁂
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxx
Time: 2048-2049
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Margaux might not be a great deal of things but there were things she was. She was physically pretty, artistically talented (probably brilliant) when it came to jewelry design, intelligent (regardless of her Herbology grade for "not participating" ), and she was confident in such. Margaux like any sensible pretty girl her age (and family income) loved a chance to dress off and show off. She hadn't hoped for a date and would not have fancied picking a lesser date than her, so she went alone. She was pretty as a fashion shoot with her long pretty brown hair slightly curled at the bottom jewel tone green dress, black heels, and a choker diamond necklace of her own design, with some simple diamond earrings.

Her confidence and curiosity led her to the date auction. She thought if she should consider bidding on someone (it was for charity and charity donations built business and clients), but that still seemed sad. Then, she came up with a wicked idea that would have caused her mother to faint. She would auction herself off. Hogwarts was a great deal of unorthodox things, but it was still a well respected school, and it wasn't like it was a serious date auction. Just a get to know each other awkward first date. Useful when Margaux would likely be debuted to society of her own. Better to suffer any lack of dignity with a no-body.

Smiling largely and sweetly, Margaux stepped forward and said, "I will be more than happy to support St. Mungo's work as a participant. And furthermore, I'll be happy to match all donations earned in this event." She knew her jewelry box when she was five was likely worth more than what a Hogwarts "Date Auction" would earn. Win-win. She was in no fashion a bad sport, she might get date practice, and she looked generous and kind (important to people in business often, even the sociopaths).

User Image
                                                ----------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ratty? My, how original, never heard that before
                                                Well, then, if you're so sure of what you want
                                                It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                {OoC: Open for interaction.}
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:37 pm
User Image

And tonight I'm feeling like an astronaut
    Sending SOS from this tiny box
    And I lost all signal when I lifted up
    Now I'm stuck out here and the world forgot

Taco wondered of this counted as desperation. Signing up to a date auction. At least it was for a good cause. His dad had sent him some formal wear to wear to the ball. Taco hadn't bothered to ask anyone to the dance. It not like he had many friends.....ok that was depressing. Though he wasnt sad, benifit to being an introvert? Perhaps someone would consoder a date, or be in need of one. Its not like he was signing up for marriage. Perhaps he could score some refreshments of see when good music was on in the great hall. That probably be later that night though.

(Quick placing post for this Titanic of a ship)

So tonight I'm calling all astronauts
              All the lonely people that the world forgot
              If you hear my voice, come pick me up
              Are you out there?
        mc2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:54 am
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxx

The auction had yet to start, giving Margaux time to explore the crowd. It is useful to know what type of person she was potentially volunteering her precious time to. It was of course not full of couples like many locations. Most seemed here out of boredom. Romantic themed events were less entertaining for singles.

As she moved through the crowd, feeling the occasional glance of interest (why not? She was stunning), she spotted who she was sure she had spotted in the common room. She never recalled hearing his voice, but his face yes. Bookish and not the more common Caucasian. He was not in her year but close. A year less or more she did not know. He was Slytherin though, as she an artist and future business woman, would know from remembering his face.

A sweet and innocent smile on her face she stepped in front of Takuto and offered her hand for a handshake in greeting. "Buyer or Seller in this? I believe we are linked though. Slytherin, yes? If you are not aware I am Margaux Héloïse Lévesque, one of the potential heirs to the Lévesque jewelry dynasty. I do know I've never caught your name, and you?"

She waited for Takuto's response with an outstretched hand, an angelic smile, and her head tilted ever so slightly to allow her long brown hair to tumble ever so slightly of her shoulder. Oh she knew her role as a perfect lady and how to play it so well already at only 15.

User Image

It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                {OoC: Let the chaos begin 3nodding }
                                                Kungfudemoness

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:47 pm
User Image

Taco was pulled back out of his mind when someone approached. He attended enough fancy important events of his dad's so he at least knew how not to completely embarrass himself. Margaux introuduced herself and presented her pedigree. Taco was one to not really care but knew it was useful information to use on how to reply. "I am vaugly familier. My dad likes to buy your family brand for my mom. She likes the necklaces the most." He replied shaking her hand with a light bow of the head. "My name is Takuto Ikeda, my family works with the Japanese Ministry of Magic as an ambassador. I decided to enter as selling as raising money for the heath of others is always a good cause. Though I am courious myself, are tou buying or selling?" At least she didnt go in to blood staus, he was not a fan of people flexing that social muscle. He was halfblood himself as his mom was a muggle but stuff like that made no difference other than looking at the family tree.

Are you out there?
        mc2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:11 pm
xxx

When Takuto mentioned his father's and mother's preference to her family's work, Margaux's smile grew and reached a true genuine quality her practiced smile lacked. Proudly she said, "My father is one of the highest regarded designers of the family's company. Like him I agree that necklaces are one of the pieces that grants the designer the most freedom to soar endlessly." She blushed the faintest at her shared excitement. She did have the good sense not to disclose that she has been allowed to introduce one or two pieces under her father's name with her grandfather's approval. She couldn't help but wonder if perhaps one of her pieces found a home with the boy's mother.

Once again gaining her practiced friendliness she said, "Grand-père is highly proud of our work including enchantments. I am sure he is proud to call your family a part of its clientele." She listened as Takuto introduced himself, and Margaux slightly bowed her head and said, "It's a pleasure to formally meet, Takuto. And yes, I very much agree that this is a worthy cause. That is why I happily announced I'm matching all donations raised from this little auction."

Twirling, a strand of her hair she raised a brow as Takuto stated he was selling, and then smiled wider and said, "Ah, no, I thought to sell on top of my donation matching. Why buy when what is offered not to your standards? However..." She smirked and gave Takuto an impish wink, "There is no rule from what I hear that keeps us from participating in the selling and buying. I must say I am always interested in investing if I spot something of interest. And for my investments, I always get what I want..." She chuckled lightly and gave an innocent shrug.

User Image

It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                {OoC:}
                                                Kungfudemoness

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:22 pm
User Image

Taco couldnt help but notice she lit up a bit more when talking about designing jewelery. "My parents do prefer quality." Taco commented back with a smirk. Even if she was a bit pompous it was good someone had a passion. He did internally sigh however when she mention matching donations like it was being done for bragging rights. Well a donation is a donation he supposed irregardless of the thought behind it. "Well I may not be able to match donations with the spending money I'm sent for school but I would be suprised if my parents didn't donate. If nothing else they would at least convince others to." He replied. He had to fake smile a bit when she mentioned not bidding cause someone was beneath her. Though she did shoot him a wink and mention she may buy anyways. Ugh was she going to bid on him. Well if so he would be a gentleman and do it for the fundraiser. If his dad could do it for a living clearly he can for a night. "Well we should bid accordingly to our preferance then?" He replied feeling like it was due to be a long night

Are you out there?
        mc2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:29 am
xxx

"Quality is useless without beauty; however, the Lévesque name is confident to bring both. I am blessed to be a part of such a noble dynasty," She answered with a smile, mostly practiced, partially sincere. She was not surprised when Takuto answered his pocket money was not able to match the donations, most were not given at least a small money pouch full of diamonds and mostly precious jewels at least twice a year for their pocket money. As for his parents donating... "That is kind for them to donate. Your family does donate their time to the service of diplomacy and the greater good as well."

Margaux studied Takuto's reaction to her boldness, attempt at flirting (whether it was 100 percent for practice or of genuine interest, Margaux had not yet decided). She was not sure if it was dread or amusement at the thought, or something else, Takuto was a diplomat's son, he'd be harder to read than most. Margaux may be the perfect pureblood high society lady in training, but she only had money lay on her shoulders, diplomacy in government and policy had far different implications. "Preference, Interests whatever they may be, and amusement," She said with an incline of her head and a grin.

Glancing towards the front of the set up she said aloud, mostly to herself, "Speaking of which when will the auction officially begin?"

User Image

It'd better be

Slytherin!
                                                {OoC:}
                                                Kungfudemoness

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200