Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:02 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The good thing about having a huge family was that you sort of blended into the crowd and no one noticed when you did something like, say, pierce your navel. Well, her parents had noticed. But no one else really had, or if they did, they hadn't said anything about it. The unfortunate thing about having a huge family, though, was that there was always someone around. You never got a moment to yourself.

Today, though, was an exception. It seemed like there was a lot going on lately in her family, and somehow everyone was doing something today. So Inci was thrilled to be able to grab a scroll with a luscious story of two current-crossed lovers, tuck it under her arm, and find a cozy spot to read it without anyone asking where she was going, what she was doing, when she'd be back, who she'd be with, or any of a million other questions that she tired of answering.

Inci took her scroll and found a quiet place to read, just outside the Palace grounds. She settled on the ground--she didn't mind--and unrolled her scroll. She was immediately immersed in the story, but her eyes flicked up every so often when the movement of a nearby fish caught her attention.

She did a double-take, however, when the movement she saw wasn't a little fish, but a Pae with legs! She was immediately fastincated and couldn't help but stare. She only knew one other Pae with legs, and he seemed to think he was the only one. But this Pae looked different even than Uncle Anxo...not to mention he was super handsome.

_raikouplush_

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:54 pm
Walking up to the shores, Vynnris sighed. He had been searching for someone to talk to, yet most pae he had seen in the distance had already been smiling with friends. With no desire to interrupt a friendly gathering he had moved on. The shores nearby had looked quite enticing that day, with beautiful waters and the gentle wind brushing across his wings. The sands seemed to be a good place to relax and think. Consulting his memory Vynnris remembered that before he had left his home on the adventure he had once overheard a few of his people talking. They had said that there were some pae who lived exclusively underwater, who did not get to feel the crisp sea winds.

I wonder if some live here Vynnris thought to himself as he adjusted the strap of his treasure bag.

Well, there was no time like the present to sate his curiosity. Grabbing a flower from a nearby growth, he held it tightly and jumped into the crystalline waters.

The water was unexpectedly cold, but not painfully so. As his eyes adjusted Vynnris was amazed at what he saw. Fish of so many different kinds, effortlessly swimming as easily as he could fly! There was a stunning palace in the distance, a grandiose building that dominated the underwater landscape. Curious about what secrets it might hold he dove to the sea floor and walked across the sands.

The fish were a beautiful distraction and soon, Vynnris lost sight of his goal. The one fish he had his eyes on reminded him of the stars. Its white scales glimmered in the light that filtered to the sea floor. Following that fish soon became his goal as it seemed to be leading him somewhere.

Then, as if by magic, his wish was granted. Another pae, sitting alone holding a scroll! Her hair was an orange-red like the sunset and rather than legs she seemed to have a fin. She was not like others he had seen before. Maybe she could answer the questions now swirling in his mind? Taking a moment to gather his confidence, Vynnris strolled forward with the small flower extended as an offering.

"Um, hi! My name is Vynnris. Who are you?"  

_raikouplush_

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:48 pm
Oh. Oh wow. Oh, he was coming toward her. What should she do? What should she say? Inci was practically paralyzed and all she could do was watch as he came closer. "I-I'm Inci," she stammered in response to his question. She took the gift he offered and stood up, trying to collect herself.

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and regarded the delicate thing he'd offered her. "This is beautiful...thank you," she said. She touched it gently. "What is it?" She looked up from it to hear his response. It looked like maybe a growing thing, but she'd seen nothing of the sort before in her lifetime.

_raikouplush_

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:14 pm
"It's a flower," Vynnris explained with surprise. "They are common everywhere on the surface. In fact, they are as common as the wind."

Sitting down on a nearby rock, Vynnris motioned to the water surrounding him. "You see the currents? Now, imagine those currents but with no water. The sun is bright on the surface, and up there the flowers have smells."

Vynnris becomes nervous for a moment, rubbing the back of his neck. "To tell you the truth, I know very little about what life is like under the water. If you have time, do you mind telling me a bit? My dream is to wander from village to village, learning all there is to know. What is your dream?"  

_raikouplush_

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:52 pm
"Oh, a flower!" Inci exclaimed. "I've heard of these. Did this one smell very sweet before you brought it down here?" Somehow she hadn't expected flowers to be shaped this way, though to be fair she wasn't sure how she was expecting them to be shaped.

"My dream?" she repeated. Huh. "No one's really asked that before. I guess it would be to read as many scrolls as possible. I do love a good story." She smiled fondly as she spoke.

She mentally marked her place on her scroll and then rolled it up, turning her attention fully to Vynnris. "I, um, I'd like to propose a trade, if you're amenable. I've never been above the waters, but I'd love to know more about the world up there. So, I'll tell you about life down here, if you tell me about life up there."

_raikouplush_
Thanks for waiting on me! smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:44 pm
"That is defenitley a deal," Vynnris said excitedly. "There is so much to tell you, I hope that I do not bore you!"

"So up on the surface, the sky is a pale blue and the stars are tiny pinpricks in the night," he began as his wings fluttered excitedly.

There was so much to tell his new friend that Vynnris forgot all about time, and his original goal of the city. His new friend, Inci, was much more interesting than rumored relics and treasure. The sun was beginning to crest past noon by the time he finished

"And that is why grass is green and why it feels funny on your feet. So, what is life like for you down here in the water?"

Though he knew that time was running short, Vynnris was excited to hear his new friend's side of the story. He could not stay forever, as his home was on the surface and hers beneath the waves. Even now as the heat of the day began to wane the chill of the water was beginning to catch up to Vynnris as he supressed a shudder.

Quote:
Sorry for the wait on the small reply, RL caught up to me a bit and I lost my original train of thought on how this was going to go lol smile

_raikouplush_

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:42 pm
Inci was enraptured, listening to Vynnris speak. He spoke of so many wondrous things, and in such rich detail that Inci felt transported to the surface, seeing and feeling these things for herself. She couldn't believe everyone else spoke so lowly of it.

As he finished his description, Inci felt a rush of regret. She should have been writing these things down, so she could go back and read them later! Not to mention her disappointment that there was no more to hear. "That can't be all!" she blurted, then blushed. "I'm sorry--you're right; it is my turn."

But then, Inci suddenly wasn't quite sure where to start. She looked around, desperate for inspiration. "Um, well..." she stalled, biting her bottom lip. "The Palace!" she exclaimed suddenly. "The Palace is really the center of life here. We have a Queen, Queen Tariel, and she has a Court that advises and protects her. There's Captain Turin--there's a story about him but I'll save that for later--and he's the captain of the Queensguard, those are the Naiad who are the Queen's personal guards. Then there's Commander Itsaso, who's kind of like the second in command. She's kinda scary? I guess like, intense is more like it. I've never actually met her but I've seen her. Then there's Lady Aeroniel, she's the Queen's lady-in-waiting but I don't think I've ever seen her, maybe she's shy and stays in the inner part of the Palace." Inci gave a shrug. "Sorry--I'm rambling." She tucked a stray hair behind her ear.

"Lots of people live in sort of the outer part of the Palace. There's lots of like, apartments. I don't live in the Palace though--I live waaay far that way." She gestured to the west with one hand. "I have a pretty big family, so we need more space than just the small Palace apartments, I guess."

A pause, and then: "What else do you want to know?"

_raikouplush_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:54 pm
"I would like to know more, so much more, but I am afraid I cannot stay," Vynnris explained sadly. "I enjoyed what you thought of as rambling. It made me understand a lot more than before but I feel you still have amazing stories to tell. I am getting cold and I have to return to the surface."

Staring at his feet, Vynnris quickly thought about a solution to his new problem. He wanted to communicate more, but the water was not his home. He needed to fly in the wind and let the sun heat his wings to break off the chill of the water slowly leeching his body heat.

"How about this? I promise to visit more often. I will try to visit at least once per season and we can write letters to one another. If you leave it on the sands with a blue shell I will know its from you. In trade, I will leave a letter with flowers. Does that work for you?

Menelie

_raikouplush_

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:52 pm
"I guess it is kind of cold," Inci agreed. She should be getting home as well; her family would be wondering where she'd gotten off to.

She perked up considerably, though, at the prospect of letter writing. "You'd do that?" she asked, practically beaming. "That sounds amazing! I can't wait to learn more about life on the surface!" She would love to come visit as well, but it would be nearly impossible to get away from her family that long. They all had such strange reservations about the aboveworld. "This definitely works for me," she agreed, nodding emphatically. "But how will I know when you return for a visit? We only happened on each other by chance today."

_raikouplush_
Sorry! Weekends are hard for me to get online.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:53 pm
"I would gladly do that for a friend," Vynnris says as he thinks quickly. "I know! I will always leave a purple flower with my letter and float it in the tide. If the sea wishes, we will see each other again."

With a last wave as the sun begins to set, Vynnris swims to the surface with thoughts of his new friend filling his mind.

_raikouplush_

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff