[PRP] More Changes (Muna, Hephestus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:49 pm
User Image Muna had been out hunting while the nobility had lost their cushy lifestyle. It hadn't affected her in any way, other than making her chuckle at the thought. Back in the Firekin everyone had to earn their place. None of them could sit back and do nothing while the rest "slaved" away. Though there were more literal slaves here, her sister being one of them, at least with the nobles now working there would be more food and protection for the pride.

Of course, if they had never hunted or fought a day in their life, she wondered how effective they would be at their new roles and wondered if they would be more of a burden than a help.

Still, it wasn't for her to deal with, and she had been taking her time around the pride. Unfortunately that meant she still hadn't made many friends, except for Zlatan and Pinyin. She couldn't help but giggle at the thought of the small hare being braver than his lion friend, but other that those two, nothing. It was like being back in the Firekin, only with less sand. And she was doing what she had been, wandering around the pride to see what was going on.

Rennekae

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:27 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

All of the commotions over the nobility losing their status had made Hephaestus rather uneasy; being a rogue all of her life with only her sisters for a pride had never prepared the seafoam-tipped lioness for these sorts of events. Seeing as it didn't affect her anyway, Phaes had decided to slip out and do some hunting. Normally, she would have asked Kel if he wanted to join her - though her mate was a Guard, he often accompanied her on her hunting trips - but the large male was currently out on patrol, which meant she would have to go it alone. Phaes still had not made much progress in making friends within the Hunters, or the pride in general, and only joined the larger hunting parties when she was asked.

Returning to the pride now with two hares in her jaws, Phaes intentionally avoided the area where the meeting had been taking place on the off chance that it was still going on. Making her way to drop off her prizes, the dust-coloured lioness caught sight of a fellow Huntress up ahead. While the pink pelt was recognizable, it was her almost white eyes that really stood out in Phaes' memory and rang a bell. Putting down her kill on the pile, Phaes swallowed back her nerves and turned toward her pridemate.

"Good morning. Are you just getting back from hunting as well?"

SSBrosB

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:27 pm
Muna had almost walked right by the other lioness deep in... well her own wandering thoughts. They weren't really anything in particular, but it had distracted her to the point that the voice that was directed towards her had made her jump. She cursed in her head at being caught around such a weak point, but ah well, she was caught now. She turned to the other lioness and nodded. "I guess. I've mostly been wandering." She could tell that the lioness didn't seem to originally be from this pride, which meant that they had both been outsiders. She gave the other a smile. "You have been more successful than I." The lioness appeared to be a bit smaller than she, but still bigger than some of the other lions here. Of course, Muna appeared to be a lot bigger than most lions in the pride.

She wasn't sure if she recognized the other, but ah well. If they had met before, they could just meet again! "I assume you skipped the meeting to? I was only there for the announcement and then I left before all of the whining started. Or I assume there was whining, I can't imagine those who don't have to work for a living being happy with the decision."

Rennekae

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:24 am
Phaes smiled at the comment on her success. She had honestly been worried that it wasn't enough; she wasn't yet used to hunting for more than four lions. While she and her sisters had shared the job equally, now she found that it was oddly difficult to remember that she wasn't the only one hunting for the whole pride.

Hephaestus understood the other lioness' admission to just wandering about the pride. Aside from her mate, Phaes didn't really have anyone to talk to yet. If she wasn't hunting and he was on duty, there wasn't much else to do but stroll around and take in the pride's territory.

The taupe lioness nodded at her rosy counterpart. "I did the same. The news doesn't affect me much, and I didn't want to be around for the fuss. Though I suppose we're going to have to endure some of it once the newly demoted join our ranks." Well, that was a sobering thought. Lions usually learned to hunt as cubs. Phaes wasn't sure how to handle a full-grown lion that may have absolutely no hunting skills.

"I was about to do some wandering myself." Phaes started, then paused shyly. Swallowing, she pushed on. "Would you like to wander together? Oh, and I'm Hephaestus, by the way."

SSBrosB

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:42 pm
Muna felt herself grimacing at the mention of the demotion. It was one thing to be demoted after doing something wrong, but to demote those to a position that could affect others within the pride and make it more difficult... "Let's just hope that they don't mess things up for too long. I'm sure some of them are going to be learning and it can be hard for those who have never hunted, but I might tell some of them that they can just stay in the pride and try something different if it doesn't work out." She wasn't sure if she had any authority to do it, she was an ambassador and huntress after all, it wasn't as though they were very important titles. But she could try discussing it with others who were in charge.

Muna smiled at the lioness. "I would love to!" Though she could tell that the other was a bit nervous. "Ah uh, sorry if I'm making you nervous. I get that a lot because of my large stature. I'm tough, but I don't want to be mean to any lion just because." Some however may need to be taught a lesson here and there, but it wasn't her duty to do that sort of thing, not in this pride. All she could do was report it.

Rennekae

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:15 am
Phaes nodded solemnly in response to Muna's hopes. It would be nice if those newly appointed hunters and guards were afforded the opportunity to find out which job suited them best before they were thrown into it. Forcing someone to be a hunter that just couldn't get the hang of it wouldn't be good for anyone.

Pale jaws spread into a wide smile when Muna accepted her offer to wander together, followed by a bashful chuckle at the apology.

"No, no; it's not you. It's... well, everyone really." Phaes turned and started to walk slowly, pausing to make sure that Muna was falling in beside her. "I grew up with just my sisters, and I never really interacted with anyone aside from them. It kind of made for poor social skills."

She finished with a sheepish smile, blue eyes cast shyly over at her companion as she checked for a reaction.

SSBrosB

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:16 pm
Muna followed the other lioness, making sure to keep enough distance between them that they weren't bumping into one another. "I understand." She said in response to the other's confession. "Though I may have grown up with more in my old pride and with my own sister, knowing that I would have to leave when I grew up... it made it feel like everyone else was at a distance that I couldn't reach." She chuckled as she thought about joining this pride. "I think my sister and I were lucky that we were afforded the opportunity to join this one, though my sister was put into a lower class." She wasn't sure why that was and still didn't quite get the reverence of the moon, but perhaps the lions of the pride were on to something that she didn't know about and so she didn't question them.

Still, with the situation changing now that there would be more hunters and guards, would there really be a point to the "slaves" anymore? "Now we're all going to be a bit more even in terms of class, I wonder if some will be able to move up or if they will get rid of a few of the lower ones." She shook her head, feeling her shoulders fall a little. "Wishful thinking on my part I suppose. I felt closer to my sister when we were with the Firekin, now I feel as though we are too far apart."

She sighed and looked at her walking companion. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make it all about myself. Where are your sisters now? Did they not follow you to this pride?"

Rennekae

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:27 am
Hephaestus' ears flicked with curiosity at Muna's remark about knowing she would have to leave her old pride when she grew up. She thought briefly about asking what the pale lioness meant but sensed that the topic might be too tender for a first conversation ever; instead, she decided to focus on the topics she could relate to.

"Ah, that's really unfortunate that she was put in a lower class," Phaes started sympathetically. "I'll admit, I don't fully understand the system, myself. I am grateful, though, that my mate and I were classed together."

Muna's following comments on the classes becoming more "even" piqued Phaes' interest immediately. She hadn't thought that the abolishment of the higher class might also mean the dissolution of the slave class. Even though it didn't affect her personally, she found herself hoping that it would. She had never particularly enjoyed the existence of such a rank, feeling that it was a little demeaning to those put in it. Unfortunately, she didn't know what to say in response, so she offered instead what she hoped was a comforting smile.

"Oh, no, not at all! You don't need to apologize!" she exclaimed. Really, the whole point of this was to get to know each other and hopefully make a friend, so she certainly didn't mind hearing about Muna's personal story. Phaes paused uncertainly at the question. "Uh... No. No, they didn't. I haven't seen my sisters for some time. There was a falling out between us and we sort of split up shortly after. It's a long story." Hephaestus shrugged. It wasn't that she didn't want to tell the story; of course, it still hurt and likely always would, but she didn't mind talking about it. It really was just a long story and she didn't want to bore Muna with it.

SSBrosB

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:27 pm
"I'm still getting used to it too." At least she wasn't the only one. "But it does hurt a bit. In our old pride, rank depended on what you did and how strong one was. Anyone wanting to join the pride had to win a dual against another lion that was already in it. There weren't any slaves, though I think familiars were sometimes used for small tasks." She hadn't remembered seeing many though. It wasn't a surprise. It was hard for a lion to find a familiar in the desert, let alone convincing them to join the pride.

She smiled a bit at Hephaestus' not needing an apology. Sometimes she felt as though she were dominating the conversation, especially since she was so big compared to other lions that she often wondered if she was talking too much. But like with her sister, it seemed that the other lioness also had family issues that still hurt them. And Muna knew it wouldn't be right to ask about it, at least not right now. They were still getting to know each other, and, if it were possible, they were to become friends, perhaps she could ask about it in the future.

Still, it didn't burn in Muna's mind not knowing. She knew there was always some drama or trauma or whatever with most lions. Even in the Firekin there was still quite a bit of fighting. "Well, if you ever feel like you need to talk to someone about it, I'll lend an ear." Muna replied, bumping the other lioness a "little" in the shoulder. Of course, Muna wasn't sure if it was too much but she hoped that she didn't knock the other one over!

Rennekae
I'm so sorry this took so long!

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces