Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ ANIME
Help me figure out this old 90s/2000s anime?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelic Marionette Z

Fashionable Browser

5,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:47 pm
So, I'm not sure if anyone can help or if anyone has watched anything related to what I'm talking about. Back in the late nineties, early 2000s (roughly about 1999-2001) I saw an anime, like possibly the last 10-15 mins of an anime.

So I can't remember anything about the plot because I can only remember this one scene, where a male character (or a female character or possibly an androgynous-looking character) was standing next to their car when they get a call or something via some kind of communication gadget (IDK if it was a cell phone the character had or what). As soon as the character got the call, they hopped into the car and either someone they were talking with (via the communication gadget thing/phone) called them something like Ryoko, Ryusuke, something like Ryo or the character themselves said or thought the name Ryoko (or another Ryo-related/sounding name).

From what I remember, the character had either long or shoulder-length or mid-length hair that was white or a pale blonde color. Another thing I remember was the character driving what looked like a topless car/convertible looking car through a lit tunnel.

That's about all I remember besides the anime looking like it was from the 90s or 2000s. As I said, I can't remember the plot so I couldn't tell you if it was like a sci-fi anime but I think it may have had a scene where the character I mentioned drove through a city (Possibly Tokyo?) at night time.

The anime as a whole could've been one of those early 90s OVA animes that had like maybe two or three episodes or a long movie or it could've been a regular anime series. I've asked around in the Chatterbox forum and some people have suggested that I may be thinking of a scene and character from Cyber City Oedo 808. This scene in particular:

I'm going to admit that I may have a few animes mixed up because when I was ten, I used to watch a lot of different animes, regardless of how old they were or what the story was about, but this whole scene and character that I described has somehow stuck with me for the 17 or so years.

After looking around a bit I've excluded some characters with white that look like what I was thinking of:
-Bakura from YuGiOh (though his hair is about the length of the mysterious character I remember seeing)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

-Practically all the white/blonde-haired villains/guys from Sailor Moon (though Sailor Moon fits the decade the anime may have been from)
-Inuyasha from Inuyasha (and his brother Sesshoumaru too! and Hakudoshi--the baby that work for Naraku)
-Tennyo from Tenchi Muyo
-Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo
-Kagato from Tenchi Muyo

A possible match (besides "Benton" from Cyber City) could be that one lady from Bubblegum Crisis
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(the one in the formal suit on the right, with the silvery hair). But idk. I appreciate any help I can get. Sorry for the long post. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:08 pm
I'm not sure

when you are talking about cars
it could be I'm not good with old 90's anime
e' X-Driver
Area 88 ??  

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Angelic Marionette Z

Fashionable Browser

5,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:20 pm
nena_sakura
I'm not sure

when you are talking about cars
it could be I'm not good with old 90's anime
e' X-Driver
Area 88 ??

Both animes do have characters that somewhat match the descriptions of the character I remember seeing but the anime my mystery character is from felt more like a somber supernatural kinda thing like it gave me the same vibes that Tokyo Babylon or Hellsing did where nearly everything was more tense and somber?  
✩ ANIME

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games